Love in the Time of Robots |...

By amy_149

✅ Completed ✅ A sci-fi story where Kim Taehyung is inspired by Professor Jeon Jungkook, who is a young AI Sci... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Character Introduction
1. He Is My Crush
2. The Conference
3. The Mentoring Session
4. Do You Believe In Fate?
5. Similar Yet Different
6. Cookies
7. Are We Friends?
8. Bad Day At Work
9. Jealousy and Need
10. Feeling of Lonliness
11. Friendly Date Night
12. Professional Help
13. Multi-Tasking
14. He is God, Not Robot
15. It Was a Mistake
16. Consequences
17. Not Angry but Scared
18. Old Times
19. Dinner Date Or Movie Date
20. You, I Want You
21. Take Me Home
22. I Am Yours
23. I'll Never Love You
24. Try Civil Conversation
25. Sandwiched
26. Cursed Fairytale
27. Turning Point
28. Don't Abandon Me
29. Strongest Set Of Emotions
30. A Chance
31. Renewed Love
32. Unexpected Encounters
33. Ghosted
34. So Far Away You're Gone
35. Start Over
36. I'll Have Both
37. I Feel Complete
38. Different But Same
39. Keep An Eye
40. Cracking The Code
41. Dreams Have Meaning
42. Busted
43. Nightmare Coming To Life
44. Where's Jungkook
45. What's Hidden
46 I'll Save You
47. A Deal
49. You'll Regret Lying
50. A Deal Date
51. It Was Perfect
52. A Chance For Real
53. I Did It For You
54. Not So Bad End (Finale)
New Book Release

48. America

1K 91 17
By amy_149

Seokjin and Taehyung landed in America through Yoongi's private jet. If the conditions were different Taehyung would have enjoyed experiencing once in a life time private jet ride. But his in this situation the anxiety kept creeping in on him time to time. He just wanted to find Jk vulnerability as soon as possible so he could trigger the kill switch.

Hoseok came to the airport to receive them despite of Seokjin's refusal. "Welcome to America again Jinnie...." He spread his arms and Seokjin hugged him.

"Hi there Taehyung..." Hoseok smiled at him looking over his shoulder trying to find someone else too.

"Hi... Its nice to see you again Dr. Jung." Taehyung said.

"Oh call me Hoseok.... Um.. Didn't Jimin come?"

"No, sorry to disappoint you but he has some important business there." Seokjin said.

"Oh alright.... Come on... I'll take you to my house." he smiled.

"No we will check in to hotel... We don't want to bother you." Seokjin said politely.

"Jinnie I am your friend and brother why would I let you two stay in hotel.... I am not listening no for an answer." Hoseok said.

"Can we visit Jungkook's lab first... Please." Taehyung said desperately.

"You two should rest for a bit. You might be jet lagged. We will go there tomorrow morning." Hoseok said.

"Yes, Tae he's right we need to clear our minds." Seokjin said.

------------------------------------------------------

"Ughhhhhh.... It's been three days and I can't find anything....." Taehyung said almost clutching his hair. They were in Jungkook's previous lab from early this morning.

"Don't lose hope we will find it...." Seokjin said looking through pile of notes infront of them.

"In those days he was enthusiastic about this project. It was like he found some kind of treasure that he couldn't wait to show the world." Hoseok explained. "Who would've know that it will come to this day. When he is........."

"He will be fine...." Seokjin said.

"All of his notes say one thing again and again..... Serving Mankind... Serving Mankind..... I don't think so Jk is serving Mankind...." Taehyung sighed.

"Maybe his perspective of Mankind is different than us.... Or maybe it changed." Seokjin said.

"How can there be error in the main theme." Hoseok said, "I am working on kind of same project but I am not in favor of giving AI full degree of freedom. No doubt it can think well but they can't rationalize the way Human mind can. No matter how much reason we induce it is still a machine."

"Yes, for instance Jk couldn't make rational decision between following his duty and love.... He chose love...." Seokjin said.

"I guess love is kind of emotion that make everyone greedy even tho a machine." Hoseok said.

"Wait..... JK and Jungkook are connected... He is using his nerve impression from start. Maybe this particular emotion of choosing love over everything is not a glitch but Jungkook's hidden desire. Because when I chose JK over him, Jungkook sped up the process of JK's enlistment may be it was because he.... he.... "Taehyung gulped..."Lovef me..... So Jk did the same and removed Jungkook from the image." Taehyung said.

"Why didn't Jungkook know it? Because he knew whatever he feels Jk might do the same because of connection." Hoseok said.

"Maybe Jungkook wasn't sure himself.... You know how we human's are. We don't give ourself benefit of doubt. Jungkook himself wasn't aware of his feelings for Taehyung until it was too late." Seokjin said.

"And Jk being a machine recognized them and choose to act upon those emotions and when I requited his love he thought only I was right. He did what I wanted him to do." Taehyung sighed.

"That means his behavior is not a glitch.... It's his choice...." Seokjin said.

"If that is his choice then he is not acting according to his baseline programming that is to serve mankind...." Hoseok spoke.

"So you mean his vulnerability point could be this that can trigger his kill switch?" Taehyung spoke.

"Yes, given that he has a self destruction mode." Seokjin sighed.

"What are the chances that he is built on self destruction system." Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows.

"That's the problem, see he is first of his kind and his creator is not there.... There are like 90% chances that he is built on self destruction system. That when he realizes that hes is not fulfilling for what he was created, he would think it that will be state of his vulnerability that could trigger kill switch." Seokjin explained.

"Then what about those 10%? What if it didn't work?" Taehyung said.

"Its is risky but this is your only shot otherwise you won't be able to deceive him again and you know he is quite dangerous." Hoseok said.

"No... Hyung we can't try this when we don't have any particular evidence that what will make him vulnerable." Taehyung said.

"This our best bet.... We have went through of this process and it says it revolves around serving mankind which clearly he isn't doing. We need to take this chance before it's too late." Seokjin sighed.

"And about Nervous impression chip, you have to keep it alive.... Once JK's kill switch goes off he would be as good as dead. It will turn off the chip and it's data will be gone. It is highly sensitive it can't survive more than two minutes without a living or power system. " Hoseok said.

"Still..... I am not sure." Taehyung sighed.

"Don't worry Taehyung.... It'll be alright..." Seokjin patted his shoulder.

--------------------------------------------------------

"You are not living alone in that house... Am I right?" Taecyeon spoke shifting his leg on the other one.

"What is it to you whether I live alone or with an army." Jk said with expressionless face.

"Is it some joke for you? All of it? We need to keep secrecy of this mission. We can't risk it. I am answerable to the higher ups." Taecyeon said.

"Don't you fucking talk to me like you are my boss. You pathetic excuse of a human." Jk scoffed. "Everything is under my control I have tight security at every point in my house."

Taecyeon closed his eyes and took a deep breath in. The last thing he wanted was to mess up with it robot. "Look I am just warning you. A little mistake can cost us millions and jail. That boy that live with you... What's his name.... Uh... Kim Taehyung... Beware of him."

"How do you know his name? I warn you if you....."

"Oh I also know he is in America right now.... Perhaps.... Are you in love with that human? He is intern in Jeon's lab."

"He is there on a conference..... I swear if you put an eye on him I'll bring down you to ashes." Jk growled.

"Oh.... Conference.... I thought you were more knowledgeable than me... There isn't any conference. Besides I have no interest in him I am watching your back. Beware of him." Taecyeon smirked.

Jk glared at him for a good one minute before speaking again, "I can watch my back..... Don't forget your place human pest." saying this Jk left.

He deeply researched through all his resources and data base, "There is no conference..... Taehyung why would you lie to me......" Jk sighed.

-------------------------------------------------------

It was around midnight when Jimin reached home after a long tiring day at lab. All he now wanted to do was rest but he met someone he least wish to encounter. As soon as he reached his apartment door he saw Jungkook aka Jk leaning against the wall. His breath hitched however he maintained himself to look as calm as possible.

"Dr. Jeon you are here at this hour....." he spoke.

"Um yeah..... Do you return this late usually... I've been waiting here for quite sometime..."

"I apologize.... Yeah things are quite messy back in the lab." Jimin smiled.

"No, I came here unannounced... I should apologize."

Jimin nodded his head, "Is everything alright.... Let's go inside." he was a panicking internally not knowing that why this robot was here late at night.

Jimin offered him a drink. "I am here to talk about Taehyung... You are his best friend so I thought you'd be helpful..."

"Is everything alright?" Jimin said.

"Yes... It's just he is acting distant lately and I don't know the reason. I am trying hard to be a better boyfriend everyday for him. I love him Jimin and I'll do everything he tell me but he isn't communicating. Do you think he is missing Jk?"

Jimin looked at this robot who was better than any con artist out there, "You are thinking too much. Everything is fine with him. Perhaps he might be stressed due to project or studies."

"What he tells you about me? Is he happy with me?" Jk questioned.

"Yes, he is you are an exceptional boyfriend." Jimin passed a fake smile.

Jk chuckled lightly, "No, I just want him to be happy. I am planning to propose him to marry me..... Can you give me any ideas? And I want it to plan after he comes back from America....."

"Oh... I... Um.... Don't you think its too soon? I mean you guys have just started dating and also Jk is not here. At least you should wait for him to come back." Jimin said.

"I will love him so much he won't be missing anyone, anymore once we are married.... It would be just him and me." Jk chuckled softly.

Jimin sensed that there was much more meaning to his words, "Umm.. If you want so then a minimal proposal setup would be good.... Tae doesn't like too fancy...."

"Thankyou Jimin.... Can you also help me to choose the ring?" Jk looked at him with hopeful eyes.

"Yes, why not." Jimin smiled.

Jk stood up as if he was ready to leave. Jimin sighed that finally he could breath when the other is gone. He walked to the door but stopped suddenly as he looked back with something dark in his gaze.

"Jimin..... Can you do me one more favor?"

"Umm.. Anything Dr. Jeon..."

"Can you call Seokjin because Tae isn't attending my calls from past two days?" Jk took a stepped towards Jimin.

-------------------------------------------------------

What will happen if Jk finds about their plan? 😳👀

Love from my side 💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

297K 14.2K 48
"I thought you left me again." Taehyung said hugging him tightly. "I'll never leave you no matter what happen this time, hyungie." Jungkook said hugg...
247K 7.6K 9
"At this rate, you'll fail my class, Kim. Graduation would only be a dream for you then!" Mr. Jeon slams the book on the table, making the innocent l...
654K 30.1K 85
{Completed} "I love you bun. Isn't it kind of amazing how a person who was once a stranger can suddenly mean the world to you" - Taehyung "Indeed it...