Forever Luna

By XDeafening_SilenceX

Being new parents is hard enough, but parents to Lycan twins while recovering from several plots against thei... More

Season List for Lost Luna
Protective
Mirror
Beta
Nervous
Intriguing
Envy
Expand
Fog
Exhaustion
Documents
Date
Stay
Yearning
Cautious
Craving
Softness
Debrief
Kiss
Secretive
Clover
Sentiment
Summoned
Tornado
Odd
Hangover
Severity
Apprehension
Jack-In-The-Box
Possession
Calm
Game
Taxing
More
Forthcoming
Trepidation
Compassion
Tryst
Flawless
Imperfect
Acceptance
Adventure
Lessons
Gossip
Playful
Provocative
Disturbance
Interfere
Scrutinise
Coquetry
Suggestion
Recognisable
Magic
Unspoken
Details
Outsider
Parvenu
Enquiries
Convalesce
Pessimistic
Drive
Resentment
Security
Adrenaline
Instinctive
Respect
Affliction
Perceive
Transcendent
Revival
Mollify
Treachery
Fallouts
Exasperated
Inspection
Analysis
Embrace
Repudiation
Mistake
Regime
Assiduous
Fever
Pursuit
Tipple
Affect
Chapter 86 [Read it on June 19]
Chapter 87 [Read it on June 21]
Chapter 88 [Read it on June 26]

Concerted

3.7K 159 12
By XDeafening_SilenceX

adjective ~ jointly arranged, planned or carried out

PHOENIX

Despite being in a conversation with Alexandar, most of my focus was on my mate. Nova's wolf had a strong instinct since having the pups, and I knew that having such powerful strangers around would upset her. The way her spine tensed and her jaw tightened at their arrival proved my thoughts right.

As I conversed with my cousin, I noticed the way Nova grew uneasy around Theia. The two of them were leaning over the pups in silence. When Nova growled, my head snapped their way, and I was quick to soothe Theia's confusion. Theia seemed to soften, laughing softly and apologising for getting so close.

"Congratulations." Alexandar patted my back. "How has it been?"

"Thank you." I murmured. "It's been a learning curve."

He chuckled, shaking his head. "Well, you just had to outdo yourself and create two. That's twice the hard work."

A soft smile graced my cheeks at the thought of my pups. "I'm an overachiever. What can I say?"

My cousin's eyes brightened at my joke, his hand clapping on my back. "Keep it up and you'll have a family the size of your pack."

My lips quirked with humour. "That's my plan."

He snorted, shaking his head. "If I know females, then good luck with that one, pal."

"What?" I wondered. "What's so funny?"

"Once they have to push one out, they won't go back again." He mused.

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms as I gazed at my daughter. "You just wait and see. Nova will be round with more pups before you can say mother."

We laughed, the tenseness of their arrival dissipating. Just as my lips parted to ask him how his mate was, Nova's entire soul shifted. I tensed as her scent faded, and her mind drifted away from mine. Much like in sleep, her mind shut down and I couldn't communicate with her.

I darted forward, my hands raised to hover by her sides. I noticed she securely wrapped her hand around Theia's and a low growl built in my chest. The witch was frozen, her eyes clouded over as she gazed at my mate. Nova's eyes had slipped shut as she entered another world, but as quickly as her mind shifted, it came bouncing back.

I caught her as she stumbled, her hand slithering from Theia's. Alexandar was on his mate as she blinked back to the present, but I paid him no mind as I tended to Nova. Her heart raced, her eyes blinking around the room until they settled on mine.

My forehead creased with worry; it had been a while since she had a vision. This one was fast, lasting only a few seconds. They only seemed to have gotten faster since she first gained the ability, and I wondered if it was a flaw or a suggestion of her power.

"Phoenix?" She mumbled as she stood upright.

"Nova?" I cocked my head, holding her steady. "Are you okay?"

Her jaw tightened, and she briefly glanced at the witch before locking eyes with me. Her head shifted with the slightest of a nod, a small yes escaping her lips. I frowned and opened my mind, unhappy with her uneasy answer. She hesitated before opening her mind fully to me again, not realising she had completely closed me off.

What is it? I wondered.

She licked her lips nervously. 'Nothing bad, I just spoke with Theia in another... place.'

Spoke with her? About what?

'She claims I am stronger than I realise, and that my power was stronger than hers.' She continued, her eyes narrowing. 'Then she vanished, and I saw Apollo.'

I felt like she was skipping parts, but enticed her anyway. Apollo? What was he doing?

'He was in Theia's cabin, looking for her. I don't know when it was but everything was dark and the curtains were shut... I think it was recently.'

Everyone believes he is missing.

She shook her head. 'I felt it in my gut. It felt... eery, dooming, almost.'

So, you think he is still out there?

'Somewhere.' She nodded. 'In hiding and looking for Theia.'

My lips pursed, and I nodded in return, glancing up at my cousin. He and Theia were speaking in hushed whispers, and I cleared my throat to catch their attention. Their heads snapped our way, Theia's face as cool and calculated as ever. But I knew my cousin, and I recognised the concern in his eyes as he glanced toward Nova.

"The party is expecting us." I stated. "Shall we continue? Speak of this later?"

"Of course." He nodded. "That's a good idea. We have many things to discuss."

My jaw tightened as I nodded, my wolf grumbling at the edge in his voice. Looping Nova's arm over mine, we made our way to the doors. May as well get this over with before Nova decides she wants to run away. Her mind was reeling, and I had a hard time keeping up with the possibilities in her mind, which gave me the perfect advantage to get her out of here.

Mind-linking Charlie, I told him to send his mate back in whilst he settled the crowds before announcing us. Sometimes I disliked being a wolf of so much power, of so much influence. The whole announcement thing seemed... cringe. Or maybe that was just Pollux rubbing off on me.

A few moments later, Calida returned and stood by my pups, and I gave her a nod of acknowledgement. Then the doors opened, and the crowd was silent as the two of us stepped inside. I straightened my shoulders as we passed through the entryway, and Nova's grip tightened where it lay on my forearm. Dozens of eyes settled on us, most of them passive with a few smiles. Beside me was Charlie, and a rather bored looking Pollux, and on Nova's side was Sean.

Their mates were in the crowd's front row, soft smiles as they gazed up at us. I even spotted Lyra, stood with her arm looped into that of a male. Despite the soft gazes of her friends, Nova's entire body was filled with nerves as cameras flashed in our faces.

I got you. I murmured, squeezing her hand with my spare arm.

I cleared my throat, catching the attention of everyone in the crowd. "Good evening everybody, thank you for coming to celebrate the birth of our young. It is a night for celebration, of new life and hope. With this birth, announces a new generation of the royal and lycan bloodlines."

Soft murmurs graced the crowd when I paused, my tongue darting out to wet my lips. It wasn't the first time that I had done a speech in front of so many people, and I was glad that I could take that burden from my mate. She was electrified, like a human sized fuzzball of anxiety.

"Tonight, we are not only grace with every Alpha pair here, but the King and Queen themselves have graced us with a visit." I announced, and the murmuring intensified. "Please show your respect for King Alexandar and Queen Theia."

The doors opened once more, and I pulled Nova to the side as Alexandar stepped forward to make his arrival. I remained stiff as the wolves bowed their heads, and he thanked everyone for their respect. Once finished, they stood to the side and once again Nova and I moved toward the doors as they opened. Calida was inside, eyes wide with nerves as they glanced behind us.

Nova smiled softly at her as she wheeled both bassinets through the doors. I briefly heard her mutter something to the other woman before Calida scooped up Annabelle. My daughter's dress billowed past her ankles as she was raised from her comfort. Her small hands tightened into fists. Calida swallowed, looking at Nova nervously.

Traditionally, twin alpha pups were rare. Most times of multiple young, the father always held the male. It signified the whole future alpha thing. But after glancing at Nova, she nodded her head. We thought Annabelle might have alpha blood because of her size and development, not birth order.. However, we had to try to not be biased, and focus our attention equally. Female alpha bloods were rare, and those that were usually were not allowed the title without a mate. Such as Lyra.

But my pups were only a month old, after all.

Either way, whichever of my children becomes Alpha, I will be right there to support them.

Taking our daughter into my arms, she blinked up at me with curious eyes. I ignored the murmured, excited chatter from the crowds as Nova took Freddy, waking our sleeping babe with hushed whispers.

Turning back to the front of the small stage, we held our children to our chests.

"Please celebrate the new life of Annabelle Alex and Freddy Wulfric Titan." I announced.

The crowd erupted into a chorus of whistles, yips and applause. Looking down to my mate, her cheeks flushed with the sudden attention, her head dipping to inhale our pup's scent. Passing Annabelle into one arm, I secured my left around Nova's waist, pulling her in tight. She leaned into me as I pressed a kiss into the top of her head, my wolf grumbling his pleasure.

"Let's celebrate!" Charlie cheered.

I rolled my eyes, pulling my face away from my mate's hair to nod in agreement. The music started playing again and with a soft hum; I led Nova into the crowds. This part was the hard part; having to meet all the alphas that desired it.

Calida followed behind us, her hands folded at her hips. She held her head high behind us, a smugness on her lips as she followed in our footsteps. I noticed how Charlie eyed her with narrowed eyes before catching my attention and pursing his lips. With a firm nod of acknowledgement, he moved toward Pollux, who had already started his descent into the crowds.

Many alpha pairs approached, congratulating us happily on the birth of our pups. I received many handshakes and pats on the shoulder from the men, their tipsy joy infectious as they observed the babes. Nova had been nervous at first, as the corresponding Luna would greet her. But as we reached alpha pair number five, her heart calmed, and she settled her lips into a soft smile.

Despite the wolf-drug alcohol induced joy, I noticed a few wolves narrow their eyes when they thought I wasn't paying attention. Sean was on lookout and returned names to me of those who seemed suspicious. I knew those wolves would be the last to volunteer their congratulations, their sourness potent in the joyful room.

Eventually, we came across Lyra, and Nova's grip tightened on Freddy. Lyra, however, held a lazy grin, her male partner the nervous one.

"Phoenix, Nova!" she beamed, leaning forward to embrace us, the smell of alcohol on her breath.

I greeted her with a chuckle, rubbing her shoulder. "Lyra, glad you could come. It has been a while."

"Of course!" She tutted before embracing Nova. "I had to settle my pack, but they are better."

As she moved away from me, I levelled my gaze with the man behind her. He tensed under my scrutiny; his fear potent as he dropped his gaze. My wolf grumbled, pleased he submitted to us, but I was unhappy that he did it so willingly.

"Care to introduce us?" I glanced at Lyra briefly.

She snorted. "I was getting there!"

My lips quirked at her loose tongue, but I nodded my head, anyway. "Go on then."

"This is Cody." She grinned, and Cody tilted his head in acknowledgement.

I paused, expecting more, but receiving none. Blinking, I turned to Cody and held out my hand.

"Pleasure to meet you. What pack are you from?"

His hand rested on mine and I tightened my grip a little too much. He flinched slightly, but shook it before dropping it to his side.

"Alpha Azurus, I am Beta Conrad's son."

My eyebrows quirked with recognition, remembering Lyra mumbling about a beta's son once before. She caught my curious gaze, nodding softly. I hummed; so this is why she had been so MIA the past few months. Not her pack.

"And you two are?" I drawled.

Nova nudged me, muttering that I was being rude. I huffed softly, relaxing my tense shoulders as I exhaled.

"You two are dating?"

"It's new."

My eyebrow rose again, and she rolled her eyes.

"We're trying it out."

"And do you have a mate, Cody?"

His face remained passive, but he shook his head. "No, Alpha."

"She around?" I cocked my head.

"She died during childbirth. She was a human." Lyra interrupted.

"Oh, I apologise." I muttered, my heart aching for the male. "I hope this relationship goes well."

Despite his smile of acknowledgement, I noticed the hint of sadness in his gaze. I wondered how fresh it had been; to move on from such a heartbreak must've been difficult.

I suddenly saw this male in a new light. I would be crushed; heartbroken to the point of no return if Nova was to die with our young. This male, despite his soft exterior, had a strong heart.

Lyra caught my gaze, gesturing to the pup in my arms with barely concealed excitement. I smirked, tempted to hold back the introduction just to see her sweat a little more.

"This is my mate, Nova." I introduced my hand on the small of her back. "And our children, Annabelle and Freddy, and Nova's nursemaid, Calida."

Lyra gushed, happily leaning over Nova to glance at Freddy, who once again was asleep. Nova laughed softly, dropping Freddy so she could have a better look. They conversed softly before Lyra stepped around us to shake Calida's hand. I noticed Charlie in the distance, watching his mate with jealous eyes. It made me feel a little bad, but his job was a priority tonight. He could smother her later.

Nova greeted the male softly as he nodded her way, before his eyes dropped to the twins.

"It is an honour to meet you, Luna." Cody bowed his head. "Thank you for letting me meet your young."

Nova, in her style, blushed. "No need to thank me."

"Your blood is sacred, Luna. My family, myself, are honoured to meet you."

Her blush only deepened, and I chuckled, pinching her side.

"Keep it up, and my mate shall develop a complex." I mused.

Soft laughter surrounded our small group, before I had to pull Nova away to continue our mingling. They bowed their heads in acknowledgement, promises of speaking to us later. I lead Nova away with a soft smile, pulling her in close.

"You're doing so well."

She exhaled shakily. "It's not as bad as I thought."

I chuckled, kissing her forehead as yet another alpha couple approached us. "You were made for this."

Question of the Day:
What would you do on a day designated for treating yourself? Fancy spa and champagne? Or just sleep all day etc

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

881 201 14
Lycan's were the first beasts created by the moon goddess to protect gods creation; the humans, from Lucifer's creation; the Vampires. Once the dark...
772K 20K 51
I closed my eyes ready for my death when I heard a very loud and dangerous growl, I swear I felt the ground under me shook by it. I opened my eyes qu...
268K 8.4K 23
The Goddess of the moon, Diana, originally created the Lycans. Seven of them; two females and five males. They were meant to rule over the earth, wit...
118K 7.7K 138
Every generation two lycans are born. One boy and one girl. They are more powerful than other lycans. They are always twins. This is why the are usua...