The Rising Star - Alexia Pute...

By steffi209

Eleanore Queen is the upcoming rising star for both her club and national team. Recruted by the Arsenal Acade... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81
Part 82
Part 83
Part 84
Part 85
Part 86
Part 87
Part 88
Part 89
Part 90
Part 91
Part 92
Part 93
Part 94
Part 95
Part 96
Part 97
Part 98
Part 99
Part 100
Part 101
Part 102
Part 103
Part 104
Part 105
Part 106
Part 107
Part 108
Part 109
Part 110
Part 111
Part 112
Part 113
Part 114
Part 115
Part 116
Part 117
Part 118
Part 119
Part 120
Part 121
Part 122
Part 123
Part 124
Part 125
Part 126
Part 127
Part 128
Part 129
Part 130
Part 131
Part 132
Part 133
Part 134
Part 135
Part 136
Part 137
Part 138

Part 139

3.5K 244 8
By steffi209

A/N: Happy Monday! I hope you all have a good one!

Alba and I had been shopping for the last two hours, running around town and rushing into stores, looking for the perfect outfits. Alba had already collected several bags whereas I chose not to spend as much money as the younger Putellas.

We were well past lunchtime and I was getting hungry. The idea of ceasing our hunt for clothes or shoes and to opt for lunch was growing by the second.

“Hey, do you mind stopping at Walmart for a quick second so I can buy my little brother a small gift and after we can get lunch?” I stopped and asked the brunette.

Alba seemed to have the same idea as I did because when I mentioned lunch her eyes immediately lit up. “Yes!” The girl practically shouted but soon got a grip on herself again.

“I mean no, I don't mind and yes, I like that idea.” She said after she cleared her throat but that big smile and twinkle in her eyes remained.

“Come on.” I chuckled and grabbed her arm that held onto four bags. “This way.” I guided her to the closest Walmart.

“Okay, what are we looking for?” Alba curiously asked while she let her eyes roamed over the aisles we were walking through.

“I don't know yet. Something for my brother.” I shrugged and continued my way to the toy department.

“Okay, maybe the better question is, how old is he?” Alba followed me closely, scared that she would get lost in the massive store.

Obviously Alba hadn't met my family yet but she vaguely knew about my brother. Alexia had spoken about him more than once apparently but that introduction didn't go any further than that he was the sweetest and cutest boy Alexia had met.

“He's four.” I turned around and smiled at her before looking in front of me again.

Once we reached our final destination, I looked over all the toys that were neatly put away in the aisles but I couldn't help but be overwhelmed. Quietly I looked through most of them in search of a cool gift.

I had just passed the section with all the Nerf guns when suddenly I felt a soft arrow hit the side of my head. Slowly, I turned my head to the side where the arrow came from and I saw Alba, holding a small nerf gun in her hands.

She was trying so incredibly hard not to laugh. It cost her a lot of energy not to burst out laughing then and there.

“Really?” I glared at her. She simply nodded, still trying not to laugh but she raised her gun again, aiming it at me.

“Alba.” I warned and slightly tilted my head but the smirk only grew on her face.

“Don't you,” but before I could finish, another arrow hit me straight at my forehead again. This caused the youngest Putellas to break. She burst out laughing, she even bent over, holding her stomach.

“Run.” I gritted through my teeth and she bolted away with a squeal, still holding on to the Nerf gun.

I grabbed one myself and took off after her. Of course, the one that I took was a lot bigger than the one she had taken. After running down some aisles, I finally spotted Alba.

“Alba! Stop!” I ran straight to her but I should have thought this through. What did I expect? For her to wait for me?

“Nope.” She mumbled and immediately took off. In seconds I was right behind, shooting some arrows at her, narrowly missing the younger girl. “Damn you and your stupid love for sport.” Alba grumbled, still running and dodging my arrows.

Alba turned a corner and when I was about to do the same, I almost bumped into another customer. “Oh, I'm sorry.” I apologized and sheepishly looked at the older lady who I had almost knocked over.

When I focused back in front of me, Alba was gone. I cursed myself for losing her, trying to come up with a strategy to find her faster.

“You can run, but you can't hide. I'll find you.” I mumbled to myself once I saw Alba tucked away behind a rack of clothes. Slowly I tiptoed towards it, aiming my Nerf gun at her and when I was close enough I started shooting.

"Aaaah!" Alba shrieked in surprise and the girl rushed off, shooting at me.

That's how an innocent act of shooting an arrow at my head turned into a full blown war. Arrows were flying around the aisles from left to right. We both were so consumed with our battle that we hadn't noticed an employee coming over.

“Eleanore Marie Queen! Drop that gun!” My eyes instantly widened at the sound of that voice. I could recognize that voice everywhere.

"Hey, Miss Thompson.” I spun around, my arms behind my back and a sheepish smile on my face.

Everyone knew Kate Thompson. Miss Thompson was an older lady in her early fifties that lived in my neighborhood and who worked here at the store. In her free time she volunteered at our local school. She was known as a sweet and very kind woman and as years went by she became friends with my mom.

“Long time no see.” I grinned. Alba had shuffled over and by now she stood behind me.

“Drop the gun.” She repeated herself and pointed at the gun in my hand.

“Right.” I slowly put down the gun. “Sorry.” I grinned at the woman but she just shook her head, not impressed by my shenanigans. Alba did the same and placed down the small nerf gun.

“After so many years, you're still causing trouble wherever you go.” She tried to keep a straight face but soon a smile broke out on her face and pulled me in a hug.

“Good to see you again Ellie. It's been awhile.” The dark haired woman mumbled into my shoulder.

“Now, get out of my store.” Her once so smiling face suddenly turned serious with a big glare. She grabbed me by the ear and dragged me to the exit.

“Ah, that hurts. I'll walk, I'll walk.” I complained and swatted her hands away. This time it was me who was glaring at her.

Alba simply stood there with big, widened eyes. The girl was in shock but most of all confused. I turned around to face her again and introduced the two.

“Alba, this is Miss Thompson. An old family friend who I forgot works here.” I rolled my eyes at the last part of the introduction but the older lady had a proud look on her face.

“Miss Thompson, this Alba, my friend from Spain.” I spun around again and gestured to the youngest Putellas.

“She does not look like a football player.” Miss Thompson looked Alba up and down confused. Alba was quick to agree with her. “God no. Definitely not a football player. My sister is.” Alba politely held out her hand for miss Thompson to shake.

“I like this one.” Kate grabbed Alba’s hand with a friendly smile. “It's nice to meet you.”

Kate let go of Alba and instantly glared at me again. “Now get out of my store.”

“Fine.” I gave in and rolled my eyes. Alba chuckled at my childlike behavior but one glare from Kate made her shut right up.

“Just like old times.” the older one grumbled and rolled her eyes.

Alba and I followed right behind her in complete silence, we must have looked like two teenagers who just gotten into trouble. To be fair that kind of was the case but all it took was one side glance at each other for that shit eating grin to appear on our faces.

Kate stopped right in front of the exit, her expression still serious. “I don't want to see you in the store for the rest of the day.” Kate warned me but her serious look turned soft after and pulled me into a hug.

“Good luck with the next game. I'm really proud of you Ellie.” She whispered which brought a smile to my face.

“Thanks Miss Thompson.” I tightened the hug but all I could hear was a scoff. “How many times do I have to tell you to call me Kate. You're not a kid anymore.”

“Probably till you're old and gray.” I chuckled and let go of the hug. “Can I maybe buy the Nerf gun? I was looking to buy a present for Austin.” I carefully asked my friend, trying to look as cute and innocent as possible.

It took her a few seconds to think it over. Technically she had to kick us out of the store but the cute look on her face and the fact that she knew me personally made her bend the rules a little bit.

“Fine.” She groaned and walked over to get the gun checked out.

“My feet are killing me.” Alba fell down in her seat, complaining. After I got the Nerf gun checked out and said my goodbyes to Kate, we finally made it to this little cute Cafe for lunch.

“Oh stop complaining. It was your idea to go shopping, not mine.” I looked at her accusingly and proudly placed down the gun. Austin will be thrilled once he gets it. My mom probably not so much.

“Be glad I took you shopping, otherwise you wouldn't have a present for Austin.” Alba rolled her eyes at my accusation but her glare immediately made way for a polite smile once the waitress arrived to take our orders.

As soon as the girl left with our orders I scoffed at my future sister in law. “Yeah, a present that I almost couldn't buy because we got kicked out of that store.” I glared at the girl.

This time it was Alba who scoffed. Again did the girl roll with her eyes. “And whose fault was that?” she said expectedly and raised an eyebrow.

“Yours!” I exclaimed in shock. Alba's mouth fell wide open, not agreeing with me in the slightest. “Is not!”

“Yes it was. You started it!” I fought back but of course Alba wouldn't go down that easily. “Doesn't mean you have to go full Lara Croft on me!”

For a second we both kept staring at each other, the both of us being stubborn but that didn't last long because as soon as the stare down started, we bursted out in laughter.

“No but all joking aside. Thanks Alba. You did help a lot today.” I smiled at the girl and she mirrored my expression as well, taking my hand in hers.

“De nada hermana. You're part of the family now besides I may like you better now than Ale but don't tell her I told you that.” Alba chuckled at her own joke but nonetheless it warmed my heart knowing that I had found such good people to surround myself with.

“Love you too Alba.”

Sonnett's pov:

The group and I were hanging out in mine and Rosie's room. Most of the youngsters were here. Sam, Mal, Abby, Linds, Rosie, and I. The only one we were missing was Ellie, who I hadn't seen since practice today.

Lindsay, Abby and Sam were talking about something funny Finn had done and Mal and Rose were talking about Mall's boyfriend Dansby. I was bored out of my mind to say the least, I needed Ellie to save me from dying of boredom.

“Where is Ellie again?” I groaned out. The other girls seemed to catch on to my frustration and Lindsay got up for her spot on the bed next to the girls she was talking to.

“for the umpteenth time, she's out with a friend but let's stretch those legs of yours, see if we can find something for you to do before you get insufferable.” Linds said while going to the door. I wasted no time in getting up and following right after her, done with sitting around doing nothing.

We were just about to enter the lobby when we saw Ellie walk in with a tan, brunette girl. It was the same girl from yesterday at the stadium. Now that I got a closer look at her, she seemed to be around Ellie's age, beautiful features, tan, she could be Ellie's type.

Ellie and the girl were laughing uncontrollably and I immediately held out my hand in front of Lindsay to stop her.

“Sonnett, what the hell?” Lindsay ran into my arm and glared at me confused as to why I stopped her.

I simply pointed at the two girls walking towards the elevator at the other side of the lobby. For the first time since yesterday, Ellie seemed free, she seemed lighter, laughing and joking around with that girl. She was happy.

“Is that the girl from yesterday?” Lindsay squinted at the two, trying to see if it was really her.

“It is.” I said, staring at them before looking at Lindsay with that all knowing look. “Friends my ass.”

Lindsay rolled her eyes but even she had to agree that it seemed like it could be possible and that was enough evidence I needed.

“We need to find out.” I jumped into action the minute Ellie and the girl got into the elevator but Lindsay was fast enough to grab me by the collar of my shirt.

“No, you don't.” And she dragged me back to Where we came from. “You leave her alone, do you understand?” She asked me sternly, she didn't even let go of my collar.

“Fine.” I grumbled and retreated back to my room.

Ellie's pov:

Alba and I were still chilling in my room after our shopping spree and getting kicked out of one of Walmart. I was resting against the headboard, scrolling through Instagram and Alba was doing the same but she layed on the foot end of the bed with her arms raised above her head.

The tranquility of the moment got disrupted when my phone suddenly went off, almost causing me to drop it out of shock. When my phone was properly in my hands again and I had taken a minute to calm my beating heart, a smile came to my face.

Alba instantly knew who it was and rolled her eyes at the overly cute gesture. She continued on with scrolling through her phone while I picked up the FaceTime call.

“Hola Hermosa.” Alexia greeted me with a big, loving smile. "How are you? Did you recover well from the game last night?” Her big smile changed into a worried look, desperate to make sure I was fine. After the last camp she made a promise to herself to check in with me whenever she could.

“I'm good." I hummed, my heart warmed at the thought of her caring so much. “How are you? Are my other two second halves behaving themselves?” I smirked and Alexia rolled her eyes.

“I'm good but don't get me started on those two. I swear I love them to death but there is gonna be a day when I'm going to murder them.” Alexia rolled her eyes at the mention of our two best friends. They do tend to get a bit much sometimes. “I'm surprised I managed to lose them. If they knew I'm talking to you they would have never left us alone.” my girlfriend let out a sigh of relief.

“Hola hermana!” Alba jumped on the bed right next to me.

There was a big grin plastered on her face. One that was definitely the complete opposite as her sister's face. Her mouth hung open in utter shock. Never in a million years had she expected Alba to appear on my screen but here she was.

“Yeah about that, we're not alone.” I said with a grimace on my face but the girl remained frozen on the other side of the screen.

“Alexia?” Alba waved her hand in front of the camera but still no movement.

“Did the image freeze?” The younger Putellas looked at me confused but I shrugged my shoulders, not knowing what was wrong.

“Babe?” I carefully asked her and that seemed to bring her back to the land of the living.

“Alba?” She had finally processed it all but her brain was still trying to figure out if she was seeing this correctly.

“What? Don't recognize your own sister?” Alba smirked at her sister, proud that she was able to shock her so much but to be fair who wouldn't be surprised.

“What the hell are you doing there?! How?! Why?!” Alexia's eyes were spread wide open, rambling on, trying to make sense of the sudden appearance.

“It's simple really. I had a week off, was bored so decided to pay my favorite sister in law a visit.” Alba proudly explained and shrugged her shoulders like it was the most normal thing to happen.

Alexia scoffed at her sister and rolled her eyes. Like a small child who wasn't allowed what she wanted, she crossed her arms over her chest, a scowl present on her face.

“Ale, are you okay?” I carefully asked the girl but the scowl remained on her face although when her gaze met mine, her eyes softened.

“Perfect. I'm fine.” Alexia grumbled. Alba smirked at her sister's response. She knew that her sister wasn't really mad but she was incredibly jealous right now. Not that she was scared of her sister trying something but of the fact that Alba was here and she wasn't.

“Babe, are you jealous?” I tried to contain my laughter when I asked the question but it was hard to do so. Definitely when her cheeks heated up a bit.

“No.” Alexia grumbled and looked at everything but the camera of her phone, effectively avoiding Alba and I.

“She so is!” Alba yelled and unlike me, she did burst out in laughter.

“I'm not.” Alexia grumbled and crossed her arms over her chest again but this time she was pouting.

“Oh baby, it's okay.” I tried to make her feel better and pushed Alba out of the bed. The youngest Putellas landed on the floor with a hard thud.

“Hey!” She yelled out but stayed in her spot, rubbing her sore but and glared at me.

“I'm not jealous. I just wanna be there instead of Alba.” Alexia explained herself. A soft look took over my features. I was about to reply when Alba ruined the moment.

“So you are jealous.” Alba’s head reappeared on the screen. Both Alexia and I glared at the girl and I even went so far to push her off the bed again. This caused Alexia to crack a smile and Alba to whine.

I lovingly smiled at the catalonian, reminding myself that I would hold her in my arms again in a few more days.

“I miss you too.”

Alexia, Alba and I spend an hour chatting away about anything and everything. Alexia eventually relaxed and eased into the conversation as well but after an hour Alexia needed to go to practice and I needed to go to dinner.

After saying our goodbyes and Alba giving us the space to do so, we hung up the phone. Now it was Alba who I had to say goodbye to.

“Thanks Alba. For the afternoon. I mean it. It really helped.” I pulled her into a hug and Alba’s arms wrapped around my shoulders immediately.

“Anytime hermana.” She placed a soft kiss on my cheek and whispered in my ear 'if you ever need to talk, I'll always be here.’.

“Same goes for you.” I let go of the hug and smiled at the girl. That's when I remembered the little gift I had for her.

“Oh hold on. Almost forgot.” I rushed back into my room to retrieve the gift. Alba curiously looked at the paper bag that I had in my hands when I approached the door again where we were saying our goodbye.

I handed Alba the bag and she immediately looked at what was inside. Her hand wrapped around the soft, white fabric and she pulled it out. In her hands was a USA jersey with the number seven on it.

“It's not that spectacular. I hope I didn't get your hopes up too high but now you have your own. It's mine that I wore yesterday.” I sheepishly swayed on my feet from left to right, nervously playing with the hem of my shirt.

Alba's eyes shot up to meet mine. They were filled with tears and her bottom lip quivered very slightly. “Thank you.” She jumped into my arms. “You have no idea how much this means to me.”

“You're welcome.” I tightened the hug and we both basked in all the love we could from this hug. “I can't wear that though.” Alba teased and grabbed a strong hold of my shoulder while I tried to push her away.

“Good job at ruining the moment.” I chuckled, knowing full well it was all for good fun.

“See you at the game Ellie.” Alba let go of the hug with a big smile and kissed my cheek again before walking out the door.

“See you Alba.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

894K 30.1K 61
Rosie White, an Art History student working to achieve her life goal of becoming a sought-after local artist. She pours her heart and soul into her a...
139K 3.1K 60
What happens when a girl who is hard to love joins arsenal? I guess you're about to find out... Ps don't come at me for anything I'm not trying to d...
15.6K 237 16
"This article would be huge, but I couldn't do that to her.. Could I?" Evelyn Sayers was just a plain journalist. Well, plain in her mind. She couldn...
1.3M 13.9K 18
***EXCERPT ONLY*** He is Captain of the football team. Most popular Guy in school. Can get any girl he wants. Next in line to be Alpha. Logan's not r...