Welcome Home!

Від Cakepop730

You're a 3 foot puppet living in a wonderful puppet world. What tales will you write? Surely nothing will go... Більше

Part 1: Enter, Neighbor
Part 2: Julie's House
Part 3: Barnaby
Part 4: The Party
Part 5: The Snow Day
Part 6: Star Below
Part 7: Eddie's Conundrum
Quick Author Question
Part 8: Rainy Day Activities
Part 9: Interference
Part 10: Ruffled Feathers
Part 11: Wally and Poppy
Part 12: Separation
Part 13: Fear Versus Feared
Part 14: Uncertainty
Part 15: Loss
Part 16: Just in Time
Part 17: Oddities
Part 18: Howdy, there!
Part 19: Joke
Part 20: Butterfly Fest (+Bonus Info!)
Part 21: Fests and Friends
Part 22: Time
Part 23: Capture
Part 24: Date
Part 25: Pick
Part 26: Supernova
Part 27: Over
Part 28: Not Mad
Part 29: Rest
Part 30: Trap
Part 31: Rush
Part 32: Sorry
Part 33: Goodbye, Neighbor (Alternate Continuation)
Part 34: Stay?
Part 35: The Play
Part 36: Hope for Nothing
Part 37: Dearest Apologies
Part 38: Pamper
Part 39: Alright
Part 40: Frank and Eddie
Part 41: Baking Up a Plan
Part 42: Barnaman
Part 43: There's a Man in the Woods
Part 44: Tea for Seven
Part 45: Bye-bye
Part 47: Departure
Part 48: Bereaved
Part 49: Help
Part 50: Disregard
Patt 51: Beagles
Part 52: A Fiery Day
Part 53: End
Part 54: Finally Informed
Part 55: Finale

Part 46: Couple

2K 90 391
Від Cakepop730

We tried to play a few games. It was difficult because of Frank's need to organize everything. Eddie tried his best to remember the rules every so often, and Wally just seemed anxious the entire time.

"Ah, this is fun! No one is playing the games correctly, though.. that's okay. Games are supposed to help you have fun, right?" Eddie laughed happily. He stood up. Frank looked up at him.

"What shall we do next?" Frank asked flatly. He didn't seem particularly interested by this, but we all knew he was willing to do anything if it meant keeping Eddie happy.

(Eddie thought intensely for a moment. It had been the most thinking he had ever done.)

"Would you two like to have dinner with us?" Eddie asked. Frank squinted at Wally.

(If Wally even tried to bite Eddie again, Frank would yank him by the hair and throw him into a dusty box.)

"Oh, we'd love that," I smiled. I grabbed Wally by the ascot and pulled him closer to me. He was freaking out thanks to Frank.

(Wally was jittery with worry. Frank was not going to let Wally flee without any consequences. He didn't know how he'd be punished, but it was going to be terrifying... At least you were by him.)

"Wonderful! I will go cook, then," Eddie grinned and walked into the kitchen. I yawned and leaned against the backside of Eddie's armchair. Wally climbed into the armchair and rested his head on one of the armrests.

"Their home is very peaceful," Wally yawned. He looked around quietly.

"I agree. It's a bit like ours, isn't it?"

"Yes. It is quite like our own home," Wally muttered. I could tell he was thinking about something, I just didn't know what. I sighed quietly and went back to staring blankly at the space in front of me.

"Neither of you are allowed in the kitchen! You two are guests, so stay put!" Frank called out from the kitchen.

"Frank! Sorry! Frank meant that as our guests, you two should be resting and enjoying yourselves! Leave the cooking and chores to us," Eddie laughed as he poked his head out from the doorway. He disappeared again and continued helping Frank.

"Eddie, you can't do that. I'll put everything into the simmering pot," Frank's muffled voice said. Eddie mumbled something to Frank.

"..I want to go home, please," Wally said quietly. I looked over at him curiously. Was he uncomfortable because of the situation? I understood that feeling. I was willing to leave if he really didn't want to stay.

"May I ask why? If it's because of Frank, we can go, but we will have to make it up to the both of them sooner or later."

(Wally stayed quiet. Yes, being around Frank and Eddie made him feel a little uncomfortable. He felt much too guilty and ashamed to face them confidently, but that wasn't what was bothering him.

Wally was just unsure. He didn't know why, but he wanted to leave. He knew that you probably wanted to stay, so he inhaled deeply and calmed himself down.)

"I apologize. Nevermind. Let's enjoy our time with them," Wally replied plainly. He tapped on the armchair anxiously with his fingers.

"..I won't let Frank injure you, you know. I highly doubt he'll try anything. You know him.. He's just a bit of a grump."

"You're right. Frank isn't cruel. He's just honest."

"That's right, Wally! Now, what should we do with those two? We can't do anything that requires much energy because Eddie seems a bit tired, but other than that, the options are unlimited," I stated. Wally looked to the side and hummed as he thought.

"Hm.... What if we made the dessert? Eddie and Frank are currently making the main dishes."

"Oh, that's a great idea!" I cheered. Wally's face lit up.

He hopped off the chair and dashed into the kitchen to tell Eddie and Frank his idea. I heard excited talking before Wally returned to the living room.

"They like it! Eddie suggested that we rate each other's dishes, too! It should be plenty of fun," Wally sang. He clasped his hands together and looked down at me, for I was still leaning against the back of the armchair quietly.
"This will be a fun day! I think we could paint pottery, too. I have many spare teapots and mugs perfect for glazing."

"Wonderful, Wally! They will enjoy that a lot, I bet!" I clapped quietly. Wally's smile widened a bit. He looked down at his shiny shoes before putting his hands in the pockets of his hands absently. He looked around.

(Wally was beginning to feel a little better about the whole situation now.

He still felt bad for Eddie, though. He could probably locate a spare finger for Eddie if it really came down to it..)

An hour later, we were having dinner. Wally and I had made the same apple poke cake from before. Eddie and Frank had prepared a simple but tasty dish. [*The dish is whatever you want it to be.]

"This is delicious! I rate it a ten out of ten!" I exclaimed. Eddie chuckled. Frank's cheeks turned pink.

(Frank had not expected anyone to like his cooking. He was happy that his neighbors thought so highly of it.)

"Awe, shucks. Frank did most of the cooking. Only thing I did was stare at his gorgeous face, haha," Eddie laughed. He patted Frank's back.

"Thank you for the high rating and praise," Frank mumbled. Wally nodded happily.

"I give at a ten out of ten, too! Apples might improve the rating a little bit more," Wally stated. I poked his arm.

"Wally, a ten is the highest possible rating already!" I laughed. Wally sat up straighter and cleared his throat.

"Ahem, yes. I knew that. Totally."

"It's okay, Wally," Eddie chuckled heartily. He looked over at Frank and nodded.

"Your dessert was enjoyable," Frank declared. His tone was still flat, but he was happy and pleased.

"Frank also meant to say that we both loved it! It looked gorgeous and tasted even better," Eddie said merrily. Frank fidgeted with his ring, probably out of nervousness. Frank did not seem to be very good at accepting compliments, but that was okay.

"So, Wally had an idea for our next activity... How about we glaze some of Wally's bisqueware? We could make custom pieces for our homes," I suggested. Wally nodded eagerly. He liked all things art-related, so this project was something he desperately wanted to do.

Frank crossed his arms and looked over at Eddie. Eddie smiled at Frank. Frank sighed and looked over at Wally and me.

"Yes, we may do that," he answered. Wally excitedly threw his hands up into the air.

"I'll go grab the supplies!"

"I'll help you, Wally. You don't have enough arms to carry everything," I said as I stood up.
"We'll be right back!"

Wally and I returned shortly after the initial suggestion of painting pottery. We set everything down on the tarp on the floor, and we all sat down on the tarp.

(Each pair had two mugs and a teapot.

Eddie was very excited. He already knew what he was going to paint: Frank! Even though his art skills were not as refined as Wally's, he could still manage to glaze on a cute, simplified portrait of Frank and himself next to each other.

Frank was planning on glazing a butterfly with Eddie's colors on it. The butterfly was going to wear Eddie's hat even though butterflies did not wear hats.

Wally's plan was to paint something that complemented whatever you decided to paint. If you painted your entire mug black, he'd do white. If you did a dog eating an apple, he'd do a cat eating an apple.
He was rather fond of his brilliant idea.)

We all began painting. I struck up an interesting conversation with Eddie. Wally and Frank talked, though their topic options were sparce.

I painted a record player onto my mug. I used a variation of blue glazed and brown glazes for it.

As I talked with Eddie, I looked over at what Wally was painting. He was painting a record next to its sleeve. He used the same colors as me. I liked how our mugs matched.

"Yep! One time, I had my entire arm covered in yarn! Tying a strand of yarn around a finger is Frank's favorite memory device. It doesn't work too well for me, but I go along with it because he seems so proud when I manage to remember something," Eddie whispered to me. He laughed and continued glazing his mug.

Some more time passed, and we fired everything in Wally's kiln again. As we waited, we watched a movie.

(Eddie and Frank's teapot was a mix of muted orange and gray. It was quite nice.

The teapot you and Wally had was white. It was striped with shades of blue and brown.)

The pieces were done firing. Frank shyly showed Eddie his mug. Eddie grinned and showed Frank's his mug. They both glowed with a certain kind of joy upon seeing the other's reaction.

I showed Wally my mug. He gave me a thumbs up. He showed me his mug. I acted surprised, for I didn't want to ruin his plan. He seemed content with my reaction.

"They match! What a coincidence," Wally gasped as he held up our mugs. I hummed quietly.

"It's certainly awesome!" I agreed with him.

Our little showing of our mugs was interrupted by Eddie. He did not know we were showing off our mugs, so it was fine.

"Sorry that you two got here so late! Well, don't worry. We'll have plenty more fun tomorrow. The guest room is at the end of the hallway on the right, okay? If either of you need something, just come get me or Frank," Eddie explained. Wally and I nodded to show our understanding.

"Good night!" Eddie waved to us all. He gave Frank a kiss on the cheek and left to go sleep.

"Eddie likes to sleep as early as possible," Frank said. He straightened his bowtie.

"Oh, that's nice. It's healthy to get a good amount of sleep," I nodded. Frank seemed pleased with my comment.

"Goodbye," he turned around and left. Wally and I were left standing in the living room by ourselves.

"Today was enjoyable," Wally spun in his bunny slippers. He tied his hair into a messy bun. I knew he hated having his hair down, but he'd have to deal with it until Howdy's next shipment.

"I agree. It wasn't so bad, was it?" I chuckled.
"I'm going to sleep. What about you?"

"I'm going to stay up for a bit longer. I'll be sitting at the dining room table if you need me, my dear," Wally blew me a kiss. As he walked over to the table, his slippers squeaked quietly.

"Don't stay up too late, alright? Goodnight, Wally, dear," I hummed as I left the room. I walked into the guest room, snuggled underneath the covers, and fell asleep.

(Once Wally was sure you had left, he began to think. He waited because he didn't need you to see him looking so perplexed.

..Why had Howdy commented on the moon? Yes, it was a secret, pitiful confession, but it was something else, and Wally knew that Howdy knew it, too.

The sky wasn't visible usually. The neighborhood's sky was made out of unknown materials. Something was terribly wrong. Wally needed to begin making calls as soon as possible.

He groaned and massaged his temples. What on earth did he have to do, now?

Wally leaned back in the chair and stared blankly at the ceiling. He probably wasn't going to fall asleep for a very long time.)

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

755 242 30
****MYSTERY/THRILLER ****Young Adult/Teen Fic..?😅 '''How to survive at R. H. A : ~ Don't judge a book by its cover because nothing is as it see...
828 9 16
I want to join the party- Will (probably) include: - Oneshots (duh) - AUs I come up with - Headcanons go brrrrrr - Incorrect Quotes, lol - Art! ^^ ...
1.3K 36 22
You've survived 19 years of the torment of life... surely you can survive this... Ok, so yall know the drill with the whole (Y/N), (S/C), (E/C), etc...
15.6K 704 29
Y/n's life has never been easy, but one day it seems to become just that. Getting a job, making friends, finding light in a world of doubt. A change...