The Road to the Imperial Exam...

By MarygraceDumasis

"The Road to the Imperial Examination for a Poor Family   Lin Yuanqiu assumes the role of a five-year-old chi... More

1-5 page
6-10
11-15
16-20
21-25
26-30
31-35
36-40
41-45
46-50
51-55
56-60
61-65
66-70
71-75
76-85
86-95
96-100
101-105
106-110
111-115
201-205
206-210
211-215
216-220
221-225
116-120
226-230
231-235
236-240
121-125
Epilogue
Epilogue 2
126-130
131-135
136-140
141-145
146-155
156-160
161-165
166-170
171-175
176-180
181-185
186-190
191-195
196-200
Epilogue 3
Epilogue 4
Epilogue 5
The End

241-244

269 5 0
By MarygraceDumasis

Anyone who uses the pretext of a woman's infidelity to do whatever he wants with a woman, including dipping her in a pig cage, shall be treated as a murderer.
  The deterrent effect of these words is quite large.
  At this time, many clans, especially the heads and elders of the Zhao, Chen and Yang clans who had suffered a loss in front of the prefect, became even more cautious, fearing that the prefect would take advantage of them and punish them to death.
  ······
  After posting the notice, Lin Yuanqiu, unwilling to give it a try, quickly wrote a letter to Zhang Gui, and then arranged for all the servants in the house to go out.
  After Zhang Gui received the letter, he immediately got busy following Lin Yuanqiu's instructions.
  Later, a story spread in the capital that the husband's family was fond of the new and disliked the old, and deliberately wrongfully accused his wife of committing adultery and then killed her.
  The person who sent the message also added at the end, "Don't tell me, this method is really good. Our Da Jing Dynasty law allows the victims to use lynching on women who have lost their virginity." When the others heard this, they did not dare to agree,
  " We can't have such thoughts."
  The messenger laughed, "What are you afraid of? The law can't cure us anyway."
  After that, Zhang Gui, who had thick eyebrows and a long beard, left.
  Everyone in the teahouse was left to discuss it, and within a few days, the matter spread to every corner of the capital.
  At the same time, people in other states and cities are also talking about this murder case. Many of them were complaining about the Xiao family and felt that the Yang family and his son were too much.
  And on this point where the victims could resort to lynching, there were several groups of people with different opinions. Most of them felt that the matter had nothing to do with them, and whether they were lynched or not was definitely not related to them, so they didn't care.
  Some people think that this should be the case, otherwise without restraint, the world would still be in chaos.
  Another group of people with different opinions retorted, "That's why there are lawsuits about indiscriminately charging people with adultery charges and taking other people's lives privately. If you ask me, this is really messed up. "
  Supporters of lynching felt that the other party was deliberately exaggerating, "After all, such unjust cases are rare. You see, we have only heard of this one in so many years." "How do you know that
  those who were wronged in the past were not wronged this time? The prefect of Zhou knew everything, but who could know that Mrs. Xiao was actually framed by her husband's family!"
  So, the two sides, each holding different views, began a new round of expressing their opinions.
  Others who were standing on the sidelines to watch the excitement fell into deep thought after hearing the words "How do you know those people were not wronged before?"
  Because they suddenly remembered that every time someone dealt with an adulterer, everyone was filled with righteous indignation. No one thought about whether something was wronged or not. No matter how much the person involved defended himself, no one was willing to listen. Those who immersed themselves in the pig cage as usual, and those who were killed were still beaten to death. They all felt that this was a matter of course and relief.
  Could it be that anyone among them was really wronged?
  "I'm afraid you don't know that Shizhou Prefect has posted a notice saying that anyone who does this in the future will be treated as a murderer."
  What! murderer?
  Those who were dissatisfied wanted to yell and curse a few words, but when they thought that they were officials, they, the common people, could not afford to offend them, so they had to swallow the words that came to their mouths.
  However, if you can't afford to be an official, you don't need to be afraid of those who disagree with you. As a result, some people got into a quarrel, and some started to fight directly. In addition, people on the side looked at it as a joke, and it was really lively.
  These arguments were naturally expected by Lin Yuanqiu. It is said that he asked Zhang Gui and his servants to publicize this matter everywhere in order to maximize the influence of this matter, and also hope that there will be voices among the people who have the same views as him.
  And according to the news brought back by the servants, it can be seen that the effect is quite satisfactory.
  It is said that one has to strike while the iron is hot. Lin Yuanqiu quickly reported this case to Emperor Jing Kang. The memorial expounded extensively on the disadvantages of lynching. The meaning is self-evident, that is, he hopes that the Holy Emperor will take it seriously. After all, this is all Matters involving human life.
  It was just that three months had passed. At that time, the new rice planted by the people of Shizhou Prefecture was more than one foot high, and there was no movement from Emperor Jingkang's side.
  Alas, Lin Yuanqiu knew that it was so easy to change something so deeply rooted.
  According to what was said before, when rice seedlings began to be cultivated, the imperial court arranged for many people to come over to learn new planting methods.
  In fact, these people were selected from the various state capitals, and they had to stay from planting rice seedlings until the millet was harvested before leaving.
  In order to make it easier for them to follow and learn, Lin Yuanqiu relocated them all to Housi Village. Of course, the place to live was a requisitioned common people's home, and they were given ten taels of silver for half a year. This was an unexpected gain for the villagers of Housi Village.

  So everyone discussed, two families squeezed into one house, and a dozen houses were freed up for the government. The ten taels of silver earned by each house were naturally divided equally between the two families living together.
  As for the question of whether two families can live together in one place, there is no need to think about it. Thanks to the prefect, the villagers in Housi Village all have houses in the city. As long as all the female family members live in the city, only the old men who farm the land will be left in the village.
  ······
  Since Shizhou Prefecture has adopted new planting methods this year, it is common for Lin Yuanqiu to be away from home for several days in a row.
  Therefore, Lin Yuanqiu felt unspeakable guilt every time he saw Yurou's pregnant belly.
  I thought that this time I would be able to make up for the regret of missing Shang Huaibao's childhood companionship. Unexpectedly, I was busier than last time.
  Zhong Yurou naturally knew what her husband was thinking, but she didn't feel there was anything pitiable about herself.
  My husband is busy with official duties every day, so it is normal for him to have no time to spend with himself. What's more, his grandmother and mother-in-law are always by his side, and the servants in the family are particularly dedicated in terms of food and care.
  That’s why I’m not so pretentious. ⊥This⊥work⊥⊥ is written by⊥si⊥Rabbit⊥online⊥read⊥read⊥Internet⊥friend⊥organize⊥upload⊥upload⊥Besides,
  Zhong Yurou is busy with things every day with her mother-in-law, so how can she have time? Don’t think too much about your husband’s company.
  It turned out that just last month, Mrs. Wu proposed to open an embroidery workshop in Fucheng, and she, her third daughter-in-law, and her grandson-in-law would manage it together.
  As for whether she could earn money or not, that was secondary. Wu felt that since the Holy Emperor had given her a royal decree, she would always do something to help the women in the city who had lost their source of livelihood.   With this in mind, the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law naturally did not waste any time. So although the workshops in the city have not yet been organized, the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law are already busy proofing the embroidery.   ······ Chapter 228 Disease
  Feng and Zhong Yurou were naturally very supportive of their mother-in-law (grandmother)'s idea. It was said that they were also born in the fourth rank, and of course they also had the responsibility to help poor women. Feng and Zhong Yurou knew that because of the existence of two embroidery workshops in Yongning Prefecture and Dinghu County, many women who had no choice but to work hard and not complain finally gained the right to have a say in the family.

  One month after the Spring Festival ended, Lin Yuanqiu received a letter announcing the good news from Wang Wenchang. Ranked 62nd in the general examination and 59th in the second place in the palace examination, which is considered a good result.
  In addition to Wang Wenchang, Liu Qingan and Zhang Yuan also won Jinshi this time. However, the three of them failed to pass the imperial examination, so none of them entered the Hanlin Academy. Before sending the letter, Wang Wenchang and Zhang Yuan were waiting for their release or stay in Beijing.
  Lin Yuanqiu quickly informed his grandparents and parents about the good news that his brother-in-law had passed the Jinshi examination. Thinking that now there were three Jinshi masters in the family, Lin Sanzhu was overjoyed. But after hearing that their son-in-law might be released, Lin Sanzhu and Feng immediately became worried again.
  In the past few years in Saibei, the couple naturally knew that although there was more freedom in the place, it was not easy to manage the place well. Thinking that their youngest daughter and two grandsons would definitely be released together, Lin Sanzhu and Feng became even more worried.
  The couple suddenly felt that even if their children had grown up, got married and had children, there was never a time when they, as parents, did not worry about their children.
  ······
  On the day Erbao was born, Lin Yuanqiu happened to be at home. Mrs. Feng said bluntly that her second grandson was good at choosing the right time. Otherwise, if he had chosen to be born when the rice ears were in full bloom, his father would have been busy outside.

  Lin Yuanqiu had already planned for things that Feng didn't know about, so no matter how busy he was during this period, he would only arrange for others to go.
  It wasn't that Lin Yuanqiu was being overly cautious, but that it was really dangerous to have a baby. How could he feel relieved if he wasn't by his side.
  Fortunately, mother and child were safe. Although she did not give birth to the daughter she had longed for, Lin Yuanqiu was already happy to see her.
  For him at this moment, there is nothing more reassuring than that his wife gave birth smoothly and the child is healthy.
  And Lin Yuanqiu believed that his second treasure must have brought good luck. No, as soon as the midwife took the son out to show his father, Ping An quickly came over to report that there was an official document coming from Beijing.
  This kind of thing must not be delayed. After Lin Yuanqiu put his red-faced son in his mother's arms, he quickly went to the front office.
  I originally thought it was about rice planting, but when Lin Yuanqiu opened the official document and took a look, he immediately smiled.
  Haha, my wish has finally come true. Your Majesty is indeed a wise king!
  It turned out that Emperor Jing Kang's reply to the murder case of the Yang family and his son reported by Lin Yuanqiu was that there was no need to wait for Qiu Hou to kill such a bad lawbreaker, and he should be executed directly.
  In addition to this, Emperor Jingkang also wrote in an official document that in the future, anyone who takes the life of a woman without authorization on the grounds of women's morality, regardless of whether the situation is true or not, will be punished with homicide.
  This is broader than the reason for adultery mentioned in Lin Yuanqiu's previous notice. Because womanhood includes chastity, filial piety, humility and diligence. What Emperor Jing Kang meant was that no matter what mistakes someone made, even if it was a capital crime, the government still had it, and no one had the right to lynch people to take their lives.
  Lin Yuanqiu naturally wanted to obey the Holy Emperor's order. He immediately asked his clerks to make multiple copies of the regulations in the official document, and then ordered the government officials to quickly post them to the counties under his jurisdiction.
  Then came the execution of the Yang family father and son. Lin Yuanqiu turned around and ordered He Tongpian, "Inform the prison that Yang Yancheng and Yang Zhi, the nephew's wife-killing criminals, will be executed tomorrow!" He Tongpian responded and quickly made arrangements
  .
  In addition to informing the prison of preparations before execution and posting notices for execution, the other arrangement was to go to the prisoner's home to inform him of today's farewell and tomorrow's body collection.
  Logically speaking, after learning that my grandfather and father were going to be beheaded, as the current head of the Yang family, the eldest lady of the Yang family should come to see them off. But until Landlord Yang and his son had finished eating, no one came to the house except an old servant who came to bring clothes and food.
  The father and son were so angry that they cursed and said that the money-losing losers born to Mr. Xiao were too unfilial.
  The old servant stood aside, patiently waiting for the two of them to finish scolding each other, and then said what the eldest lady asked him to say again, "Old lady, sir, the eldest lady said that she will donate all of her cousin's property. Don't leave a penny. Also, the eldest lady bought you two a separate piece of Feng Shui land three months ago. After the old slave leads people to collect the bodies tomorrow, they will bury the old man and the old man there directly. The eldest lady said, the ancestral graves I won't let you two in, lest the ancestors of the Yang family will blame her."
  Upon hearing these heart-wrenching words, Landlord Yang and his son almost lost their temper on the spot, and kept cursing the misfortune of their family. Why did the Yang family have such an unfilial daughter?
  The old servant said nothing, thinking who could blame him? The old man and the old man could only live a good life, but they had to do such a thing that was seeking money and killing people.
  The master was even more cruel, and he was even cruel to his wife, whom he had married for more than ten years. It was no wonder that the eldest lady was so angry that she didn't even bother to come over to see him for the last time.
  ·······
  Early on the second morning, Xishikou was particularly lively, and Tongsi Street connected to Xishi was already crowded with people.
  Previously, Landlord Yang and his son were sentenced to be beheaded by the Queen of Autumn. The common people knew about it, but they didn't expect that they would be beheaded in a few months.
  "Didn't you see the notice posted at the city gate? The superiors said, in advance

The execution of the Yang family father and son was an order from the emperor. "
  In the teahouse, a middle-aged man who looked like a scholar told the tea guests what he saw on the notice. When he said the word "Holy Lord", the middle-aged scholar also bowed in the direction of the capital. After hearing this,
  the other tea guests said one after another:
  "No wonder why I said it was so early. "
  " The emperor personally ordered the beheading, and the Yang family's father and son deserved their death. "
  I don't even think about whether it's a loss or not. Now there are only three little girls left in their family. In the future, I'm afraid..." What the
  tea guest said was understood by everyone present. Who doesn’t know that after Yang You’s death, his family property returned to Landlord Yang, but there was no one to help guard it. How could the three sisters keep the property? At noon, the Yang family and his son were taken to the West
  City , at a quarter past noon, Lin Yuanqiu came over in an official sedan. At
  three quarters past noon, it was the time for the prisoner to commit suicide. Before that, Lin Yuanqiu reiterated with the people at the scene the law that no one should be lynched. Then
  he did not delay and seized the execution The token was thrown out. Seeing this, the executioner quickly raised his knife and dropped it. Hearing only two "clicks", the Yang family and his son finally paid for their lives for what they had done. What the people didn't expect was that the execution was going on here
  . As soon as it was over, three girls wearing mourning clothes knelt down in front of the prefect.
  Everyone was discussing that these three should be the granddaughters of Landlord Yang.
  However, they saw the girl in the lead, who was about eleven or twelve years old, holding a wooden tree in her hand. Box.

  When they heard that the eldest lady of the Yang family was going to donate all of her cousin's property, everyone present suddenly became uneasy.
  Darling, there are a lot of fields, houses and shops here.
  Just donate them all and don't want them all. Huh?
  Ouch, this is really a waste of money.
  Lin Yuanqiu was a little impressed by the little girl in front of him. At such a young age, she knew how to give away the hot potato in front of the people in the city. Without these eye-catching things, she stared back at her house. There will definitely be fewer people, and as the prefect, since he has accepted the donation from the little girl, he will definitely pay more attention to her family in the future, and others will not dare to bully her easily.
  Looking at the expectant little girl in front of him, Lin Yuanqiu sighed inwardly. Alas, it is not easy to shoulder the burden of the family at such a young age.
  However, their yamen will definitely not accept donations from ordinary people. After all, they have stayed in Shizhou Mansion for many years. Officials who come in the future still don't know how they will deal with these properties, so the yamen must not accept these.
  But Lin Yuanqiu also knew that if he didn't remove these risk factors from the girls, it was hard to say what would happen in the future.
  After thinking for a moment, Lin Yuanqiu quickly thought of a solution.
  I saw him reaching out to take the wooden box. After seeing the house deed and land deed inside, he smiled and said to the little girl of the Yang family, "The yamen does not accept donations from the common people. How about this, I use your family's property Let's build a private school for girls. This house will be used as a school building. As for the harvest of the fields and the rent of the shop, they will all be used for various expenses of the private school, including the cost of hiring a wife. By then, the city will Girls, no matter whose family they belong to, can come to private schools for free, what do you think?"
  There is no reason why the Yang family girl should not accept such a good suggestion.
  So, the matter of opening a private school for girls was decided.
  Many people present were a little excited when they heard that their children could go to school for free. Although boys are not the ones who can go to school, it is also a good thing for girls to be literate so that they can study well in the future. Got married.
  ······
  The ears of rice grow rapidly in June, and begin filling in July. By August, the rice is ready for harvest, and the fields look brightly yellow.
  During these days, farmers throughout Shizhou Prefecture are immersed in a joyful atmosphere. Compared with previous years, the rice ears in the fields are visibly heavier than last year, so this year's rice production is definitely higher than before.
  What’s more, after decades of farming, this is the first time they can return rice to the granary in August.
  The current situation is exactly as the prefect said. If we hurry up, we can still harvest a crop of radishes before the heavy snow comes. Then we can bake them into slices and stir-fry them, or cut them into strips and use them directly with salt. Pickled, they are all very good.
  Thinking like this, the farmers in each village acted quickly and harvested their own grains quickly.
  The harvest scene in front of them is extremely shocking to people from other states who come to learn planting.
  To be honest, before coming to Shizhou Prefecture, including when the rice was yet to be filled, they had doubts about the fact that the rice yield per mu was 140 to 50 kilograms more than before. I always feel that there may be an increase in grain, but it will never reach such a large amount.
  However, facts speak louder than words. When all the grains from the first acre of rice were removed, they all participated in the weighing, but the final weight of 453 pounds made everyone present feel out of breath.
  The officials who were worried that they had weighed the wrong things hurriedly weighed them again, and the results were no more, no less, still the same weight.
  Therefore, the farmers who really couldn't contain their joy couldn't help but have red eyes. From now on, they can finally have enough to eat.

  After harvesting, every household took the time to dig the ground and scatter the radish seeds.
  When the rice is dried, it's time to pay the field tax. Lin Yuanqiu specially staggered the tax payment days for villagers in each village, so that they would not have to crowd together and wait for more time.
  Not surprisingly, this year's land tax revenue in the entire Shizhou City was more than double that of previous years.
  Knowing that the Holy One was waiting for the results of the grain harvest here, Lin Yuanqiu immediately reported to the capital after counting the total number of grain harvests and the exact number of taxes paid by farmers in Shizhou Prefecture.
  Emperor Jingkang was delighted when he saw the bumper harvest reported in the memorial, and immediately made plans to popularize the new planting method next year.
  ······
  After busy with the grain production in the fields, Lin Yuanqiu finally had a lot of free time.
  Lin Moyi was so happy that his father could always be with him at home. When he sees his father drawing, the little guy will follow him with a brush and doodle.
  Although nothing he painted looked like anything, Lin Yuanqiu had it all up to him. The child was still young, and developing hobbies was the most important thing now. As for painting, if you practice more, you will naturally get better at painting in the future.
  Zhong Yurou was still the same as when she gave birth to her eldest son. She felt that it was better to feed the child by herself, so she did not hire a wet nurse to feed the second child. Lin
  Yuanqiu naturally has no objection to his wife’s actions. In other words, no matter what decision his wife makes, Lin Yuanqiu always raises his hands. Supported.
  What's more, Lin Yuanqiu also had the same idea as Zhong Yurou. Only if such a young child sleeps with them, can he feel more at ease only if he takes it with him.
  Lin Moyi, on the other hand, was a little jealous when he saw his mother sleeping with her brother in her arms. But when he heard that he slept with his father in the same bed later, he immediately covered his mouth and started snickering.
  Haha, now I can let my dad tell stories every night.
  ······
  Time has entered the twelfth lunar month in a flash. The winter in Saibei is extremely cold, and the cold wind blows on my face like an ice knife.
  In the late twelfth lunar month, the workshops in Yongning City and Dinghu County had a holiday, and Lin Dazhu and Lin Erzhu took their wives and children back to Shizhou Mansion to prepare for the New Year.
  The first thing they did after arriving home was naturally to see the long-awaited family photo.
  After several months of careful drawing, Lin Yuanqiu has completed a family portrait of thirty people.
  Due to the realistic painting method of sketching, each person in the picture is almost 10% like himself, which made Lin Dazhu and others praise Yuan Qiu as a good painter.
  Lao Lintou and Wu looked at it over and over again, especially Wu. When she saw the phoenix crown and harem she was wearing in the painting, she felt indescribable the joy in her heart.
  Thinking of the embroidery workshop run by her, her third daughter-in-law, and her youngest granddaughter-in-law, Wu felt that her life now was more fulfilling than ever before.
  ······
  I originally thought that this year’s New Year’s Eve would be joyful again, but on the 26th of the twelfth lunar month, Lin Yuanqiu suddenly received a letter from the teacher.
  Intuitively, he felt that this letter must have something important to say, otherwise he had only received the teacher's letter at the end of October. Normally, he would not have written another letter so soon.
  When he opened the letter, Lin Yuanqiu saw that the letter contained a lot of academic content, which was even more unusual because the teacher had never written to discuss this with him since he was released.
  Finally, Lin Yuanqiu saw a few words on the letterhead that seemed to be written larger than the others. He quickly read them, and then his heart skipped a beat, because these words formed a sentence: "After winter comes." Holy disease."

  ······

Chapter 229 The New Emperor
  In the days that followed, Lin Yuanqiu's thoughts were all in the capital, and he kept hoping that the Holy Emperor's health would improve.
  To be honest, Lin Yuanqiu was really not ready to welcome the new round of emperors.
  But thinking of His Majesty's age, he knew in his heart that all he could do was hope.
  In this world, there is no choice but to live, grow old, sick, or die. If an older person really wants to leave, you can't keep them just because you want to.
  The clearer this became, the more uncomfortable Lin Yuanqiu felt.
  The Holy One was kind to him, and Lin Yuanqiu could be sure that many of his political achievements were inseparable from the Holy One's encouragement in addition to his own efforts.
  Just like when he was sent to Yongning City, he was both the governor of the state and the parent officer of Dinghu County. The reason for this arrangement was also because of the trust of the Holy Emperor in him.
  Although this approach made it difficult for Lin Yuanqiu to govern, it was precisely because of this that he had a platform to flex his muscles, and it also gave him the opportunity to make political achievements that annihilated the Shanrong people and boosted the economy of one party.
  Therefore, Lin Yuanqiu was always grateful to Emperor Jingkang.
  The happy thing was that in March he received another letter from the teacher, saying that the saint's health had improved.
  This made Lin Yuanqiu a lot happy, but in his reply to the teacher, Lin Yuanqiu still told him to pay more attention to safety.
  It's not that he is being alarmist. Even if the Holy Emperor's illness has recovered now, given his age, the next court will definitely not be peaceful.
  Regardless of whether the content of the history books is falsified or not, one thing is certain. Since ancient times, there will be all kinds of instability when the imperial power changes. At this time, those officials who are close to the princes will definitely follow for them. The master is making his final struggle, and this is the time when Chi Yu is most vulnerable to disaster.
  So you definitely can’t go wrong with being extra careful.
  Lin Yuanqiu would still consider the words in the letter to the teacher, but when writing to his two brothers-in-law, Lin Yuanqiu was not polite and directly asked the two of them to stay at home after their shift, and to go out as little as possible on holidays unless necessary.
  In the hearts of Zhou Zixu and Wang Wenchang, their uncle is not an ordinary existence. Especially after annihilating so many Shanrong thieves, the two of them admire Lin Yuanqiu from the bottom of their hearts.
  Therefore, Zhou Zixu and Wang Wenchang must listen to what their uncle said.
  After the imperial examination, Wang Wenchang was not assigned to a local magistrate like Liu Qing'an and Zhang Yuan, but became a seventh-grade eunuch in the Imperial College.
  The Imperial College was affiliated to the Ministry of Rites, and Lin Yuanqiu knew that Wang Wenchang was able to get this position with the help of his teacher.
  Jian Cheng was in charge of the administration and academic affairs of the Imperial College. According to Wang Wenchang's peaceful and obedient temperament, Lin Yuanqiu felt that this job was quite suitable for him.
  ······
  With the departure of the spring moon, the fiery midsummer has arrived again. At this time, the ears of grain in the ground begin to become full. This is what grouting looks like. In more than a month, it will be the harvest season of food.
  Originally, this should be a happy thing, but these days, Lin Yuanqiu's heart was not at peace.
  Just last month, the teacher wrote to him again. Just like before, it was still because the Holy Spirit gave birth to

I'm sick, and this time it's more serious than the one before.
  According to the teacher, due to the illness of the Holy Master, the morning meeting that was originally held every day has now been changed to once every three days.
  From this point alone, Lin Yuanqiu can be sure that the situation of the Holy Emperor this time is indeed not optimistic. Otherwise, based on Emperor Jing Kang's hard work, if his body can still hold on, he will never be allowed to slack off.
  Lin Yuanqiu still remembered the time when the Holy Master wrestled. At that time, he only rested for a few days before he was busy with government affairs again.
  Thinking about it, almost two months have passed since Teacher Li wrote the letter, and I don’t know how the Holy Master is doing now.
  Until Gusui bent down heavily, there was no news in the capital that the saint was critically ill. This made Lin Yuanqiu couldn't help but breathe a sigh of relief. They all said that no news is good news. I guess the saint's health has improved.
  Perhaps it is due to the difference in climate. Compared with northern Saibei, the rice in the south matures earlier in the morning. Therefore, when the rice harvest begins here, the second crop of rice in the south has been planted for a month.
  After collecting the grain, the next step is to report it to the court.
  This year, all state capitals have adopted new planting methods, and the grain output must be much higher than before. Therefore, when writing the memorial, the officials were excited and impatient at the same time.
  Lin Yuanqiu also made a report. After counting the rice harvest of the entire Shizhou Prefecture, he wrote a memorial to the court.
  After about one planting experience, the total rice output in Shizhou Prefecture this year is better than last year. Lin Yuanqiu thought to himself that the Holy Emperor would definitely be in a happy mood after seeing the data he reported.
  ······
  However, Lin Yuanqiu, who was far away in the north of the Great Wall at this time, did not know that the situation of Emperor Jingkang in the past few days was not optimistic.
  The reason is still because of the usurpation of power caused by the eldest prince.
  These days, officials in the capital can simply be described as panicked. Including Emperor Jingkang, no one expected that Commander Lu of the camp on the outskirts of Beijing was actually a member of the eldest prince.
  Therefore, after knowing that the eldest prince and Commander Lu suddenly rushed into the palace, preparing to kidnap the emperor so that he could write the edict on the Zen throne, everyone could be described as stunned.
  It turned out that the eldest prince became a little anxious after seeing his father asking his third brother to go into the imperial study to help him review the memorial. He felt that his father would allow his third brother to participate in government affairs at this time, and he definitely had plans to make his third brother the prince and hand over the country to his third brother.
  This is not possible. The eldest prince has been preparing for the throne in Jinluan Palace for a long time. How could it fall into the hands of others.
  So at this critical moment, the eldest prince no longer hid, and finally used his long-awaited chess pieces, and soon rushed into the palace with Commander Lu leading the military guards, hoping to force his way to the throne.
  The eldest prince's approach was also very simple. He planned to ask Emperor Jing Kang to write a Zen edict and then put the person under house arrest.
  From the eldest prince's point of view, what he did was not wrong. His father had already reached his old age, and he just wanted his father to take good care of himself.
  As for whether the courtiers believed in his superiority, the eldest prince no longer cared so much. Besides, when he was in power, it was not entirely up to him to decide what to do.
  Emperor Jingkang was not a defenseless person. His son knew it, so since he fell ill, Emperor Jingkang mobilized the Imperial Guard to take turns guarding the palace.
  But how could the strength of the Royal Forest Army be compared with that of the large camp on the outskirts of Beijing? No, within a few rounds, the eldest prince and Commander Lu took control of the entire field.
  Emperor Jingkang, who was lying on the couch and had lost a lot of weight, didn't believe his eyes for a moment when he saw the eldest prince and Commander Lu walking in. Although he heard the ping-pong-pong fighting outside and knew something was going on, Emperor Jing Kang never expected that Commander Lu would be involved.
  As expected, the achievement of winning the championship is attractive.
  Seeing the Zen edict handed over by the eldest prince, Emperor Jingkang immediately understood that his eldest son was preparing to take his place.
  Although Emperor Jingkang no longer had the strength to turn the tide at this time, it was not in line with his temperament to just allow himself to be manipulated like this.
  "Did I always teach you to be so rebellious?"
  Emperor Jing Kang, who looked bad, was still full of anger. Not only did his scolding echo throughout the Yangxin Hall, even the soldiers guarding outside heard it clearly. .
  A roar like thunder made the unsuspecting eldest prince's heart suddenly surge, and he was afraid to say anything for a moment.
  Seeing this, Emperor Jingkang shook his head inwardly. With such courage, if he really wanted to hand over the country to him, his foundation would definitely be difficult to stabilize in the future.
  Compared to the eldest prince's hesitation, Commander Lu was much more decisive. He had staked his fortune and life on Conglong's merit. It would be a good thing if he succeeded this time, otherwise he and his family would be met with disaster.
  Therefore, Commander Lu will never allow himself to take a step back.

  He just heard him say, "I have offended the Holy One," and then he raised his sword without any explanation, ready to hit me hard.
  Before Commander Lu could reach his sword to Emperor Jing Kang's neck, an arrow quickly shot through his chest from behind.
  Perhaps it was because his speed was too fast. After being hit by the arrow, Commander Lu staggered forward uncontrollably for several steps before stopping. He turned around in pain and saw the man he had ordered to stay outside and not be allowed to approach the Yangxin Hall. Lieutenant Zhong, who was half a step away, was standing at the door with a bow in his hand.
  Commander Lu spent his last breath thinking, the arrow stuck in his heart must be the one shot by Colonel Zhong, right?
  Zhong Rong was not a fool. As soon as Commander Lu led them out of the barracks and then met the eldest prince, he realized something was wrong and began to doubt Commander Lu's theory of escorting them.
  When he arrived at the entrance of the palace and heard Commander Lu suddenly ordering a confrontation with the Royal Forest Army, Zhong Rong basically confirmed what he was thinking. This is not to escort him, he is obviously going for the Holy Spirit, okay?
  As for what the eldest prince wanted to do to the Holy Emperor, Zhong Rong made no other guesses other than fighting for the throne.
  The Zhong family has always been loyal to the current emperor, so they will not do anything to cause trouble.
  Thinking of this, Zhong Rong was ready to wait for the opportunity, and then he looked at Zhong Jinan and Zhong Jinhua beside him to hint. As expected of a father and son, the three of them immediately understood each other, so when Zhong Rong walked towards the Yangxin Hall, Zhong Jinan and Zhong Jinhua were covering him.It
  is said that to catch the thief first, catch the king. Without the leading sheep, the rest of the flock is just a mess.
  Seeing that Commander Lu was dead, the soldiers and guards present threw away their swords and guns. Many of them, like Zhong Rong, had also been deceived by Commander Lu's name of escort. Now that they knew the truth, they were naturally eager to get over it as soon as possible.
  Because of this, the eldest prince's close soldiers were quickly subdued.
  Therefore, the eldest prince, who had dreamed of ascending to the throne just a quarter of an hour ago, has now become a nobody in the general public.
  ······
  Perhaps because he was angry, Emperor Jingkang, who was already exhausted, could not even get off the ground the next day.
  After the imperial doctor saw it, he had no choice but to say that the minister was incompetent.
  This means that no medicine can cure anything.
  After hearing this, all the court officials were inevitably sad. Especially old ministers like Qin Yu burst into tears when they learned that the emperor was critically ill. How could the emperor and his ministers not feel uncomfortable after working together for many years? There are also people who are good at digging into camps and quickly plan what will happen after the change.
  Although Emperor Jingkang had not yet appointed a prince, the eldest prince was imprisoned, and the second prince was already out of the game the moment Qiu Youye, Minister of War, was beheaded.
  Judging from the fact that the third prince handled the government affairs on his behalf, everyone knew that if nothing unexpected happened, the next master they would be loyal to would be the third prince.
  Compared to the courtiers who found it hard to accept, Emperor Jingkang was calm. No one has died since ancient times. Although he is called Long Live, no one knows that there is no one in this world who truly lives Long Live.
  Emperor Jingkang thought that he had been in power for more than forty years and that the rivers and seas were clean and the country was peaceful and the people were safe. He had lived up to the trust of the late emperor.
  By the way, there is also the food that the people rely on for survival. Emperor Jingkang quickly thought about this year's rice harvest, and he didn't know how effective the new planting method would be.
  ······
  The courtiers only thought that the Holy Emperor was going to have a grand tour in the near future, but half a month passed, and the dragon bell that made everyone worried has never sounded.

  At this time, everyone couldn't help but think better, wondering whether the Holy Emperor's illness had improved. Only the third prince knew that his father was waiting for food memorials reported from various places.
  However, as the reports from various states arrived in the capital one after another, the third prince also immediately read them to Emperor Jingkang who was on the sickbed. However, the third prince discovered that his father, despite his face, heard that the food harvests in various places exceeded previous harvests. There was a smile on his face, but there was still expectation in his eyes.
  At that time, Emperor Jingkang had been without water for three days, and since yesterday, all the princes and princesses had been guarding the Yangxin Hall.
  Seeing his father holding on for a breath, the third prince suddenly remembered that the memorial from Shizhou Mansion had not been sent yet, so his father was not still waiting for the report there, right?
  Sure enough, as if to confirm the third prince's guess, the corners of Emperor Jing Kang's mouth moved on the couch. The third prince leaned closer to listen and heard the words "Lin Xiuzhuan".
  Li Zhen burst into tears. He remembered what his father said to him at the beginning of the year. My father said that he hoped that the rice harvest in Shizhou Prefecture would be even better this year.
  What Li Zhen was thinking at that time was that such a good harvest was unprecedented, and it would be difficult to surpass it again.
  But Emperor Jingkang didn't think so. It was said that the first time they grow, the second time they ripen. The further back they go, the more advanced their planting experience will be. It is not impossible to surpass the previous ones.
  On September 29th, the memorial from Shizhou Mansion was finally delivered.
  Taking the report from Eunuch Wu, the third prince quickly went to the bedside. At this time, Emperor Jingkang was already on his deathbed. When he heard the three words "Shizhou Mansion", he moved his eyelids.
  Seeing this, the third prince did not waste any time. After unfolding the memorial, he read loudly, "Wei minister Lin Yuanqiu, the prefect of Shizhou Prefecture, reported to your Majesty that this year's rice harvest has been completed and the field tax has been collected and collected. Your Majesty, Shizhou Prefecture From the 2,370 hectares of paddy fields, a total of 1,066,500 dan of rice was harvested, which was 1,320 dan more than last year. After reporting this to the Holy One, the ministers were very happy. It is often said that when the year is good, the rice will be harvested. The abundance of cars and crops, the abundance of food is the blessing of the people, and the stability of the world. The great scenery of the country will ensure prosperity for all generations..." Emperor Jingkang had a smile on his lips, and slowly closed his eyes, as if he was asleep
  . generally.
  ······
  The death knell of Emperor Jingkang finally rang, with forty-five clanging sounds, symbolizing the emperor's nine-five-year-old dignity.
  In less than half a cup of tea, white cloth was hung on the door of every house in the city. People consciously put on plain clothes, and the lanterns at home were also replaced with white. Thinking of Emperor Jingkang's diligent service to the people, all the people couldn't help crying.
  After ascending to the palace, the funeral official was appointed. Hundreds of civil and military officials dressed in plain clothes entered the palace to express their condolences, and the emperor's family wept like a ritual. The funeral official began to take care of Emperor Taizong's funeral affairs. Taizong is the temple name of Emperor Jingkang, which means carrying forward the ancestor's legacy.
  A country cannot live without a king for a day. The emperor's funeral was an irreversible fact. For the courtiers of the Great Jing Dynasty, this was not the time to cry with sadness. The top priority was to support the new emperor to inherit the throne and bring peace to the world.
  Emperor Taizong's last edict was soon announced to the world in the presence of cabinet ministers. As the courtiers suspected, the candidate for the new emperor was none other than the third prince Li Zhen.
  The courtiers immediately knelt down and saluted the new king, saying, "Long live my emperor!"
  As for the day of his enthronement, they had to wait for the auspicious day to be chosen by Qin Tian.
  The new emperor quickly issued the first imperial edict, ordering Zhong Rong to take over the post of commander of the camp in the suburbs of Beijing and be responsible for the security of the capital during the funeral of the late emperor.
  The courtiers were not surprised by this arrangement. They still remembered that on the day the eldest prince usurped the throne, it was all thanks to Captain Zhong to save the day, so it was normal for the new emperor to entrust him with important tasks.
  I just don’t know when Zhong Xiaowei was used by the Holy One.
  Zhong Rong ignored the speculations of others. He still had the same idea as before, that is, he was only loyal to the current emperor.
  ····

Lin
  Yuanqiu learned the news on the third day after the death of Emperor Jingkang. Although he was mentally prepared, when it actually happened, he still felt a little sudden and uncomfortable.
  The government office quickly posted a national mourning notice. During this period, both officials and ordinary people were not allowed to have fun for one hundred days and were not allowed to slaughter for seven or forty-nine days. During national mourning, brightly colored clothes are also not allowed. As for the marriage, it can only be postponed until a hundred days later.
  It is now October, and the hundred days just include New Year's Eve and the entire first month of the coming year. Therefore, it is rare that the Lin family does not have a festive atmosphere during this year's New Year.
  ·······
  On the eighth day of February, Li Zhen officially ascended the throne and proclaimed himself emperor, changing the country's name to Jingchang. Chang means prosperous and prosperous, implying the future prosperity of Da Jing Dynasty.
  In the eyes of the courtiers, when a new emperor ascends the throne, it is natural that he must take some actions, such as eliminating the influence of several other princes, and then lavishing awards and favors on close associates to consolidate his power.
  What is surprising is that Emperor Jingchang did not do this. Except for Amnesty to the World and Kai Enke, Emperor Jingchang only granted one male and one uncle. The "gong" was naturally the queen's natal family. According to convention, the queen's His father was named Chengen Gong. The person who was conferred the title of Uncle Jing Yuan was really surprising. It was only today that the courtiers knew that Commander Zhong actually saved the Holy Lord, who was the third prince at that time, when he was in Yongning Prefecture.
  I have to say, this man is really lucky.
  ·······
  In the past few days, Lin Yuanqiu has been wondering why he has not received the documents for his return to Beijing to report on his work.
  He has been serving as the prefect of Shizhou for three years. Logically, the official report on his duties should have been issued to him years ago.
  Lin Yuanqiu wondered whether it was because he was busy with the late emperor's funeral that the report of his duties was postponed.
  Unexpectedly, within two days, an imperial edict suddenly came from the capital. The official who announced the decree was Xiao Guizi. Lin Yuanqiu had met him when the third prince came to Saibei.
  But at this moment, Lin Yuanqiu's mind was entirely focused on the imperial edict, because he had been promoted. The emperor had promoted him two levels and directly appointed him as the Minister of the Ministry of Revenue, and he would take office in two months. Therefore, he was about to Back to the capital.
  Thinking that when they went back, they would set off as a whole family. Lin Yuanqiu did not delay. After seeing off the father-in-law, he quickly returned to Houya and told his grandparents, parents, and Yurou about the matter.
  By the way, thinking of the good news Xiao Guizi told him, Lin Yuanqiu hurriedly said to his wife, "Yurou, the Holy Father has given the title of Uncle Jingyuan to my father-in-law." Hearing that his father was actually given the title of Prince Jingyuan, Zhong Yurou didn't react for a moment
  . After seeing the determined look in her husband's eyes, Zhong Yurou couldn't help but blush. She still remembered her father's difficulties when he was at the Jingzhou camp. Now his father has finally achieved something.
  As for Lin Sanzhu, he was already overjoyed because his son had been promoted to a high official. Now, coupled with the big happy event of his in-laws, his smiling mouth never closed.
  Mrs. Feng was also full of joy, happy for her son, and also for her two young grandchildren. Her Mo Yi and Mo Yan now have a grandpa who acts as uncle.
  Lao Lintou and Wu were naturally laughing so hard that they couldn't even see their eyes.
  But after a while, Mrs. Wu couldn't help but become anxious, "Hey, you said we have to go back to the capital, what should we do with the workshop?"
  Upon hearing this, Ms. Feng immediately became anxious, "Yes. Oh, what should we do with our embroidery workshop? We just hired about ten more embroidery workers the day before yesterday. It's hard to let them all go back." Besides, there are
  many people employed in the embroidery workshop to do embroidery work now. If it suddenly closed, I think these women would be very sad.
  Thinking of the smiling faces of the women every time when wages were paid, Zhong Yurou also felt that closing the workshop would not be a problem, but she could not think of a good way.
  Regarding the arrangements for the workshop, Lin Yuanqiu had actually already made plans in his mind, so he quickly gave his own ideas.
  When they heard that the workshop was handed over to Xiu'e and the others, Wu, Feng, and Zhong Yurou couldn't help but nod, yes, why hadn't they thought of such a good idea?
  In this way, they don't have to worry about female workers losing their money-making jobs.
  Xiu'e and the others had learned a lot of embroidery patterns from them before, so it was not difficult to run the workshop well.
  What's more, merchants will come directly to collect the finished embroidery. Xiu'e and the others only need to lead others to complete the embroidery work.
  Now that she had made up her mind, Mrs. Wu did not delay and quickly asked her mother-in-law to invite Xiu'e and others to come over so that they could discuss the workshop together. →Think→Rabbit→Online→Read→Read→
  Lao Lintou sent his servants to inform the eldest master and the second master that their family was about to return to the capital.
  ······
  For Xiu'e and the others, it was an unexpected and happy event to take over the workshop.
  Although they are living a happy life now, the twenty-seven former mountain wives, including Xiu'e, will never forget the tragic experience in Wushan. So they hope that they can take over the good deeds of the old lady and them and help poor women.
  As for the manpower to manage the embroidery workshop, there is no need to worry. Counting the peach blossoms who married to Dinghu County, there are twenty-seven of them. Plus their respective husbands, there are more than fifty people. With such a With so many manpower, there is no need to worry about running the workshop poorly.
  Therefore, within three days, the handover was completed between Shizhou Mansion and Yongning City, as well as the three workshops in Dinghu County.
  Regarding the next candidate for Shizhou Prefect, Emperor Jingchang did not send another official, but directly promoted Gao Tongzhi to the position of prefect. He Tongsuan was also promoted one level, and now he is He Tongzhi.
  Gao and He knew that the reason why they were promoted this time was all because of the new rice planting method, which was because of Lord Lin's credit.
  It was a long way to the capital, and he was worried that his parents would not be able to bear the travel on the road. As before, Lin Sanzhu went to the drug store to buy ginseng and came back. Except for the children at home, everyone else stewed the soup and drank it several times, including Qin Xiucai.
  ······
  On the day Lin Yuanqiu left, Gao Zhifu and He Tongzhi came to see him off early, as well as all the scribes and government officials.
  There were many people waiting at the gate of the government office. When they saw the prefect coming out in a carriage, many people couldn't help but shed tears.
  Thinking about the new houses in the city, and then thinking about the current warehouses full of grains, all these are because they have a prefect who is dedicated to the people.
  Lin Yuanqiu saw many familiar faces in the crowd, including the three Yang sisters, the villagers of Housi Village, and, yes, Xiu'e and the others.
  Looking at the babies in their arms, Lin Yuanqiu quickly remembered how happy his grandmother was every time she heard that one of Xiu'e and the others had given birth to a baby.
  Seeing you off thousands of miles away, we must say goodbye in the end. Lin Yuanqiu bowed his hands to everyone and said goodbye. After saying goodbye to everyone, he picked up his robe and got into the carriage.
  The driver raised his whip, and the carriage clattered toward the city gate.
  "Master, look!"
  Ping An and the coachman were sitting at the front of the car. When he saw many people standing at the city gate, he couldn't help but exclaimed.
  Hearing this, Lin Yuanqiu hurriedly opened the curtain and looked outside, only to see that the usually empty city gate was now darkly filled with people.
  They were all people who saw him off.
  When Lin Yuanqiu saw the young men in the escort, he realized that these people were not only from Shizhou Prefecture, but also many people from Yongning City and Dinghu County.
  After a while, three old men from Dinghu County, Yongning Prefecture, and Shizhou Prefecture came over, each holding a red umbrella covered with fine cloth strips. Their solemn appearance made Lin Yuanqiu immediately think of These red umbrellas are unusual.
  Lin Yuanqiu's heart was beating hard, and tears could not help but fill his eyes.
  This should be the Wanmin Umbrella, right?
  Unexpectedly, the people actually sent him the Wanmin Umbrella.
  This is the best affirmation for one's governance. Lin Yuanqiu suddenly felt that all the hard work he had put in over the years in Saibei was worth it.
  The spring breeze in April brought warm sunshine, which warmed the hearts of the people. Looking at the carriage that was driving away, it looked like it was shining brightly under the sunlight.
  (Full text ends)You have finished reading this article.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.4K 5.8K 58
စာရေးသူ - ယွီရှောက်လန်ရှန်း ဇာတ်ဆောင် - ရှန်ချန်းလင် x ချင်ရှောက်ယွီ - ယဲ့ကျင် x ရှန်ချန်းဖုန်း
16.1K 2K 21
Iru dhruvangalilaayirunnj nammal.... Kaalam namukkayi kaathuvecha samayam kandumuttiyavar..... Ninne arinju.... Ninnil alinju chernnavananu inn njan...
30K 500 40
stranger things and it crossover/group chat
3.3K 51 7
https://m.shubaow.net/192/192157/ Author: Bu Bu Ya Category: Rebirth through time travel Release time: 2021-05-13 Latest: Chapter 44 Bei Ning's Rebir...