Forgotten Juliet / 잊혀진 줄리엣

By mango887799

"Your Grace, there's something I'd really like for my birthday." "What is it?" "Will you promise to listen?" ... More

CHAPTER 1 Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
CHAPTER 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121

Chapter 43

824 29 0
By mango887799

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 43

Juliet’s eyes widened.

“Oh, elder.”

Zachary didn’t know what to do, he was flustered. Juliet was equally flustered.

‘I helped him!’

Repaying kindness with enmity.

Juliet began to resent the nameless old man.

“Give this back.”

“…Huh?”

For some reason, the old man with a complicated expression handed something to Zachary, as if he was disarming in a demilitarized zone, with a cautious touch.

Zachary looked perplexed, but he followed the instructions and passed the item to Juliet.

Juliet opened her eyes wide and exclaimed without realizing it.

“My glove!”

The object in his hand was familiar.

‘And that’s my hairpin, right?’

These were clearly the items she had lost two days ago.

She had turned her bed upside down twice to find them!

She was momentarily happy to find the items she thought she had undoubtedly lost.

Juliet glared at the old man with narrow eyes.

“Oh, okay. I’m getting goosebumps now.”

Juliet was angry.

Anyone in this situation would have been.

She thought it was a gentle rural village, but it turned out to be a suspicious village beyond belief.

The villagers, as one, tried to stop her from going out, conspired to not give her a job. And…

…She didn’t know why they took it, or what they intended to do with it, but they even stole her stuff and used it for their play.

Just as Juliet was about to ask, the old man with red hair, who had been watching her, preempted her.

“My name is Lionel Lebatan.”

Even for Juliet, there was no way she would respond with ‘Oh, I see. I’m Juliet Monad. Countess Monad.’

However, the other party didn’t seem to be joking.

If it was true, she was meeting one of the most famous figures of the last half-century.

“…So?”

Juliet asked, trying her best not to show her agitation.

The old man who introduced himself as Lionel Lebatan looked down at Juliet for a while without a word.

“The name ‘Lebatan’ means morning star.”

I know.

Juliet crossed her arms with a somewhat stubborn attitude.

Because it was drawn on the banner of the Ash Mercenary Group that Lionel led when he was young.

Juliet had seen that banner too. A flag embroidered with gold thread on a navy blue fabric, almost black.

“And ‘Seneca’ means Venus in ancient language.”

Juliet’s eyes widened.

‘…Really?’

As Juliet still looked doubtful, Lionel Lebatan took out a worn-out purple cloth and showed it to her.

To Juliet’s eyes, it looked like a baby’s swaddle.

It was embroidered with lilies and roses, and golden stars, and the name written below was…

Lillian Rose Seneca-Lebatan.

When Juliet, as if she were mesmerized, looked up, her eyes met with Lionel Lebatan who let out a quiet sigh.

“Yes. So, you are Lilli’s daughter.”

* * *

The grandly named Red King, Lionel Lebatan, settled in the crime city of Carcassonne about half a century ago.

People wondered why he had suddenly disappeared, leaving behind his fame.

Some said he was killed, and others said he was terrified and hid forever because of a death sentence in a court martial.

Or, they speculated that he had become weary of all the commotion and renounced the world.

But they were all wrong.

The reason Lionel Lebatan settled in Carcassonne was because of the will left by his deceased wife.

Beside the sorrowful Lionel were three sons and a tiny baby who had just been born without even having reached a full month.

And the moment he held the small baby in his arms, Lionel decided to give his youngest daughter, who came to him in his twilight years, everything precious in the world.

Lillian Rose Seneca-Lebant.

Lionel pondered on the most suitable name for his youngest daughter, who he loved so much that he couldn’t bear to see her hurt.

After much thought, instead of the rustic sound of ‘Lebatan’, he gave his daughter the name of the blessed ancient gods.

Lillian Rose Seneca-Lebatan.

Lillian, who grew up bright and healthy within sturdy fences, was a daughter who greatly resembled her mother.

She was gentle and vivacious.

There was no stopping Lillian from falling in love with a young officer.

And it was not just any officer, but a noble of the Empire.

The fact that Lillian had fallen in love with a young officer from a distinguished family of the Empire was inevitable.

Lionel agonized, but he knew that this day would come.

So the decision was quick.

Lionel chose to quietly step back from his only daughter’s life.

Despite the long time he had been in hiding, he was no more than a convict who would be arrested and sent to the gallows the moment he stepped into the imperial territory.

So, Lionel implored his daughter to forget the name he had given her and live with a new one forever.

He thought that was the last thing he could do for her.

May she live a normal and happy life in a broader and safer world.

* * *

The fireplace was ablaze.

When the short yet long story ended, Juliet sat quietly on the rug in front of the fireplace, watching the flames.

“I’m sorry for surprising you.”

Lionel was sitting quietly in the armchair right next to her.

Juliet blinked slowly. This story was a domain she knew nothing about.

She had no such memory in her past life as she remembered it. If things had stayed the same, Juliet Monad would have lived without ever stepping out of the system and would have died.

However, she wasn’t surprised or shocked. She had been somewhat prepared since she left the house clutching her mother’s heirloom pearl necklace.

But she needed time to sort out her thoughts, so Juliet threw out disorganized questions that came to mind.

“What about the villagers? Did grandfather ask them?”

Grandfather. Lionel answered with a slight smile at this odd feeling.

“No, they all volunteered to help when I said you might be my granddaughter.”

So that’s what it was.

Only then did Juliet understand the overly friendly attitude of the villagers.

“So, the gloves and hairpin were for confirmation.”

At Juliet’s words, Lionel’s face showed a slightly awkward expression.

“That’s right.”

He couldn’t bring himself to say don’t be too upset.

Because he was the one who told Mrs. Ronda that Juliet’s personal belongings that she had on her body were needed.

There were many magical tools in the east, and among them were ones that could confirm a blood relationship with just personal belongings.

But surprisingly, Juliet nodded calmly.

“I see. I understand.”

Lionel looked apologetic.

“I wanted to tell you at a better time.”

“It’s okay.”

“But immediately after I heard your story, all the idiots arrived in Lobell.”

Lionel, who had moved his steps towards the door, opened the door with a laugh.

Thud!

“Ouch!”

At the loud noise, Juliet was startled and looked outside the door.

Three men were tangled and fallen over.

It looked like they were trying to eavesdrop on the conversation in the room, but when the door suddenly opened without warning, they were surprised and fell.

Despite the spacious mansion hallway, with three sturdy middle-aged men with good physique tumbling around, the hallway seemed cramped.

“Ah… Hello. Juliet.”

“Ahem”

“Nice to meet you. I’m your, ahem, big uncle.”

In the end, Juliet burst out laughing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 127K 101
Hyejin gets sucked into her own book she has written. There she became the villainess of her book who is destined to die in the hands of her own excl...
1.5M 130K 45
✫ 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐆𝐞𝐧'𝐬 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐚 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎ She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful...
4.5M 284K 105
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
2.7M 156K 49
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...