The Unnamed Queen of Prophecy

By Wise_Cloud

Teiko Middle School. One of the most prestigious middle schools people in Japan can attend. Their basketball... More

-★ Season 1 ★-
The Start of a New Chapter
I Am Serious
It's Better if I Can't Win
Take Care of the Counter Attack!
Your Basketball
Let Me Tell You Two Things
You'll See Something Amazing
Now That I think About It
To Win
I can't Have that
It's Not Like That
What Is "Victory"?
I Believed In You
You Look Just Like Him
You Look Just Like Him - Part 2
The Queen & Ace
Don't Make Me Laugh
Let's Go
You're All Ridiculous
You're All Ridiculous Part 2
NO!
On To The Next Challenge
I Don't Want To Be
Let's Get Started
I'll Win Even If it Kills Me
Kuroko's Basketball: Tip Off
Kuroko's Basketball: Tip Off (Part 2)
I'm not Mature!
Our Basketball
-★ Season 2 ★-
I never Thought We'd Meet Here
At the Winter Cup
Start!!!
There is Only One Answer
I've Been Waiting For This
I Surpassed You Long Ago
Give Up
I Will Defeat You!!
I Will Defeat You!! (Part 2)
It's Trust
Don't Be Ridiculous
I look Forward To It
Definitely This Time
Definitely This Time (Part 2)
Useless Effort
I Think He's Extremely Happy
We Win Now!
"Would You Mind Doing That Once More?"
"Would You Mind Doing That Once More?" Part 2
I Believe in Him
Tell Me
Of Course It's Not Easy
First Basket
It's Obvious
I Don't Want to Lose
Enough
WIN!

Like I'd lose

235 11 21
By Wise_Cloud

It was the last quarter, and Seirin had only a few minutes to spare to try and win against Tōō.

Kagami had the ball as Aomine was marking him. The two were going at each other at an unmatched pace the other players couldn't match.

Kagami tried to a gore but Aomine was quick to block his shot. In a surprise, Sakurai caught the ball.

In a daze by seeing the two players in the Zone got Hyuga distracted before he could black Sakurai's pass to Aomine.

"They're evenly matched...!" You said in surprise to see Kagami almost completely block Aomine's shot. The ball went flying towards some cameramen.

"Out of bounds! Black ball!"

"No one's scared for almost a minute," Koganei pointed out, looking at the score.

"He's having fun..." you mumbled.

Riko and the others weren't sure what you meant.

'Aomine is smiling...His old self...' A small smile appeared on your face once knowing your past friend was still there.

Kuroko looked in shock to see Aomine's expression before the players saw Kagami get past Aomine while they were in the Zone.

"He passed him!" Furihata cheered, and he and the other benched players stood up.

Seirin - 95

Tōō - 98

Only 40 seconds left until the game is over.

The two aces were at it again. Aomine went to get past Kagami but the redhead was faster. Seeing this surprised Tōō, seeing their ace not able to break free from Seirin's ace.

'Aomine must be at his limit...the recoil of the Zone is significant. Since he was in the zone long before Kagami, of course, he's the first to feel the backlash of the Zone early.' You thought, before seeing the two aces in front of each other.

Aomine took a step back to do his formless shot. Kagami went to stop it. The two yelled out as they used all of their strength to push past their fatigue.

For all the guys,

I will win!

Kagami blocked Aomine's shot completely for the first time in the whole game. Seeing the scene unfold before you made you stand up in shock.

Hyuga and the others took this chance to make a comeback. Hyuga made a basket, making Seirin one point behind Tōō.

"Yeah!" Seirin cheered for scoring another point.

"We're one point behind!" Koganei said, being nervous for the team.

Furihata held his head, "But there are only 30 seconds left."

"We can do it! I know we can!" Tsuchida assured.

Harasawa walked up to get a timeout, "Excuse me. I'd like to call a timeout."

"Are you okay, Aomine?" A player from Tōō reached help Aomine.

But the Ace slapped his hand away, "Don't touch me. I just tripped. Don't get in my way. This is the best part."

Aomine stood up, "Things are just getting hyped up."

"I'm sorry. We don't need a timeout after all." Harasawa apologized, saying his team didn't need a timeout anymore.

"Come on! Let's stop them, even if it kills us!" Hyuga yelled, the team giving it their all when it comes to defence.

"Defence! Defence! Defence!" Seirin yelled.

"But Aomine is still the strongest!" Imayoshi smirked before passing to their ace.

Kagami and Aomine were doing a stare-off. Kagami was now able to stop Aomine from doing any plays.

At the corner of the court, Aomine spun his body to shoot the ball into the basket.

"I won't lose. A battle's no fun if you don't win," Aomine stated.

'I honestly am not surprised...But to see such movement in real life is amazing...' you looked in both awe and fear of Aomine shooting a basket like that.

Seirin - 97

Tōō- 100

Only 15 seconds left til the game is over.

"Win, Seirin!"

"Don't give up!"

"Huh...? Ryo-kun...? Kasamatsu-san...?" You muttered, surprised at their yells.

Less than 10 seconds left.

Kuroko saw his captain move behind him, being able to move a little more. Kuroko passed to Hyuga.

'Oh no...! Tetsu-kun's Overflow completely stopped working...! He's at his limit...!' You found out how Sakurai was able to quickly stop Hyuga's Barrier Jumper.

"Captain!" Kagami yelled out to his captain.

Seeing no other players open, the captain passed the ball towards their ace.

"Make the shot, Kagami!"

Kagami jumped to get the ball in the basket with a dunk. But Aomine was there to stop the shot.

"Kagami!" Kuroko yelled, making Kagami realize something he learned in their training camp with Midorima.

Noticing his past mistake, Kagami moved his hand to pass the ball towards Kiyoshi.

'He finally conquered his assignment from the summer...at the very last second!' You smiled before cheering with the team.

"Go!!"

"No, you don't!" Wakamatsu was there to stop Kiyoshi.

"GO! Kiyoshi-san!" You yelled, smiling when he did a fake and when to get some penalty shots as the ball rolled along the rim of the basket.

Kiyoshi made a basket while Wakamatsu was defending the net, "Defence! Pushing! Black No. 6! Basket counts! One throw!"

Kagami went to help the center back to his feet, "All right!" They cheered at getting a free throw.

"Not bad," Aomine smirked.

Seirin - 99

Tōō - 100

Only 5 seconds left til the game is over.

"Then we'll steal the ball and score. It's the only way to win." Hyuga stated, saying that they'll purposely miss the shot to get the chance to make another basket.

"We've given everything we have and are at our limit, but they've got stamina and benched players to spare. Our loss is certain in an overtime game. However, with Kiyoshi shooting, Kagami and I will be rebounding. Naturally, I'll go for the ball with everything I have. But..." Hyuga told the team before turning towards Kagami.

"If anyone has a chance, it's you, Kagami. Let's go. This is our last play. Battle for the rebound." Hyuga stated, that both of the teams making up their minds.

Kiyoshi went for the shot and the whole stadium stayed silent. Waiting to see if he'll make the shot or miss it.

Kiyoshi missed the shot, making it a chance for a rebound for both teams. Both Susa and Wakamatsu tried to get the ball but Kagami jumped higher than them, getting the ball.

But Aomine was there to block Kagami's dunk, "Tetsu-kun! Get the ball! It's still in play!" Your yell brought the team back to reality.

"Huh...?!" Imayoshi was in shock to see Kuroko already running after the ball way longer before him.

"However, there's only one person I believe will make the final shot! Kagami!" Kuorko shouted towards his teammate and went to pass the ball towards the ace.

Both aces jumped in the air to catch the ball.

Seeing Kagami catch the ball first got Seirin to cheer him on, "Go, Kagami!"

"Kags...!" You smiled when remembering his and Kuroko's words, promising you they'll defeat your past friend.

At the last second, Kagami got past Aomine and dunked the ball.

"Time's up!"

Seirin - 101

Tōō - 100

Seirin cheered happily as you and Riko cried happy tears.

"Line up!"

Kuroko was feeling faint, "Kuroko!" Hyuga was first to notice but was glad Kagami was there to grab the phantom man before he fell.

"Are you okay?" The redhead asked his teammate while helping him up.

"Sheesh. You can barely stand with support. No one can tell who won now. But maybe that was for the best. The reason I lost was that difference." Aomine spoke, accepting his loss.

"Why are you acting like it's all over?" Kagami's question got Aomine to look at him in shock.

"Things are just getting started. Let's play again. I'll take you on," Kagami told Aomine.

Hearing that made the dark navy-haired male smirk, "Shut up, idiot."

"Aomine." Kuorko started as the two recalled their last match against each other.

"You win, Tetsu," Aomine admitted defeat against his past friend.

"Can I ask you for a favour?" Kuroko asked, lifting his fist for Aomine to complete the fist bump.

"You still haven't returned my fist bump," hearing Kuroko's words got Aomine to be awestruck, "What...?"

"Who cares about that?" Aomine asked but Kuroko was adamant on it, "No. Try putting yourself in the shoes of the ignored."

As always, Kuroko has a way with words to persuade others, "Fine. This is...the last time, though. Next time, I'll win." Aomine stated.

"Okay." The two finally completed their fist bump from middle school.

You started even more when seeing the display, 'Tetsu-kun...Aomine...! Thank goodness...!'

Riko smiled when seeing your smiling face again, 'I guess it all turned out alright in the end.'

"Seirin High wins with a score of 101 to 100! Bow!"

"Thanks!"

Riko and the team were seen departing after changing clothes after the game, "Huh? We're not ready to go yet?" Furihata asked the coach.

Riko only gave a small smile, "I want to leave, too, but... Let's leave them be for a while longer."

Hyuga, Izuki, Kiyoshi, Kagami and Kuroko were seen sleeping soundly in the lockers after winning against Tōō.

You soon realized something, "Can you guys go wait for me in front of the stadium? I completely forgot I had something to do."

"Uh, sure! But try to be back soon, alright? We don't want to worry the boys when they wake up." Riko noticed the glint in your eyes and let you go do what you needed to do.

You gave a respectful how to Riko, "Thank you, very much! I'll be back!" You started jogging to the back of the stadium.

"Dai-chan? Aren't you coming?" Momoi asked the player who just stood still, looking at the back entrance of the stadium.

"Satsuki, could you go on ahead without me? There's something I need to do." Aomine asked his manager and childhood best friend.

Momoi grew a little confused but had a hunch of why he wanted to be alone, "Sure. I'll go back to the team." She left the ace to be in his thoughts.

"Aomine!"

Hearing your voice got his heart to skip a beat. He turned to see you running over to him.

"Sorry...I was...late...! My team...had to...I—" You tried to explain why you were late but couldn't because you were too tired.

Aomine blinked in slight confusion, "You can take a break if you want. You don't need to tell me everything right away."

"...because the boys...were taking...too long—" You still kept on trying to explain making Aomine retort, "Stop talking! You're gonna end up having a stroke or something! Take a breather!"

Finally listening to his words you took in a breather, "Oh! That's better!" You smiled.

Aomine only deadpanned at your attitude, "Are you for real...?"

"So, why did you say you wanted to meet out here?" Aomine went straight to it about why you asked him to meet you here after the game.

"I just have a few things to say to you." You started before taking in a shaky breath.

"I shouldn't have left so abruptly, forgive me, Aomine!"

Your words shocked Aomine, he never even thought you'd try and face him head ever since your argument, "What...?"

"I know what I'm saying won't be enough to get us back to the 'us' we were before but I wanted to tell you that I never wanted us to part ways like that...!" You revealed.

"(N/N). You don't need to apologize. I caused us to drift apart. It's my fault—" Aomine tried to take the blame but you pressed on.

"No! Please...let me finish...I have been thinking of how our future encounters were going to be. How you'd act towards me full on knowing what happened between us. I have been wondering if you'd even look at me the same way you used to back when we enrolled in Teiko...! It hurt me to see your light finishing so abruptly...! It hurt so much that I thought I'd lose you!" Aomine grew shocked to see tears streaming down your face.

"I didn't want to lose you!"

"I just wanted my best friend back...!"

'When was the last time I saw her smiling...? Oh, yeah...It was a few days right before that day. I regretted what I did and said. I wanted to make it right. Now that I have the opportunity, I'm not going to mess this up.' Aomine made up his mind.

With his mind made up, Aomine gently pulled you into a hug, "I'm sorry, I acted selfish and I was out of line. I should've known how much you cared for me. I was an idiot. I won't let you cry anymore because of me again." Aomine promised you.

You smiled slightly on his shoulder, "You dummy...!" You gripped his team jacket while sniffling, "I should punch you where you stand...!"

"Yeah, maybe you should," Aomine had a small smile on his face while patting your back, "But I'm scared that you're too short to reach me."

Hearing his teasing words made you a little ticked off, "YOU AHOMINE!" You punched his gut. (Aho: means idiot, fool, dummy, etc.)

"Gah! What the hell?! That hurt!" Aomine winced, holding his gut.

"That was your fault for throwing a joke about my height! You're at fault! Humph!" You huffed crossing your arms.

"I didn't mean by punching the life outta me! Jesus! Are you some superhuman?!" Aomine shouted.

"Just accept this beating with honour, Dai-kun! You should be happy I'm treating you like this again!" You were seen comically jumping in the air, retorting back at the taller male.

Aomine grew a little shocked at you calling him by the nickname you used to call him, 'Gosh...'

'How the hell did you capture my heart so quickly?'

"Hey! Hey! Are you listening to me?! Dai-kun! Dai-kun!" You shouted.

Aomine only smiled lightly, "Thanks for accepting me, (Y/N)..."

You didn't hear him right, "Huh? What did you just say...?"

Aomine looked away while hiding his embarrassed face, "I said thanks for showing me your weak punches!"

You gasped in offence, "Weak?! Oh, I'll show you WEAK! Come here!" You started chasing after Aomine who only laughed, "Keep up, shorty! Or I might leave you behind."

"GET BACK HERE YOU BASKETBALL JUNKIE!"

"Junkie?! I'd rather be called a basketball star instead. Or maybe a basketball prodigy, or a cool basketball player."

"Stop rambling and get your butt back here!! Your ego hasn't changed!"

"Okay, that hurt! You do know how to wound a man, short stack."

"Stop with the height nicknames!"

Momoi smiled when seeing the two estranged best friends reconcile, "Took them a while. I honestly thought Dai-chan was gonna blow it. But it all turned out fine." Being content with seeing you and Aomine back to your usual selves, Momoi went back to the team.

"Oh yeah! Give me your number, Dai-kun," you suddenly blurted out.

"H-Huh...?! You..." Aomine was a little taken aback by you asking for his number.

"It's so we can keep in touch, dummy! I changed my phone and I need to re-add everyone here. My SIM card didn't help that much," you explained.

"O-Oh! R-Right. Yeah, hold on," Aomine regained composure and entered his number in your phone.

"Thanks, Dai-kun! I'll make sure to text you as soon as I have time!" You beamed so much that Aomine thought he'd go blind.

"How are you producing so much light...? You could light up the whole stadium..." Aomine muttered.

"Haha...! Sorry, I'm just very happy that we're friends again!" She lit up.

"Why are you getting even brighter?!" Aomine lightly retorted.

"Oh. I should get going. My team is already on the bus. See you soon, Dai-kun!" You smiled, before waving goodbye to your friend.

"Wait up! You forgot this." Aomine gently held your hand to place the hairpin you lost that day.

"H-Huh...?! I was wondering where it was...You held onto it this whole time?" You were shocked to see the familiar pin.

"Yeah...I wanted to give it back to you but I couldn't find the right time to give it back...Sorry, it took so long—" Aomine was surprised by you hugging him in thanks.

"Thanks, Dai-kun! I'll remember this! Count on it! See you soon!" You grinned before running back to your team.

"Y-You need to stop doing such things before someone misunderstands...Geez..." Aomine huffed but still smiled lightly before heading back to his team.

'I'm glad we're friends again, (N/N).'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 3K 16
First Kuroko no Basket fanfic o.o Tetsuya's sister has come to him after 3 years apart. Of course he's older than her. She goes to Yosen but is alway...
52.3K 1.4K 26
One day, Seirin realizes Kuroko's strange behavior. Kuroko comes day after day to practice, harboring more injuries than before. Is Kuroko holding a...
35.2K 1.4K 64
Teiko's basketball #3 The trio face their final year at Teiko middle school. They walk forward with their sights set high and nothing other than the...
39.4K 820 16
One summer afternoon in Teikou Academy's court, the first string regular members is preparing for their practice match against the second and third s...