Forgotten Juliet / 잊혀진 줄리엣

By mango887799

"Your Grace, there's something I'd really like for my birthday." "What is it?" "Will you promise to listen?" ... More

CHAPTER 1 Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
CHAPTER 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121

Chapter 81

576 19 0
By mango887799

Forgotten Juliete Chapter 81

Kiaaaaaa!

The pure white goddess that appeared in the sky let out a horrific scream.

"Ugh!"

"Gasp!"

People, unable to even scream, covered their ears and rolled on the ground in agony.

The scream was so harrowing and painful that it felt like the sound of hell.

The only ones who seemed unaffected were the priests standing near the altar.

And similarly, Juliet, who had been leaning weakly on the steps of the round altar.

Although she felt nauseous and dizzy, she didn't collapse upon hearing that sound.

Juliet took deep breaths and looked around.

Seeing that only the priests stood unaffected, it seemed those with divine power were alright.

'Is it because of the Soulstone?'

Juliet glanced at the Soulstone clenched in her hand.

The purple Soulstone of Genovia.

As long as she had this, she now possessed divine power, making her resilient against the appearance of the goddess.

But is that...

Really a god...?

It seemed more like...

Some creature closer to a demon.

Juliet clutched the Soulstone and looked up.

Kiaaaaaa!

The massive figure casting a shadow over all of Lucerne was beautiful, but it was tightly bound in chains.

"Bring the Pope inside!"

Archbishop Solon exclaimed in panic.

Priests began to hurriedly drag the unconscious body of Sebastian.

"Wait a minute! Archbishop Solon!"

Archbishop Gilliam grabbed Archbishop Solon's sleeve.

"Look at that!"

Archbishop Gilliam pointed exactly where Juliet had appeared with Sebastian, right in the middle of the altar.

"That person is...."

"Lady Hilde?"

"Her Holiness Hildegard?"

"It's Her Holiness Hildegard!"

"That's impossible!"

Two Popes in one place.

It was a series of chaotic situations.

"How could that be possible! Her Holiness Hildegard passed away 3 years ago!"

Archbishop Solon shouted as if he was lamenting.

"But that's unmistakably Hildegard!"

Archbishop Gilliam made up his mind and jumped down into the middle of the altar.

"Your Holiness Hildegard!"

Archbishop Solon watched anxiously.

He murmured to himself.

"Hildegard was alive? Wasn't she killed by Sebastian?"

'She succeeded,' Juliet thought blankly.

Juliet had prepared for the possibility of her own failure.

She had freed Hildegard, who had been imprisoned underground, and urged her to escape if Juliet failed.

According to Hildegard, once Juliet succeeded in escaping, the coordinates would be left behind, and Hildegard could follow and escape on her own.

Juliet, who had never used divine power, didn't understand the exact principle, but Hildegard was a former Pope and possessed significant divine power.

* * *

"Archbishop!"

"What should we do?!"

Priests following Archbishop Solon shouted.

"Damn it..."

Solon, thrust into the role of the responsible party, looked around from the altar.

He saw Archbishop Gilliam and his priests rescuing the former Pope Hildegard and hastily leaving.

On the other hand, the citizens gathered to watch were rolling on the ground in pain.

'To send back that goddess, we need the power of the Pope.'

But the current Pope, Sebastian, was unconscious.

Solon, who had climbed here just on intuition, quickly devised a plan.

Things were not looking good.

With Hildegard's return, Sebastian's misdeeds would surely be exposed once the situation was sorted.

If that happened, Solon might be executed as a scapegoat.

He needed a sacrificial lamb to divert the public's attention and cover up Sebastian's sins.

And right in front of Archbishop Solon stood the perfect witch for the role.

"The goddess is angry!"

What?

Juliet, who had fallen to the ground, barely lifted her head.

"She tried to kill the Pope!"

"It's because of this woman that the goddess is angry!"

Archbishop Solon not only pointed at Juliet, but he also ran up the stairs and grabbed Juliet by the collar, dragging her away.

"Blasphemy! God is angry with the blasphemy!"

Ah, damn.

Juliet, who didn't even have the energy to resist, was swayed back and forth by Archbishop Solon's push.

Then.

"Blasphemy! This woman is trying to..."

Bang!

"What, what?"

Once more.

Bang! Bang!

Archbishop Solon staggered, letting go of Juliet due to the vibration that resonated throughout the terrarium.

The priests looked around, unsure of where the noise was coming from.

Then,

"Run away!"

"Get out of the way!"

Screech. Boom!

On the other side of the altar, a pillar that had been supporting the building collapsed onto the altar.

Like a bridge.

Through the thick dust and beyond the floating mist, the silhouette of a man arrogantly standing on the pillar was visible.

"Get your hands off her."

It was Duke Carlyle.

* * *

"Wha... What...?!"

Such a monster! Knocking down a pillar.

Archbishop Solon paled.

Alternating his gaze between the fallen woman in front of him and the approaching Duke Carlyle, who was using the fallen pillar as a bridge, Solon had an intuition.

'I am already a dead man.'

If he was going to die anyway, he might as well fight back.

Archbishop Solon quickly took Juliet hostage and retreated, ordering the priests,

"Form, form the defense!"

"Set up the defense!"

"Prepare for the impact!"

The priests of Lucerne quickly spread their defensive barriers from their positions.

The unique azure glows of the clerics sparkled here and there.

Then, Lennox Carlyle, who had been slowly walking down, paused for a moment.

"...?"

What are they doing? The priests looked at him with confusion when suddenly,

Boom!

"No, no way!"

"How, how did...?!"

"Cough!"

Suddenly, several high-ranking priests coughed up blood and collapsed.

Juliet knew without seeing. It was a familiar sight.

When the magic barrier was broken, the backlash returned to the priests who had cast the curse.

Even though everyone here was among the elite clergy renowned for their divine power.

Boom! Boom! Boom!

Amidst the loud explosions and the breaking of Lucerne's ninety-eight barriers one after the other, the only injury he received was a sharp fragment grazing his cheek.

Blood oozed from the scratch, but with everything exploding around him, it seemed almost trivial.

He looked unscathed.

"Juliet."

Contrary to the chaotic surroundings, his voice calling her name was more than calm; it was serene.

"Come here."

Looking at his outstretched hand, Juliet hesitated for a moment.

Should she take this hand?

'If I take his hand, then I, Lennox...'

But her hesitation was short-lived.

"..."

Juliet, who had grabbed his hand and stepped onto the bridge, staggered a bit to find her balance. However, his large and firm hand quickly and firmly gripped her waist.

"Duke!"

The trembling priests behind shouted out.

"How dare you... You won't get away with this!"

Contrary to their shout, as Duke Carlyle's indifferent gaze met theirs, they recoiled in fear.

Lennox, looking down at the scene with contempt, said:

"Step down."

Juliet, trying to balance herself, slowly crossed the bridge.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 134 25
(The World Without My Sister Who Everyone Loved) This is not my story, so please refrain from voting to avoid deletion of the story... Description "I...
2.2M 127K 101
Hyejin gets sucked into her own book she has written. There she became the villainess of her book who is destined to die in the hands of her own excl...
157K 4.2K 35
Camila who died at the age of 18 got reincarnated as the evil stepsister in which she torments the heroine in the story but after remembering her tra...