Forever Luna

By XDeafening_SilenceX

Being new parents is hard enough, but parents to Lycan twins while recovering from several plots against thei... More

Season List for Lost Luna
Protective
Mirror
Beta
Nervous
Intriguing
Envy
Expand
Fog
Exhaustion
Documents
Date
Stay
Yearning
Cautious
Craving
Softness
Debrief
Kiss
Secretive
Clover
Sentiment
Summoned
Concerted
Tornado
Odd
Hangover
Severity
Apprehension
Jack-In-The-Box
Possession
Calm
Game
Taxing
More
Forthcoming
Trepidation
Compassion
Tryst
Flawless
Imperfect
Acceptance
Adventure
Lessons
Gossip
Playful
Provocative
Disturbance
Interfere
Scrutinise
Suggestion
Recognisable
Magic
Unspoken
Details
Outsider
Parvenu
Enquiries
Convalesce
Pessimistic
Drive
Resentment
Security
Adrenaline
Instinctive
Respect
Affliction
Perceive
Transcendent
Revival
Mollify
Treachery
Fallouts
Exasperated
Inspection
Analysis
Embrace
Repudiation
Mistake
Regime
Assiduous
Fever
Pursuit
Tipple
Affect
Chapter 86 [Read it on June 19]
Chapter 87 [Read it on June 21]
Chapter 88 [Read it on June 26]

Coquetry

1.7K 92 6
By XDeafening_SilenceX

noun ~ flirtatious behaviour or a flirtatious manner

POLLUX

Uptown was a decent-looking shop, with prices expensive enough to ward away any stragglers. A person greeted me warmly as I entered, and I embraced the cool air of the conditioner.

"Anything I can help you with today?"

This human was also female, with similar hair and complexion as Helena. As my eyes studied her, her aura told me she was amused.

"I'm guessing you recognise me?"

"I'm sorry for staring." I apologised, a hand to my chest.

Her heart fluttered in her chest, and she laughed softly. "It's okay. Do you recognise me?"

I studied her some more, taking in the replica features. The only difference was Helena's eyes were green-hazel and this human, Harriet's, eyes were blue.

"Helena sent me..." I mumbled. "Do you..."

Harriet rolled her eyes. "That's my sister."

"Makes sense." I hummed.

Helena sent me here because she thought they were my style, but going by the nervous excitement of the Harriet, I realised it was a double meaning.

"Always sending me the handsome ones." Harriet tried.

Another thing about cities; flirting was way more obvious. I was a naturally flirty person, but Clover had crept into my mind and now everything felt dull.

The human reactions to a wolf were nothing new; they tended to be drawn to us. Most looked at us with curiosity, but to get a reaction that was anything more, was usually because they recognised it. You could be interested but not react, or you could be interested and therefore become curious. It seems Helena was trying to set her sister up because Harriet's reaction was anything but nonchalant.

Politely smiling, I shook my head. "Sorry, I'm just here for clothes."

Her face fell slightly, but it didn't deter her. "What kind?"

"An outfit. A polo, perhaps some shorts."

It was warm, so some shorts would do.

"A polo will do you no good in this weather. It gets hot in the city."

"I won't be staying long." I shook my head.

She glanced at me from over her shoulder. "Oh? Just down for the week?"

"Weekend, you could say."

"How come?" Harriet wondered.

Humans. So nosey.

"Just because." I shrugged.

She smirked. "So, you travel a lot?"

"I do."

"That's a shame." She hummed, pulling out a dark blue t-shirt. "How's this? Will look good with your complexion."

"That's great." I agreed. "Black shorts will do."

Harriet nodded, moving to the cargos. She chose some black ones in my size before leading me over to the register.

"Anything else? We have a two for one on underwear." She cocked her head.

I followed her hand to find her pointing to a tray full of black and grey boxers. I shrugged, nodding as she grabbed a pair each and scanned them through.

"Shoes?"

"No, I'm good for shoes." I frowned. "Socks?"

"Behind you."

I turned, looking around before spotting another tray full of them. Grabbing a twin pack, I placed them on the counter before seeing some sunglasses. They were perfect; my eyes always stung in the bright sun. Living in the forest, you didn't have to worry so much because the trees covered you.

"You sure you want to wear boots with shorts? In this heat?" She cocked her head. "I don't see it matching."

It didn't have to match, but as I envisioned the outfit, I realised she was perhaps right. It would be odd.

"What do you have?" I mumbled.

"Who are you wearing?"

I drawled off the brand, and her eyes widened.

"Expensive taste."

Little did she know they were free. All it cost me was a lesson of advice.

I chose some Converse, plain and simple. My eyes softened as she placed them in a paper bag, reminiscing my talking Converse of the past. I wondered if they were still in the tree.

"Will you be..."

My eyes raised, locking onto Harriet as she suddenly became nervous.

"Huh?"

"Will you be going out to eat tonight? Perhaps meeting with your girlfriend?"

I knew what she was playing at her, and I think she realised that because she blushed.

"I don't have one of those." I told her.

"Oh? Do you perhaps want to grab something? I finish in an hour."

I studied Harriet. She was nice, and bold too, but my heart just wasn't in it.

"I'm just going to shower and eat in my room because I have a big day tomorrow." I smiled softly at her.

Her face fell. "Oh, okay. I'm sorry."

Automatically feeling bad, I reached over and placed my hand on her forearm. Her embarrassment hit me stronger, and I had a hard time wincing through it.

"It's not you. You seem great. Perhaps next time I am in the city." I reassured her.

"Can I give you my number?" She squeaked.

Laughing softly, I took out my phone and opened it up.

She quirked an eyebrow. "You're just giving me your whole phone?"

"Yeah?" I cocked my head. "To put your number in."

She frowned but typed it into my contacts, anyway. I noticed she hesitated in giving it back, and when she did, she cleared her throat.

"Not a lot of contacts on there." She stated.

"Not a lot of friends." I shrugged. "I travel a lot."

"Not a lot of girlfriends, then?"

I smirked, knowing she saw the hour-long calls with Nova. "None. Just my sister and brothers."

Her face fell with embarrassment again. "Ugh, I'm sorry. I don't-we don't even know each other."

Another thing; human emotions often went haywire when assaulted with so much confusion.

"It's okay." I laughed softly.

"Let me ring you up." She muttered, typing on the till. "Two-hundred sixty-three."

I flashed my bank card, placing it into the card reader and paying.

"I'm sorry for being so bold. You obviously have the money to get the latest phone, nice clothes and a five-star hotel room. I shouldn't even be wasting your time." She gushed.

"Nonsense. Money is just paper. It's nice to speak to someone honest." I told her.

She blushed, passing me my clothes. "Nice to meet you, Pollux."

"Another time." I told her, smiling.

She nodded, dipping her chin as I turned and left the shop. Once outside, I sighed as the blaring, beeping traffic rained down on my senses. Turning a blind eye to the noise, I walked back to the hotel. Helena was waiting, a knowing smirk on her face as I headed toward the elevator.

My room was on the fifth floor, and upon entering it, the first thing I found was a floor length window. My eyebrows raised at the view of the city, dropping my newest clothes to the ground as the door clicked shut behind me.

The sun was setting in the distance. It looked magnificent; Nova would adore it. The height difference from here to the ground allowed me to look over so many buildings and streets. The hustle of people didn't quieten despite the growing darkness; everyone had somewhere to be, it seemed.

I hummed softly, slightly impressed by the view. I bet it looked good at night, too.

With that thought in mind, I locked the front door and observed the rest of the room. The walls were white except for one that was half dark blue along the bottom and white on the top. The bed was enormous, with a matching dark blue duvet and white sheets. There were reading lights fitted into the headboard and two bedside tables.

I tried to stay in a hotel once a week, or at least once a fortnight, just for the weekend. It kept me sane to be in civilisation. I would shower, eat hot food and rest in a comfortable bed before going on my travels after a good rest.

So, step one; shower before step two; dress. Step three; eat and watch tv. Step four; phone call before finally, step five; sleep.

Showering came with great bliss. The bathroom was modern and clean. The showerhead was wide, and I chose the setting that would nearly rip my skin off. Using the tiny toiletries they provided, I dried off with a towel before slipping into a robe and searching for a toothbrush. There wasn't one, so I knew I'd have to wait until tomorrow when I retrieve my backpack. That, or ask Helena, and I did not fancy that right now.

Lounging in just my towelled robe, I scanned through the room service menu. Deciding on a pasta dish, my lips curled into a smile as it reminded me of Nova. She loved her mum's carbonara recipe, so I would see if this five-star hotel could beat it whilst on face time to her.

Oh yes, we now had to FaceTime. She insisted on making sure I still had both ears every week. I had joked, telling her I technically only had one and a half, but she scowled at me.

Dialling up room service, I ordered the pasta and pre-ordered my breakfast too, deciding to start the day right tomorrow. Then, I kicked back on the pillows until I found something vaguely interesting on the television. I didn't want to look boring when they brought up the food, despite how much I did not like television. When you grew up without one, the novelty kind of wore off. I couldn't get into it much.

Fifteen minutes later, a knock on the door surprised me. It was room service, and the guy nodded as he waited at the door. I waved my hand at him, taking the bowl and side plate from his tray. He bowed his head before turning and leaving, and I shut the door quietly behind him.

I had a kettle in here, I would just have tea. I really fancied a cosy cuppa.

Revealing the dish beneath the silver lid, my eyes widened at the appearance. I didn't realise carbonara could be so... small. Good job I got the garlic bread on the side.

Poking at the dish with my fork, I brought it to my nose. It smelt good, and upon tasting it, I realised it tasted good too. It made me want to travel to Italy myself and see what real Italian food was like. Perhaps that could be one of my next adventures after I explored this continent.

Lazily picking up my phone, I video called Phoenix. There was no point ringing Nova. She was always busy or away with the birds.

On the sixth ring, the phone connected. At first it was a ceiling, before dark curls came into view. Quickly it panned down and hazel eyes peered at me through the screen. Phoenix was lazily chewing something, his jaw stubbled and beard scraggly.

"When was the last time you shaved?" I wondered.

He rolled his eyes, the phone rather close to his face. "When was the last time you shaved?"

"I do not grow facial hair, so your question does not count." I quirked an eyebrow.

His chuckle vibrated the speaker of the phone. "I assume you are in a hotel safe."

"I am." I nodded, setting the phone up against a mound in the duvet.

Phoenix's eyes looked behind me, raking over the dark blue interior that was revealed to him. His lips pursed, before he continued to chew another forkful of what looked like pulled meat. They must be having fajitas or something; Phoenix always had extra pulled chicken.

"Looks expensive." He mused. "Five stars?"

"It's the first time in a fortnight." I shrugged. "I figured I may as well combine two weeks of a hotel into one."

He laughed. "You got food?"

"Yes." I rolled my eyes. "It's carbonara."

"Did someone say carbonara?" Nova spluttered.

Phoenix grunted. "Brace yourself."

The camera moved, panning backward until I saw Nova hurtling toward the dining table. She had been in the kitchen, the room light low with the curtains drawn.

"Kids in bed?" I had wondered, but the phone seemed to fall.

There was a scuffling noise as the screen shook and turned, before my sister's face came into view. She tutted, appearing upside down before flipping it over and narrowing her eyes down at me. I could see up her nostrils.

"Uh, Nova..."

"Did you say you had carbonara?" She wondered.

"I do." I chuckled. "With garlic bread."

"Let me see!" she urged.

And that is where my night began. Trying to convince Nova that this carbonara was on par with her mother's. It lost points because of its quantity, but it was a pleasant relief to talk so casually and openly with someone. I found it hard restricting myself around strangers a lot, and my gift yearned to understand them all. Through the phone, there was none of that, and the comfort of my sister was welcoming.

****
QOTD:
Do you have a favourite cartoon character?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.7M 678K 109
Once a forgotten Omega, now the next Luna of the Blood Moon pack-Nova must uncover the secrets of her heritage while unraveling the reason her new Al...
Hidden By Soph

Werewolf

894 57 12
[DISCONTINUED] **MATURE LANGUAGE AND CONTENT** **POSSIBLE TRIGGERS** WATTYS2018 I walk down the staircase, entranced with his sharp, angular feature...
65.4K 637 12
Suddenly, I feel a hand that intertwines mine. The touch is warm but still not enough to comfort me after the news I've just got. I feel someone is...
Two Worlds By

Werewolf

40.1K 1.4K 35
In a world where the supernatural live separate from the humans, some live with us but they mostly live in their own worlds. The Royals had a devasta...