The Road to the Imperial Exam...

By MarygraceDumasis

"The Road to the Imperial Examination for a Poor Family   Lin Yuanqiu assumes the role of a five-year-old chi... More

1-5 page
6-10
11-15
16-20
21-25
26-30
31-35
36-40
41-45
46-50
51-55
56-60
61-65
66-70
71-75
76-85
86-95
96-100
101-105
106-110
111-115
201-205
206-210
211-215
216-220
221-225
116-120
226-230
231-235
236-240
241-244
121-125
Epilogue
Epilogue 2
126-130
131-135
136-140
141-145
146-155
156-160
161-165
166-170
171-175
176-180
181-185
186-190
191-195
196-200
Epilogue 4
Epilogue 5
The End

Epilogue 3

172 0 0
By MarygraceDumasis

Chapter 232 Epilogue (3) (1/2)

The imperial examination path for poor families Little sweet-scented osmanthus grandma 5191 words 1 month ago

Since people didn't hear clearly, Lin Yuanqiu naturally had the obligation to say it again.

He cleared his throat and said sternly: "I am saying that Mr. Ding and Mr. Zhang went to Chazipo to take care of the bricks and stones for the construction of Xiangdian this time. I hope you two can do your best. If you don't Responsible for my trust. ()"

Seeing that Lord Shangshu was not joking, other officials in the hall were astonished with mouths as big as fists.

They really didn't expect that Master Lin would arrange hard work for Ding Shilang and Zhang Shilang without saying a word.

But isn't it just hard work? Although Chazi Slope is located on the outskirts of the capital city, there is no village or shop in front of it, and there is not even a place to rest.

Staying in such a place for one or two days, not to mention ten days and a half month, is not enough. You must know that Master Ding and Master Zhang are both pampered and pampered. How can they bear this kind of sin?

Furthermore, there are more than a dozen heads of the Household Department, so when did the Minister of Finance need to personally supervise the work?

Therefore, in everyone's opinion, Mr. Lin's first fire as a new official was too unreasonable.

The only thing that can explain it is that Mr. Lin came up with the depression in his heart. After all, there are naturally many people in the Ministry of Finance who know very well what Minister Ding and Minister Zhang did with the repair money.

At this time, Ding Yongquan and Zhang Meng were naturally very angry.

If possible, the two of them would have wanted to ask angrily on the spot, when would they, a minister of household affairs, personally go to the wilderness to serve as a supervisor for beggars, let alone eat and live with beggars so much? sky.

However, the two of them could only think about these words in their hearts, and they would definitely not dare to express them to their mouths. Otherwise, if people spread it to the ears of the Holy Emperor, they would definitely say that they are indolent and indolent.

So at this moment, Ding and Zhang, no matter how angry they were, did not dare to say directly that they refused to go to Chazipo.

But it is naturally impossible for them to accept the drudgery like this.

Tiredness is secondary, but the main reason is that I just can’t stand it anymore.

You know, since Lu Shangshu became an official, Ding and Zhang have received the support of many officials from the Ministry of Household Affairs.

If today they were arranged by Lin Shangshu to work as supervisors in the wilderness, how could they still have any prestige in the Ministry of Household Affairs in the future?

So they had to quickly come up with a good way to refuse.

Ding Yongquan is indeed a quick-thinking person. His eyes dance up and down, and he quickly thinks of his daily morning routine. If you are squatting on Chazi Slope, how can you attend the morning court?

Thinking of this, Ding Yongquan immediately breathed a sigh of relief, and he was determined in his heart, but he deliberately put on an embarrassed look on his face. Sir, it is the duty of a lower official to share the worries of the imperial court, and there is no need for hard work ()" , It’s just that my lord, you must have forgotten that every day at the Yin time, the lower officials have to go to the palace to attend court early, I’m afraid it will be difficult to get to Chazipo.”

Upon hearing this, Zhang Meng, who had just woken up from a dream, just rolled his eyes with laughter. Yes, yes, why didn't I think of it? If they stayed in Chazipo for ten days and a half, wouldn't it be a delay in going to the morning court? If the Holy Spirit blames this, Lord Lin will be forced to walk around without food.

Thinking of this, Zhang Shilang's voice immediately became full of energy, "My lord, the court has a document. Any official who is late for morning court or does not come to court for no reason will have his salary deducted at the least, and can be flogged at the most. Dare to disrespect the holy order, it seems that I am afraid that I will violate the official order today.

() You got it. "

Humph, I didn't think twice before stumbling with someone. There's no way I can delay going to court.

Although Zhang Meng claimed to be a lower official, there was no respect at all on his face.

At this time, other officials had similar thoughts to Zhang Meng's, and they all felt that Lin Yuanqiu was acting without consideration.

Alas, it's true that he can't do things well if he has nothing to say. Look, this new official's first fire was ignited when he took office, and it was extinguished by a basin of cold water.

There are eleven chief officials in the Household Department. In addition to Lin Yuanqiu, the Secretary of the Household Department, and the left and right assistant ministers Ding Yongquan and Zhang Meng, there are also four members of the Household Department, Wailang and Household Doctor.

Although there were not many people, they were divided into several groups according to their different thoughts.

Naturally, most of them were those who were aware of current affairs. After seeing the ability of Minister Ding and Minister Zhang to exclude Lu Shangshu from becoming an official, many officials from the Ministry of Revenue who were aware of current affairs immediately looked up to these two men.

Although in the end the post of Minister of Household Affairs did not fall to Minister Ding or Minister Zhang as everyone expected. But this does not prevent everyone from being optimistic about the two of them. Everyone feels that with the methods of Master Ding and Master Zhang, the newly appointed Minister Lin will be defeated in a short time.

Therefore, in everyone's opinion, it is only a matter of time before Lord Ding or Lord Zhang becomes the Minister of the Ministry of Household Affairs.

As for them, there is nothing wrong with burning more heat at this time.

Thinking like this, some people began to scratch their heads and prepared to say a few words of support for Ding Shilang and Zhang Shilang.

But before these people could speak, they saw their Minister Lin with a smile on his face, and said in an unhurried voice: "It doesn't matter, I have just entered the palace to ask for the Holy Majesty's instructions. The Holy Majesty has already agreed and allowed me to have full authority. Just take charge of the renovation of the Ancestral Temple."

What! Has the Holy Spirit already agreed?

Ding Yongquan and Zhang Meng suddenly became speechless, and the smiles on their faces were uglier than crying.

Everyone present was also stunned. They thought that Mr. Lin would definitely be defeated today. Who would have thought that they underestimated people, and people don't fight "battles" that they are not prepared for.

Since the Holy One has agreed, other officials have nothing to say.

The most important thing is that the Holy Emperor actually fully agreed with Master Lin's ideas, including the incredible idea of ​​recruiting beggars to help repair the Ancestral Temple.

It can be seen from this that the Holy Master holds Lord Lin in high regard.

Thinking of this, everyone present immediately straightened up their loose sitting postures, and then straightened their backs.

Lin Yuanqiu saw all the reactions of his subordinates. Originally, he didn't like the new officer's three-pronged approach when he took office. But now Lin Yuanqiu felt that sometimes, the authority that should be established still had to be established.

Seeing that no one had any objections, Lin Yuanqiu quickly gave instructions on the next arrangements.

First, it was Minister Ding and Minister Zhang. Lin Yuanqiu directly assigned them and said, "Tomorrow morning you two will lead the people to Chazi Slope to erect all the thatched sheds."

In this way, the workers will have a place to eat and live after they leave.

As soon as Lin Yuanqiu finished speaking, everyone saw that although Minister Ding and Minister Zhang had reluctance on their faces, they did not hesitate in their actions. They both bowed to Mr. Lin who was standing above them, "I accept your order, sir!" "

Everyone present couldn't help but sigh. Sir Ding and Mr. Zhang's west wind was regarded as being praised by Shangshu today.

The east wind of man is firmly suppressed.

After making arrangements to build the straw shed, Lin Yuanqiu assigned tasks to other officials one by one.

Some started writing recruitment notices immediately; some organized recruitment matters for tomorrow; some purchased food to prepare for meals; and some went to the work department next door to connect carpenters and stone masons.

Just like that, within half an hour, all the chief officials of the Ministry of Revenue took action.

As for Lin Yuanqiu himself, after everyone dispersed, he quickly started writing and allocating the repair funds.

With the use of old stones and the reduction of labor costs, the sixteen thousand taels of repair money no longer have to be stretched. However, Lin Yuanqiu was still prepared to spend the money in this province. He should spend money where it should be spent, so that the repair of the Ancestral Temple must be successfully completed.

This busy process lasted more than two hours. When all the money was arranged, it was time to place the value.

After returning home and having dinner, Lin Yuanqiu went directly to the study.

When assigning tasks today, Lin Yuanqiu suddenly thought of the responsibility letter from his previous life, and then thought of the hole Ding and Zhang had dug for themselves this time. Lin Yuanqiu thought about drawing such a table.

Then tomorrow he will send it to the bookshop and ask the shopkeeper to print hundreds of copies according to the pattern.

Lin Yuanqiu planned that starting from the renovation of the Ancestral Temple, everyone who handles all matters in the household department must sign his or her name on the responsibility list. Especially where money is involved, the person in charge must clearly register the whereabouts of the money one by one, and then sign his or her name.

In this way, all responsibilities are divided one by one, and you don’t have to worry about fighting each other when something goes wrong.

It is said that you should not have the intention to harm others, and you should not have the intention to guard against others. Lin Yuanqiu felt that having such a form in hand would not only improve the sense of responsibility of his subordinates, but also help him avoid many pitfalls.

Lin Yuanqiu planned to make three copies of each responsibility letter. One would be presented to the Holy Father for review, one would be filed with the Ministry of Household Affairs, and the remaining one would be kept by the person concerned.

Chapter 232 Epilogue (3) (2/2)

The imperial examination path for poor families Little sweet-scented osmanthus grandma 5191 words 1 month ago

It must be said that Lin Yuanqiu's method of avoiding blame-shifting was so novel that when he later presented the signed letter of responsibility together with the repair progress of the Ancestral Temple to the Holy Spirit, Emperor Jingchang praised him constantly and quickly asked him to do so. Other government agencies have also adopted this approach of holding themselves accountable, and the results have been very good.

But these are all things for later, so we won’t mention them today.

······

The next day, a notice was posted in the West Market recruiting beggars. The conditions given were food and accommodation, and an additional five cents per person per day.

Although the wages given are not high, such conditions are quite attractive to the beggars who are hungry every day.

So the message was passed on to ten, and in just half a day, hundreds of beggars came to sign up.

To be precise, there were only more than a hundred beggars who came to sign up to work, and the rest were all family members who came with them, some with their parents, and some with their parents, wives and children.

Most people who become beggars are caused by disasters in their hometowns or because their families are in trouble and cannot survive.

As for these beggars, they were usually scattered throughout the capital in small numbers. Now they were gathered together, and there seemed to be an unusually large number of them, and this did not include those who had not received any recruitment news.

Several directors saw that the number of applicants exceeded original expectations, and the beggars were also worried about leaving their parents, wives and children behind.

In the city, they all asked if they could do without the five cents a day and just let them bring their families with them to work. ()

The principals immediately reported the matter to Lin Yuanqiu.

?Grandma Xiao Guihua reminds you that "Poor Family's Road to the Imperial Examination" will be updated in [] as soon as possible. Remember [(()

When Lin Yuanqiu arrived at the West Market, what he saw was a large group of beggars in ragged clothes with expectations in their eyes.

Big and small, old and young, I didn’t expect there to be so many beggars in the capital.

Lin Yuanqiu naturally knew what they were looking forward to. In fact, it was not impossible to let all these old, weak, women and children follow. Although these people can't do heavy work, they can always help with cooking, and even picking up bricks is not a tiring job. The rainy season in the north will arrive in just over a month. With more people working, we can repair the Ancestral Temple before the rainy season.

Thinking of this, Lin Yuanqiu nodded and agreed to the beggars' request. Then he asked the supervisors to register the beggars on a household basis, and provided food and accommodation as before. As for wages, it was changed to five cents per household per day.

As soon as they heard that the official would not only give them food, but also not deprive them of their wages, the beggars immediately beamed with joy and kowtowed one by one while shouting, "Thank you, master! Thank you, master!"

Emperor Jingchang was also surprised when he heard the number of beggars who signed up to work this time. He did not expect that there were so many beggars in the capital.

It is said that there is strength in numbers, and if there are too many people living without a fixed place, trouble will inevitably arise over time. As a king, Emperor Jingchang felt that he should pay attention to this matter.

······

With the participation of the beggars, the grass shed in Chazipo was completed in a few days. Then the beggars got busy digging and polishing the stones.

The women and children among them helped clear the piles of rubble for bricks that could be used for building walls.

As for the older beggars, those who wash the rice and those who wash the vegetables take over all the work of cooking and cooking.

The scene of hundreds of people busy at the same time made the originally quiet Chazipo become lively.

No longer worrying about filling their stomachs, both adults and children now feel more relaxed on their faces. In addition, while being busy, the little kid would play and chase each other from time to time, and it looked like a prosperous scene.

The only ones who don't match this scene are probably Ding Yongquan and Zhang Meng, who are squatting in the hut and unable to smile.

It can be said that since arriving at Chazipo, apart from tightening their foreheads and eyebrows, Ding and Zhang have had various difficulties adapting.

In fact, the two of them had made thorough preparations before coming to Chazi Slope. For example, three meals a day are cooked by the cook in the mansion, and then delivered here by a servant in a carriage.

In addition, the two of them also brought over the bathtub from the house, so that daily bathing was still guaranteed.

As for bedding, it is indispensable to have soft and comfortable pillows and bedding. It's just that the quilt is easy to solve, but the bed for sleeping is not. They can't bring the step-bed in the house here.

Therefore, what troubled Ding Yongquan and Zhang Meng the most in the past few days was the problem of sleeping. Both of them had fat bellies. They were lying on a temporary bed made of hard wood, and it was difficult to turn over. By the morning of the next day, there was no part of my body that wasn't sore.

After staying up like this for several nights, the two of them finally had no choice but to have the wood removed. Then they imitated the beggars and directly built a pile of straw on the ground, and then spread soft bedding on top. It was better to sleep like this than before.

() I felt much more comfortable.

Normally, Ding Yongquan and Zhang Meng should be happy that the problem of sleeping has been solved, but there was no trace of joy on their faces that were darkened by the wind. Speaking of which, their dignified minister of household affairs actually slept on a straw hut like a beggar. It was strange that he was happy.

Especially since they had not gone to the morning court for many days in a row, the two of them felt empty in their hearts, always feeling like they had been abandoned by the court.

Therefore, at this moment, Ding Yongquan and Zhang Meng just hoped that the matters at hand could be completed as soon as possible, so that they could return to the court as soon as possible.

As for how to deal with Mr. Lin in the future to avenge this time, Ding Yongquan and Zhang Meng felt that they should take a long-term approach.

Alas, the official level is overwhelming. They can no longer act blindly.

······

If the construction starts one day earlier, it will be completed one day earlier. Once the craftsmen arranged by the Ministry of Works are in place, the repair of the Ancestral Temple will begin in full swing.

This was the first job he took on after arriving in Beijing, and Lin Yuanqiu definitely wanted to complete it to perfection.

Fortunately, his overseas experience in the past few years has made him no stranger to construction. Although the Imperial Ancestral Temple has many regulations that are different from ordinary houses, it can never deviate from its origins. Besides, no matter what shape it is, there are drawings to follow. Lin Yuanqiu only needs to control the expenditure of materials, labor, and money.

Speaking of monetary expenses, due to the use of old materials and the reduction in labor costs, less than half of the cost was directly saved. No, when the Ancestral Temple was completed more than two months later, after all the expenses were settled, more than 5,200 taels of silver were left out of the 16,000 taels.

Seeing the extra money on the books, and thinking about the beggars' repeated steps when they were disbanded, Lin Yuanqiu suddenly had an idea in his mind, why not use the money to make a settlement for the beggars.

So the next day, Lin Yuanqiu handed over a memorial to resettle the beggars in the capital. His suggestion was to use the remaining money from the construction of the Ancestral Temple to give the homeless beggars a place to stay, that is, to build them a house to live in. Just choose Chazipo as the place to build your house.

Lin Yuanqiu felt that the Holy Father would definitely agree to his proposal. After all, it was a good thing that benefited the people.

Sure enough, Emperor Jingchang, who was already concerned about the beggars in the capital, felt so sleepy after seeing the memorial that he handed over a pillow. As the king of a country, nothing makes him happier than letting his people live and work in peace and contentment. After thinking about the feasibility of the matter, Emperor Jingchang soon asked Lin Yuanqiu to go to the imperial study to discuss it, and then issued an order to hand over the matter to Lin Yuanqiu.

The imperial edict was issued at the court meeting on the second day. At that time, many courtiers were surprised and envious. They were surprised because this kind of practice of directly building a house for beggars had never happened before.

As for envy, of course it is because this is a good job that can leave a good reputation among the people.

However, considering that this proposal was originally proposed by Lin Shangshu, and that someone else had previously figured out a way to use old materials to build the Ancestral Temple, they could save money to provide a home for the beggars, so they had nothing to be jealous of and only blamed their own heads. Melon is not as active as Mr. Lin.

Lin Yuanqiu naturally likes to do practical things for the people. Just like the "small county but big city" strategy in Dinghu County, Yongning Prefecture and Shizhou Prefecture, seeing the smiles on the faces of the people will give him a sense of accomplishment. Filling his chest.

The most important thing for an official is to love the people? Lin Yuanqiu felt that as long as he maintained this belief, his future career would not depend on corruption.

······

Having had the experience of "a small county but a big city", building a resettlement house was a piece of cake for Lin Yuanqiu, so after returning to the Ministry of Household Affairs, he quickly arranged to measure the foundation.

However, when Lin Yuanqiu led his subordinates to Chazipo for an on-site inspection, he found that there were still people living in the dozen thatched huts. When he got closer, he saw that they were still beggars doing work.

It turned out that after all the people who worked that day were dismissed, the beggars did not go back to the ruined temple or stay under the roof of someone's house as usual. Instead, they continued to live in the thatched shed and lived in Chazipo for more than two years. Yue, they have involuntarily regarded this place as home.

With the wages earned from their work, the beggars have gone to the city to buy coarse grains these days, and some even bought vegetable seeds. So at the moment, some of the beggars are cooking, and some are digging the ground with branches to plant vegetables.

The beggars were shocked when they saw Lin Yuanqiu and the others coming, thinking that the government was coming to drive them away.

······!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30K 500 40
stranger things and it crossover/group chat
5.9K 94 11
https://m.shubaow.net/280/280147/ Author: Qingyunshang Category: Rebirth through time travel Release time: 2023-03-29 Latest: Chapter 110 is over Thr...
158K 33.9K 7
Everything changed the day the King ordered me to seduce his son and bring him back to the Kingdom. He was my best friend. As per the order of things...
19.6K 301 12
Chu Qiyu traveled to the interstellar era and became a famous trash who had just been kicked out of a top family. There is a barren star under her na...