Love, Aurora

By booksByA99

Aurora has always had one goal; to study and get as far away as possible from her house. Life was never easy... More

Introductions
Aesthetics
Playlist
|01|
|02|
|03|
|04|
|05|
|06|
|07|
|08|
|09|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|28|
|29|
|30|
|31|
|32|
|33|
|34|
|35|
[35]
A/N

|24|

964 22 19
By booksByA99

A U R O R A

"Sofia King, daughter of Chandler King has been arrested this morning for the use of rape drugs. Cops also found an assault rifle in her car and was taken for question immediately-"

At first, I just thought it was some random Sofia. Because it couldn't be the same Sofia that I knew, right?

I mean, sure, she was a horrible person but come on, really? But the second her picture pops up on the TV, I turn off the TV and let out a breath.

Oh, god. No, no, no.

It has to be who I'm thinking it is. It can't be a coincidence that the day after I tell him what happened, Sofia is in jail.

What did you do, Milo?

I rush out of my dorm and head to his.  The second the door swings open, I find Xavier, Bruna and Milo laughing and talking with a beer in their hands.

"Milo?"

His head snaps around and he sees me. He stands up. "Hi."

"Did you do this?" I ask, pointing at the TV they're they're all laughing at.

"She deserved it." Bruna shrugs.

"Oh, my god. You had them involved too, Milo?"

"What?" Milo asks.

"You framed Sofia just because she hit me? Milo, I don't- oh, god. I can't even believe you right now-"

"Hey, hey." Milo says, grabbing my shoulders. "I know I'm not that nice but I'm not that horrible." He says, frowning.

He pulls me to his room and explains to me everything. He explains the whole deal about her and her obsession with boys that seem to 'like' me.

He talks about Nick and Sofia which just made me heart break. Nick had stopped talking to me completely after i walked in on him and Sofia in bed together. He always looked so horrible but that's because Sofia made him become addicted. Nick had gotten  high and Sofia would have sex with him.

The only reason I couldn't recognise Sofia was because she got surgery before coming here.

But I can't help but think how her actions ruined her whole family. Her innocent mother and siblings.

"You really thought I'd frame someone?"

"You're really surprised?" I ask, eyebrows raised.

He scratches the back of his head. "I had help too, it's not just me."

"I know." I say. "Im sorry by the way, for assuming things. I just...assumed."

"Yeah, I know."

"Thank you. I can't believe you did this for me."

"She deserved it." He shrugs. "So, i have a question."

"Yeah?"

"So, Nick." He starts and I roll my eyes. "What about him?"

"Were you two close?"

"You can say that. It doesn't even matter because i was a freshmen, so." I shrug. "But Nick was a good guy. He reminds me of you."

Milo glares at me. "Good thing I'm not him then."

I shake my head. "Sure."

"Hey, I really have to go but I'll see you later, okay?"

"Okay." I nod. "Bye."

☆☆☆

"We should so go swimming." Xavier says.

"Seeing you swim looks like a fish on land, no thanks." Aarush mumbles. "I saw it, multiple times."

"I don't understand why you're always bullying me! I get that I'm a few months younger but come on."

"Or maybe its your personality or something, you ever think about that?" Aarush says.

"There is nothing wrong with me!"

"There kind of is." Milo says and the rest of us nods and agrees.

"Its okay, Xav, I still think you're great." I say. He grins. "You guys should learn from her."

"She's only saying that because she has too much of a good heart." Bruna says.

"Atleast she uses it." Xavier says.

"What?"

"Oh, i have a joke!" Xavier says.

"Go ahead." We all say, waiting for him to start.

"Its not really a joke- it's funny- wait, it is joke. it's not one you have to guess though-"

"Just shut up and say it." Milo says.

"Fine." Xavier grumbles. "Okay, uhm, give me three words in the word 'butterfly.'''

"Uhm, 'butter', 'fly' and...I don't know." I frown.

"There's also butt." Xavier grins.

"How is that funny?" Milo asks, scrunching his face at his best friend.

"Will you have some patience and let me finish, you stupid fuck?" Xavier exclaims.

"You're the stupid fuck." Milo mumbles, laying his head on my lap. I look down at him and he meets my eyes, smirking. I roll my eyes and knot his hair between my fingers without even realising it.

"Anyway." Xavier says. "Tell me a phrase with those three words."

"Uh, the fly...I'm out." Will says.

"The fly will butter its butt."

The silence in the room was so loud that I actually couldn't believe those words came out of Xavier's mouth.

"Haha." I laugh, fakely to not make Xavier upset.

"See? She laughed!"

"That laugh was faker than Sofia's face." Bruna snorts.

Now is when everyone else actually laughs.

"Now you're all laughing?" Xavier scoffs.

"You have a broken sense of humour."

"I need to find friends with the same humour as me because its yours that's broken."

"I think the scholar geeks will be your friend- except Rory." Aarush says.

"Very funny." I say, flipping him off.

"Marshmellows, anyone?".

"That's since Milo's birthday in February." I say.

"So?"

"Its September." I say, raising my eyebrows.

"So?"

"How are you even alive?"

"Its honestly a surprise."

"Maybe god doesn't want him."

"Yeah, like your dad didn't."

☆☆☆

My eyes are burning. I'm cutting up onions for the first time in my life because I am an independent woman (I can't do my own laundry) and so far, it's going horrible.

When I'd watch cooking shows on TV- I'm normal, I swear- I'd always see people tearing up while cutting onions.

And stupid me used to think they're just dramatic because how much of a sensitive person can you really be when you're cutting up onions?

Well, now? I feel like my eyes are going to pop out of my eyeballs.

"Rora?"

I quickly wipe my tears and face Milo.   His eyes study my face and then his eyes harden. "Who did this to you?"

"They did." I say, pointing at the onions on the kitchen counter.

He looks at me and rolls his eyes. "You are so dramatic, you know that?"

"You try it!"

"Gladly." He shrugs.

(Spoiler alert: he ends up crying just as much as me)

"You should cry more." I say. "It brings me joy."

"Thank you, Rora. You're so sweet." Milo says, rinsing his eyes.

"Hey, I watched a vlog on someone going kayaking and I think we should do it."

"You'd end up crying like a little child. I'm not going to be those guys who hold your hand, I'll be the one throwing you off instead."

"You have such a kind heart."

"I try."

"I can see that." I mutter. "So, what do we do?"

"I don't know."

"We're baking cookies because I've failed at cooking."

"Sure."

And at the end, I end up with crushed cookies who are so good, may I add. In all honesty, I did all the work. Milo just watched and hummed as I talked.

"Here, try." I say, putting a cookie in Milo's mouth.

"That's way too damn sweet." He says.

"You want me to add a bucket of salt in it? It fits your personality- salty."

"If that's supposed to be funny, it's not." Milo says, approaching me. He grabs a tissue paper and shoves it on my face, aggressively wiping flour off my face. I think I ran out of oxygen at some point too.

"You couldn't try to be sweet about it?" I ask, rolling my eyes.

"I tried but its too much for me." He says.

"Anyway, we should definitely make chocolate cake next time." I say. "Come on, we've got ten more rom- coms to finish."

"We haven't watched 'The Simpsons' in a week. We'll watch an episode and then you do your thing."

"Fine."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 45 34
She loves staying bundled up at home, and so does he. She loves physical touch, and so does he. She loves football, and so does he. She loves playing...
963K 25.1K 42
Nate is a rich playboy who doesn't care about women's feelings all he cared was his family, his car racer and his friends but that all changed when h...
4.6M 107K 48
[01/07/2021] - [13/04/2023] "You can't keep going around like a fucking maniac and treating me like shit. That isn't how relationships work," Sophia'...
260 11 9
Evie was a wild child. She was at (almost) every party, did every dare, and lived the way she wanted to. All so she could pour it into writing. She w...