Forgotten Juliet / 잊혀진 줄리엣

By mango887799

"Your Grace, there's something I'd really like for my birthday." "What is it?" "Will you promise to listen?" ... More

CHAPTER 1 Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
CHAPTER 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121

Chapter 84

556 22 0
By mango887799

Forgotten Juliete Chapter 84

Juliet was greatly taken aback.

“What did I say then?”

“Yes.”

Roy continued with a calm expression.

“Dahlia was supposed to appear as the saintess of Lucerne, but you wonder why she hasn’t shown up yet…”

Juliet bit her tongue. It felt like she was holding her breath.

“You said that.”

However, Roy’s words didn’t end there.

“And you cried and apologized to that man, Juliet.”

Roy smirked.

“You begged in his hands, saying you didn’t want to die again and to please not kill you.”

For a moment, Juliet felt the urge to run away.

Why did she say that?

Everything went dark before her eyes. Not only did she need to check Lennox’s condition immediately, but she also had another concern.

‘Could the disappearance of the butterfly be related to this?’

Soon, Juliet realized she was watching Roy’s reaction.

Of course, she wouldn’t blame anyone if they thought she was crazy.

However, it felt a bit hurtful thinking those transparent pumpkin-colored eyes looked cold at her.

She couldn’t even remember what she had said so far. After that, she even lost the butterflies.

“Pff.”

“…?”

Hearing a sound as if someone was holding back laughter, Juliet cautiously raised her head.

“Juliet.”

Roy, who was sitting on the opposite seat of the shaking carriage, leaned forward.

He rested his hand right next to where Juliet sat.

The carriage of the Count Monad’s house wasn’t very large, so with Roy doing so, it felt crowded.

“I told you. I don’t care who you are or what you say.”

“Roy. I… why did I say that…”

“I’d rather you didn’t answer.”

“Yes.”

Juliet nodded slightly.

“Okay. Let’s pretend I didn’t hear anything. Let’s just say I lost my mind for a moment.”

Roy smirked.

* * *

The sound of the carriage wheels rolling over the gravel rang out.

The residence of Duke Carlyle in the capital was eerily quiet. This was because the master of the mansion declined visitors due to health reasons.

So, the sudden appearance of a carriage drew unfavorable glances.

“What’s this? A visitor?”

“Do we have an appointment or not?”

Already filled with discontent due to the deteriorating condition of Lennox Carlyle over the past month, the Duke’s secretaries weren’t pleased.

“I’ll check.”

With a stern look, Elliot approached the carriage.

‘…Which family’s carriage is that?’

He felt the emblem was familiar, but for some reason, Elliot couldn’t recall it immediately.

While he pondered, the carriage door opened, and someone jumped out.

Jumping out without any attendants, and without even stepping on the footboard, the movement felt familiar.

The elegant attire mismatched with the familiar gesture…

Scratching the back of his head, Elliot froze as he recognized the face.

“Hello, Elliot. How have you been?”

A dress adorned with pearl buttons reaching up to the neck, black lace gloves, and familiar shoes.

The owner was…

“Miss Monad?”

Elliot doubted his eyes.

How long has it been?

It felt like years since he had seen Juliet Monad in this mansion.

Instead of heading straight into the mansion, Juliet who alighted from the carriage stood before Elliot.

“I…”

Seeing Juliet hesitate, uncharacteristically, Elliot quickly regained his composure.

Right now, she was a visitor, not a member of the Duke’s household.

“Ah! Come this way.”

He thought to chase away the unexpected visitor.

The chief secretary, who had been eager to leave, came back guiding a guest. The people who were watching from the entrance wore a puzzled expression.

“What’s going on?”

“Why did you bring her in?”

“You said you’d send her away!”

Their faces, previously curious like a group of meerkats, brightened upon recognizing the visitor.

“Miss Monad!”

She had disappeared a month ago, bringing them a hellish time, but her presence was now overwhelmingly welcome.

“Here, over here!”

As Juliet passed through the entrance, the staircase, and the hallway, more and more people began following her, using the excuse of guiding her. It was as if they didn’t know Juliet was more familiar with the Duke’s residence than anyone.

However, when Juliet arrived at Lennox’s bedroom door, they encountered an unexpected obstacle.

“I have something to tell His Highness.”

“He said not to let anyone in.”

A tall man silently approached and blocked Juliet’s path. It was Hadin, the Duke’s trusted aide.

“It’ll only take a moment.”

“No.”

Despite Juliet’s plea, Hadin remained unmoved.

“Just let me see his face. To see if he’s okay, at least…”

“No outsiders allowed.”

“Outsiders?!”

Elliot, standing behind Juliet, was silently shocked. His face reddened with frustration.

During Juliet’s month-long absence, the Duke’s secretaries, who had to endure all sorts of hardships, conveyed various threatening gestures towards Hadin as if to say, ‘Are you out of your mind?’

Yet, Hadin, standing in front of the door, didn’t budge.

That was his duty, after all.

Hadin stood there, unyielding, like a statue.

In front of him, Juliet’s tense shoulders drooped.

Seeing Juliet’s bowed head evoked sympathy from everyone present.

Except for Hadin, everyone worried she would just leave.

“Has he really lost his mind?”

Juliet glanced up and calmly asked:

“Is he… very unwell?”

At that, Hadin’s eyebrows twitched. An indescribable expression appeared on his stony face.

The shadowy knight escorting her glanced over the group and then stepped aside, allowing Juliet to pass.

“…You should see for yourself.”

* * *

The room was quite dark, perhaps because of the heavy curtains.

Juliet cautiously entered. The familiar layout of the room wasn’t a problem even in the dark.

Until she entered the room, her mind was in turmoil.

She worried about the conversation she had in Lucerne and how Lennox might have interpreted it.

However, upon seeing the man lying lengthwise on the couch, ignoring the perfectly good bed, her first emotion was relief.

She sighed deeply.

‘What on earth…’

What did this man think was the purpose of a bed?

Dressed as always, Lennox was quietly asleep. At a glance, he seemed uninjured, which relieved Juliet.

Due to the position of his head, even in the dim room, she could faintly see his face. The shadows deepened the contrasts, giving him a mysterious aura.

Juliet approached the couch, knelt beside it, and looked closely at his face.

From his defined jawline, prominent neck, and the revealed chest due to his opened shirt, his physique was not slender, but oddly seductive.

Juliet hesitated for a moment.

‘Even if he looks fine, there might be injuries somewhere on his body.’

But touching him felt like it might wake him up.

While pondering, Juliet noticed his slightly grown hair. The dark strands were spread across his forehead.

When he slept like this, he resembled a painting composed solely of black and white.

It wasn’t empty words when Juliet said she loved his face.

It was predestined.

From the moment she first saw him in a previous life, she was bound to love his face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
4.6M 166K 55
"Don't touch me when we're out in public." "Don't openly say that I am your wife." "Don't let people know that you and I live together." Alexander...