If It Makes You Happy

By swellsxoxo

Lauren has always been different all her life. She knew she wasn't like most people, until she met a girl nam... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 [Completed]
Author's Note

Chapter 14

9.2K 268 359
By swellsxoxo

I was forced to leave Camila's hospital room by the doctor and I wasn't too thrilled about it. Normani had to take me out of the room. She brought me to Maia's hospital room and Normani told me that I had to be quiet since Maia was sleeping.

"Is my Maia like Camz?" I asked Normani.

"I don't think so. It depends on what you mean" Normani said.

"Camz won't wake up. I think she's playing a game but I don't like it" I said.

"Oh... no Maia is going to wake up. She's just tired from her surgery" Normani said.

"What about Camz?" I asked.

"Uh... I'm not about that. She will wake up when she feels like it" Normani said.

"That's not nice" I said.

"It's not really her fault Lauren. It's her brain's fault" Normani said.

"I don't like it" I said.

"Maybe it's better this way for all of us" Normani said.

Maia began to stir and I grabbed Maia's hand.

"I think I should go. Just text me when you need me" Normani said.

"Okay," I said as Normani left the hospital room.

Maia opened her eyes and looked into my green eyes. I felt Maia squeeze my hand as she smiled at me.

"Hello sleepyhead" I said.

"Hey Laur" Maia said wincing when she moved.

"Does it hurt?" I asked.

"A little but not too much" Maia said.

"I saw the dragons but you didn't feel well" I said.

"I'm sorry but we will watch it again. I promise" Maia said.

"We can watch it now, right?" I asked.

"No, not right now we can just spend time together" Maia said.

"Okay, if that's what you want" I said.

Maia scrunched up her eyes in confusion. "Lauren, what do you mean by that?" Maia asked.

"If that's what you want to do" I said.

"We don't have to spend time together if you don't want to. I didn't mean to make it sound like you had to do it" Maia said.

"You won't get mad?" I asked.

"No, why would I be mad?" Maia asked.

"You might get mad and punish me like Camz did" I said.

"Listen, I would never hurt you Lauren" Maia said.

"I know but everyone gets mad sometimes" I said.

"Hey, I promise I would never do what she did to you" Maia said.

"Okay," I said.

"You can sit up here with me if you want" Maia said.

I got up from my seat and lay down next to Maia in her hospital bed. I did my best to not sit on any of the stuff that was hooked up to her.

"I'm not hurting you, am I?" I asked when I wrapped my arms around Maia.

"No, you're fine" Maia said resting her head on my chest.

"So, what we do now?" I asked.

"We could watch TV" Maia said pointing to the remote controller and I reached over to grab it.

"Will there be goldfish?" I asked.

"I don't think the hospital actually serves that or any good food really but I promise when I get out of here that I will get you goldfish" Maia said.

"Okay," I said turning on the TV.

Maia scrunched up her nose and looked up at me. "Okay is your favorite word" Maia said and then kissed me on the cheek.

"I don't have a favorite word" I said.

"I'm sure you don't" Maia chuckled.

"I'm confused" I said.

"Aren't we all" Maia said as I flipped through the channels.

Eventually, Maia fell asleep and her parents came so I left to go find Normani. When I found Normani she was talking to Natasha. I was about to approach them until Elise stopped me.

"I don't think you would want to be involved in that" Elise said before she slurped from her slushy.

"Why are they mad?" I asked.

"I have no clue. I didn't bother to ask" Elise said.

"This is not good" I said.

Elise shrugged. "They aren't mad at one another. They are mad at someone named Camila. I couldn't hear the rest because Natasha closed the door" Elise said.

"But Camz is sleeping" I said.

"Right, is that the girl that's in a coma?" Elise asked.

Before I could answer the door opened revealing a nervous Normani.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing," Normani said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Positive but I need to get you home" Normani said.

Natasha came out of the room and gave Normani a look. "You can't take Lauren home it isn't safe for her there" Natasha said.

"Fine, I'll take her to my house" Normani said.

"Just be on guard just in case anything happens" Natasha said.

"Come on Lauren" Normani said walking to the elevator.

I was about to follow Mani to the elevator until I realized that Natasha wasn't following me.

"Come on Nat" I said.

"I'm going to stay with Elise for a bit" Natasha said.

"You are?" Elise asked.

"Yes I am but I will see you around buddy" Natasha said.

"Okay," I said.

"You be safe" Natasha said.

"I will" I said and then ran to catch up with Normani.

When I got into the elevator, I could tell something was bothering Normani but I knew better than to ask her what was wrong until she told me. Normani muttered to herself and then the elevator doors opened revealing Tori and Ally.

"Hi," I said waving at them.

Normani put my hand down and shook her head at me.

"Hey Lauren and Mani" Ally said.

"Don't speak to us" Normani said and then the elevator doors opened up again and Normani grabbed my hand pulling me off the elevator.

Normani drove my car to her place and when we got inside she made a beeline for her bedroom while I wandered into the kitchen. I was about to approach the fridge when I heard Normani yelling upstairs. I was going to run up there to see what was wrong but then I realized she was on the phone.

"How fucking dare you call me a hypocrite when you're doing the same thing I was doing. You made me look like an idiot in front of everyone and you were lying also" Normani yelled.

I pulled out a container of macaroni and cheese and dumped it all on a plate. I put it in the microwave and set the time. I was about to walk into the living room until I saw movement coming from the dining room. I knew it couldn't have been Normani since she was upstairs and then I heard Normani scream.

"Run Lauren" Normani yelled and then something was being knocked over upstairs.

I did as I was told and ran out of the backdoor and I heard someone running behind me. I knew that I would have to jump the fence so I braced myself as I jumped over the fence with ease, but the person chasing behind me had difficulty. I wasn't sure where I was running, but since Normani told me to run. I did.

I ended up running to Maia's house that night, but I couldn't get into her house so I ended up going into her backyard. I walked into the shed and saw that it wasn't like a typical shed. It was almost as if someone lived here. I made sure whoever stayed here wasn't there at the moment and locked the door behind me. I ended up falling asleep after humming the song that Normani always singed to me before I went to sleep.

****

I woke up when I felt like I was burning up and I realized that I wasn't in my bed. I rubbed my eyes to get the sleep out of them and then unlocked the door to the shed. The sunlight blinded me for a bit before my eyes adjusted. A little boy with brown hair looked at me and smiled with a red ball in his hand.

"Do you want to play?" the little boy asked.

"Sure," I said and the little boy tossed me the ball.

"I'm Charlie, what's your name?" Charlie said as I caught the ball.

"I'm Lauren" I said tossing the ball back to Charlie.

"You're dating my sister?" Charlie asked.

"Yes," I said.

"That's cool" Charlie said throwing the ball to me again.

"Charlie, you need to get ready for school" Maia's mom Jill called from the house.

Charlie groaned and I threw the ball back at him. "I have to go now but we can play when we get back" Charlie said.

"Okay," I said.

"You should come inside for breakfast. My mom is making Toaster Strudel" Charlie said and then he grabbed my hand and pulled me into Maia's house.

"Charlie, go wash up" Jill said facing away from Charlie and I.

"Look mom I made a new friend" Charlie said.

Jill turned around and saw me. She was shocked at first and then smiled and told Charlie to go get ready.

"Have a seat Lauren" Jill said and I sat down at the dining room table.

"Charlie said there's Toaster Strudel" I said.

Jill chuckled. "There sure is. How many would you like?" Jill asked.

"How many can I have?" I asked.

"We'll start off with one first to see if you like it" Jill said putting one pastry on a plate and then placing it in front of me.

"Can I eat it now?" I asked.

"Knock yourself out" Jill said.

I picked up the pastry and took a bite of it and liked it almost immediately. I didn't notice Maia's dad Alex walk into the room since I was concentrating on finishing the rest of the delicious pastry.

"Charlie told me that Maia's girlfriend was here" Alex said.

"He wasn't wrong" Jill said.

"Do her parents know she's here?" Alex asked.

"I doubt it they called last night in panic but I will call them now to let them know. Try keeping her company" Jill said and then walked out of the kitchen.

"May I have another?" I asked when I finished the pastry.

Alex cleared his throat. "Sure, do you want blueberry or strawberry?" Alex asked.

"Both," I said.

"Excellent choice" Alex said smiling at me.

I wasn't sure how many Toaster Strudels that I ate, but once Charlie came back into the kitchen in his school uniform that I couldn't eat anymore.

"Did you beat my record Lauren?" Charlie asked sitting down at the dining table.

"She sure did son" Alex said.

"I ate twenty" I said.

"I was only able to eat ten. You definitely beat my record" Charlie said.

"I want to see Maia now" I said standing up.

Jill walked back into the room. "Okay, I will take you to see her after your parents see you first" Jill said.

"I need to get my car from Normani's house first" I said.

"Alex, you mind taking Charlie to school?" Jill asked.

"It's no problem" Alex said.

"Alright then come on Lauren" Jill said.

Jill drove me to Normani's house and I thought I would just have to get my car, but there were cops surrounding Normani's house. Before Jill could put the car in park, I already bolted out of the car and into Normani's house. Normani's dad saw me and stopped me from going upstairs.

"Is Mani hurt?" I asked.

"She's fine. She fell down the stairs and a lot of stuff was broken" Normani's dad said.

"Do you know who it was?" I asked.

"No clue. I thought you would know since Normani refuses to tell anyone. She just stares out the window of her hospital room" Normani's dad said.

"Okay, I go visit her now" I said leaving Normani's house and getting into my car.

"Is everything alright?" Jill asked.

"It is fine. We can go to the hospital now" I said.

When we got to the hospital, I went to go visit Normani first. She seemed angry when I came into the room.

"Is Mani okay?" I asked.

"Lauren, you shouldn't be here" Normani said.

"Yes I should. You are my friend" I said.

"Those people that attacked me, they weren't after me they were after you" Normani said.

"Is that why you told me to run?" I asked.

"Yes, just be careful who you talk to Lauren" Normani said.

"Okay, can I go see Maia now?" I asked.

"Sure you can. I will still be here" Normani said.

I left Normani's room and headed straight to Maia's room, but before I walked in I heard Jill talking to Maia.

"I think she was sleeping in the shed" Jill said.

"Maybe she was scared" Maia said.

"There were cops at this friend's house that she went to. I'm rather concerned for her" Jill said.

"I will talk to her about it mom" Maia snapped.

"I just want you to be safe is all" Jill said.

"I'm doing my best to keep Lauren safe also" Maia said.

"That really isn't your job sweetie" Jill said.

"She's my girlfriend and I'm going to protect her. I wasn't asking for your permission" Maia said.

"I wasn't trying to upset you. I was just telling you that I was concerned" Jill said.

"Mom, can we please stop talking about this? I don't want her to hear this conversation. She already has to deal with enough as it is" Maia said.

"I'll be back when I get off work" Jill said kissing Maia on the forehead.

I entered the room and Maia smiled at me. "Hey you, I was wondering when you were going to show up" Maia said.

"Lauren, don't forget to call your parents" Jill said before leaving Maia and I in the hospital room by ourselves.

"My mom said you had a lot of pastries for breakfast" Maia said.

"They are Toaster Strudels" I said lying next to Maia on her hospital bed.

"Did you beat Charlie's record?" Maia asked as she ran her fingers through my hair soothingly.

"Yes, I ate ten more than him" I said.

"I bet I can eat ten more than you" Maia said.

"No you can't" I said.

"I think I can" Maia said.

"Your tummy will hurt if you do" I said.

"You're right it might will but that's a risk I'm willing to take" Maia said.

"You are funny" I said.

"And you're beautiful" Maia said.

I felt my face starting to get hot and looked away from Maia.

"I like your Australian" I said.

Maia chuckled. "You like my accent?" Maia asked.

"Yes," I said.

"You don't have to look away when you give me compliments" Maia said.

I looked back at Maia. "I'm sorry" I said.

"You don't have to apologize it's just that I enjoy looking into your green eyes when you talk" Maia said.

Maia leaned closer to me and our lips connected. Her kiss was sweet and gentle and we both got so lost in the kiss that we didn't notice someone looking at us through the window of the hospital door.

Elise's POV

"You people are so immature and dramatic" I said leaning up against the hospital wall.

Sinu looked into Maia's hospital room and made a disgusted face.

"I think it's time that the doctor takes Camila out of a coma" Sinu said.

"I'm still trying to understand the point of all of this" I said.

"My daughter is hurting so I'm trying to not let her hurt anymore" Sinu said.

"You know your daughter could always find someone else to date" I said.

"You're very irritating" Sinu said.

"If I recall correctly you're the one who came to me" I said.

"I wanted you to spy on Natasha not develop a relationship with her" Sinu said.

"Well shit happens and not to mention she's hot" I said.

"Those idiots Brad and Jacob allowed Lauren to get away" Sinu said.

"Was pushing Normani down the stairs necessary?" I asked.

"Jacob will receive his consequences for messing with someone who we agreed to be protected for Ally's sake" Sinu said.

"Are we still doing the Homecoming plan or not?" I asked.

"It's still in effect and make sure Tori and Ally are ready. I want no screw ups this time" Sinu said.

"They're fine they don't need babysitting and I don't recall signing up to be anyone's keeper" I said.

"Just make sure everything goes according to plan" Sinu said and then walked away.

What Sinu didn't know was that I was not the only one who knew about the Homecoming plan.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

328K 8.6K 36
What happens when Camila finds a Girl with absolutely nothing but her son. Will Laurens hidden life come up and break her relationship with Camila...
654 43 13
Lauren is a 17 year old lesbian she has always liked girls but she usually just becomes close friends with her crushes because her feelings fade away...
314K 6.3K 37
Lauren has a dream about kissing a beautiful girl. During her first day of school she meets a girl named Camila. What will Lauren do when she realize...
12.5K 408 10
Camila Cabello, Lauren Jauregui, two young girls who became a little more than friends at a young age. That was until someone had to leave. Years lat...