Ransomed Fiancée (Michaeng)

By JunKudo

Son Chaeyoung, a tyrant and philander woman hold the reputation for so long. Not caring for others nor anyone... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Personal Asistant
Chapter 2: Baffled
Chapter 3: New Job
Chapter 4: Agreement
Chapter 5: Dark and Dogs
Chapter 6: Tiger and Cub
Chapter 7: Make-Up Show
Chapter 8: Comfort-Zone vs Danger-Zone
Chapter 9: Sweetheart
Chapter 10: Proposal
Chapter 11: Cinderella
Chapter 12: Dance With Me
Chapter 13: Gamble
Chapter 14: God Littlest Angel
Chapter 15: Paint
Chapter 16: The Hirai
Chapter 17: Engagement Party
Chapter 18: Succesor Formality
Chapter 19: Hang Out
Chapter 20: Side Character
Chapter 21: Graceful as A Lonely Swan
Chapter 22: Green-Eyed Rabbit
Chapter 23: Contract Violation
Chapter 24: Bad Woman
Chapter 25: Trust
Chapter 26: Garden
Chapter 27: Angel
Chapter 28: Rain In The Drought
Chapter 29: Penguin Globe vs Mr Koala
Chapter 30: Checkmate
Chapter 31: Family, Dinner and Affair
Chapter 32: Wave
Chapter 33: Poison and Cure
Chapter 34: Mini Project
Chapter 35: Mr Tiger
Chapter 36: Depth of Winter Part 1
Chapter 37: Depth of Winter Part 2
Chapter 38: Depth of Winter Part 3
Chapter 39: Darling, Honey, Sweetheart Part 1
Chapter 40: Darling, Honey, Sweetheart Part 2- (1) Chaeyoung's Mission
Chapter 41: Darling, Honey, Sweetheart Part 2-(2) Goodnight, Love
Chapter 42: Whispers of Love and Loss
Chapter 43: Darling, Honey, Sweetheart Part 3-(1) Through the Pages of History
Chapter 44: Darling, Honey, Sweetheart Part 3- (2) Behind The Door
Chapter 45: Whispers of Love and Loss Part 2
Chapter 46: The Rift
Chapter 47: Moonlit Paradise
Chaper 48: Flower In The Sky
Chapter 49:Under Pink Petals
Co-Author Note
Chapter 51: Jellyfish
Chapter 52: With or Without You, I'm a Mess
Chapter 53: The Night We Found Us Part 1
Chapter 54: The Night We Found Us Part 2
Chapter 55: Ugliness
Chapter 56: In Your Warm Embrace Part 1
Chapter 57: In Your Warm Embrace Part 2
Chapter 58: When You Drink Water, Always Think of Its Source.
Chapter 59: Minatozaki Sana
Chapter 60: A Price to be Paid
Chapter 61: I Love You
Author Note

Chapter 50: The End

2K 114 70
By JunKudo

Chaeyoung

Aomori City Port, Japan

I gazed at the pink petal in my hand, releasing a sigh before delicately placing it inside my small notebook. The sun was beginning to set as I stood near the gangway, overseeing the passengers as they reboarded the ship after a day ashore. Most passengers had returned, but there was one family, a Western family, who had yet to board.

I instructed the Safety and Compliance Officer to give the family a call to ensure they were aware of the departure time. But just as Mr Ogura was about to make the call, I caught sight of the family approaching the port. That was a relief. I watched as the family hurriedly made their way towards the gangway. As they finally boarded the cruise, I greeted them with a warm smile, "Welcome back. We were just about to call you," I said.

The family, consisted of a married couple, I assumed and their daughter. A bit out of breath, they apologised for being late. I told them that all was well and that they had made it in time. The woman with a friendly demeanor, smiled appreciatively. "Thank you for waiting. We lost track of time exploring the local market."

I chuckled. "It happens to the best of us. We're just glad you made it back before we set sail again."

The man chimed in, "Your crew has been so accommodating. We're having a wonderful time on this cruise."

I nodded. "I'm delighted to hear that. We want to ensure you have a memorable experience. Enjoy the rest of your evening on board." With the family safely back on board, I signaled for the gangway to be raised, and the ship set sail for its next destination. I watched them walk away, my gaze lingering on the daughter. She was that familiar passenger. She appeared uninterested, not rushing to board or acknowledging my presence, only sparing me a disgust glance. Her parents carried groceries bags, but she was empty-handed, leading the way as if she were the head of the family.

I turned to Mr. Ogura, "They are our VVIP guests, and I heard they are well-known. Who are they?" I inquired.

"They are the Filip Family from House of Berrend, Netherlands," he replied.

"House of Berrend from Netherlands," I mused, rubbing the edge of my brow, "The nobility?"

"Yes," he confirmed.

I had encountered the nobility on a previous trip, and if I'm not mistaken there was none called Filip Family. something about this situation didn't sit right with me. "No, that's not them."

"They are registered on our cruise as the Filip family, and we had confirmed it with the House of Berrend, the head family himself," Mr. Ogura reiterated.

"Perform a background check, not as a family, but as individuals," I ordered, my intuition gnawing at me. Something felt wrong. Why would they fabricate their background? The fact that they had come this far with false identities was even more surprising. They seemed either like fraudsters or.......the fact that House of Berrend helped them could mean one thing. I had studied the woman earlier. She wore a floor-length, flowing gown crafted from the finest silk. The dress was adorned with intricate embroidery and delicate sequins that sparkled with each step she took. Around her neck, she wore a cascade of diamonds and gemstones dangled from a platinum chain. The centerpiece was an extraordinary, rare blue diamond.

The Son Group was specialised in fashion industries.

That necklace.....

I hoped I was mistaken.

Night had fallen, and I was overseeing the first-floor deck when someone grabbed my arms from behind. I came to a sudden halt and turned around, only to find that familiar passenger smirking at me. She wore a haute couture gown, as if it had been tailored exclusively for her. The fabric, a deep crimson, clung to her figure perfectly and cascaded into a dramatic train. Her outfit was so extravagant that it demanded attention wherever she went.

"Ha, it's you," she grinned. "I knew you looked familiar when I saw you earlier."

I glanced at the necklace draped around her neck. "Pardon me, Miss?" I asked, shifting my gaze back to her.

She scoffed. "Are you pretending to forget now?" She glared at me and, without warning, kicked me in the shin. I gasped in pain and crouched down. "Remember now? Penguin globe jerk."

"Penguin globe jerk?" What? What——My memory began to clear, and I looked up at her. She was the woman from the globe store, the one I had clashed with. What a bad luck. I straightened my posture. Feigning ignorance seemed like the best course of action. "I apologize, Miss, but I don't quite understand. This is the first time I've met you."

She crossed her arms. "No, it's you. So, you're trying to pretend now." She circled around me, eyeing me up and down. "So, you work as a crew here?"

"I'm the cruise director," I corrected, realizing that I needed to leave. Given her past behavior, this woman was sure to cause trouble. "Pardon me, Miss, if there's nothing else, I'll have to continue my duty." I offered a polite bow and quickly left, hearing her shout after me.

Mr. Ogura rushed to me, glancing between me and the woman. I grabbed his arm and hurriedly led him away from the first-floor deck to the top floor. From there, I watched the woman roam below.

"Have you found out?" I asked, leaning against the railing. I turned to Mr. Ogura, whose face had turned pale. This couldn't be good news.

"Yes, we're in huge trouble, Mrs. Son," he said, his voice trembling.

"The parents are not a married couple. The man is an ex-marine, and the woman is a member of the Royal Air Force," he continued, his words hanging heavily in the air, "The lady—"

"The daughter of Prince Matthew, the niece of the Crown Prince Alexander, the granddaughter of King Christoffel-Willem, the Fourth Princess of the Netherlands," I sighed. I had my doubt. She was familiar not only because of our previous encounter but also because I had briefly seen her during the royal parade on Prinsjesdag or 'Prince's Day,' one of the most important events in the Netherlands.

How had I failed to recognize her during our first encounter? Back then, my mind had been completely preoccupied with Mina. I massaged my temple, feeling the tension building rapidly. This situation had escalated far beyond my expectations. Her presence as royalty on this ship had complicated this cruise, and my role as the cruise director had become even heavier.

"Why were we not informed that a princess would be boarding this ship?" I asked with a frown, growing frustrated with the current situation. "It's customary for any member of royalty to notify the host when visiting another country or location. This practice ensures their security, accommodation, and any necessary arrangements are in place. While it may not always be a strict requirement, it is a matter of courtesy and practicality to avoid any potential misunderstandings or security issues during their visit. What are we going to do if something happens to her?" I groaned. What a mess.

If anything were to happen to her during this voyage or within the confines of this ship, the repercussions would be unimaginable. I must provide an explanation to the royals, and the potential political consequences loomed large.

"It appears that this is a secret outing by the princess," Mr. Ogura said hesitantly. "Should we consider reaching out to the Netherlands embassy in Japan? They could arrange to pick her up at the next port, or we could assess the situation further. If we assist and conceal the princess, we might become entangled in unforeseen complications."

I contemplated the situation carefully. If this was indeed a secret outing by the princess, reaching out to the embassy might not be the wisest action. Revealing her whereabouts could risk offending the princess, which was something we needed to avoid. She was a royalty, offending her wouldn't be good for us, "Since she's here under a false identity, she's unlikely to cause troubles," I responded. "Nevertheless, we should keep a close watch on her and hire additional personnel for her security. If any unfortunate incidents occur, we can feign ignorance since she's not officially here and is using a fake identity. However, any harm coming to her, given her status as a princess, would still lead to serious repercussions. Make sure you keep that in mind,"

"This matter should remain confidential, known only to the two of us. It could complicate things if our team finds out. Given your role as the Safety and Compliance Officer, we can't afford any mistakes, can we?" I tapped his shoulder for emphasis. Mr. Ogura nodded and left.

If she was just a princess, it would have been easier. But she turned out to be the same woman I had clashed with during our first meeting. Who would have thought we'd cross paths again? I certainly didn't. Given our history, it was clear she held a grudge, and there was little I could do in the face of her immature anger. Now that we had crossed paths once more, she would definitely use this opportunity to get back on me.

And I was right.

In the midst of a seemingly peaceful dinner service in the cruise's dining hall, the Food and Beverage Manager approached me with a concerned expression, "Mrs. Son, we have a persistent passenger causing quite a commotion. She's been making complaints about the beverage, and it's getting out of hand."

For the sixth time in just four hours, I received reports from every team, whether it was the Entertainment Director, the Guest Service Manager, and now the Food and Beverage Manager. The Safety and Compliance Officer had been inundated with continuous complaints from a particular passenger. I let out a weary sigh and asked, "What's the issue this time?"

"She keeps ordering hot tea and then complains that it's never hot enough, even when the chef freshly brews it." He explained.

Just then, Mr Ogura hurriedly approached us. "Mrs. Son, the situation is escalating. She's now making a scene right there,"

I rubbed my eyebrow. I had never directly engaged in any problem caused by her and merely ordered my team to take care of it according to my instructions, hoping she would give up, yet she persisted. Realising that I needed to intervene personally to resolve the situation once and for all, I made my way to the dining hall. Upon entering, I spotted a table cluttered with numerous tea cups. It seemed that my presence immediately caught her attention.

With a polite bow, I walked up to her, "Excuse me, ma'am, what seems to be the problem?"

She, who had been eagerly waiting for this moment I supposed, wore a triumphant smirk. "Finally, the Cruise Director herself," she said condescendingly. "This tea. It's never hot enough. Maybe if you prepare it for me, I'll be satisfied," She chuckled mockingly.

I must not let her get into me and lose my composure. I signaled to the chef, who quickly brewed a fresh pot of hot tea and served it. She scoffed, glanced at it and shook her head. "It's still not hot enough," She said, not taking even a sip, "And I want it to be you. You should make me a tea," she said in an authoritative tone.

We truly had to do this princess? I rolled up my sleeves, seized the teacup, and poured the scalding-hot tea onto my own hand, deliberately causing a first-degree burn. I raised my hand, displaying the red mark.

"You see, ma'am," I began, my teeth gritted, not from the pain but from the effort to control my frustration, "if the tea wasn't hot enough, it wouldn't have caused a burn like this." I closed the distance between us and leaned in closer to her ear, speaking in a low, stern tone, "I am not your servant. If you wish to avoid being apprehended by law enforcement at the next port and returned to the Netherlands, you should conduct yourself appropriately, Princess Somi Douma."

I leaned back slightly, meeting her surprised gaze. She seemed frozen, her hand clutching her dress, "I suppose you don't want the embassy to know your whereabouts. I'll keep your outing a secret. So, your highness, please don't make things difficult for me and my team." I whispered. Threatening the princess was not my intention, but she had left me with little choice. I could have contacted the Netherlands embassy and arranged for her to leave the cruise, but I knew it was the last thing she would want, given all the effort she had put into this secret outing. I didn't know her reasons for being here or what had led to this situation, but this was my final act of kindness.

She begrudgingly stood up, scoffed, and muttered to herself as she walked away, effectively putting an end to her unreasonable complaints.

"Mrs. Son, your hand..." Mr. Haruto, the Food and Beverage Manager, poked at my hand. I withdrew it, gazing at the painful red mark.

"It's fine," I assured him. Then, I turned to Mr. Ogura and gestured for him to accompany the princess, ensuring she safely reached her cabin without any reckless actions.

I massaged my temple, hoping that this would indeed be the end.

Mina

"I had about three chicken drumsticks during breakfast and another four during lunch," Ms. Momo counted on her fingers, and I listened closely to her description of today's meals. "So, it was... wait... how many...nine! Nine chickens Minarii! I ate a lot,"

She held up nine fingers, proudly displaying her count. I smiled and leaned in, gently lowering two of her fingers. "It's actually seven chicken drumsticks," I corrected. "But that's still impressive, Ms. Momo."

She chuckled, rubbing her neck. "Well, whatever it is, I'm still hungry. Isn't it dining time already? Why aren't they here yet?" She glanced at the wall clock.

We had placed our food order an hour ago, and there had been no word from the food services since. I wondered if something had occurred to cause the delay. Typically, the service was prompt. "Let's wait a few more minutes, Ms. Momo," I reassured her as she lay on the bed, clutching her stomach. I chuckled at her impatience and returned my attention to knitting. It was a random hobby I had picked up out of boredom while waiting to arrive at our next destination, and we had bought the supplies at a local market in Aomori during our previous stop.

Suddenly, there was a sharp knock on the door. Ms. Momo leaped out of bed, her face lighting up with excitement. I smiled at her, rose from my seat, and went to open the door. There stood a member of the room service team, holding a beautifully arranged dinner tray. It was the Food and Beverage Team Manager himself, and he appeared visibly concerned and bothered.

"Did something happen, Mr Haruto?" I asked, noticing the manager's troubled expression.

The manager sighed and stepped inside, placing the dinner tray on the table. "I'm sorry to disturb you, but I needed to talk to you about a passenger who has been causing problems on this cruise. It's been a real challenge to handle."

I paid close attention as the manager continued to explain the situation. Ms. Momo, on the other hand, had positioned herself nearby and had already begun to enjoy her dinner. The issue involved a passenger who had proven to be relentless in her complaints, effectively disrupting the harmonious atmosphere of the entire cruise. Her complaints was never-ending, and the overall experience of other guests was affected.

"In a desperate attempt to resolve the situation," Mr Haruto continued, "Mrs Son took a drastic step. She poured a hot cup of tea onto her own hand right in front of the troublesome passenger. It was a shocking move, but it ended the complaints instantly. The passenger had been persistently complaining about the tea being served cold, and in response, Mrs. Son revealed the red mark on her hand to demonstrate that the tea was indeed hot enough. The passenger was so surprised that she stopped causing problems and has been quiet ever since."

"Did Chaeyoung really do that?" Ms. Momo interrupted, a piece of bread in her mouth. She appeared both shocked and impressed.

I nodded in understanding. It didn't come as a surprise to me. I had worked with her in the past and was well aware of her approach. She was a force to be reckoned with—aggressive and unpredictable. She didn't shy away from going to extreme lengths to ensure the success of her projects, even if it meant putting herself or others in harm's way. She was a savvy businesswoman who would stop at nothing to achieve her goals, whether it involved undermining competitors, manipulating people, or even harming her own interests if it served the greater purpose of her projects.

After Mr. Haruto finished explaining, he excused himself, but I halted him. "Manager, from now on, you don't need to update me on management matters," I stated firmly.

"But you hold the position of Food and Beverage Team Director," he replied with a frown.

I shook my head, "I'm no longer a crew member, and I prefer not to be informed about such matters." I noticed a quick exchange of glances between Ms. Momo and Mr. Haruto but chose to ignore it. The manager nodded reluctantly and then left the cabin. I returned to the chair and picked up my knitting materials to continue. However, Ms. Momo called my name, "Minatang." I hummed in response to her call, "You see, I don't know how to knit but I'm sure it's not that way," she said, pointing to my hand. I looked down at the tangled mess of yarn in my hands. I sighed and began the task of untangling it, my mind momentarily elsewhere

"If you're worried about her, maybe you should go check on her," she added.

I took a deep breath and replied, "She's an adult. She can handle minor injuries on her own."

"Mina—"

Interrupting her, I stood up and walked to the window, signaling the end of our conversation. As I gazed out of the large window, I was greeted by a breathtaking sight. The dark ocean seemed to stretch endlessly, its surface shimmering under the moon's silver glow. The gentle waves created a soothing soundtrack, and the starry night sky above added to the enchantment.

The cabin room exuded coziness, softly lit and adorned with nautical decorations that enhanced its maritime theme. A spacious and comfortable king-sized bed dominated the center of the room. It was the coveted ocean-view cabin, one of the ship's most sought-after accommodations, and yet I had been assigned this room. It couldn't have been a coincidence. I knew she had deliberately chosen it for me.

Was it a form of apology?

Ms. Momo's sudden appearance hadn't seemed like a mere chance encounter either. She had claimed to be nearby and wanting to join the cruise, but was it really that simple? Had you intentionally arranged for Ms. Momo to accompany me here? It wouldn't have been out of character for you to do everything, including apologizing, without offering any explanation. You had always been that way. You were that cruel to me. You left me in a constant state of endless confusion, uncertainty, worry and helplessness.

I gazed at the silver band adorning my ring finger, the diamonds sparkling in the light. For nine months, I had been married, becoming someone's wife. I had lived a life akin to that of a married woman. In less than a week, legally my marital status would change. The contract was set to automatically terminate within that time frame, in accordance with our original agreement to end it after the nine-month period had elapsed.

It had been nine months.

What would you do?

Why should I do?

What would happened to us?

We should put an end to this, shouldn't we?

"Ms. Momo," I called out, tracing the ring on my finger, "Where will we be on the 1st of May?"

"The cruise will be at Sakaiminato Port, Japan, and the next destination after that is Busan, South Korea," Ms. Momo said as she walked up to me and stood beside me, "Why do you ask? Is there a specific place or someone you'd like to visit? I can arrange it for you." She added. I shook my head wordlessly.

Sakaiminato Port.

Should I just...leave?

-to be continued-
_______________________________
JunKudo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 5.5K 56
Son Chaeyoung head of the biggest conglomerate in Asia. She has a beautiful and caring wife and a sweet daughter by her side and everything she wants...
19.3K 848 44
"Don't!" Mina quickly interjects and moves her face slightly sideward, away from Chaeyoung's hand. "Stop right there. Everything about you makes me w...
39.4K 809 33
(A michaeng Story) Mina's a girl that is a very cold hearted person in school she's very cold to other students but she's very nice to her friends h...
77.4K 2.7K 54
- She's not hard to love, but our love is. - Myoui Mina. The known homophobic one met a particular cub who was able to break her tall iron walls and...