The Rising Star - Alexia Pute...

By steffi209

Eleanore Queen is the upcoming rising star for both her club and national team. Recruted by the Arsenal Acade... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81
Part 82
Part 83
Part 84
Part 85
Part 86
Part 87
Part 88
Part 89
Part 90
Part 91
Part 92
Part 93
Part 94
Part 95
Part 96
Part 97
Part 98
Part 99
Part 100
Part 101
Part 102
Part 103
Part 104
Part 105
Part 106
Part 107
Part 108
Part 109
Part 110
Part 111
Part 112
Part 113
Part 114
Part 115
Part 116
Part 117
Part 119
Part 120
Part 121
Part 122
Part 123
Part 124
Part 125
Part 126
Part 127
Part 128
Part 129
Part 130
Part 131
Part 132
Part 133
Part 134
Part 135
Part 136
Part 137
Part 138
Part 139

Part 118

4.6K 286 39
By steffi209

A/N: Happy monday everyone! Hope you're all doing good. Enjoy the chapter. 

We were all finally on the bus, ready to go to the stadium. Kelley obviously was late again because the defender forgot her cleats. Again. How she takes care of herself, I have no clue.

Even though most of the girls were buzzing with excitement, it was a special game after all, I was slightly nervous. It was Jill's last game so the pressure was on. We all had decided that we wanted her to go out with a bang and besides that I was gonna be captain today.

I choose to sit near the front of the bus, next to Alyssa. Not a lot was said between the two of us but it didn't have to. Alyssa's calming presence was enough to slow down my racing heart.

The quiet moment gave me the perfect opportunity to text my girlfriend a bit and to congratulate her on her game.

Reina ❤️

Congrats babe! Seems like we have reason to celebrate after all.

Queen ❤️

Ooh mi amor, even if I hadn't scored we would still celebrate 😏

Reina ❤️

Ooh, someone is confident. Did scoring the goal go to your head? 🙄

Queen ❤️

As if you don't want to celebrate 🙄

Reina ❤️

You know me so well 😌 can we like hide out the first day we're back home? 🙏

Queen ❤️

Yes please. Just you, me, a bed

Reina ❤️

And Nala...

Just saying.

Queen ❤️

Right 😳

Reina ❤️

We arrived at the stadium.

Queen ❤️

Good luck mi amor. Call me after.

And once again I couldn't stop the smile from growing. Something that seemed to happen a lot when it came to her. That's the positive thing with Alyssa. I knew she'd notice but she didn't ask or teased me about it. She just kept smiling while scrolling on her phone.

Unlike someone else, who was sitting a few rows behind me. While I was busy texting Alexia, Christen kept a close eye on me. Never once did her gaze leave my figure. She'd noticed me texting and the growing smile that came with it.

"She's seeing someone." Chris muttered to Tobin, who was sitting next to the forward like most times but unlike Christen, she wasn't paying attention to what I was doing on the bus. She didn't even open her eyes.

"What?" She hummed, only half listening to what her girlfriend was saying.

"She's seeing someone." Chris repeated herself but again Tobin's eyes remained closed, although the forward had gained her attention now because she had a slight feeling of who she was talking about.

"Who?" Tobin tried to play dumb but Christen's watchful eyes stayed on me.

"Ellie." She said in a duh tone but she wasn't surprised.

It wasn't unusual that Tobin hadn't picked up on it. The winger never really got involved in other ones business but boy was Chris wrong this time. Tobin already knew. This time she was the first one to notice.

For a second Tobin's heart stopped and her eyes shot open by the mention of my name. After our talk she understood that I wasn't ready yet to talk about my new relationship but she also knew her girlfriend enough that she would go above and beyond to figure out if her suspicion was true. Tobin had to prevent that.

"What makes you think that?" The winger closed her eyes again and tried to play it cool.

"You're kidding right? I mean come on, it's obvious! She's always on her phone and smiling at it." Chris scoffed and looked at her girlfriend in disbelief but again Tobin tried to play it cool and even ignored her girlfriend.

That was until she got elbowed in the ribs by the forward when she had seen yet another smile.

"See! I'm telling you, she's seeing someone." Chris said for what seemed like the millionth time.

"It has to be someone from Barca? Oh! Maybe it's someone from Arsenal. Oh! Maybe it's Leah! Those two were always very close. Oh my God, what if it's someone on this team?" Christen started spiraling in her theories of who it could be and started to, not so subtle, look around.

"I'm gonna find out." She suddenly stopped her rambling and concluded. This got Tobin's attention again.

"No, you will do no such thing." She turned around to face her girlfriend.

"Why not?" Chris asked, confused.

"Because you will leave the poor girl alone. We have no business in her love life." Tobin sternly looked at her girlfriend. Chris narrowed her eyebrows and it suddenly clicked.

"You know!" Christen shrieked, earning the looks from some other teammates but she waved them off.

"I don't know anything. What I do know is that she seems happy so just leave her alone. If she's seeing someone and that's IF, she'll tell us when she's ready." Tobin looked sternly at her girlfriend and her gaze remained locked on her until she agreed.

"Fine." The dark haired woman caved, crossing her arms over her chest like a toddler.

"Good" Tobin leaned back in her chair and closed her eyes again with a smirk, satisfied that she actually did know.

"May I have your attention please?" Jill clapped her hands together and walked into the dressing room.

Everyone stopped with what they were going and turned towards the coach.

"Will the real Slim Shady please stand up!" Megan yelled through the room, causing everyone to laugh, including Jill.

"Not what I wanted to say but close." Jill pointed at the pink haired woman with a smirk.

"No but this is it, it's the last dance and I guess before we go out therefore the last time, I wanted to thank all of you." Jill got all serious causing even Megan to shut up and listen.

"I always said that I had the best fucking seat to watch you guys so it's with a lot of pride and joy that I can look back on the journey that we've been on together. All the highs and the lows were worth it in the end. It was an honor to coach such an incredible team as yours." Our soon to be ex coach looked at all of us with only pride in her eyes.

"Even now when I take a step back, I'll remain your number one fan for the rest of your careers. I wish all of you the best of luck on and off the pitch." Near the end of her words you could hear her voice crack a bit, indicating that she was getting emotional.

Her words brought a smile to everyone's faces. Jill and a few of the players even got tears in their eyes, trying their best not to let them show.

"Now!" Jill clapped her hands together and tearfully chuckled. "With that being said all there is left to do is go out there and kick some ass!"

"Let's fucking go!" Kelley jumped up, successfully lightening up the mood.

"For Jill!" We all yelled out.

Jill chuckled at our antics and left so we could continue to get ready. The staff was already waiting outside the door. They had formed a train like every game so that once we would come out, they could high five us and wish us luck.

"Tobin, let's go!" I yelled for the brunette to hurry up. Tobin and I were the last ones in the dressing room. The winger was putting on her cleats while I wanted to be the last one there, making sure everyone got out okay.

"I'm ready, I'm ready." Tobin held up her hands in defense and ran out the door. I shook my head, chuckling at the winger.

We ran out to the hall where the whole coaching staff was waiting, high fiving all of them.

I was standing near the entrance of the tunnel. All I could hear was the roars and cheering from the fans outside, screaming our names or singing our chants.

Another thing I could definitely hear was my own heartbeat. It felt as if my heart would beat out of my chest because of the nerves. Vlatko, considering me as not enough, was a thought that I couldn't seem to shake.

"Breath." Alyssa gave my shoulders a gentle squeeze and pushed me forward when the ref started to walk outside.

Show time.

I guess.

Alexia's pov:

It was a few minutes before Ella's game and most of my teammates were all gathered inside one of the conference rooms to support the American. There was a chaotic vibe hanging in the air and everyone was gently chatting away with one another.

Mapi and Leila were trying to connect the laptop to the screen, Aitana and Patri were bickering on how many goals Ella would score while I kept on staring at a white screen.

"Will you two hurry up! I don't wanna miss capi Queenie's debut." Sandra snapped at the two defenders who were being their chaotic selves.

Somehow the goalie had secured herself one of Ellie's jerseys and was wearing it with pride. The others, of course, weren't happy about the fact that the goalie had one and they didn't. Imagine Mapi and Leila's tantrum.

"We're on it! Give us a break." Leila looked up from her laptop and glared at the goalkeeper.

"You have to plug it in there." Mapi pointed to one of the wires and gates to plug it in but to be fair both defenders looked clueless.

"Have you talked to her?" Jenni sat down in the seat that I saved for her.

"Texted." I answered without looking away from the white screen, too deep in thought.

"No it's not that one." I heard Mapi's distinctive voice getting louder.

"Which one?!" Leila asked her best friend, clearly getting frustrated, frantically looking for the correct wire.

"That one!" Mapi aggressively pointed to one of the wires Leila was holding but she didn't agree with her.

"No, it's the other one!" The dark haired woman disagreed.

While Mapi and Leila were doing their thing, Jenni was eagerly waiting on what I had found out after my small talk with Ellie. Sadly there wasn't a lot to tell.

"And?" She looked at me expectedly but all I could do was shake my head.

"There is no and. I did what you told me so I didn't ask about it." I shrugged my shoulders in defeat. Although I knew Jenni was right, that doesn't mean that it was easy.

"Ale it's for the best." The forward placed her hand on my thigh and gave me a small smile as a consolation.

"See, I told you." Leila smugly smiled at her best friend with her arms crossed.

"Just plug it in." Mapi snapped and glared at Leila. The defender did as told and plugged in the wire causing her home screen to pop up.

"Aaah finally!" Some of our teammates cheered, Sandra probably the loudest.

"No comment!" Mapi and Leila spun around and glared at the others again.

"I just hope she's fine." I sighed out.

"She'll be fine." Jenni smiled at me and tried her very best to assure me.

Right when she said that, both teams walked out of the tunnels. Ellie obviously in front, leading her team out. She had a stoic, concentrated look on and stared right ahead.

"Okay, she's not fine." Jenni said, causing me to glare at her.

The armband looked good on her and if it weren't for the bags under her eyes she would look very hot but all I could feel right now was worry. While most of our teammates kept chatting away, oblivious to my worry, Jenni and I kept staring at the screen.

"Is it me or does Ellie look really tired." Sandra frowned at the sight of the captain standing tall in line.

"Nope." Leila stared at the screen together with Mapi.

"Not just you." Mapi finished Leila's sentence.

Both women tore away their gaze from the screen and worriedly looked at me.

"That's it, I'm talking with her." I decided. I understood what Jenni told me before and she was right but there was no way I would just stand here and do nothing.

"Ale," The forward said but before she could finish her sentence I cut her off and turned to face her.

"I swear to God Jenni. If you tell me not to talk to her, I'll", but this time she cut me off.

"Hey chill." She placed her hand on my arm.

"I was gonna agree with you but maybe wait a bit and keep a close eye on her. Get some evidence. You know as well as I do that you have to think about this. You can't just ambush her." Jenni said, surprisingly being the voice of reason for once

Although I hated her idea, she was right. I knew Ella would simply brush it off if I didn't have any proof. That girl carries the world on her shoulders and rarely complained.

"Fine." I gave in.

Jenni gave me one last encouraging smile before we both focused back to the screen where Ella was in the midst of giving a speech to thank Jill.

Mapi, Leila, Sandra and my other Barcelona teammates all looked at me in worry. They too had noticed Ella's state and without anything being said, I knew she was safe with all of us.

Ellie's pov

The game didn't start the way we had envisioned it would. After only ten minutes we were down one goal. A small mistake in our defense gave the opposing side an opportunity that they didn't waste.

The only positive thing about the goal was that it was scored early on in the game so we had plenty of time to make it right again. Much to our frustration, that wasn't the case.

First half ended and we were still one goal behind. Frustration was the only emotion visible on our faces. Rose seemed defeated, Alex kicked a bottle that was standing near our bench and Pinoe slammed the door.

We all sat down at our locker, defeated, listening to Jill's speech. After the world cup we were on a high, always winning and getting behind was a new experience.

When Jill and the staff left to go back to the field, I stood up. This game wasn't over yet so we needed to stop acting like it was.

"How many minutes of this game are there left?" I calmly asked and looked around at my defeated teammates

"What?" Sam was the first to respond but to her all fashioned self she was puzzled as to why I asked that stupid question.

"How many minutes are there left?" I turned to her and repeated myself.

"Ellie, we're not answering a question where you already know the answer of." Alex said, causing me to turn around to face her. My expression turned stoic and determined.

"And as your captain I ask you again. How many minutes?" I said more sternly this time, leaving her no room for arguing.

I may be young but I have been around for quite some time now. Over the years I had my fair share of captains. Good and bad ones. One thing I've learned, if you want them to listen to you, then make them listen.

"Forty five". The forward answered, irritated. She wasn't really irritated with me but more with the fact that she hadn't been able to score and equalize. I simply nodded my head, taking a brief moment to let it sink in what she said.

"Then why is everyone acting as if the game is already over?!" I raised my voice a bit, looking at everyone around me.

"Ellie, we're not in the mood for another lecture." Kelley said, rolling her eyes.

"Well good thing this isn't one." I mocked her.

"There are forty five fucking minutes left on that clock and as long as that timer is still running, the game ain't over." I forcefully said, aggressively pointed to the door because in my imagination that's where the clock was.

"We made a mistake. Yes. It happens but you try again and make it right. You don't just give up!" I looked at everyone with a hard look. My speech seemed to be working because most of my teammates set up straight again and looked more determined.

"So get your asses out there, stop bitching to each other and fucking play. We owe that to the fans, to Jill and Dawn but most of us ourselves so let's fucking go!" I balled my fists and pumped my friends up. Immediately they all jumped up, cheering and screaming.

"Let's fucking go!" They all yelled out and patted each other in the back. The speech had worked. I let out a small sigh of relief

It was like a whole new team had started the second half, one with fire in their eyes and one that was determined to turn this game around.

The first opportunity came after a beautiful set up from Rose and I but Alex just came out a bit too short to put her foot to it. Ten minutes later in the seventy fourth minute, our hard work finally paid off.

The shift in mindset did wonders. When in the first half nothing seemed to work, now because of the confidence boost it was the complete opposite. Tobin had the ball and played the ball to me. I was standing in front of the goal with my back to it at the edge of the box.

Tobin's pass came with the right force and I chipped the ball over the defender right in the path of Alex. The forward didn't waste another opportunity and slotted the ball in the back of the net.

Alexia's pov:

"She did not just do that?" Jenni stared at the screen while our other teammates were cheering.

Patri and Aitana were jumping up and down, celebrating the beautiful assist their friend just gave, Sandra had jumped on her chair and was hitting the wall, while Mapi and Leila were pushing each other.

"That's our best fucking friend!" Mapi and Leila were jumping up and down, celebrating.

Aitana, Patri and Sandra all stopped with what they were doing and looked at the two defenders jumping up and down.

"What?" Patri asked them.

Mapi and Leila stopped their celebration and looked at the three in question. "What?"

"Your best friend?" Sandra got down from the chair and looked at the two with Aitana and Patri behind her.

"Yeah. Well, she's our best friend." Leila shrugged.

"She's ours as well!" Aitana got in front of Sandra now.

I remained seated and watched my friends fight over my girlfriend with a smile on my face. My focus got pulled to the screen again and saw said girl celebrating her teammates goal. She pointed with her pointer finger to the camera and quickly drew a messy heart and blew a kiss to it.

"It's cute." Jenni hummed, grabbing my attention. I turned around to face her.

"What?" I gave the forward a confused look.

"Her celebration." Jenni nodded at the screen. A smile covering my face.

"Yeah, it is."

Ellie's pov:

"We're well in extra time. If the States wanna end Ellis' legacy with a win they have to do it now."

I stood near the center of the field with my hands on my knees, taking a breather. Alyssa had the ball and was about to kick the ball into the field again.

The ball headed my way so I got myself ready to receive it, pushing my defender away a bit. I controlled the ball with ease and took off down the field. There weren't many options up on reaching the box so I decided to take my own shot.

"Queen storms towards the goal. Brilliant dribble from the young captain. Ooh what a tackle! The young captain takes a huge hit."

The tackle itself didn't hurt that much. It was more the impact of the fall that knocked the wind right out of me. The fall must have looked quite spectacular because my teammates were by my side in a flash.

In Spain there was a certain hot Spanish midfielder going crazy as well. The moment I went down, she and my other Barcelona teammates jumped up at their feet, some more vocal than others. Alexia was quiet, not a word came out. She was simply praying that I would get up.

"Eleanore gets the ball from Rapinoe. That's a lot of confidence from Rapinoe in her captain. This free kick will be the last chance. Will the young captain take it?"

I placed down the ball and took some steps back, taking it all in. The referee was still giving out some pointers and breaking up some small disagreements here and there. I closed my eyes and took one last breath.

"You got this" Alexia mumbled to herself.

"AAAAAH!" The crowd roared once the ball hit the back of the net.

I was shocked. I actually did it. The ref blew her whistle, ending the game and my teammates swarmed me, jumping on me, screaming their asses off.

We did it! We won. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 72 29
It's been 5 months since the World Cup. Alex and Tobin are planning their wedding, preparing for the day they go to court with Andy, and thinking abo...
14.3K 277 16
17 year old Maisie turner leaves her home in Edinburgh to join Arsenal as she tries to escape her childhood that left scars mentally and physically s...
10K 184 32
When 13 year old Scarlette Adelina bronze lawson finds out the truth what happens to her stable life living with her grandparents? The way her dad di...
377K 9K 68
It has been one year since your wedding day and if you're thinking your married, sorry to say, but you're not. It has been one year since Alex Morgan...