Being a Valkyrie is not easy...

By Yonaka_Yuki

May contain spoilers! In-game story and own story line! An orphan girl with no memories finally gets the chan... More

1. New Valkyrie
2. Missions
3. Memories
4. Arc City
5. Saving Arc City
6. Escape from the base
7. Thunders over Nagazora
8. As Thunders Filled The Sky
9. Meeting an Elf
10. Into the Flames
11. Training, Exploring and a Fight
12. Into the snake pit
13. Final Goodbye
14. Meeting a new Face
15. Exploring the Realm and Truths
16. Bearer of the Stars
17. A Magic Show
18. Old Memories
19. A 'little' problem
20. Babysitting a Herrscher
21. Back to Normal?
22. Elysium Everlasting
23. A bad Person...?
24. Doubts
25. Among us...
26. ...is a traitor.
27. Mistrust
28. The time has come.
29. Because of you
30. Reunion
31. On the Moon
33. A second Chance
34. In the Name of the Truth
35. Our Way back home
36. Fate of the Origin
37. Toward a New Tomorrow
38. Beauty of this World
39. My Home, is with you
40. Beautiful World
~HSR Update~
~Little Update~

32. On the Moon (2)

96 7 0
By Yonaka_Yuki

A/N: Trying to keep up my upload rythm, but it's so freaking warm outside. Also, thanks for the 2k views <3

~Yuki POV~

We were all in position as Dr. MEI had wanted. But I was annoyed that I could not help Kiana. I had explained my situation to Dr. Mei that I could imitate Herrscher powers and maybe serve as a booster for Kiana. But she shook her head and said I should save my strength. Of course I didn't like it, but Dr. MEI told me to be on my guard. As an artificial Herrscher, my powers might have a limit or be otherwise restricted, even as a fully awakened Herrscher. 

But even though I couldn't help Kiana, it didn't mean I couldn't be by her side. Mei and Bronya saw it the same way and we caught up with Kiana. ,,...Kiana-chan. Did something happen?" Mei asked, because Kiana looked as if she had briefly spaced out. ,,I'm fine, Mei-senpai. In the outside world, Durandal caught my Herrscher signal and thus used my Herrscher Core to establish a special communication with me.'' ,,Durandal-san... Is she still at the Schicksal HQ?'' asked Bronya. ,,No. Because of Project Stigma, Durandal, Seele and Li Sushand were forcibly sent to the moon in the real world. Their location on the moon corresponds to ours. There is a large Sanctuary named New Atra there and many Stigma Awakend live there now, filtered and chosen by the World Serpent with this forceful method. Our reconstruction of the bridge affected reality and so, Durandal was able to establisch a short connection with me.'' Kiana explained. 

,,... New Atra? We've heard Raven mention this place, but I'd never thought that it would be on the moon.'' I said thoughtfully. ,,This... Could it be--'' ,,Yes, Kiana-chan. She said that the World Serpent had arranged Sora-chan and the others to have a ''vacation'' at New Atra. ...Do you still remember Sora-chan?'' Mei confirmed. ,,Of course. I ate my fill of the sweet pepper curry you made for them in Nagazora. ..Really. I did quite a number of silly things back then.'' ,,You both did. I hope I never have to see you two fight each other again," I said seriously. ,,You saw us?!" Kiana asked, shocked. ,,Of course I did. I mean, you couldn't be overlooked in the sky," I answered dryly. ,,But we can talk about that later, for now we should see that we leave the sea of Quanta.'' Bronya took my hand and smiled at us. ,,... Let's get back on track.'' 

.

.

.

In the end, Mei and Kiana were the key to escape on this bubble universe. Bronya and I, on the other hand, waited with Dr. MEI for Kiana and Mei to do their thing. ,,Is there any way I can get back to my Herrscher powers?" I asked Dr. MEI. ,,Hmm.... Well, you seem to be a special case. I can't quite describe it, but there's something else different about you. You don't seem to be just a Herrscher, you give off a whole different presence.'' Dr. MEI explained to me. Surprised, I looked at Bronya, who also looked at me in surprise. ,,How about you try to do the same as Kiana and Mei are doing right now, but you look inside yourself? Maybe as an artificial Herrscher you can overcome the restrictions of Project Stigma," Dr. Mei suggested. ,,It would be worth a try.'' ,,I'm sure Yuki Nee-san can do it,'' said Bronya. Inhaling, I sat down and closed my eyes. 

It took a moment to block out everything around me, but in a while I managed. When I opened my eyes again, I found myself on the campus of St. Freya again.... ,,Home..." I murmured. Before I could even take a step forward, a small red light flew past me, almost like a star. It felt like someone was gently pushing me forward. ,,I know... Himeko-sensei. I promised to be there for the others...'' I continued walking. Until I reached the end of the campus. My surroundings changed and I found myself in my favorite place in the Elysian Realm. The big tree with the yellow golden leaves was in front of me and as always a light breeze was blowing. 

In front of me again appear small lights that looked like stars. One was pink, one golden, one turquoise and one red orange which resembled a flame. They all flew ahead as if to guide me. I followed them, but eventually they disappeared and out of the darkness came another light. It was white, but occasionally sparkled in a soft light blue. Kasane!" I gasped. As if the light had heard me, it flinched and flew away. Wait! I tried to catch up. But the light was faster. Only when my surroundings changed again did I realize where I was. ,,Heh... So this is the last stop. The place where my life began,'' I laughed a bit bitterly as I entered the orphanage. 

The light slowed down and led me through the familiar corridors to the door decorated with small stickers in the shape of stars. When I opened the door I saw my old room and on the floor was a picture I had drawn. Me and Kasane. At least as I had imagined Kasane. The light flew almost reassuringly around me. ,,I know... You were always there. We were always together and never apart, we just couldn't talk to each other properly because I had forgotten you. But this will never happen again, so please give me again the strength to overcome an obstacle.'' The light almost bounced in the air before it flew back into my body. As my surroundings dissolved I knew I must have made it. But before the last bit of surrounding dissolved I saw a younger me in front of me, which was patted praisingly by Otto.

When I opened my eyes I looked into the smiling faces of Mei and Kiana. ,,I see you made it,'' I said, happy. ,,You too, it seems, but you have tears in your eyes," Kiana noted. ,,Oh...'' ,,Have you seen Kasane-chan?" asked Mei. ,,Kasane?" Kiana and Bronya asked. I explained to them who she was exactly. Kiana knew about the Herrscher voice within me. But Bronya did not. ,,I didn't see Kasane directly, but rather a fragment of her, which didn't really speak but only reacted to her name. Kasane vanished when I became the complete Herrscher," I explained. ,,I'm sorry...." said Mei. ,,It's all right. She knew, but she put our safety and that of the flame chasers above herself in the end.'' 

,,But we should concentrate on our goal now,'' I continued and stood up. ,,Yuki Nee-san is right. Kiana, are you ready to take on the Husks?'' asked Bronya. ,,Of course. I've never been more ready. ...Just kidding. Actually, I'm missing something.'' ,,...Missing something?'' Me and Bronya asked. ,,Of course, simply relying on Mei-senpai isn't enough. We still need Bronya's wisdom and Yuki's optimism that we can manage everything.'' ,,You're right. Frankly speaking, that's Bronya's forte.'' Bronya said with a smile. ,,I never thought that the optimism I had back then would come in handy,'' I said teasingly. ,,Yeah. And... knowledge and judgment are the strongest weapons for everyone. So, please guide me along, our smartest mind.'' Kiana added. ,,Mhm, of course. Bronya won't let you down. ...Ah, that reminds me.'' ,,What's wrong Bronya-chan?'' asked Mei worried. ,,Although this is late, but..... Welcome back, Kiana. Welcome back, Mei Nee-san, Yuki Nee-san.'' 

After a last short talk with Dr. MEI, we got ready to leave the bubble universe. Dr. MEI had mentioned that Senti had told him about the incident with Otto. When I heard this I did not know what to think. Of course Otto was not a good person, he used me, Kiana and the others. So I should be glad that he is gone, yet it made my stomach turn. He raised me, that would not change. Together with Senti we made our way to the Husk to defeat it. On the way there it could not stand any longer not to ask after all. ,,Hey Kiana...'' ,,Hm?'' ,,... Is Otto really gone?" I finally asked. ,,Yes, he disappeared in the imaginary space.'' answered Kiana. ,,Why do you ask that? That fool wouldn't have it any other way!" Senti butted in. ,,Senti!" said the others harshly. ,,Guys, please calm down. I just wanted to know so that I could move on," I asked. Fortunately the others calmed down and we went on. But I felt Senti's gaze on my back. ,,If you really want to know.... Otto raised me...'' 

The fight was hard, but since we all helped Kiana we managed to defeat the husk, which looked like a big bull. Just when Kiana had made the last blow, PROMETHEUS appeared. ,,Heh. You've become quite skilled... Good. This many will do. Now then--'' Not far from where we fought, a door appeared. ,,Could this door be...?'' asked Kiana surprised. ,,Yes, as you've sensed. This is your passage to the proper world, and our last struggle for existence.'' confirmed PROMETHEUS. As we stood in front of the door, Kiana turned to us. ,,... Ready? We're going back.'' ,,Of course,'' we answered. ,,I'm gonna get a lift with you guys.'' said Senti. ,,Alright, sit tight then...'' Kiana nodded. 

.

.

.

It was a wild and bumpy ride, but we made it. When the light that had enveloped us faded, I saw Durandal running towards Kiana, relieved. ,,Kiana, finally... we meet again. Glad to see you okay.'' ,,Yeah, Durandal, we meet again.'' Kiana replied smiling. ,,That's great. Just great.'' ,,...Durandal, something happened?'' asked Kiana when she noticed that Durandal was still holding her hand. ,,Ahem, sorry, that wasn't appropriate. Anyway, the important thing is you came back. It's been a while, Miss Raiden, Miss Zaychik and Yuki-san.'' ,,The same to you.'' me and Mei replied. ,,...Long time no see, Miss Ataegina and Miss Li Sushang.'' said Bronya. But I noticed that her gaze went to the dark blue haired girl who spoke next. ,,Great, everyone is fine...'' 

,,Please take a short break nearby. We'll march on later. After the bubble universe from fifty thousand years was merged, we should be able to continue exploring.'' said Durandal after a while. ,,Hmm, let's get some rest and exchange intel.'' Kiana agreed. ,,But... what will we run into going forward?'' asked the blue haired girl. ,,Maybe only Kevin knows... Still, it's better to avoid him. Raksha said of the man was fully recovered, even Taixuan at it's prime wouldn't be able to stop him.'' said Sushang. ,,What? Weren't you bragging about how powerful you were all the time? You're afraid to face this Kevin guy now?'' Totally forgot. Senti was also here. ,,Master... No, you're not her. You look a lot like her though. So... you're the Herrscher of Sentience?'' asked Sushang. ,,And you've got a problem with that?'' 

I moved away from the conversation a bit and looked at the earth. ,,The real moon and the real earth... huh? So this was the place of the last battle of the flame chasers....I really hope you made it and I can see you all again.'' I muttered to myself. I shook my head briefly as the various memories flashed through my mind. Restoring the data caused me to get fragments of memories. The sound of an explosion pulled me out of my thoughts. ,,...Of course," I heard Durandal say seriously. ,,Kevin... he is down the path, and...'' Mei began. ,,Fu Hua!'' Kiana continued, worried.

.

.

I didn't know exactly what had happened, but it seems we had fallen into a trap when we tried to use the elevator leading down into the crater to help Fu Hua. It was almost as if we had landed in the Sea of Quanta again, but at the same time it was a different feeling. Before, I had helped Bronya hack into the elevator using the power of corruption and Bronya did the rest. The blue-haired girl who turned out to be Seele stayed behind to take care of the people in New Atra. Nevertheless, we managed to get around this obstacle as well. But for this we had to part with Durandal and Sushang for the time being. Kiana and I had of course tried to use our Void powers, but it didn't work. Eventually Durandal and Sushang went back to earth through this space. While we Herrschers went back to the moon. Durandal had explained that Project Stigma had the opposite effect on Herrschers and the Awakened Stigma.

When Durandal and Sushang were out of our reach, we found ourselves back at the descending elevator. Kiana was the first to go forward happily before she stopped.. ,,Ah... We finally made it out. Now we-- Dang.'' ,,What is it?'' I asked. ,,I can't sense Fu Hua anywhere.'' ,,And Herrscher of Sentience?'' asked Bronya. ,,No luck.'' Kiana replied, shaking her head. ,,We might've come too late. Kevin shouldn't kill Fu Hua, but...'' Bronya pondered. ,,...Let's go see Kevin.'' Mei suggested. Our conversation was interrupted by a strange clapping, which echoed in the ruins. ,,Who is there?" Kiana asked alarmed. In front of us, out of nowhere, a woman appeared, sitting on a stone. 

,,Hello, everyone. Brave girls are the best.'' said the Woman. Wait... that voice. ,,You....'' began Mei. The Woman tilted her head and brought an index finger to her lips and like an innocent child she smiled brightly. ,,I'm sure you're all very confused. And that's why I'm here. I'll answer each of your questions. Don't worry, my Sire won't interrupt. I'd love to help you out... so before that, please rest awhile here.'' Now that I took a closer look at the woman, she looked familiar. I had seen her once in a file from Otto, but there she looked completely different... ,,So we finally meet. If I'm not mistaken, you're Hare, the initiator of Project Stigma.'' replied Mei suspicious. ,,Wow! Our first meeting was hasty, yet you still remember me. That warms my heart.'' ,,So you are the woman who spoke to us in the sea of Quanta," I said. ,,Correct! As Mei already knows whi I am... I'll cut my flowery introdructuion short.'' 

The woman jumped down from the boulder and came toward us. ,,Yes, I'm code-named Hare within World Serpent, and I'm in charge of Project Stigma. As for my name, it's Misteln-- Misteln Schariac.'' ,,Schariac?'' Kiana and I asked. ,,Yes, but I'm not human... I'm a crystal of the Schariac Stigma. Ah. You don't seem to know what a stigma crystal is. Let's not rush things... As you came from afar, I assume you haven't seen the Final Crater yet? Let's talk while we walk, shall we?'' ,,This...'' Kiana hesitated, while we followed Hare. ,,Right, you are all concerned about Fu Hua's safety, right? Don't worry... Sire wouldn't want to hurt her, only temporarily making her unable to fight.'' replied Hare softly. Somehow I had a slight sense of comfort about hare. I didn't even know why.

.

.

.

As we followed Hare through the ruins, I noticed old battle marks. However, I could not look for long, because we arrived at our destination. ,,Welcome to the Final Crater," Hare said as she stopped.  ,,Hmm.... If I awaited you here, could I've welcomed you with that line?'' she added curious before she continued. ,,This is the stage generations of civilizations fought for their fate... Humanity failed over and over. The cycle went on. Innumerable dissimilar wills created similar fates, and they all ended here. Kiana Kaslana. Bronya Zaychik. Raiden Mei. Sheltered Star Yuki. How lucky and sad of you to be Herrschers that are free from the Samsara.'' Sheltered star? Me? What is she talking about? I wanted to ask what she meant by that, but I doubted she would tell me. 

,,Samsara?'' asked Mei. ,,Yes. The endless cycle of death and rebirth of this world. Haven't you garnered info on it? If someone hadn't cut the thread of fate fifty thousand years ago, this cycle would have continued on earth. Even tough the thread is broken... as long as humans can't live together with honkai, Imaginary energy will continue to flow into the Cocoon of Finality and catalyze the birth of Herrscher of Finality.'' ,,In that case, if we destory that Cocoon of Finality or something--'' began Kiana but Hare interrupted her. ,,World Serpent wants to do the same, but it's impossible, Kiana. After all... If you want to see the Cocoon of Finality, you probably need to have the power of Finality. Especially for you. Kiana... That means you need to become the Herrscher of Finality.'' 

What? She's not serious now, is she? She just asked Kiana to do something probably impossible. ,,But how is that possible? Discussing finality is like discussing death... No one has come back from death. We can't discuss what dying feels like.'' Hare continued, as we went deeper into the crater, and in the end Hare lifted the barrier from Bronya's Herrscher powers. I really wondered what she knew. She knew something about me, but didn't say it completely.... 

Kasane, did you know this information that Hare gave me as well?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.9K 1.2K 24
After a sudden loss of consciousness, Kiana found herself back in the past. With a lot of questions in her head, she is faced with a battlefield and...
8.4K 264 18
______________________________________________ You were taken from your mother at the age of 7 and forced to endure grueling torture, seeing your fri...
56.6K 1.7K 17
A What If Timeline from my other Honkai Story in which the Captain dies and reincarnates once again. A young boy with a sword, traveling alone with...
54.6K 1.2K 29
ON INDEFINITE HIATUS 《■ □ ■ □》 Six. That was the number of months that had passed since Noah came to Saint Freya as a Valkyrie. He had no memories of...