NOTHING

By the_meltinglines

Some people enter our life so unexpectedly at a time we never expect. They make a serious impact in our life... More

Copyrights & Character Aesthetics
I'm Arjun Singhania
I'm Naina Rathi
When Arjun Meets Naina!
She's A Family Friend!
Unfolding our Pasts
You're My Best Friend!
You're Constant
See You In Delhi!
Happy Birthday Arjun!
You're The Exception Of My Life!
The God Damn Sparks!
Why Being Something More!
Naina At Home!
Wanna Live Upto Your Expectations
What The Hell Just Happened To Him!
What Are You Doing To Me Naina
She Can Make Even A Corpse Smile!
I Like You Naina!
Is Ananya Cheating!
Hitting The Wrong Nerve!
The Complicated Feelings!
Is It A Yes, Yes Naina?
We're Dating!
I Need Time With You
You Make Me Vulnerable
You're My Peace
My Calmness!
The Commitments!
Long Distance Relationship
Happy Birthday My Girl
Missed Me?
I'm Proud Of You
The Craving For Forever!
Naming ceremony
Why We're Together Arjun?
Am I going to loose Arjun!
We Need To Talk, Naina!
Because I Love You Arjun
If Nothing Lasts Forever, Be My Nothing
This Wasn't Fall, It Was Fly
Chilhood Memories
Facing The Past
Arjun's Birthday
It's Dated Fourteen Years Back !
Proposed!
My Constant
Interviews!
Forecasting!!
The Big Day
The Tragic Night
Winning The Battle
Love Conquers All
EPILOGUE
NEW BOOK

Got My Home After Days

2.2K 167 12
By the_meltinglines

ARJUN'S POV

Dropping her to her home, I called Mrs. Jain informing her that I won't be at office now for today.

And I directly drove to Tennis court.

"Be at court in 20 minutes" I called and told Nishant.

And in some time he was there where as, I just.. Was Angry!

"It's not even Saturday! " He said and I looked at him when he didn't say anything and took his racquet.

The only one who could handle the game when I'm angry is Nishant.

And it was three hours after which I was totally drained and I dropped the racquet and sat on the side keeping my head on the wall behind.

"What happened" Nishant asking taking same position and I closed my eyes denying.

"You dropped Naina! Something happened? " He said and I looked at him.

"Nothing" I replied

"You played three hours straight, without any break. You broke a phone in between and well, you're still burning holes on the ground. Definitely something has happened." He said

"I'm tired. I wanna sleep" I snapped

"Calm down. You're very angry right now. You'll hurt yourself more" He said

"I hurt her more I guess. And even if she leaves me, I can't stop her because I know she deserves a life that she wants. She can't just hold herself only because I want" I told and he sighed yet nodded.

"Come, let's go home" He mumbled

"I don't want to. You go" I replied

"Arjun, I don't want everyone to ask questions which will mess the situation more then it already is. So just come" He stated and I sighed yet nodded.

We moved home and I straight went to my room and closed my eyes hoping the night to end.

The October passed brutal. Naina didn't stop talking to me but her messages and calls were clear that she was hurt.
And in these twenty days, she didn't even see me for once.

I know I was the one to be blamed here because she healed something she didn't break and yet she was breaking herself for me.

And I hated myself for this.

And I hated more because neither could I free her totally nor could I hold her totally.

It was November 3rd and next day's  Diwali.

Both families were to organize a Diwali meet and greet event on the next day of Diwali.

I didn't force her to talk or meet because I knew she needed time and I wanted to give her that time.

But, it wouldn't be a lie if I would say that life seemed like a corpse again! Because, without realizing...

She was becoming my life!

NAINA'S  POV

"Hey Nishant bhaiya. Hi Ruh" I wished as I kept my bag on the table and they both smiled at me.

"So how's preparation for Diwali meet up" Nishant bhaiya asked

"Good Bhaiya. Decorations and catering have been decided. There's a game zone too for kids so that they'll also be engaged. And other then that, Diwali's  next day is all about meeting, greeting, eating and well... Gossips" I said and he laughed.

"So what's plans for Diwali" Ruh asked

"Am, nothing special. Just.. Diwali I guess" I chuckled and they both looked at me.

"It's your favorite festival di. We know" Ruh said and I knew who told them.

"Ruh, go and tell chef to bake fresh chocolate cake" Nishant bhaiya told and Ruh nodded leaving.

"Naina, what's bothering you" He asked

"Where bhaiya" I asked chuckling

"Naina. I knew what happened on Ahaan's naming ceremony. And I'm not at all telling you that my brother was right. But, this taking space and time isn't going well for you both. You both know that somewhere. Don't you? " He questioned.

"It's not like that bhaiya. It's.. It's complicated" I sighed

"Naina, I don't know if this will be right to speak as his brother but I can't see him like this. I know you're breaking everyday just for one assurance, but he's breaking exactly same for not being able to give you that assurance" He said and I looked at him.

"Do you find Arjun insensitive? " He asked and I looked at him shocked.

"What, no. He's more sensitive then all of us. He just never shows it hiding behind his blank eyes" I replied

"Exactly Naina. He wasn't this since start. You too, know what had happened back then. And that's why he just kept himself so much busy with work and only work so that he can build just one identity that is I'm the toughest guy to hide that I'm sensitive guy. Even we people at home doesn't get to see this side of him which is in front of you. We see a happy Arjun. We see the Arjun who as if got his life to live again" Nishant bhaiya said and I just looked at him too shocked to even speak anything.

"After whatever happened in his life, he guarded himself more . He didn't let people get close to him. He don't even open up. He just, whenever he's angry, he just smashes back to back games in Tennis so that he's so tired to even speak. All he said that day to me was that even if you leaves him, he can't stop you because you deserve a life that you want. You can't just hold yourself only because he wants. He even tried to hide that one tear which left his eye in the shadow of sweat, but I'm a brother Naina. I saw that" He added and I looked at him shocked.

"Dumb of ass. I hate it when he says that you deserve better shit" I muttered

"Naina, he's not someone who opens up to people easily. Heck he doesn't even open up to me completely. But he has in front of you. I don't know Naina what magic you carry but it's surely something and I'm grateful for this. And I'm not talking in air Naina. The times he has talked about you, I've seen him talking without a weight. Don't go on his words. His actions speak louder. I hope his words too do. I don't know what you two exactly talked that day, but just be.. Patient with him. Don't leave him. Make him believe in your world. Please" He whispered and a tear left my eye which I wiped.

I knew I was important for Arjun, but this much? I didn't even realize! I was completely deeply in love with him and no denial was there but he was this serious for me that he cried!

Arjun freaking Singhania has never ever had teary eyes. And I can't just ignore even a single word that bhaiya said because yes, I've seen that soft, caring side of Arjun. In the embrace, in the kisses, in the hand holding mine and even from distance in his eyes. Each commitment I asked for, he didn't even flinch while giving them.

Right at this moment, I knew, I'm not going to leave his side now till destiny just pulls me away from him brutally.

That laughter which was ringing in my ears, was echoing more and I was in love with the man more.

"This was needed bhaiya. Thankyou" I whispered

"You.. Not leaving him right" He asked and I chuckled wiping my tears.

"Not till destiny pushes me away from him. I just hope, we get through this" I said and he nodded

"Naina, he's my brother. But you're like a small sister I & Ruh never had. I promise the moment I feel that Arjun is being a pain in the ass, I'll stand in front of you to fight with him. Promise" He assured and I smiled.

"I want him to understand things by his own. I wish he does" I said and he nodded.

For a second, he looked at phone and then after a minute Ruhaan came with a cake in real.

"You sent him purposefully right" I asked

"He's most emotional. I didn't want him to cry more then you" He joked and I chuckled

"I hope you're going to eat that." He said as he sat on the couch of the bakery with us.

"Of course I'm going to" I replied and had the cake.

After a bit of chit chats, I left for home because it was Diwali time and well, tomorrow I'm going to just go and hug that idiot tightly.

The night passed so soon and it was the Diwali day. Everywhere around the house the floral decorations were taking place where as, I was busy in one of my most favorite work, Rangoli making.

"Naina! How much time more" Mom asked

"Why! You need help" I asked

"Either you come or send your bhabhi. It's already afternoon. The temple has to be decorated" She said

"You complete this. I'll look at the temple" Bhabhi told and I nodded.

I was busy doing the rangoli when I saw Aashi bhabhi's call.

Putting it on speaker I spoke.

"Hey" I spoke.

"Hello madam. What's going on." She asked

"Rangoli. You tell me" I questioned back

"Just seeing to the decorations and helping everyone" She replied

"Great! You coming tonight right? " I asked

"Yes! We all are. Nishi is like so excited to meet Raavi" She said

"Even she's and I'm like much more excited to see Ahaan" I exclaimed

"Really. Just Ahaan" She chuckled

"I mean everyone. It's like after years I'm gonna see everyone of you on Diwali. It has always been uncle and aunty but this time I'm so happy that you all are coming" I said

"Same here. Okay let's get to work and pooja. Will see you tonight. Bye" She sang and I chuckled

"Bye" I replied and cut the call.

I finished all the colorful rangoli and floral rangoli in front of the home and then went to mom asking if she needed some more help.

"No. Now you both go and get ready. And get my Raavi ready too" Mom said

"Naina di, just get Raavi ready na. I'll do some pending work till then" Bhabhi told and I nodded going when I saw that little brat running where as dad was trying to make her eat.

"Raavi! Eat the last bite then bhua will get you ready" I said and she nodded as she ate it and then we went to bhabhi's room.

I made her wear the Indian dress and honestly, she looked so cute.

"I love you Bhui! It's so pretty dress." She kissed my cheek and I chuckled.

"Okay. Now be a good girl and go downstairs." I said and she nodded.

After that I went to my room, took a bath, dried my hairs and jumped into my attire.

It was a light pink colored lehenga and honestly I felt good wearing it.

Pairing it with heavy hanging earrings and a ring, I let my hairs flow open and went downstairs.

Everyone was ready and the dad started with the pooja which lasted for 2 hours.

After this, we went outside and lit crackers when I heard car honk.

"Singhania's are here" Bhabhi said and I nodded as a small smile cane on my lips.

"Ehm! Someone's eager to see somebody huh" She teased and I laughed

"It's nothing like that" I said

"Though, someone's going to be whipped by you seeing you in this. You look so gorgeous in this" Bhabhi complimented and I smiled.

"Naina" Aashi bhabhi's voice came and I smiled as I saw the Singhania family.

"Aashi bhabhi" I grinned and went near hugging her.

"Happy Diwali" I wished

"Happy Diwali. You look so stunning" She said and I chuckled

"You don't even look mother of two kids" I winked and she laughed.

"And what do I look? " Vrinda aunty asked

"Sweet sixteen" I winked and she chuckled hugging me.

"Happy Diwali" She wished and I wished her back.

I wished everyone and touched daadi's feet taking blessing.

But I was searching that eldest son of Singhania's who wasn't here.

Didn't he come!

I saw Nishant bhaiya coming with Ahaan in his arms.

"Give me my sweetheart" I said and he chuckled nodding as I took Ahaan in my arms.

"Awe. He looks so cute in this. And hey! We match! Look baby pink and baby pink" I grinned and everyone chuckled.

"Am.. Bhaiya..where's he? " I asked

"A call came so he. . Oh here he's" He said and I turned to look around.

And there he was! In his all glory!

And I was a bit shocked to see him in that attire.

I still remember we bought it from Udaipur and he said, he'll wear it on some special occasion.

It was light pink colored kurta with white pajamas and white half jacket adorned with maroon colored pocket piece in that jacket.

And it suited him perfectly!

As his eyes met mine, he looked at me but there wasn't even the tiniest of smile on his face. And I knew, I was the reason of that frown.

So I did what I needed to do.

I smiled at him widely.

For a second he was shocked but then I saw a my most favorite sight.

He smiled!!

And I felt as if, I got my home after days!

______________________________________

Hey guys! Hope you all are doing amazing.

So, how was the chapter?

Arjun's angry on himself for not being what Naina wants! Isn't this what a real partner means, who doesn't like it when he/she couldn't complete each and every basic expectation of their partner 🥺

Naina too wasn't happy but her fears of past have engulfed her into this.

But indeed she was shown a light from Nishant. Oh man, these brothers for each other ❤

And, it's Diwali! 😁

Let's see what happens ! Will things get good between them, or things gonna take a bad turn again!

Do vote, like, share & reviews are always welcomed.

Update soon!

Till then...

Big hugs ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 51.1K 51
~Won in the Romance Category in Wattpad South Asia Awards 2021~ • Adira Singhania, 24 year old famous psychologist in Mumbai. Being completed her PhD...
79.4K 3.4K 77
Top hash tags #1 - fictional character #3- Sizzling #3- celebrity #3- fictional characters #4- couple Dear Readers, Before you embark on the journey...
20.4K 1.2K 36
Thanishna, a 22-year-old student in her last semester. 📚 Despite her bubbly exterior, she's a sensitive soul. Her love for eating and sleeping is un...
1.4M 63.1K 47
•MADIRA VARMA• An innocent and chirpy girl whose whole world revolves around her small little family. Anyone who sees her would agree without a secon...