ROYAL DARKNESS (MASKED)(18+)

By Ladegatife123

"Leave," Jamari said firmly, her voice resolute. "I have no desire to engage in conversation with you." Reaga... More

CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY ONE
CHAPTER FORTY TWO
CHAPTER FORTY THREE
CHAPTER FORTY FOUR
CHAPTER FORTY FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY SIX
CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN
CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT
CHAPTER FORTY NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
CHAPTER FIFTY ONE
CHAPTER FIFTY TWO
CHAPTER FIFTY THREE
MEET THE CHARACTERS
CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR
CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE
CHAPTER FIFTY SIX
CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN
CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT
CHAPTER FIFTY NINE
CHAPTER SIXTY
CHAPTER SIXTY ONE
CHAPTER SIXTY TWO
CHAPTER SIXTY THREE
CHAPTER SIXTY FOUR

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

930 34 9
By Ladegatife123

I tilted my head to the side, studying the man standing before me. He had grown significantly, but his features remained familiar, which made recognition easy.

The tavern owner, who had witnessed him dispatching the three royal guards, had provided us with information. Tracking him down to this inn hadn't been too challenging. He had undeniably grown stronger, no longer resembling the weak boy I remembered from years ago. He was a changed man.

"I had a hunch this would catch your attention," he remarked with a sly smile. "And I didn't anticipate you recognizing me either, dear sister. It's been many years since our last encounter."

Returning his smirk, I replied, "Forgive me for not revisiting sooner. I'm not one to keep weak children around, but it appears you've grown into something more than that."

He scoffed, his arrogance apparent. "And I thought you'd have grown less arrogant after all these years," he quipped before adding, "Now I see where I get it from."

"How dare you enter my kingdom and harm the very guards who serve the palace, Thorian," I retorted, taking a determined step towards him. "It would be unfortunate to have to harm my own brother. Leave."

"You certainly possess confidence, sister," he replied, closing the distance between us with a step forward. "What makes you think you have the power to harm me?"

We locked eyes, tension mounting, and it was clear we were on the brink of a confrontation. I scoffed, then delivered a hard blow to his head with my hand. "How dare you meet my gaze when you speak, you insolent brat.".

"Ouch," he winced, attempting to shield himself from my relentless assault, but I continued to strike his head.

"You've grown up, and now you have the audacity to speak to me as you please, you little brat!" I scolded, landing more blows before grabbing him by the ears and giving them a hard tug. "Do you suddenly have a death wish, you brat?"

"You're hurting me," he protested.

"Well, you deserve it, you brat!" I retorted sharply. "Just wait until I pull those ears of yours!"

"No, no, no, no!" he pleaded, managing to wriggle free from my grasp and retreating to a corner. "You haven't seen your own brother in years, and this is what you do, beat him up."

"It's what you deserve because you are a brat!" I shouted, preparing to strike him on the head once more. However, to my astonishment, he transformed into a little boy.

The little boy was undeniably cute, with innocent eyes and an endearing smile that contrasted starkly with his earlier arrogance.

"What is this?" I questioned, staring in bewilderment at the boy he had transformed into. "Why do you look like that? Turn back this instant!"

"You wouldn't harm a child, would you?" he inquired, his voice now cute and childish. "Since you wouldn't cease your abuse in my real form, you shouldn't be capable of harming a child. You're not that wicked," he reasoned, gazing at me with his big, innocent brown eyes.

"Well, too bad you're not truly a child!" I retorted, my impulse to kick him suppressed by the sheer adorableness of the child he had become. Then, a thought crossed my mind, and I arched my eyebrows. "Did you consume the soul of a child?"

"No," he replied innocently.

"No," he said innocently, his eyes wide with feigned innocence, as he looked up at me with a mischievous glint.

"Then how were you able to transform into a child if you didn't eat his soul?" I asked, my frustration evident in my voice, while he maintained a cryptic silence. A deep sigh escaped my lips as I continued, "How could you devour the soul of that innocent child, Thorian?"

"I was hungry!" He exclaimed, his voice carrying a hint of desperation, as he took slow, cautious steps toward me. He remained in the form of a little boy, his face a mixture of guilt and sincerity. "The boy was in excruciating pain, he was on the brink of death, and I had no choice but to help him. I promise, his soul is now in a better, peaceful place."

My eyes rolled involuntarily as I folded my arms, pondering the dilemma that stood before me. Some of the guards on the floor regained conciousness and groaned, their movements restrained by their injuries, while the others still remained unconscious, adding to the chaotic scene.

"Grand General," one of the guards managed to speak, addressing me with respect, "it appears he has managed to escape. But do not worry, ma'am, we will do everything in our power to track him down."

I shook my head firmly, my brows furrowing as I uttered, "He didn't escape; he's right here." I pointed at Thorian, who stood beside me, still in the form of a little child, his innocent eyes reflecting a hint of mischief.

The guards exchanged awkward glances, and one of them stammered, "I might have hit my head too hard, but that's just a child."

"I know," I affirmed, my determination unwavering as I gestured towards Thorian.

The same guard awkwardly chuckled again and protested, "But, Grand General, the man is a grown Vedan; that's clearly just a child."

"Believe me," I insisted, my gaze fixed on Thorian. With a sigh of resignation, I added, "Leave, all of you."

The guards promptly bowed and exited the inn, their armor clinking as they walked away. Turning to Thorian, I warned, my voice laced with frustration , "You will return the souls of those guards you stole before it's too late, or else..."

Thorian smirked, a mischievous glint in his eyes, and remarked, "You're still so intimidating, and those guards aren't exactly saints; they're terrible people who deserve what's happening to them."

"Thorian, you idiot!" I snapped, my frustration mounting. "Come with me right now and return their souls, or I'll find a way to extract them from you, no matter what."

"Fine," he grumbled under his breath, his gaze falling to the floor. I took a deep breath and began walking away, with Thorian reluctantly following me. Despite the tension between us, I couldn't help but feel a sense of relief at having him back. It had been so many years since we'd last been together, and this unexpected reunion was fraught with complexities.

I dreamt of the day when I would have him back again, but I couldn't bring myself to actively search for him. He had become a forbidden presence in my life, a painful reminder of the torture I had endured. Each time I looked at him, it resurrected memories of that dreadful day. I longed to love him because he was family, to shower him with the affection he deserved, but I was lost, unable to find a way to express that love. Nonetheless, I did care deeply about him; my feelings for Thorian were undeniable.

Together, we entered the castle, Thorian maintaining his frustrating child's form that acted as a shield, preventing me from scolding him, despite the mess he had created. It was important to shield His Majesty the dragon king from the chaos Thorian had stirred.

He admired the paintings and statues adorning the palace walls as we strolled down the corridor. "What's the deal with dragons in this Kingdom? Are they some kind of deity to you Drakonians or something?"

"You came all the way here, and you're not aware that this Kingdom belongs to the Dragon King Reagan?" I replied as we continued our path through the castle.

"The big, masked, intimidating man? I've heard plenty of terrifying tales about him, and I know he must be incredibly powerful," he said, his fascination with his surroundings unabated.

"You have no idea," I muttered quietly under my breath just as we encountered Cedrick in the corridor. "Where are the bodies?"

"Just down there, but where is he?" Cedrick asked, his eyes shifting between me and Thorian, his brow arched with confusion.

"Right here," I responded firmly, pointing at Thorian, who stood there in his childlike form. Cedrick continued to look puzzled, then clarified, "I'm referring to the man who reaped their souls, not a child."

With a frustrated look, I turned to Thorian and demanded, "Transform into your true form right now." Thorian hesitated, his eyes darting around for a moment, before reluctantly shaking his head saying "no". I let out an exasperated sigh and continued, "Take us to where the bodies are."

Cedrick nodded in agreement, and we began to make our way to the chamber where the lifeless bodies were laid to rest. The castle's corridors seemed to stretch on endlessly, adorned with
paintings and decorations. The distant echoes of our footsteps filled the air.

"Hurry and bring them back," I urged Thorian immediately we saw the bodies, my tone laced with urgency. "Leave this Kingdom as soon as you're done with that."

"I traveled across countless seas just to see you again, and you expect me to leave? I'm not going anywhere," he declared with a defiant tone, while I arched my brows in confusion.

"I'm busy, and I don't have time for your nonsense, Thorian. Do this and leave," I replied firmly.

"I'll only do it if you agree to let me stay here for a few days, at least until I can figure out where to go next," he proposed.

"And if I don't?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Then you might have to kill me to bring their souls out, which, I must have you know, is not going to be easy," he said with a sinister smile, while I scoffed.

I knew there was no point in fighting with him. I could sense the hundreds of captured souls within him and the immense power radiating from him. Engaging in a confrontation with him was not the wisest choice at the moment, as he had the potential to overpower even me if I wasn't careful enough.

"Seven days," I relented, my tone firm. "Seven days is all you have, and by then, I expect you to be gone." With that, I turned my back and walked out of the room without saying another word, leaving Thorian to confront the daunting task ahead.

It was the best choice for both of us. Having Thorian this close was detrimental to my well-being. I acknowledge my selfishness, but I needed to prioritize myself, my happiness. Thorian was nothing but a reminder of painful memories I had fought so hard to bury.

I avoided looking at him for too long, determined to shield myself from any emotions beyond the love I still held for him. I didn't want to hate him, which was why I had left him years ago; it was better for both of us to be apart.

Entering my room, I sank onto my bed and struggled to hold back the tears that threatened to spill. Why did he have to appear now, after all these years?

I thought I had finally broken free from him, but he always found a way back into my life. Why couldn't he hate me for all I had done? Why did he persistently seek me out? Why?

Staring at my reflection in the mirror, thoughts of Thorian consumed me, and suddenly, a nauseating feeling washed over me. I quickly poured myself a glass of water, hoping to suppress the emotions, but the urge to empty my bowels intensified.

I reached for a bucket at the side of my bed as I emptied my stomach into it, feeling sick, as had become usual.

It was long overdue that I consulted a physician; this persistent illness needed to be addressed. What was happening to me, and why had I been feeling this way?

Could I be...?

No, I quickly dismissed the thought
There's no way I am...

I shook my head, trying to dispel the unsettling notion.

I will simply have to see the physician just to be sure. I must put an end to this relentless illness so I can continue my duties as the Grand General without hindrance.
.
.
.
.
Thanks for reading guys.. please drop a comment and vote on this chapter... also please check out my new book guys
It is called daring Desires

If you are interested in reading this book ahead, please check it out on webnovel

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.7K 1.3K 34
You are going about your business when a monster makes an appearance, throwing you into a whole new world. The stories will include you with a monste...
198K 8.4K 90
Hardworking Sarina loves her job and is considered a kind hearted girl. Along the way, she befriended an eccentric, mischievous old man. As they beca...
879 51 36
Jayden was never meant to be a prince, but when he gets adopted by the king and queen, he has to prepare himself for the challenges ahead. Luckily, h...
1.3K 50 49
"No, just liked seeing you get all protective over me if i tried to dance with another man." I laughed. "I wonder what you'd do if another man fucked...