Forgotten Juliet / 잊혀진 줄리엣

By mango887799

"Your Grace, there's something I'd really like for my birthday." "What is it?" "Will you promise to listen?" ... More

CHAPTER 1 Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
CHAPTER 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120

Chapter 103

403 16 0
By mango887799

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 103

Lennox laughed a little in disbelief.

‘You’re like a cunning old woman.’

He was at a concert hosted by Madam Ilena.

Most of the people, including the orchestra, were gathered on the floor below the hall.

Madam Ilena, being busy, reluctantly held him back as he mentioned he would be leaving the south tonight.

‘You must listen as I’ve brought a good performer,’ she persistently recommended.

Even if he didn’t want to be noticed, she suggested that he could quietly come and listen from the opened second floor.

Duke Carlyle had no interest in music or art.

However, he thought it wouldn’t be a bad idea to check on Juliet before leaving.

But not long after the performance began, Lennox realized that tonight’s event was not a mere music appreciation.

It was a stage set by Madam.

Madam Ilena sneaked a glance at the railing where he was leaning and spoke to Juliet standing next to her.

“Come here, Juliet. There are many gentlemen I’d like to introduce you to.”

Then she led Juliet through the crowd.

Though it was supposed to be a concert, the actual performance took a backseat, and she was busy introducing Juliet everywhere.

Whether it was because of the change in place or the people she met, Juliet looked more relaxed than usual.

Wearing a vibrant halter-neck dress that exposed her back and draped with a shawl, Juliet was more than enough to draw attention.

She smiled brightly and graciously accepted greetings from eager gentlemen approaching her.

“You’re as dazzlingly beautiful as I’ve heard.”

“I didn’t know Madam Ilena would introduce someone like you.”

From afar, Lennox, watching this friendly scene, felt a tinge of jealousy.

Thinking about it, Juliet had always been the type to easily charm strangers.

If not for being the subject of the Duke of Carlyle, Juliet would have lived in a much brighter and warmer world.

“This young lady is about the age of my granddaughter. You know, from the house of Count Monad…”

“Yes, a very noble family.”

“Yes, she should find her match soon.”

Watching Juliet surrounded by people, Madam Ilena proudly boasted to those around her.

Then, she sneakily glanced at the second floor where the Duke was standing.

Seeing the obvious intentions of the cunning old lady, Lennox was taken aback. It was so blatant that it was almost laughable.

Lennox barely resisted the urge to pluck out the eyes of those ogling Juliet.

It would do no good if Juliet realized he was here.

Lennox wasn’t idle enough to fall for such provocations.

His intention was to drop Juliet off in the south, briefly check on her well-being, watch a bit, then leave.

“Ahem.”

However, the next moment, he couldn’t laugh.

One of the gentlemen surrounding Juliet pretended to reach for a champagne glass but slyly touched her exposed back.

Juliet’s previously radiant face instantly hardened.

Confusion flashed across her face.

She was surrounded by kind people. And in a place where the lady was watching closely, such a thing happened.

Before Juliet could turn to identify the impudent face, the music suddenly stopped.

Bang!

“Ah!”

The confused guests found Viscount Fusilli sprawled on the hall floor. And an unfamiliar man who had intervened.

“What is this madness! Do you know who I am…?”

Lying on the ground, Viscount Fusilli struggled to get up.

“Ah! Call a doctor! My ribs…”

He groaned, clutching his side.

However, the guests were no longer interested in the Viscount.

“Duke Carlyle…?”

“Wha-what?”

“Oh, the Duke!”

The most flustered was Madam Ilena.

“What is this madness!”

Madam Ilena was the only one in the room who knew of his presence beforehand. But she hadn’t anticipated that the Duke would suddenly draw his sword and threaten one of her guests.

“You have poor judgment, Madam.”

The Duke glared menacingly at her.

“He isn’t human just because he walks on two feet.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’m saying I’ll cut that bastard’s throat.”

Eek!

Visount Fusilli was startled.

“Viscount! At least explain what’s happening!”

“Did the Viscount offend you in any way?”

Lennox didn’t respond.

The one who answered was Juliet, standing next to him.

“It was me who was offended, Madam.”

“Juliet?”

“Keep quiet.”

Lennox pulled her behind him. But Juliet ignored him and spoke to Madam Ilena.

“Just now… that… man touched my back. It was no accident.”

The crowd was abuzz.

The attention shifted to Visount Fusilli.

“Visount Fusilli! Is this true?”

“It’s not like that…”

Lennox was growing impatient.

He didn’t want the situation to devolve into the crowd gawking at Juliet.

Visount Fusilli started to babble.

“Ha! It’s the dress you’re wearing that’s the problem! You’re exposing your back; of course someone might accidentally touch it!”

The crowd murmured again.

Visount Fusilli seemed to have decided to argue that it was a mistake.

Lennox had no interest in listening to this nonsense any further. He didn’t think he needed to apologize to Madam Ilena either.

“So?”

However, Juliet, who had been silent behind him, pushed Lennox aside and stepped forward.

“So, it’s my fault for wearing this dress?”

“…Exactly! Madam Ilena, look! You always say that a lady should dress modestly!”

At this, Madam Ilena hesitated.

The conservative Madam had always warned her granddaughters against wearing revealing dresses.

Indeed, she hadn’t been too pleased with Juliet’s dress that evening.

“Well…”

But Juliet continued, unfazed.

“So, if I were dressed ‘modestly’, this wouldn’t have happened? Is that what you’re saying?”

“Well, of course…”

“No!”

At that moment, Emma, who had been silent in the crowd, rushed forward.

“Grandmother, I experienced it too! Visount Fusilli has been touching the guests all evening!”

Emma shouted with anger.

Madam Ilena was taken aback.

“Emma, is this true?”

“Yes! And Countess Monad is right!”

Emma asserted confidently.

“I changed my dress just as you ordered!”

Emma had to switch to a modest dove-colored dress that covered up to her neck, due to the Madam’s strict instructions.

“…I saw it too.”

“And come to think of it, the maids the Viscount dismissed recently…”

The crowd began to share their own stories and observations. The banquet hall turned into a heated debate.

“This is a conspiracy, My Lady!”

“Oh my…”

The Madam held her head as if she had a headache.

“Grandmother!”

The crowd was agitated.

Feeling like an exhibit on a stage, Lennox was getting irritated.

He wasn’t interested in resolving the quarrel in detail.

All he wanted was to deal with that bastard.

“Your Highness.”

However, as if reading his intentions, Juliet from behind grabbed his hand.

Taking advantage of his momentary hesitation, Juliet pulled on his arm.

“Follow me.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Transmigration By JP

Historical Fiction

8.1K 221 6
It all started from a mysterious book that fortolds different stories depending on who got to see it. An adventure full of questions and new experi...
3.1M 197K 89
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
659K 68.2K 26
في وسط دهليز معتم يولد شخصًا قاتم قوي جبارً بارد يوجد بداخل قلبهُ شرارةًُ مُنيرة هل ستصبح الشرارة نارًا تحرق الجميع أم ستبرد وتنطفئ ماذا لو تلون الأ...