NOTHING

By the_meltinglines

Some people enter our life so unexpectedly at a time we never expect. They make a serious impact in our life... More

Copyrights & Character Aesthetics
I'm Arjun Singhania
I'm Naina Rathi
When Arjun Meets Naina!
She's A Family Friend!
Unfolding our Pasts
You're My Best Friend!
You're Constant
See You In Delhi!
Happy Birthday Arjun!
You're The Exception Of My Life!
The God Damn Sparks!
Why Being Something More!
Naina At Home!
Wanna Live Upto Your Expectations
What The Hell Just Happened To Him!
She Can Make Even A Corpse Smile!
I Like You Naina!
Is Ananya Cheating!
Hitting The Wrong Nerve!
The Complicated Feelings!
Is It A Yes, Yes Naina?
We're Dating!
I Need Time With You
You Make Me Vulnerable
You're My Peace
My Calmness!
The Commitments!
Long Distance Relationship
Happy Birthday My Girl
Missed Me?
I'm Proud Of You
The Craving For Forever!
Naming ceremony
Why We're Together Arjun?
Got My Home After Days
Am I going to loose Arjun!
We Need To Talk, Naina!
Because I Love You Arjun
If Nothing Lasts Forever, Be My Nothing
This Wasn't Fall, It Was Fly
Chilhood Memories
Facing The Past
Arjun's Birthday
It's Dated Fourteen Years Back !
Proposed!
My Constant
Interviews!
Forecasting!!
The Big Day
The Tragic Night
Winning The Battle
Love Conquers All
EPILOGUE
NEW BOOK

What Are You Doing To Me Naina

3K 191 15
By the_meltinglines

ARJUN'S POV

We all were currently in the car waiting to reach City Palace.

Naina was wearing an ivory colored ethnic jumpsuit and it suited her well.

"Did you have your breakfast?" I asked and she nodded.

"I'm not going to kill you. Stop being a kitten " I mocked and she huffed!

"And we're here back to the Arjun, my best friend! The mocking one!!" she muttered but I heard it.

"Always" I replied

We reached City palace and man it was as described marvelous!

"I love this place" Naina mumbled 

"This is a freaking beauty" Ruhaan said and I nodded.

CITY PALACE, UDAIPUR

As we moved inside we were told how it was the largest palace of the state! Built in granite and marble, City Palace complex was worth admiring for its perfect blend of Medieval, European and Chinese architecture.

"You know this complex have 11 small palaces" Chachu told

As we entered inside ,I saw the interiors of the palace complex were as commendable as its exteriors. The intricate mirror-work, marble-work, murals, wall paintings, silver-work, inlay-work and colored glass that adorned the balconies, towers and cupolas of the complex were worth admiring.

Businessman inside me took many notes from here of how to attract tourists in hotels.

We first saw Amar vilas. It was located at the highest point of the City Palace & was an elevated garden that served as the topmost court within the complex.  Amar Vilas was the entry point to Badi Mahal, another alluring structure within the complex. Adorned with beautiful hanging gardens, fountains, towers and terraces, Amar Vilas served as a leisure home for the kings.

Next We saw Badi Mahal

" Also known as Great Palace/Garden Palace, Badi Mahal is the main palace in the complex that sits magnificently on a 89 ft high rock formation. Badi Mahal houses a swimming pool which was used for Holi celebrations in the past, and a hall that exhibits miniature paintings." our guide told us and we looked around.

"This is beautiful" Chachi beamed

"Indeed! Glory" Mom too agreed 

BADI MAHAL

Next we entered the Bhim Vilas !

"I love it" Naina mumbled as she saw paintings of Lord Krishna and Radha illustrating their real life stories.

BHIM VILAS

There was a place called Chini chitrashala which depicted Chinese & Dutch ornamented work and it was amazing!

CHINI CHITRASHALA

After leaving Bhim there we reached Manak Chowk.

"Magnificent " Nishant mumbled as we saw a raised alcove with mirror glass work. There was even A Sun face emblem on the façade of Manak Chowk representing the Sun god worshipped by the kings.

"Really amazing" dad said 

MANAK CHOWK

We then reached Durbaar Hall.

It was spot for banquets and meetings. The hall is decorated luxuriously with chandeliers, luxurious interior works, portraits and others. 

DURBAAR HALL

The next was Mirror palace and it was spectacular.

MIRROR PALACE

"The most beautiful one" Aditi chirped as we entered Mor Chowk !

"You know Aadi, the three peacock represent three seasons. Summers, winters and monsoon! Am I right" Naina asked the guide and he nodded.

Of course Naina has done a whole research on her favorite city!

MOR CHOWK

We even saw the Zenana Mahal which was now a museum and even the Sheesh Mahal which king made for his queen!

"See Mitesh, the love" Aditi said and Aashi said the same to Nishant.

"Thank God, Tara isn't here" Avi exclaimed and everyone chuckled.

ZEENANA MAHAL

SHEESH MAHAL

"Naina, you don't want your would be husband to learn from this?" Chachi asked and she smiled denying.

"Why?" Daadi asked 

"If I'll measure the love of my would be husband in such things, What a lover I'll be! I'll rather want him to built himself to love me more everyday . Not this palaces" She said and everyone looked at her.

The typical Naina, having deep answers for such questions!

It took us almost four hours to see the complex and then we headed towards back where it were two hotels! SHIV NIWAS PALACE & FATEH PRAKASH PALACE.

SHIV NIWAS PALACE  & FATAH PRAKASH PALACE

"I wanna live here" Naina muttered

"And you said, you don't want palace and all" I mocked

"Excuse me sir, I never said I don't want palace. I said I don't want him to built palaces to show his love!

And here , I can see them and if want live in them too giving the rent of one night stay in hotel suite. I'm freaking independent " she narrowed her eyes speaking.

"My villa isn't less. My hotels too! " I muttered and she looked at me .

"Where did that come from?" she asked 

"No where" I mumbled and walked ahead.

And as we reached Fateh Prakash Palace, we went inside to have our lunch!

"Let's have dal baati choorma today?" Dad asked and everyone nodded.

"You'll gain calories" Nishi mumbled to me looking concerned

"I'll burn in gym Nishi" I told and she nodded and everyone chuckled.

"Okay! Daal baati choorma for everyone" Dad ordered the waiter.

"For desserts sir?" he asked handing the menu card which rotated and everyone gave their order.

"Angoori rasmalai, keep rabdi thick and good ! " I told and he nodded looking at Naina.

"Chocolate mud pie with ice cream" I added and Naina looked at me but didn't say anything.

"You'll eat this?" Mom asked 

"Am, no! It isn't for me" I mumbled and everyone at table looked at Naina!

"Daadi, Anjeer badam halwa for you" I added before anyone would've said anything and she nodded.

Great cover up Arjun!

Shut up sub concious!

Our order came and we started having our lunch when Naina's phone rang.

She was about to wipe her right hand when I picked the phone with my left hand and placed the phone near her ear.

She looked at me as I assured her, I won't be a tease and was just helping her!

She talked to her mom for some minutes and then gestured me to remove it and I did the same cutting the call.

What we both didn't notice was..my family!

I looked at everyone looking at me but I just glared at everyone and they all got back to food without word.

After we had our food, we visited Saheliyon Ki baadi which was a beautiful garden!

SAHELIYON KI BAADI

The another ride was the Pichola Lake where we all did boating and it was already evening.

Hence we visited Jagdish Temple and after some time we took boats and reached Jag Mandir Palace !

PICHOLA  LAKE  MANDIR PALACE 

"Super amazing" Nishi chirped 

"Chachu, dad. Why don't we buy this?" She asked and Nishant chuckled

"It's already a property of some one else's Nishi" Nishant replied

We all went inside and had our dinner with scenic views of the Udaipur! It looked breath taking.

It was already some what 11 pm and we reached Gangore Ghat and then moved to Ambrai ghat.

The city palace was opposite of it which was beaming with golden lights right at that time !

GANGORE GHAT & AMBRAI GHAT

And at Ambrai ghat there were some folk dances taking place . We all sat there for some time and after a while some youngsters started singing songs with their bands.

They weren't much but just some singers and guitarists yet the night and they made it worth listening.

I looked around to see everyone busy listening the songs and spending time with each other.

Of course her too who was sitting right beside me.

I sighed and shifted a bit near her placing her head on my shoulder. Since we were on edge we weren't even visible much and night...helped more.

"What's upto you Arjun. It's bothering me now "she asked 

"Just...can't let go of you" I told

 "You're ....my best friend Arjun" She mumbled

"I'll always be! Promise" I sincerely said and she looked at me.

"You're engaged! Whatever little moments we're having, they aren't right" she sighed

"I'm sorry. I know that " I said don't know why words hurting me unknowingly.

"I too should remember this" She mumbled

"You too know the reality of the engagement! You & me both know this!"  I told

She looked at me for a second but didn't speak anything.

"Naina, I won't let the friendship happen anything " I whispered and she sighed.

"Okay" She replied when I looked at her.

The golden lights were on her half face was making her more brighter then she already was.

"Don't look at me like that"She mumbled

"When in morning I said , I like looking at you, I meant exactly what I spoke. And look at you, wearing this bomber jacket. You look cute " I said and she looked at me with a small smile while I kept her head back on my shoulder.

I don't know why but I felt a little light!

After a while we all left for villa.

Next morning when I woke up, I saw lights of Naina's room already on.

Sleepy head is awake today!

I was going towards bathroom when I saw her coming out of her room but as soon as she saw me she stopped where ever she was.

She was wearing a cowl neck strappy one piece dress.

I hope she has taken a jacket with herself.

"Am...morning" she wished

"Morning. You fine?" I asked 

"Aaabsolutely" she replied & I sighed.

She isn't!

"What happened?" I asked again

"Where , nothing" She said 

"Short cake! " I warned when she huffed

"I couldn't sleep" she mumbled

"Why?" I asked concerned going near her.

"Just...couldn't" she muttered

I know why but won't stretch it right now.

"By the way you got early! Such a shocking thing" I smirked

"I love bathroom to myself first" she narrowed her eyes and I smiled at her.

"Get lost" I said 

"You go and do your shit" She replied with tight smile and I chuckled at the words and nodded.

After I took a bath and got ready, I went downstairs. Today we were to go to Under the sun aquarium because Nishi wanted to see it badly. After that to the Bahubali hills and then to Monsoon palace.

It was already 10 am and as I went downstairs and we all had breakfast. And then we left for sight seeing.

Soon we reached the Under the Sun fish aquarium which was actually the largest Public Aquarium Gallery in India. As we moved inside we saw so many varieties of fishes and Nishi was over the top happy. I guess, this was the only place she came here for.

Not only there were many species of fishes but also a Touch Pool where visitors could interact with the fish by feeding and touching them.

UNDER THE FISH AQUARIUM

"Wanna try?" I asked Naina and she nodded but then denied.

But I took her hand and she looked at me.

"Arjun..." She mumbled when I made her wash the hands in outer water first and then made her touch the fish!

"Mummaaa"she shrieked and everyone around her chuckled while I smiled at her .

"Coward" I mocked and she huffed going to Aditi who chuckled looking at us.

 There was also an Aqua Trick Museum, the first in the world, where one could get tricked by 3D art. 

Nishi was super excited as she had a photo shoot there. Even Aditi, Aashi, mom and chachi too did that because they found it super amazing.

 There was an OMG Tank where one could get inside aquarium and experience aquatic life without getting wet by water.

Obviously kind of kids thing but when I saw Naina inside that and she looking at the fishes nearby here, the expressions were worth seeing. The way her mouth opened and then when her upper lips & lower lips touched each other back forming a smile!!

As I say, she can make anyone smile!

"You should go inside! It's a site worth seeing" Nishi said 

"I saw the site worth seeing" I replied and looked at Nishi who looked at me confused

"Nothing" I added and went outside.

After leaving from there, we had our lunch first and then reached BAHUBALI HILLS.

Basically it was a lake called Badi lake which surrounded the hills from three sides which were named Bahubali hills! It was among one of the hidden gems of Udaipur.

BAHUBALI HILLS

As we climbed the hills, the view was beautiful from there.

"Captivating" Naina mumbled clicking a picture while my whole focus was on her legs right now!

Because she falls easily and I don't want her to fall from here!

And as I said she stumbled but I held her hand!

"How can someone fall even in sport shoes" I mocked

"How can someone be so boring to not click a pic too" she mocked back 

"You know you just piss me off with these words" I gritted

"And you know, you piss me off with everything" she replied

"I'll leave your hand and throw you down" I warned

"Try that" she smirked 

"Guys! Not again" Aashi said and we looked at her to see the family looking at us.

"She started" I told

"He mocked first" Naina whined

"Okay enough" chachi chuckled and I looked at her when she pointed her hand and pulled it away scrunching her nose as usual!

I sighed at the idiocy but smiled seeing her happy.

It was 4 pm and we reached the MONSOON PALACE also known as Sajjangarh Fort.

The cars were allowed after entry tickets hence we climbed the fort by car itself! As we came in front of the fort, it was an amazing masterpiece built with White marbles.

MONSOON PALACE

"You know kids, this palace was used as hunting lodge and to see monsoon clouds. Hence it got it's name" Mom told as we all went inside.

There was a vast central court with a stunning staircase and several quarters and rooms. The Fort had high turrets and guards monitoring each of the towers. The domes, fountains, and jharokhas (windows) all around the palace were the exquisite marvels of Rajasthani architecture.

 As we climbed more inside the palace we saw that whole Udaipur was visible from here. The Aravalli hills that surrounded the city were visible. The lake was visible ,Even the City Palace was visible from these heights. Not only that but even the ancestral home of the king of Udaipur which was Chittorgarh was also visible!!

"I'm in love with place. This is so so damn amazing" Naina exclaimed as she rubbed her palms together.

"Where's your jacket? " I asked when she looked at me narrowing her eyes and huffing went to mom.

What the hell was that! Moody cat !!

"Honestly! Look at the City of Lakes! It looks mesmerizing" Aashi said

"Yes! Even the winds! They're so peaceful! I really want to come here in monsoons" Mom told dad and he smiled.

"Whenever you say" He said and she looked at him.

"Awweeee" everyone there teased them and I smiled looking at all of them.

"Your parents are so cute. Like I remember them madly in love years ago and it's still the same" Naina said 

"They're !" I replied looking at them as they sat there talking and laughing in their own.

I looked at Naina as her lips were getting a little bluish. She's feeling cold ! And idiot wouldn't even say!

I removed my jacket and forwarded it to her.

"What?" She asked

"Shut up short cake. And next time don't wear this all" I said pointing to her dress and she looked at me with annoyed expressions.

"Don't wear this all without a jacket or sweater in this season. I know it's end of February but it's still cold. " I added

"But.. You'll catch cold" She said

" I'm wearing full sleeves. I'll unfold the sleeves. Cover your self before you catch cold" I told and she smiled taking my jacket.

She again looked at mom & dad and smiled.

"That's what I want after 30 years of life with someone! Sitting like that laughing to each others lame jokes . Look, they're absorbed in their own! Isn't it what one crave for" She said and I looked at her.

"You say me na Arjun that nothing last forever..." She asked and I nodded.

"Look at them! That's what we humans call forever kind of thing" she added and I looked at my parents.

Naina smiled at me as she went to others while I again went to the phase where this girl again made me rethink my theories!

The sun was slowly setting from the hills of Aravalli!

And the whole monsoon palace was beaming in golden lights!

"Naina" I whispered and she looked at me as she stood there watching sunset.

"If this would've been fort of Chittor, I would've really felt like Naina Talwar!" Naina said

"And me as Bunny?" I asked she chuckled

"You're similar to him Arjun! Tum udna chahte ho, daudna chahte ho, girna bhi chahte ho bas rukna nahi chahte( you want to fly, run and even fall but you don't want to stop)." she said and I nodded.

"And according to you too , Shaadi is dal chawal for 50 saal till you die. And you can't eat same food everyday" she pointed and I nodded .

"You want to leave from a place to reach another place. You want things in control like Bunny" She added 

"Actually you're just like Bunny" she said and I looked at her.

"You forgot two things Naina" I told and she looked at me

"First, Ishq meri sehat ke liye acha nahi hai (love is not good for my health)" I said and she looked at me for a second and then at the setting sun.

"Arjun Singhania, my next success. I made you believe that there is love in this world! You just need to feel it " she smiled widely and I looked at her.

"Teri smile kitni dangerous hai pta hai! Mere pas dil hota, to us par pakka aa jata( Your smile is so dangerous you know! If I would've had heart, I would've lost it to you) " I mumbled and she looked at me and then chuckled.

"I'm not Naina Talwar Arjun, and you ain't bunny for real" She said

"I don't want to be Bunny, Naina! I just want to be Arjun" I told

"Where did that person go, I am Arjun Singhania" she mimicked me and I looked at her.

"For you, I just want to be Arjun" I whispered putting my hand on hers and she looked at me.

"What are you doing to me Naina" I mumbled and she gave me a questioning look.

"Why I want to turn all the rules for you" I asked feeling helpless.

"Arjun.."  she whispered 

I looked at her face brushing her hairs gently with one hand while the thumb of my other hand moved to her cheek caressing it softly. And she closed her eyes sighing.

I know she likes the touch. My soul says this!!

I know I shouldn't think this but all I want right now is to kiss her! 

But I'm in a relationship. Even if it is as good as business deal, I'll be wrong!

I know, that won't be right , right now!

And I won't just ruin everything we've ever had!

On the top of it the friendship we've!

I've to just clear these all thoughts!

I've to stop thinking this all as soon as possible because...

As heart warming it feels, it's dangerous!

It's a fucking dangerous thing!!
____________________________________

Hello guys! Hope you all are doing amazing!

Well, I hope you loved Udaipur 😍😍

Because I LOVE UDAIPUR 😭❤

By the way....

Where is this train of Naina & Arjun even going!

They both know there's a big spark but what's even stopping them?

Arjun's namesake engagement?

Or Anything else?

Let's see what more is left in this rollar coaster!

NOTE- This is not a usual book where things go all dramatic and comes to end! This is so far going to be most different book I've written till now.

I'm sure you would've noticed it since chapter one!

Do vote, like, share and reviews are always welcomed!

Next update soon!

Till then....

Big hugs ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 63.2K 47
•MADIRA VARMA• An innocent and chirpy girl whose whole world revolves around her small little family. Anyone who sees her would agree without a secon...
652K 34.5K 79
People say love destroys friendship and one shouldn't fall in love with their best friend, unknown of the fact that if it works out you'll have your...
1.5M 65.8K 75
They Met At A Wedding And Once The Wedding Ended, They Parted Ways To Never Meet Again, Unknown To What The Future Holds For Them Can This Pure Hatre...
747K 48K 41
(#1 Unwanted Series) ||Arranged Marriage Romance|| "Open it." She said in her commanding tone, as my hand made towards her 𝒌𝒂𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒃𝒂𝒏𝒅 to ope...