The Unnamed Queen of Prophecy

By Wise_Cloud

Teiko Middle School. One of the most prestigious middle schools people in Japan can attend. Their basketball... More

-★ Season 1 ★-
The Start of a New Chapter
I Am Serious
It's Better if I Can't Win
Take Care of the Counter Attack!
Your Basketball
Let Me Tell You Two Things
You'll See Something Amazing
Now That I think About It
To Win
I can't Have that
What Is "Victory"?
I Believed In You
You Look Just Like Him
You Look Just Like Him - Part 2
The Queen & Ace
Don't Make Me Laugh
Let's Go
You're All Ridiculous
You're All Ridiculous Part 2
NO!
On To The Next Challenge
I Don't Want To Be
Let's Get Started
I'll Win Even If it Kills Me
Kuroko's Basketball: Tip Off
Kuroko's Basketball: Tip Off (Part 2)
I'm not Mature!
Our Basketball
-★ Season 2 ★-
I never Thought We'd Meet Here
At the Winter Cup
Start!!!
There is Only One Answer
I've Been Waiting For This
I Surpassed You Long Ago
Give Up
I Will Defeat You!!
I Will Defeat You!! (Part 2)
It's Trust
Don't Be Ridiculous
I look Forward To It
Definitely This Time
Definitely This Time (Part 2)
Useless Effort
I Think He's Extremely Happy
We Win Now!
"Would You Mind Doing That Once More?"
"Would You Mind Doing That Once More?" Part 2
I Believe in Him
Like I'd lose
Tell Me
Of Course It's Not Easy
First Basket
It's Obvious
I Don't Want to Lose
Enough
WIN!

It's Not Like That

442 17 27
By Wise_Cloud

(Preview!)

"Yes! Way to go Kagami! Tetsu-kun!" You shouted, raising a fist in the air.

Midorima scowled at the blue-haired man, "Kuroko."

"I'm sorry. I can't let you take the first quarter that easily." Kuroko stated, having a serious face for once.

___________________________

"They can pass like that?" Izuki asked in bewilderment.

Midorima was going to shoot another three but noticed Kuroko already preparing to do his trick again and passed it.

"Thanks to Tetsu-kun's lack of presence, Tetsu-kun's able to pass even from one side of the court to the other! But it only works more effectively if Shin-kun goes for a three." You explained to Riko and the others.

"Shin-kun's team returns to defence during the long hand time of his shots, and that's good for dropping run and gun plays. However, not everyone goes back. Just in case Shin-kun missed, they left someone to rebound the ball. That hand time will turn back on them like karma!" You said.

"So that means, if Shin-kun goes back, Kagami goes back too. We can counter Shin-kun with a really fast break by running past him. That's why Shin-kun can't shoot." You lifted your finger to your lips.

Your face turned serious for what you're about to say, "Kuroko's accuracy is hard to beat when he's in tune. His timing and decision-making for such plays are what make him an amazing player! That's a battle-hardened warrior alright!"

Takao had the ball and passed it to Ōtsubo to get past Izuki and Mitobe and scored a point back.

Izuki and Kuroko got them right back, scoring another. Riko and the others grew happy over the team being able to change the flow of the game.

"Takao, Kimura, change marks." Shutoku's coach told them to change player makes. Takao stopped in front of him, "Takao, get on number 11."

'They're marking Tetsu-kun...?' You suddenly get a bad feeling.

"It doesn't matter who's on him. He's so invisible, anyone would lose him." Kawahara was confused about why they'd change marks.

Riko thought the same while you had a hunch and grew even more worried.

Seeing Takao pass behind him without looking back made you realize something. You knew Izuki felt it as well.

"He has it too...!" You mumbled, 'But it's more different than Izuki's...It's a better version I bet.' You thought.

"I know this would happen. Shin would say it's our fate to fight against each other. I didn't think we'd face each other so soon. It occurred to me to first time we met." Takao spoke to Kuroko since he's the one now marking him.

"You and I are the same kind of person. We're both first-years, too. Passing is our bread and butter. So I guess you could say I hate you because you're like me. I just don't want to lose to you. Especially when such a pretty lady is in my sights." Takao's last phrase slightly shocked Kuroko, but he kept it on the downside.

Kagami noticed the change in marks, "What do you think you're doing? No matter how fast Takao is, that's not the way to handle Kuroko."

"I am already familiar with Kuroko's abilities. You will see soon enough." Midorima stated.

As he said that, Takao caught the ball that was about to be touched by Kuroko. He passed it to his teammate who scored.

"I've never felt this before, but I think...it's because there's something different about you," Takao said.

"I'm sorry. No one has ever that to me before...so I don't know what to say." Kuroko apologized making Takao blink in confusion, "What?"

"But I think I have a similar feeling," Kuroko stated.

"That's too. We're ready to go." Takao smirked before blinking as he grew shocked that Kuroko was out of his sight, "Hey, wait! How rude are you to suddenly disappear like that?" He grew agitated.

"Just kidding."

"Hyuga's free! Go!" Fukuda yelled from the bench.

Kuroko was just about to pass to his captain but something happened. Takao blocked the pass, shocking the sixth phantom man and his team.

You held your breath at how you were right, "Takao's for the same Eagle Eye I have. No. His hawk eye's field of vision is even larger than mine." Izuki explained to Hyuga, that the captain grew shocked someone else than Izuki could possess such an ability and can have a better version of it.

"Kuroko's misdirection relies on redirecting the gaze of other players. However the hawk eye always him to see everything. He's just trying to watch Kuroko. In other words, Kuroko's misdirection doesn't work against Takao." Izuki stated.

"Tetsu-kun...!" You mumbled in worry.

"Seirin, time-out!"

Riko and the others were a little surprised that they could stop Kuroko.

Kagami held onto Kuroko's head, "Oi, don't tell me you're going to keep letting them get you."

"Well, I suppose I don't like it," Kuroko replied.

"That's what I like to hear!" Kagami turned to You and Riko, "Coach! (Y/N)! Let us keep going like this, please."

Both you and Riko gave each other a look, "Like this?" You asked.

"You know your misdirection work work against Takao, right? Are you going to be okay?" Riko asked Kuroko.

"I'm not okay. I have a problem." Kuroko replied honestly.

"Yeah, I see." Riko soon lightly retorted when processing what he said, "I mean, what are you going to do?"

"Time-out over!"

"Take care of Takao." Kagami told Kuroko who nodded, "Okay."

"Tetsu-kun." You said, making him look your way.

"Do not worry too much, (Y/N)-san. We will. And I will beat Takao." Kuroko smiled, taking your hand in his.

"R-Right." You nodded, "J-Just remember the plan, keep at it and do your best o-okay?" You stuttered slightly since his sudden affection had gotten you to stutter.

"It's been a hot minute but the rom-com scenes are back!" Riko cheered, holding up a fist as she dramatically cried at how wholesome you both were.

"Okay." He nodded, "I'm off."

You smiled, "Mhm!"

Back on the court, Takao was marking Kuroko, "Hey, did you come up with a plan?"

"I'm still thinking." Kuroko  replied, eating Takao to be a little taken aback by his bluntness, "You're doing what?"

Izuki tried to pass to Mitobe but his pass was intercepted by a Shutoku player before Takao got the ball scored in the basket.

2 minutes and 52 seconds left in the first quarter. 8 to 13.

"Are the upperclassmen already out of breath?" Furihata said, "It's only the first quarter..." Kawahara grew worried.

"It's okay. This game depends on Kuroko and Kagami, who we had on reserve. However, that's not all." Riko said, before showing a small item in her hand.

"What is that?" Fukuda asked as he and Kawahara looked to see some sort of pin.

"One I broke before." Riko explained, "Broke? But how?" Fukuda asked.

"After we lost last year..." Riko started explaining to the others how she managed to help Hyuga able to make shots even under pressure. With a little help from his Sengoku figurines.

"Who cares about kings? Go die!" Hyuga shouted, scoring another three for the team.

"Yes! Hyuga-san's clutch time is in session!" You cheered.

The first-years on the bench all looked in slight fear from that story, "His personality suffered a little, though. Hyuga will always make important shots." Riko informed.

Ōtsubo tried to pass to his teammate but Kuroko caught the ball. He tried to pass to Hyuga but Takao kept on stealing the ball from him.

"Stealing a steal!" Fukuda said in shock.

"Kuroko's been shut down!" Kawahara said.

'This isn't like Tetsu-kun to make that many mistakes...is it on purpose or something else...?' You thought.

"What are you doing? We are doing everything we can. Defend harder. My shooting range isn't that short." Midorima stated, shooting from the center line.

'The high arc extends Shin-kun's range. That means...The entire half-court is within his shooting range!' You realize, making you notice that your team is at a disadvantage at the moment.

Midorima was back under the basket, "As long as I'm back here, you cannot get behind me with Kuroko's passes." The first-year duo grew shocked at how quickly Midorima found out.

"But it's all irrelevant. My shots are three points, and your counter is only two. Even if we do nothing, the gap will grow wider." Midorima stated, seeing Hyuga pass to Kagami who was now in front of the star shooter.

"You've got something interesting there. But..." Kagami changed his stance, shocking the green-haired male as he saw him shoot from the outside.

Then, Kagami started running towards the ball and dunked it right in since it missed, 'Kags did a one-man-alley-oop! Amazing...!' You thought.

Mitobe and the others praised Kagami for his play, "So nice how nice it was." Izuki made another pun making Hyuga shut him up.

"Izuki, seriously, stop. I'll get our manager to sub you with Coach's approval and make her send you home." Hyuga warned.

16 seconds left for the first half. 13 to 16.

You were writing down more information and stats of each player before you started feeling uneasy. 'What is this...Another vision...? No...I don't need a vision to know what's about to happen.'

"No! Go back!" You yelled but it was too late, Midorima already had his form to shoot from the other side of the court.

"I told you, it'd not that short. My shooting range is the entire court." Midorima shot another three.

"The first quarter is over. Two minutes interval!"

"Kuroko, (Y/N)-chan, has he always been able to do that?" Riko asked you both since you knew Midorima.

"No, I only knew he could shoot as far as the half line. That's the first time I've seen him shoot from there." Kuroko answered, before thanking you for the water bottle.

"You've got me in a pinch, too. To know that Shin-kun has exceeded my estimation of data on him is something alright. But for him to be able to do this, the Generation of Miracles has far improved better than expected, that's for sure." You responded.

"I've seen videos of NBA players making that shot during practice." Izuki groaned at the newly found information.

"The Generation of Miracles is ridiculous." Hyuga groaned as well in slight fatigue.

"How are we supposed to stop that?" Koganei asked in wonder.

"I'm sorry..."

Everyone on the Seirin bench looked at you in slight shock and confusion.

You only kept your gaze on the floor, clutching your clipboard, "I'm sorry...I wasn't any help to you guys..."

Riko looked at you in slight worry, "(Y/N)-chan..."

You closed your eyes before feeling a hand on your head, "Don't be sad, (Y/N)-chan. It's best for you to for us. You have nothing to apologize for." Izuki was seen standing in front of you.

Your eyes widened slightly at his words before feeling relieved, "Izuki-san...Thank You!"

"Of course! A king needs his queen am I right?" He smiled making you blink before getting flustered at what he said.

"H-huh?! W-Wait a minute—" You were cut off when Hyuga hit Izuki on the head.

"Shut up and get your ass back on the court," Hyuga ordered making Izuki shamefully walk back.

"(Y/N)." You perked up when Hyuga called out to you, "Don't feel like it's your only burden. We're a team, we'll figure it out." Seeing his genuine smile made you feel at ease.

"Right!" You smiled.

Kagami could be seen lightly hitting your head with a karate chop, "Ah..." You flinched slightly as the others grew shocked.

"Kagami! Don't hit her!" The players shouted at him.

"Kagami! YOU CAN'T HIT (Y/N)-CHAN!" Riko scolded Kagami.

"Stop feeling like it's your fault when it's not. It's pissing me off. It pisses me off more that you're the one who apologizes for someone else's doing. Stop it." He told you before going back on the court.

Hyuga and Izuki hit his hip and shoulder, "Next time don't hit, (Y/N)!"

You only smiled at the scene, "Huh? Mitobe-san?" You noticed right away when he walked up to you. He started making hand signs, 'Please don't worry too much. You've done enough for us as is.'

You grinned before nodding to him, "Thank you for that." He waved You goodbye and went to the court, going to stop Hyuga and Izuki from tormenting Kagami anymore.

Then Kuroko walked up to you, "(Y/N)-san? May I have your hand?"

You looked in confusion before holding out a hand while the other held the clipboard, "Sure. But what are you—AH!" You grew shocked at what Kuroko did.

The others as well, "Eh..."

"EH?!?"

"KUROKO KISSED HER HAND!"

Riko blushed seeing the scene unfold, "IT'S A ROM-COM I TELL YOU! IT'S A ROM-COM!"

You only started heating up before steam blew out of your ears, making you explode, "SHE EXPLODED!" Hyuga and the others yelled in shock.

"What in the hell kind of drama is this...? Is this how Japanese dramas are...?" Kagami asked himself, his inner American showing up.

In the stand Kise had a clear view of you getting flustered, "Kurokocchi you cheater! I can't be his rival if I haven't gotten the chance to make a move on her!"

Kasamatsu only grew irritated and hit Kise, "Shut up! Worry about the game first!" He scolded before getting serious, "That kid sure got balls to do that."

Midorima only huffed seeing the display, "What a cheap play."

"You jealous, Shin? Huh?! Huh?~" Takao teased.

"Shut your trap, Takao." The taller male told him.

"Fine. Geez." He replied before smirking, "But, at least I know I'm not the only one who's got an eye on her. This'll be fun."

"Tetsu-kun...? What-you-I-Uh..." you couldn't even speak at all.

"You're not alone in this. You're with me, and the team. Please don't feel like it's your responsibility to always give us information. You tried and that's what matters." Kuroko stated shocking you and the others again.

"Tetsu-kun..." you chuckled a little, "Okay, if you're giving me an earful then, it means something. Alright. I'll keep that in my head next time."

"Thank you." He smiled making your heart almost burst, "Tetsu-kun! Please don't smile like that, unless you want to kill me...!"

"Kill you? I'm sorry, I can stop if you want—" You cut him, "NO! Never stop! I mean-uh...It was a figure of speech. Yeah! That." You yelled before regaining your composure.

"ARE WE SURE THEY'RE NOT DATING?!" The benched first-years yelled out.

Riko only smiled, "The best kind of rom-com is when two characters act all lovey-dovey with each other! But with chemistry! THE ARC OF REALIZATION!"

"When did you start getting passionate about this?!" The others yelled at Riko who only giggled at the two first years bonding.

"Alright. If you say so." Kuroko kept your hand in his for a bit before letting go.

"You have to stop Midorima!" Riko told Kuroko who nodded at that.

"I'll bring back a win for you, (Y/N)-san." Kuroko promised to you, "Right!"

"Rom-com: Destined be to together. Season 2 already!" Riko grinned to herself, the others only blinked at her weirdly.

The second quarter is starting and Takao is seen with the ball before passing to Midorima and was being blocked by...

Kuroko!

"You think you can stop me with that?" Midorima asked, easily passing by Kuroko.

Kuroko was going to do a back tip but Takao did a screen with Midorima, "Hey, now. Don't do crude stuff like that!"

"Kuroko's back tip...!" Riko said in shock, "They saw it coming." You pointed it out.

Kagami was there to keep Midorima from shooting. But it was useless as Midorima shot another three.

"Don't get in my way, Takao." The green-haired male told his teammate who only smiled, "Don't be so shy!"

Kagami passed to Kuroko before he tried passing it back to Kagami, but as usual, Takao intercepted the pass.

'Shin-kun's preparing to shoot...!' You thought, seeing Midorima going for another three.

That made you have a flashback to when you were at Teiko.

(Flashback)

"That'd be the dunk. It's the best for the guy doing it and the people watching!" Kise smiled, holding an ice cream.

"Ah." You looked to see the captain of Teiko's basketball team give you an icicle, "Thank you." You smiled at him.

"That's why you are no good. Shooting from farther away is obviously the best since he's worth three points." Midorima interjected.

"Midorima, you're usually smart, but sometimes you can be stupid." Kuroko bluntly spoke up, earning a glare from the star shooter, "What?"

"Kurokocchi, so blunt." Kise sighed.

You covered your mouth from letting your laughter escape, "Pfft!"

"Between two and three points, more is obviously better." Midorima turned to Kuroko.

The blue-haired male who was seen having his back turned to the star shooter turned also, "What are you, a child?" The male with glasses only smirked.

"The truth is simple. I will prove it to you someday." Midorima stated.

(Flashback end.)

Midorima got another three in making his team lead with 24 points, "There it is! That's two in a row for Midorima!"

7 minutes and 35 seconds left.

Seirin - 13

Shutoku - 24

"Izuki! Give me the ball! We can't rely on those two! We have to go for it ourselves!" Hyuga called out to Izuki who passed to him.

Hyuga passed to Mitobe, being blocked by Ōtsubo, he made a hook shot that went in the basket.

"No matter how much you score, you cannot stop my shots." Midorima went for another three but Kagami wouldn't let him.

"No, you don't!" He ran to get to the green-haired male preparing to shoot but was too late as Midorima already started and shot the ball into the basket.

Now it was 15 to 27, 'How are we supposed to stop him...?' Riko asked in her head.

Hyuga noticed Kagami's change in personality, and you realized it as well. 'Kags always laughs when he's up against a strong opponent. But this isn't the same laugh as I've heard before.' You thought before gasping.

'This aura...!' You grew shocked by such an aura emitted from the first year.

'Kagami's onto something!'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.8K 198 51
Tanya Takimoto loved basketball and three more sports as a child, and in middle school played with Teiko middle school basketball club. Though traged...
490K 12.2K 25
Generation Of Miracles x Reader Apart from Kuroko, there was another rumor about the Generation of Miracles. The rumor was named the phantom girl...
371K 8.9K 47
Juri Kurosawa was known as the quiet chubby girl of Teiko Middle School, even though she was close with the strongest basketball team within schools...
69.5K 2.5K 100
A Kuroko no basuke fanfic. Teiko's basketball #2. The basketball club is back! This time with new faces, more drama and all the former craziness. Wil...