The Interview!

By justaalien23

It's at the bottom of the list for jobs in the company, but Jennie finds herself sitting in front of two inti... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 34

1.7K 39 8
By justaalien23

"What made you apply for this position?"

Lisa's not entirely sure when she made the decision to make an appearance at as many interviews as she could that are held at the firm, her mother never did it, instead it was passed down to someone lower than her in rank as she had more important matters to be dealing with. Lisa wasn't like that though, she didn't like the idea of someone uncaring for the company to hire for it. She wanted people that loved their jobs, she wanted people that would stay up late and fight for clients because they wanted to, she wanted people that spoke about law just as passionately as she did. That's why it's one of Rose's assigned jobs despite her moaning and grumbling because despite what she has to say about it, she know's Rose's just as passionate about this firm as she is but suddenly sitting here starring at the young blonde in front of her with a smile that's charming, Lisa feels bored with every answer she's presented with.

"I feel i'm the right person for the job, im harden driven, i enjoy a challenge and i cope better working alone."

"Brilliant." Rose adds noting something down. "I think that's everything for now, we'll be in touch." Rose informs standing up to shake the girls hand.

"I like her." Rose admits when they're finally alone.

"She seems nice." Lisa admits because she does, but there's just something missing. Without really being aware of it she's thinking back to the day they interviewed Jennie. She didn't walk in like she was doing a posh cat walk, she didn't read her answers up your arse, and she wasn't shy about being honest.

"What are you talking about? She answered every question perfectly."

"They were pretty much the same answers as everyone else." Lisa admits. The only difference between each person was their qualifications and experience or lack off.

"You're starting to sound like Jennie." Rose deadpans. "Please stop."

"At least she was honest." Lisa breathes looking down to the previous girls résumé. It was outstanding she couldn't deny it, she had a first aid certificate, countless different work experiences and she could even speak Spanish fluently, not that it was needed of course but it was still a big positive.

"Miss Manoban." Seulgi says softly after knocking. "I have one more lady waiting to be seen."

"I thought that was everyone?" Rose frowns rummaging through her sheet of names, having still absolutely no idea who this person could be, Rose all but shrugs at Lisa's questioning eyes. "Can you send them in please."

With a quick nod Seulgi opens the door a little wider with a smirk going completely unnoticed by the Manoban sisters.

Lisa looks up just in time to see her girlfriend walk in like the very first time they met, only this time her smile isn't tamed she's got a full blown smirk on her face.

"So before you ask anything, i just wanted to say. I am so right for this job you're not even aware of it right now. I come with incredible references." Jennie declares before walking past the chair and reaching down to kiss her girlfriend on the lips. "Those eye's are beautiful, anyone ever told you that?" She smirks kissing Lisa's needy lips once more. "Bet you have all your employees falling in love with you."

"Just one." Lisa whispers. "When can you start?"

"Why does this feel like the worst deja vu ever?" Rose frowns. "And i would love to see these references because the only one you would get from me would be a warning sign."

"I know." Jennie breathes airily while pulling Lisa up from her chair and taking her hands in her own. "People need to be warned how great i am." Jennie smirks facing Rose fully. "It's hard being this amazing all the time. I thought you already hired for my position?"

"We did but she left with out notice." Lisa admits shaking her head in annoyance. "We thought it would be easier to interview people for it when we do the interns."

"Makes sense." Jennie breathes eyes flickering between Lisa eyes and plump lips. It's not easy to decide which is better to look at. "Did you find someone? I know i'm impossible to replace but hey someone's got to be a close second right?" Jennie teases.

"Bert would be better than you." Rose quips.

"I give you that, he's a pretty incredible kid." Jennie admits knocking all Rose's defences back.

"Not that im not glad to see you, but aren't you suppose to be at work?" Lisa questions changing the topic completely as she pull her girlfriend closer. She's head to toe in blue scrubs and Jennie knows how much Lisa loves her in them.

"Well i was hoping we could get lunch together."

"I'd love to."

"We haven't finished sorting this out yet." Rose interrupts waving the paper full of names around.

"You decide." Lisa says uncaring. "I trust your decision. Ready?" she questions eyeing her girlfriend with so much love it's making Rose want to physically vomit. Jennie gives nothing more than a simple nod before she's being pulled out the room by her girlfriend but not before turning to face Rose with a smug smirk on her lips. "Rose try not to scare any more mail ladies away." She ends it with a simple wink leaving no room for Rose to comment back.

---

Turns out Jennie didn't want lunch at all, not that Lisa's complaining or anything.

"You could have just told me the truth." Lisa hums against Jennie's lips as she kisses her once more while running her hands up Jennie's thighs.

"Well that defeats the object of kidnapping you."

"You can't kidnap someone that is willing." Lisa smirks feeling Jennie's fingers snake around her neck until they tangle. She would come willingly everyday if Jennie just wanted to bring her home push her on the couch and climb above her with kisses waiting but Lisa knows Jennie, she knows she loves food almost as much as her, she knows Jennie would kiss her anywhere and tut back at any judgemental idiot, she knows Jennie always sends a text in advance as she's just as busy as her. When Lisa eyes finally look into Jennie for longer than a few seconds, Lisa raises her hand to brush away fallen strands on her hair. "What's going on?" Lisa questions softly leaning forward slightly. The thing about Jennie is she can hide her fears, worries and thoughts by her smile and witty humour, she's such a high rate person that no one would really notice any difference, but Lisa always does. It's in the way her eyes stay locked in a haze like she's thinking despite her bright smile, like she's lost in something unspoken, it's in the way she's holding Lisa extra close while wanting to be locked away in private, it's in the way Lisa know's Jennie hates feeling vulnerable around people other than her.

When Jennie brings their foreheads together while exhaling slow and unsteady Lisa's worry only grows, because Jennie brushes everything off like it's just her being silly or it's no big deal before finally coming out with the issue.

"I got scared today." Jennie confesses bringing her hand either side of Lisa's neck as she stares at her searching for something, relief, comfort. Lisa's not sure but she holds her tighter anyway hoping it provides something as she stays quiet giving Jennie the time to talk whenever she's ready. With another gentle reassuring squeeze and nuzzle of the nose Jennie's lips tilt in the slightest before she places a soft lingering kiss on Lisa's lips. "A woman was injured today. She was involved in a collision and we got the call before she arrived and we had to prep for surgery. The description we got was, young female in mid 20's." Jennie explains as Lisa tries connecting the dots, but so far it just sounds like any normal day at a hospital. "The crash happened around eight this morning, she was driving a Range Rover." Jennie explains as her eyes search Lisa's.

Oh.

Lisa sits forward even further her hand cupping Jennie's cheek in understanding with a furrow to her brow.

"I couldn't move." Jennie breathes swallowing harshly as she presses her forehead against Lisa's once more. "I thought it was you."

"Hey." Lisa coo's wrapping Jennie up in every way she could whilst kissing the tip of her nose. She can't help but picture Jennie rushing to clear a room while being briefed on what to expect only to freeze with dread, her heart sinks. "It wasn't." Lisa reassures even if it sounds silly.

"I couldn't move." Jennie admits as her eyes filled with dread. "I panicked. When the woman arrived, i was unprofessional... Only for a second, but i needed to know." Jennie explains in an apology but Lisa all but shakes her head and keeps her as close as she can. On a normal day Jennie can look at blood and gore while happily munching on her dinner where as Lisa keeps her eyes on her plate at all times knowing if she looks up for even a second she won't be able to eat anything while turning as white as a ghost. Jennie is that ghost right now, it only worries Lisa further." As she was wheeled in i thought... i thought it was you she had your hair and i just..." Jennie clamps her eyes and mouth shut as her fingers run from Lisa's neck in to her hair with a fierce grip.

"I'm here." Lisa reassures feeling Jennie's grip release something she's struggling to express.

"When i realised it wasn't you." Jennie breathes shaking her head rapidly. "God, I never felt a breath feel so good." Jennie says guiltily. "I shouldn't be thinking that way, I'm a doctor."

"Don't be silly." Lisa says firm but soft. Lisa want's to say you love me, She wants to say she would feel the exact same way and not feel guilty about it for even a second because she would rather it happen to someone else given the choice, but she doesn't because Jennie wouldn't listen anyway and she's more concerned about bringing colour back to those pale cheeks and helping Jennie forget how scared and panicked she is. "I'm not going anywhere." Lisa reassures tilting her lips in to a smirk as she stares in to Jennie eyes. "You wish you could get away from me that easy." she teases brining a sad smile to Jennie's lips.

"I really don't." Jennie admits but Lisa take's points where she can get them because that hint of a smile is better than no smile at all. "You're not allowed to have any accident and you're never allowed to leave." Jennie orders in a playful yet serious way. Lisa laughs bringing her lips to Jennie in leaving little kisses here and there.

"No accidents." Lisa confirms firmly before kissing Jennie's lips again.

"Never allowed to leave." Jennie repeats her smile only growing as her hands snake around Lisa's neck again.

"Never, ever." Lisa nods in confirmation.

"Not that you could." Jennie says casually with a shrug and suddenly Jennie's cockiness is back.

"I know." Lisa breathes. "I couldn't even say no to a date without you showing up at my door." Lisa teases.

"Shut up." Jennie smirks rolling her eyes as Lisa laughs. Maybe she was a little over the top, but hey she got the girl in the end so she supposes it was worth it.

"Do you have to go back to work?"

"No." Jennie says bringing her back to the reason she's in this position in the first place. "After i realised it wasn't you i just wanted to see you, a colleague of mine stepped in for me. I told them i wasn't feeling up for it."

"Well then, how about i run you a bath and then we can lay down and watch movies all day."

"Don't you have to get back?"

"I can clear my schedule."

"Rose will have my head." Jennie smirks.

"Nothing new then." Lisa hums reaching forward for Jennie's lips once more while feeling slightly better that Jennie's colour had returned a little.

"Suppose not." Jennie laughs.

----

Being a surgeon requires patience, calmness and concentration. They're three very important factors every surgeon has, Lisa's sure of it. Yet watching her girlfriend from the kitchen Lisa is about ready to laugh as her eyes flicker from Jennie to the TV which has suddenly declared that it's 'buffering 89%'.

"For god sake!" Jennie tuts letting out a more than over exaggerated breath. It's not the first time Lisa's seen the message appear while Jennie had been thoroughly lost in one episode or another and she's certainly it won't be the last, thank god.

"Give it a minute." Lisa suggest knowing at some point the internet will kick in and load like there was never a problem at all, however her eyes can't resist flicking from the TV to Jennie in the process. Jennie being the impatient little surgeon that she is pulls out her phone from beneath the pillow flicking through the news before she's looking at the TV screen impatiently which of course has not even loaded another 1%.

"Hurry up then." She tuts to the TV making Lisa all but giggle to herself in the kitchen as she dips the tea bag back and forth in hot water.

Buffering 99%.

"Is the internet down?" Jennie frowns looking over the couch to Lisa in question.

"No." Lisa answers after looking at the box.

Another minute or two pass and Lisa's finished the tea all together she's just standing in the kitchen at this point watching Jennie grow annoyed as the red circle continues to go around with the same dam message.

Buffering 99%.

"Flipping buffer then!" Jennie snaps waving her hand at the telly like she's telling it off.

"Babe." Lisa smirks, laugh carefully tucked away temporarily.

"Hmm."

"If you ask it a little louder it might work." Lisa teases finally taking the two cups in her hand and walking back into the front room.

"Ha. Ha." Jennie breathes rolling her eyes before they're narrowing back on the TV screen with the same message. "It's lying." Jennie declares. "It's not buffering at all."

"What's it doing then?" Lisa laughs finding her previous spot behind her girlfriend.

"Nothing obviously. How long's it take to load 1%." Jennie rants on shaking her head at the TV in disgust. "Why do we even have netflix? it's all rubbish, it never loads and this stupid circle spinning on my screen is not exactly the entertainment i paid for." Jennie says turning to face her girlfriend with her serious annoyed eyes. The serious annoyed eyes Lisa can never seem to take seriously because that look only appears when Buffering appears.

"Get rid of it then." Lisa suggest eyes flickering between Jennie eyes and pulled tight lips. How Jennie gets whelmed up this easily is cute in Lisa's eyes. "I only watch it when you're here anyway."

"I'll cancel it." Jennie nods turning to face the tv again.

Buffering 89%.

"It's gone down! How the hell can it go down!" Jennie snaps her annoyance growing. "What a piece of shit! Bloody crap thing!" Jennie rants. "What a stupid app!"

As quick as it paused it starts again the buffering message disappearing just as quickly as Jennie stops ranting and lays back down and snuggled back in to the pillows. It's one of those moments where you tell yourself not to laugh because it's gone quite and you know you shouldn't but you just can't help it. Lisa laughs, body shaking, stomach hurting loud because her girlfriend is such a little stress head.

"What?" Jennie says innocently turning to face her girlfriend with a hint of a smile herself.

"You're ridiculous." Lisa giggles shaking her head as she buries her nose in the back of Jennie's neck still laughing.

Jennie forgets all about cancelling her subscription and they go through the same process three days later which results in Jennie switching the main plugs off annoyed with Netflix, the internet and the tv after waiting ten minutes for that lying 1%.

----

"Well if i had to suffer i'm glad i'm not the only one." Jennie breathes bringing her wine glass to the tip of her lips as she scans the crowd.

"How thoughtful of you." Gus laughs copying Jennie.

It's not that she doesn't like these charity events, it just that well... She bloody hates them. It wouldn't be that bad if it was focused solemnly on the charity itself but unfortunately where there's a charity event there is money and where there is money there are pigs in suits wanting you to kiss their shoes and lick their arse for donating, but even that is more of a brag.

"Look at him " Jennie smirks nodding to a man in an over priced suit who's standing that straight it looks like his belly is bloating out. "Oh, darling i donated £10,000 you know." Jennie mocks in her poshest voice that she can muster with a man's edginess to her voice. "I wipe with fifty's Debby i'm to posh for twenty's darling."

Gus laughs and quickly after so does Jennie causing a few head turns.

"You do realise your girlfriend is one of these rich suits." Gus smirks.

"One, my woman is in a sexy dress actually, impossible to miss and two, I'd kill her if she wiped with a fifty." Jennie quips turning to face the dull lot once more. "Do you think they would notice if we just slipped out?" Jennie questions hopefully. "There's a bar across the road, i bet we could make it over there and be back before they notice."

"Bet you couldn't." comes that all to familiar voice.

"What! Gus! How could you suggest such a thing." Jennie scoffs turning to face the giant man. "I would never." Jennie breathes shaking her head at her girlfriend. "Some people." she tuts.

"Nice try." Lisa smirks shaking her head as her hand slips around Jennie's waist automatically. "You know you don't have to come to these."

"I like to show my support." Jennie offers nodding her head slowly because even she knows she's not entirely convincing.

"From the bar next door?" Gus teases already laughing.

"Preferably."

"I thought that was Gus's idea?" Lisa laughs raising her brow in teasing.

"I never said HIS idea wasn't good."

"Actually you said 'how could...' "

"alright Mr no it all, no one asked you." Jennie says quickly cutting Gustus off and waving the conversation away while wrapping her arms around Lisa's neck. "So can we go yet?"

"No." Lisa laughs. "We've only been here half hour."

"Urgh." Jennie whines releasing her hold completely. "Was worth a shot." she shrugs scanning the crowed once more, nothing much had changed from the last time she looked.

"Isn't that Kai over there?" Lisa questions narrowing her eyes on someone waving.

"Oh yeah." Jennie waves back her smile growing. "What do you know, there is life on this planet after all." Jennie teases to plant a soft kiss on her girlfriends lips. "I'm going to say hi, coming?" She hums kissing Lisa's lips once more.

"I'm going to mingle, I'll come find you." Lisa offers finally letting go of her girlfriend.

"Ok. Come on Gus, us Humans have to stick together!" Jennie demands causing her girlfriend to roll her eyes once more.

Lisa watches Gus be pulled along without complaint, not that he had much of a choice in the first place.

"What are you smiling at now?" Rose frowns finally finding her sisters side.

"Your husband being dragged by someone half his size." Lisa smirks nodding slightly to her left where Jennie's arm is linked around Gustus's leaving no room for argument.

"Oh lovely, she's corrupting the only remaining person i had left." Rose huffs playfully. "Who are they talking to?"

"Kai." Lisa answers turning to face her girlfriends talking to the young doctor. "Jennie works most her shifts with him."

"Oh right." Rose nods watching the scene unfold in front of her. "And your ok with dimples flirting with her then?" Rose smirks knowing her sister all to well, Lisa can't help but smirk back before turning to face her girlfriend once more.

There was a time when Lisa would stomp over and hold Jennie a little tighter, kiss Jennie a little more just to make their titles clear to any potential intruders, there was a time when Lisa wouldn't be happy at all and feel completely insecure about the situation but this is now and things couldn't be more different. If there was one thing Lisa knew about Jennie, it was how much she loves her with everything she has. Somehow over time Jennie had removed Lisa's jealousy with out her even being aware of it, it only occurred to her one night when they were separated, but when Lisa eventually found Jennie on the dance floor looking annoyed and trapped by a young lad dancing by her side Lisa just stood there and laughed even after her girlfriends eyes found hers and pleaded her for help. She was even more surprised that she let her suffer for another solid ten minutes.

"Flirt all he likes." Lisa shrugs. "She's coming home with me." Lisa breathes already looking forward to it. "Now lets go find some business." Lisa orders ignoring her sisters amused look.

Jennie had changed her for the better.

---

Jennie was being a little shit. Lisa was struggling to stay focused as she sipped her wine to hide her grin. The problem with feeling completely secure in her relationship was Jennie loved seeing Lisa's jealous side, especially when she's been apart from her majority of the night while being a few drinks in, but no matter how much Lisa tries focusing on Mr McLean and whatever it is he's babbling on about Lisa's eyes can't help but drift over to Jennie who's looking back with a devilish smirk. If Lisa wasn't surrounded by such snotty people she would laugh and roll her eyes at her girlfriend at such a poor attempt. Lisa knows all about Kai and his ways, Jennie had told her so herself, she knows he's aware they're together but flirts anyway, she knows Jennie thinks he looks like a skater kid that needs a hair cut, she knows he drinks one to many Coffee's because Jennie had told Lisa she discretely has to offer him a chewing gum when his breath is to bad. She knows Kai isn't remotely her type which makes her attempt all the more funnier.

"Would you excuse me." Lisa says politely before brushing past Mr McLean. Lisa hides her smile as she approaches her girlfriend because she's not jealous at all but she will do this just for Jennie.

"Hi." Lisa greets softly her hand automatically slipping around Jennie's hip with a soft kiss waiting, it lingers longer than it usually would and Lisa can definitely feel Jennie smirk against her lips as her hand slips around her neck.

"Hi." Jennie greets.

"Kai isn't it?" Lisa questions turning to the skater doctor and holding her hand out. She's met him a few times and each time it's been brief as far as she's concerned he's a dick head who has no respect for relationships but she trust Jennie so he's safe.

"Nice to see you again Lisa." He's so fake it's laughable.

Lisa can't say the same back so instead she chooses to smile and turn to her girlfriend with another soft kiss before leaning closer to Jennie's ear.

"Don't forget who you come home with." Lisa whispers smirking the whole time because this is what Jennie loves to hear, so she squeezes her hip a little tighter.

"Thats the part i'm looking forward to." Jennie says without missing a beat.

"Car will be outside in fifteen." Lisa hums kissing the tip of her ear before turning back around and heading back to Mr Mclean unable to resist turning back for one last look, all she see's is Jennie biting her bottom lip with her gaze alot lower than Lisa's face.

Lisa can't help but smirk.

---

"You know i wasn't jealous at all don't you?" Lisa pants breathlessly as Jennie slams her back against the lift doors as they close.

"Yes." Jennie breathes before nipping on Lisa's lip harder than normal. "I wouldn't do it else." Jennie admits not having a care where she is as she peels one of Lisa's straps from her dress of her shoulder.

"Jennie." Lisa moans pushing her strap back on as she tries to push Jennie away. It's a lousy attempt if you can even call it that, because Jennie's lips are back on Lisa's nipping and sucking till Lisa's going crazy. "We can't." Lisa finally says wanting to keep at least a bit of dignity. After all they are in a elevator, they are almost home.

"We can." Jennie argues pulling at the strap once more before moving her lips to Lisa's collar bone.

It's the worst argument anyone can ever give but yet Lisa doesn't fight it the second time and just allows Jennie to do what ever she wants with a need that had her clawing at Jennie's back, maybe Jennie's right she is wearing far to many clothes after all.

"You're sexy when you claim me." Jennie husks pushing a thigh between Lisa's.

Just when Lisa's beginning to think they definitely can, the lift door ping's open and there stands their neighbour Katie having no clue where to put her eyes.

"Shit." Lisa grumbles out pushing Jennie away and pulling her strap back up. "Hi." She mutters while Jennie just laughs giving a wave.

"Hi katie." Jennie giggles walking past the girl to follow Lisa out. "Lifts all yours."

"Thanks." she says awkwardly stepping in.

"Don't worry we haven't had sex in there." Jennie laughs turning around to face her.

"Jennie!" Lisa snaps her cheeks bright red while desperately trying to open the apartment door.

The lift disappears as quick as it appeared Jennie's still giggling as she closes the door behind her.

"Well at least she didn't try kidnap me this time." Jennie quips making Lisa laugh while pulling her closer. "Now come here." She mumbles killing Lisa's laugh completely.

--

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 114K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
85.2K 1.8K 27
❝ do you know the story of icarus? ❞ ❝ everything that goes up must come down. ❞ ❝ even icarus fell, danny. ❞ ❝ when i come back, i'm gonna hold you...
845 180 16
park y/n a smile girl who love her parents so much she wants to to study abroad but when she go there her life changed ...
120K 3.8K 10
"I'm pregnant." - Jennie "You're what!?" - Kai Jennie is pregnant and Kai asked her to abort the baby. She asked Chaeyoung and Jisoo to find a new pl...