NOTHING

By the_meltinglines

Some people enter our life so unexpectedly at a time we never expect. They make a serious impact in our life... More

Copyrights & Character Aesthetics
I'm Arjun Singhania
I'm Naina Rathi
When Arjun Meets Naina!
She's A Family Friend!
Unfolding our Pasts
You're My Best Friend!
You're Constant
See You In Delhi!
Happy Birthday Arjun!
You're The Exception Of My Life!
The God Damn Sparks!
Why Being Something More!
Naina At Home!
Wanna Live Upto Your Expectations
What The Hell Just Happened To Him!
What Are You Doing To Me Naina
She Can Make Even A Corpse Smile!
I Like You Naina!
Is Ananya Cheating!
Hitting The Wrong Nerve!
The Complicated Feelings!
Is It A Yes, Yes Naina?
We're Dating!
I Need Time With You
You Make Me Vulnerable
You're My Peace
My Calmness!
The Commitments!
Long Distance Relationship
Happy Birthday My Girl
Missed Me?
I'm Proud Of You
The Craving For Forever!
Naming ceremony
Why We're Together Arjun?
Got My Home After Days
Am I going to loose Arjun!
Because I Love You Arjun
If Nothing Lasts Forever, Be My Nothing
This Wasn't Fall, It Was Fly
Chilhood Memories
Facing The Past
Arjun's Birthday
It's Dated Fourteen Years Back !
Proposed!
My Constant
Interviews!
Forecasting!!
The Big Day
The Tragic Night
Winning The Battle
Love Conquers All
EPILOGUE
NEW BOOK

We Need To Talk, Naina!

2K 164 11
By the_meltinglines

ARJUN'S POV

"Who's she? " Arika asked

"What the hell was that" I snapped angrily

"Whoa! Wait a second! You snapping at me" She offended

"God look Arika. You're in India, very good. Welcome. But you should know life changes in 20 years. Completely. And what the hell was childhood sweetheart" I snapped again

"So, weren't we. We literally used to share our tiffins everyday." She said

"Everyone used to share tiffins" I gritted

"God! Okay. I was just kidding. What's a big deal in it" She asked

"Big deal is there." I replied

Because you don't even know what her over thinking mind would've thought till now!

"Okay Aru. But.." She was saying when I snapped third time in row.

"Don't call me that" I warned and she sighed.

"Fine. Arjun, but aatleast I was a friend. So you can behave a bit nice" She muttered where as I looked at front where I was seeing my two brothers looking at me.

Nishant gestured me to come to him and I nodded.

"Excuse me" I mumbled and without giving another glance I went to Nishant.

"Badi maa's calling you" Nishant said and I nodded again and went to mom who was with Naina's mom of course & some other women too.

"Mom, you called? " I asked and she looked at me.

"Oh yes of course. Arjun, you remember Mr. Kothari" She asked and I looked at her.

"No" I replied and she looked at the women in front and then chuckled.

"No problem. He's one of your dad's friend. And she's Mrs. Kothari and their daughter, Suhaani" She introduced and I knew where it's going.

I sighed denying mom when she glared me.

What am I ? A two year kid whom she'll glare and I'll just do as said.

But still I had to, because she's my mom!

"Arjun" I muttered and she smiled.

"You guys should talk to each other" Naina's mom nudged while I didn't say anything.

How should I tell her that one I need to talk right now is your daughter.

The women left me alone with Ms. Who so ever was her name and honestly at this moment I was missing Naina so much.

Not just because I wanted to see her but because she would've saved me from this as my best friend.

"Am, hey" The girl spoke

"Hello" I replied

"Well, you're clearly uninterested" She said and I looked at her and then at my watch.

Well didn't I say Naina to meet me at 9:45. And it's 9:50 already!

"You saw that. Great! And thankyou. On my behalf tell my mom this too that I'm clearly not interested. I need to go" I told and without waiting for a second I left from there and dialled Nishant first.

"I need to see Naina who's in her room right now . Handle everything" I said in a go.

"Whoa! Don't do any deeds. It's her home. " He mocked

"Shut up and do the needed" I replied and he chuckled

"20 minutes max." He sincerely told this time and I hummed cutting the call and went inside home from front side as the event was going on in back gardens hence front gates weren't in use.

I entered the lift and went to third floor where Naina's room was present.

And reaching there I knocked the door.

After a minute the door opened and I looked at her.

"You" She whispered and I looked at her.

Her long hairs which were open some time before were now tied in a messy bun which led my eyes directly to the bare waist.

And since the crop top blouse she wore was sleeveless, her arms were also bare now. The earrings she wore were far gone away.

And I gulped looking at her because...

She looked hell lot sexy!

"Nai.. " I was saying before which I saw her closing the door on my face but I stopped her putting my leg between the door.

"Go away" She snapped

"Naina listen to me" I said

"Just go away" She shrieked lowly and I sighed putting a bit force on door which resulted in opening it.

I went inside and closed the door.

"I only have 20 minutes Naina. So stop being stubborn" I said

"Stu.. Yes I'm stubborn and I don't wanna listen to you. Now what" She asked when I looked at her and grabbing her by waist I pulled her near me twisting her arm behind.

"Ah Arjun! You dog" She winced

"Sush. I know it isn't even paining a bit" I mumbled and she looked at me when I relased that hand and my hand travelled from her shoulder to her palm touching the bare skin and I looked at her shutting her eyes.

Stop it Arjun. Get a grip and control your damn harmones!

"Listen to me atleast" I whispered when she looked at me and her eyes became teary.

"Naina.." I was about to speak when she spoke.

"Go away. I hate you" She sobbed and I looked at her and I looked at her shocked.

"You what? " I asked and she pushed me a little away.

"I ha.. " She was saying before which I placed my lips on hers.

Listening the word hate from her mouth made me angry.

And I didn't move. Neither I let her move.

Naina tried pushing me away again when I kissed her this time.

For a while she didn't react still trying pushing me away but then she gave in and kissed me back.

But after seconds she pushed me away with a jerk and I imbalanced yet stood still.

"I hate y..." She was saying when I glared her.

"Say that once more and see the consequences. I'll forgot where we're right now" I warned when she sat on the bed and looked away sobbing.

Damn! Why the fuck am I loosing my patience right now.

"Tsch! Naina! Look at me" I said but she didn't reply.

"Yaar, short cake" I sighed and sat on the floor on my knees near her and pulled her face to look at me.

"For solving any problem, a conversation has to be done. Just keep saying you hate me won't prove that and will hurt you even more. So speak what's the reason you think you hate me. Atleast I should know " I said and she sobbed louder when I pulled her making her sit on my knee and hugged her.

And she didn't protest this time. Because she hugged me and cried.

"Arika" She whispered and I sighed

I knew this! It wasn't rocket science but what's bothering me is, there's something else. I feel it.

"I'm sorry for that. She's.. I didn't even know she's here. And, there's nothing such as childhood sweetheart. Come on Naina, we just shared tiffins. That's it. And we haven't met for 20 years which is a long time. And she has lived these 20 years in US . That's where that endearment of babe came from. It's her foolishness to think anything which isn't even there. Moreover she was kidding. One should be practical that sharing tiffins, time and some moments doesn't mean there's something. I don't know how she can be so immature about it " I told and she looked at me for a second but then nodded.

"But I know, there's something else to this. Did someone say you something? Or Arika? Tell me! I'll see them. Because I know you. You won't cry this way over such a petty issue" I added and she looked at me.

"It's just about that" She mumbled

"Naina.. " I warned

"Arjun it was about that only. I thought you and Arika...I don't know where I came in the story" She mumbled

"What are you saying Naina. Okay calm down! See things are not this much difficult that you're making them inside your mind by thinking anything! So relax! " I said and she nodded trying to stand up from my thigh when I held her waist more tight.

"What's the matter Naina? " I asked again when she looked at me for a second and then smiled.

The smile, which never reached her eyes.

And this isn't the smile which I like on her face.

"I'm just tired" She whispered

She's lying!

"You sure? " I asked and she nodded

"Okay" I whispered and was about to leave when she spoke.

"Arjun, thankyou for clearing the misunderstanding." She said and I looked at her.

"Arika and I are not attached to each other in any ways." I mumbled

"I trust you. You said, it's enough" She replied and I nodded.

"My 20 minutes are over. Just one thing Naina , Don't lie to me next time about something which is still irking you. You don't need to tell it I don't know why but don't lie of you being okay " I whispered and kissing her forehead, I left from there.

Leaving from there I clenched my fists and went directly towards the car.

"I'm going home" I told Ruhaan over call.

"Wait but yo.. " He was saying before which I cut the call throwing the phone on another seat and drove home.

Going to the mansion, I directly engaged myself in work so that I couldn't think anything else but the thing was... It kept running inside my mind.

I know Naina very well.

She isn't someone who would cry this way just because of the Arika thing.

There's something more to it! Something which is irking ber badly and she isn't telling me!

But I can't force it! Because today, I really saw her tired from within!

When she said she's tired, she meant by fighting with things between us.

And that's what pained me more!  Because I wanted to tell her, not to fight with it anymore but I couldn't. I had so much to speak in the twenty minutes I asked but I couldn't!

I wasn't even able to sleep because of the same but I had work commitments next day and they were important.

So somehow I drifted to sleep and the next morning when I woke up, I looked at the phone to find no message from her.

I sighed and texted her a good morning and went to my routine.

As I got ready for work, I went downstairs when I saw everyone on breakfast table.

Wishing everyone, I was going when mom stopped me.

"What,where? " She asked

"Send it with someone. I've a meeting" I lied not wanting to make her worry.

"What! But Nishant told me there's none" She replied and I glared Nishant.

"Stop glaring him and sit. Empty stomach anger rises more to what so ever reason you're pissed" She replied and I looked at her and then sat on the chair.

"Stop finding matches for me mom. It's last time I'm telling you" I stated and she looked at me but a small smile was there on her face which I seriously ignored right now because it was more of a smirk.

After a while, I had a little breakfast and left for office.

I had some meetings and presentations which took my whole day.

At night after dinner when I checked my phone I looked at her just one text which was reply to my morning.

I was already so tired that I didn't have energy to even think and don't know when sleep over powered me again.

The whole week passed a bit this way only because twice I had to fly to Delhi because of work and then even had a brief meeting with the Asian head of Marian Hotels who was there on behalf of Marian.

Though, I wanted meeting with the chairman himself but since it wasn't possible for either me to go States or him to come India every now and then so he was the key between both of us.

These days the talks between me and Naina were limited and they were honestly building anger inside me. Because it isn't way something works. All she need is to tell me what's wrong with her so we can find a solution. I wanted to know What's disturbing her but she's doing everything else then sharing.

This whole week she didn't even meet me today on Sunday telling that she had an event to attend which was a clear lie because she was at her home the whole time.

And that I knew because I told Aditi to be with her for a little while so that may be she would tell her that what's eating her from inside.

But she didn't tell her too. And that frustrated me more.

Next day it had to be a meeting with Crafting Dreams about the upcoming event of Marian and SGH collab. I had hopes that she would speak sooner of whatever is running inside her because my patience was loosing.

The night again passed in chaos of thoughts and next day Mrs. Jain told me that the meeting was fixed for 3 pm over lunch.

"Naina's coming or team" I asked as I was signing a document.

"Am.. Sir.. Naina told that she has some important work so...she'll sen.. " She was saying when I glared her.

"Just make the CEO of Crafting Dreams clear that I'm not here sitting doing jokes. If she can't be disciplined and punctual about this project then tell me. I'll hire another event manager but I won't tolerate nuisance." I snapped and she nodded.

"Five minutes Mrs. Jain and then whatever you're informed by her secretary schedule my meeting that way or else cancel it" I said dialling Ms. Rathi of course and Mrs. Jain went out of the cabin.

"Hello" Her voice came

"What the hell is this Naina. The project is very important for me. I don't want this nuisance at this time. Just come here and do the damn meeting" I snapped

"Arjun, I'm a bit busy. But I'm sending my best team. They give more good ideas then me sometimes" She told

"Does this sound a joke to you? Naina listen and listen to me very carefully. Don't mix our personal and professional relationship. If it would have been any other event of company I would've may be considered but this is my biggest project. Don't mess it up" I warned

"I'll be there" She whispered and cut the call.

Great! Not sharing what's running and now cutting calls on face!

Wow!!

And the anger came out on the phone which I threw on the floor when Mrs. Jain entered and looked at the broken phone.

"I'll send someone to bring a new phone" She mumbled and I sighed

"Inform me when she comes" I added and she nodded closing the door.

It was 3 pm when I went to the SGH  hotel Malad and waited for her highness to come.

At 3:10 she was there with her team and looked at me for a second wishing me and then turned her face to Mrs. Jain wishing her.

"Am, shall we start ? " She asked

"Lunch Naina " I replied

"Oh I forgot to inform you, I was kinda hungry so I grabbed a brunch. I'm not hungry for now but you must have your lunch." She told and I looked at her.

Lier!

"Mrs. Jain. My lunch. And do order a mud pie for me" I said and she nodded going while Naina looked at me shocked.

"What? You're full right" I asked and she nodded.

As my lunch came, I looked at her and then started having my lunch while she just looked at her phone.

But after just a minute, I heard her stomach grumble and I for once looked at her yet didn't say anything.

She mumbled a small sorry and was standing up when I held her hand and glared her.

"Can you for once just stop being stubborn Naina. Atleast think that in front whom you're lying before giving a shitty lie" I snapped and she looked at me.

"Sit and just eat" I added clearly giving a look which stated No argument.

She didn't say anything and just sat back when I slid my plate in between and passed her the mud pie too.

"You don't eat mud pie" She whispered

"Wow Sherlock ! You took the gesture real quick" I mocked and she looked at me.

"You can just stop mocking" She mumbled

"And you for once can stop being this what you're not" I said

"What I ain't? " She asked

"Leave it for now! Have your lunch" I said and she didn't say anything after this.

Neither did I!

We had lunch and then the meeting where she showed me some of her work plans and models with some ideas and arrangements.

After three hours we settled on some of the things about event and then set the date and time for next meeting which would include the both SGH and Marrians.

"I'll leave now" She said with a small smile which was just as fake as she has been previous week.

"Stop. I need to talk" I told and she looked at me.

This has to be cleared today! I know her. She won't tell me this by herself and I need to know this at any cost!

Because honestly I'm tired of this running and getting answers!

And more then that, I'm hurt...

That my own Best Friend isn't able to tell me what's bothering her so much that she even forgot, I'm her best friend...

I'm her best friend before Anything Else!!

________________________________________

Hey guys. Hope you all are doing amazing!

So, how was the chapter?

Naina's hiding something from Arjun.. Of course she's hiding what's bothering her the most right now🥺

Ugh! Why is falling for best friend the best and worst thing at the same time!

Naina has fallen.. And real hard because she can't face Arjun going away from her.

Arjun needs to talk while Naina is clearly avoiding!

What's going to happen. Let's see!

Do vote, like, share and reviews are always welcomed!

Next update soon.

Till then...

Big Hugs ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

464K 29.4K 83
Life gives ups and downs to everyone. Some sad memories & some good one. But when sometimes the sad memories are related to a good person, it breaks...
281K 24.1K 62
Yash Purohit- 27 year old CA, Carefree, Bindass, Jolly, happy Go person. Once you meet him, he will ensure your comfort. He gives his time to family...
177K 23K 34
22 years old ADHIRA VATS, who's vague & intricate, too naive to deal with the cruel world. Getting married was never in her list, atleast not before...
133K 7.6K 49
BOOK 1 - YOUR SERIES . The one who was rude, arrogant, cold hearted used to melt when he was around the love of his life, vachi. Everyone knew about...