Love, Aurora

booksByA99 tarafından

Aurora has always had one goal; to study and get as far away as possible from her house. Life was never easy... Daha Fazla

Introductions
Aesthetics
Playlist
|01|
|02|
|03|
|05|
|06|
|07|
|08|
|09|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|28|
|29|
|30|
|31|
|32|
|33|
|34|
|35|
[35]
A/N

|04|

1.3K 30 14
booksByA99 tarafından

M I L O

"Man up, Milo." My father snaps.

I blink. "She's my mother. I'm allowed to go see her."

"No, you're not. You are in my custody."

"I know you are but she's still my fucking mom." I snap. "Get that through your skull, im tired of explaining this to you."

"How can you still want to see her? After everything she's done to you?" My father says.

I stay quiet, swallowing. "Fuck you, dad. You're not any better than her."

With that, I hang up the phone and throw it on the ground. My door swings open and Xavier looks at my now broken phone.

"What now? Wait, no, let me guess. Your dad?"

"Yeah."

"What'd he say?" He asks, sitting on the couch.

"I want to go to see my mother in Enfield." I mumble. "Hes not letting me."

Xavier frowns. "Maybe he's right."

"Seriously? You're on his side now?"

"Its been six whole month since I've seen her. I have to see her again. I don't even know if she's okay, if she's even alive."

Xavier sighs. "You know what happened last time you went."

"It won't happen again. She apologised."

"She also did that the other hundred times you went to visit her. We can't keep doing this over and over again, Milo. You keep making the same mistakes."

"It won't happen again."

Xavier runs a hand down his face. "No, it is going to happen and you know it."

"Since when did you start being a bitch?"

"Since I realised how stupid you are. I can't keep telling you which choices are right and wrong. I'm not your father."

"I never asked you to be my father. I can make my own choices." I say, standing up. "How can you hold that against me when i never asked you to?"

"Because I can't keep seeing you get hurt all the time." He snaps. "You can't make decisions for your own sake."

"Just fuck off, Xavier." I say, pushing him out of the room.

"If you're going to go, Milo, just know you're making a mistake, again." He says, walking out of my room.

I look at my phone and sigh. This is my second phone this year and its only January.

☆☆☆

"What are you doing with her?" I ask as Louis approaches our table, walking away from a smiling Rora.

Louis frowns. "Since when do you care?"

"I don't, im just asking because I know her."

"She's hot." Louis shrugs. "And shes cute."

"Youve got to stop leading girls on like that." Aarush mumbles. I hit his leg under the table. He's always the one who always what he thinks, even if its an outrageous thought. He widens his eyes at me.

"What? I'm just saying." He mouths at me. I roll my eyes and look back at Louis.

"Milo does it. Why can't I?" Louis shrugs.

"I don't lead girls on. I only find them, hook up and im done." I snap. "There's a difference. Rora doesn't know what you're trying to do."

"Why do you care so much anyway?" Louis asks.

"I don't." I say, smiling fakely at him. "Do what you want."

"Oh, I will." He grins. I roll my eyes and stand up, heading straight to her table.

Her eyes lift up from her book and she sighs, rolling her eyes at me. "You were smiling the whole time he was talking to you, what'd I do?"

"I just don't like you." She sighs. "What do you want?"

"You." I wink.

"Goodbye, Milo."

I smile. "Bye, sweetheart."

☆☆☆

"Milo! One picture!"

I huff and ignore all the bright lights flashing on my face and the sound of cameras clicking. I've already got a damn headache. I open the door of my car and get in, sighing.

"Milo! Please!"

I start the engine and drive straight past the crowd of people and back to school. I park, lock the car and go to my room.

"What's got you in a mood?" Aarush asks.

"Fuck off."

I grab my bag and head to the library to meet Rora. "Hey."

"Hi, so, your dorm?" She asks.

"Damn." I grin. "Im kind of too busy to hook up right now, sweetheart, but definitely later."

Her face scrunches up in disgust. "Ew, no. So I can tutor you, idiot."

"Sure." I smile. "What's wrong with the library, though? I don't mind it public."

"Im going to throw up, Milo. Stop it." She says, pushing my chest.

"Follow me, sweetheart." I smile, heading to my dorm.

"Hey, Rory." Aarush nods, smiling.

"Hi." Rora smiles sweetly. "So, your room?"

I smirk. "Sure."

"Nevermind." She mumbles. I roll my eyes and pull her to my room.

Once she steps foot in my room, she looks around. "Woah."

"Why, thank you." I say, sitting on my bed.

She slowly walks over to my desk and then looks at the polaroid picture on my wall. Her jaw drops and she glances at the name on the white part.

Its a picture of me getting out of my car, grinning with a cigarette between my lips with a crowd of people being me with barriers pulling them away from me. And there was my name just below it.

That day I had won a big game of my life and had gotten more than 2 million dollars. That was probably the best day of my life.

"Alvarez?" She says, looking back at me.

"Yeah?"

"You're Milo Alvarez?"

I groan. "Dont tell me you're another fan with my picture in your bedroom."

She rolls her eyes. "Id rather have a picture of a donkey."

I roll my eyes. "Why do you sound so surprised?"

"Because my father hates you."

My eyebrows rise in surprise. "Oh?"

"My father loves cars and racing. He's always betting on it and always has races on the TV every month. We've lost thousands of bucks of you."

"Well, you're welcome." I smile. It kind of didn't go well with me knowing her father doesn't like me.

"Dad thinks you're...too pretty. He thinks you're too good and he doesn't believe someone could be that good."

"I don't know what to say." I say, tilting my head. "How didn't you recognise me?"

"I don't watch races, never did. I didn't even knew you. All I know about it your name on newspaper and dad screaming 'fucking Alvarez' in the living room."

"Right." I say, clearing my throat. "So, im pretty, huh?"

☆☆☆

"Are you serious?"

I look down at the ground. "I studied, I swear."

"Then? What happened?"

"I blacked out. I couldn't remember." I shrug. "Not my fault."

"I studied with you, for days. We spent hours together and you get a D?"

I huff. "Are you done?"

"No, im not done. I'm not just going to let you fail. You were doing so good, what happened?"

"I have other shit going on."

"What is it?"

"None of your business." I mutter. "Now, are you done or not?"

"Im not yelling at you for my pleasure, Milo. I'm trying to figure out what happened."

"I told you, I fucking blacked out." I snap. "Cant you understand that?"

Rora sighs and throws the paper at me. "I don't know if you still want my help or not. If you do, I'll help but you've got to promise that you'll try."

"No, you can fuck off." I mutter. "I don't need you or your help."

She stares mouth opened and scoffs. "I don't even know why I volunteered to help you again but you know what? Even better for me."

"Fuck you."

"Yeah, you too, jackass." She mumbles, walking away. I sigh, looking down at the big 'D' circled in red on my paper.

"Alvarez, my office." George says, storming towards me.

I groan. "Fuck my life."

I follow her into the office and take a seat. She sits down, takes off her glasses and glares at me. "You know what you're here, aren't you?"

"Yes."

"And I told you the consequences, didn't I?"

"Yes."

"And you know you're going to have to face it, right?"

"Well, about that, I was thinking I could give you a few bucks-"

"Shut it, Alvarez. I'm calling your father."

I glare at her. "You know how he is, Georg- Mrs George. He's a dick."

"You can't be furious at me. I warned you, didn't I? You chose not to listen. You can say goodbye to your racing team."

"What?"

"You can see yourself out." She says, putting her glasses back on and going back to her computer.

I hate my life.

I walk out of the office and head back to my dorm. "Yo, party tonight?" Louis yells.

I blink. Well, what do I have left?
"Yeah, what time?"

And here I am, high off my mind, sitting on the couch looking at the spinning room.

"I am starving." I say to Xavier.

"So cool." He nods, bobbing his head up and down. "So relatable."

"You're higher than me, dude." I laugh.

"Same." He nods.

"Im out." I say, getting up and stumbling upstairs.

"Why, hello." I smile at the chick infront of me. "You busy?"

"Not anymore." She grins, pulling me in a room.

I love my life.

☆☆☆

"So, watermelons don't grow out of trees?"

I recognise that voice immediately. (And the stupidity) I turn around. "Rora."

Her eyes snap towards mine and she glares at me before walking away with her friends.

"That's on you, man." Xavier shrugs.

"I know, Xavier." I mumble, watching as she walks away, laughing.

"Why do you care so much?"

"Why don't you shut the fuck up, Louis?" I smile.

"Im just saying." He says with his hands up. "You've never cared before."

"And I still don't." I say.

I don't.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

95.7K 1.8K 20
Josh and Katie have been best friends since he first moved nextdoor midway through freshman year. They were attached to the hip and acted like they'v...
6.7K 117 26
Kendall has always lived a quiet life in a small town in Illinois with her family, friends, and boyfriend Jordan. Her life had been mostly happy othe...
63.1K 1.3K 44
All the way throughout elementary school it was always Bella, Leo, Liz, Flynn, Nate, Elliot and Amelia. They were all long time friends.. In the sop...
4.6M 107K 48
[01/07/2021] - [13/04/2023] "You can't keep going around like a fucking maniac and treating me like shit. That isn't how relationships work," Sophia'...