Welcome Home!

By Cakepop730

You're a 3 foot puppet living in a wonderful puppet world. What tales will you write? Surely nothing will go... More

Part 1: Enter, Neighbor
Part 2: Julie's House
Part 3: Barnaby
Part 4: The Party
Part 5: The Snow Day
Part 6: Star Below
Part 7: Eddie's Conundrum
Quick Author Question
Part 8: Rainy Day Activities
Part 9: Interference
Part 10: Ruffled Feathers
Part 12: Separation
Part 13: Fear Versus Feared
Part 14: Uncertainty
Part 15: Loss
Part 16: Just in Time
Part 17: Oddities
Part 18: Howdy, there!
Part 19: Joke
Part 20: Butterfly Fest (+Bonus Info!)
Part 21: Fests and Friends
Part 22: Time
Part 23: Capture
Part 24: Date
Part 25: Pick
Part 26: Supernova
Part 27: Over
Part 28: Not Mad
Part 29: Rest
Part 30: Trap
Part 31: Rush
Part 32: Sorry
Part 33: Goodbye, Neighbor (Alternate Continuation)
Part 34: Stay?
Part 35: The Play
Part 36: Hope for Nothing
Part 37: Dearest Apologies
Part 38: Pamper
Part 39: Alright
Part 40: Frank and Eddie
Part 41: Baking Up a Plan
Part 42: Barnaman
Part 43: There's a Man in the Woods
Part 44: Tea for Seven
Part 45: Bye-bye
Part 46: Couple
Part 47: Departure
Part 48: Bereaved
Part 49: Help
Part 50: Disregard
Patt 51: Beagles
Part 52: A Fiery Day
Part 53: End
Part 54: Finally Informed
Part 55: Finale

Part 11: Wally and Poppy

5.5K 259 465
By Cakepop730

A few days after my visit with Poppy, I found myself rearranging and decorating my house more often. Today, as I moved the nightstand by my bed, I was surprised to hear what sounded like angry squeaking. I opened my front door and looked around.

My eyes settled on a very disgruntled Home. Wally was looking out a window, scratching at it like a sad cat. I giggled to myself. What had he done to upset the tallest neighbor?

"Home, what happened?" I said, suppressing my laughter.

In response, Home gave me a series of angry door squeaks, windows slams, curtain closing, and rumbling. It seemed that Wally had gone to Howdy's shop and and ate all the apples.

"Oh, so you're punishing him!" I laughed. Home squeaked a yes. Wally continued scratching at the window sadly. He wanted out. I waved at him. He perked up, saying something to Home. Home rolled its eyes and opened its front door.

"Hello, dear!" He blew me a kiss. I laughed, blowing him a kiss.

"Wherever did you learn such a thing?" I asked.

"Mom. Poppy. She taught me that "dear", "sweet", and "darling" are all terms of endearment used on friends! She also taught me that blowing kisses can be a very lovely way to greet neighbors!"

I smiled. "Oh, that's wonderful! I was referring to you eating Howdy's apples that were still in their crate, however."

Wally tugged at the collar of his shirt nervously. "Ohhh, that.. ahah... Home told you, hm? Well, I.." he looked own at his shoes, thinking. "I was just.. hungry!"

I laughed. "Oh? Okay!"

"Yes. Anyways, would you like to go do something?" Wally tilted his head slightly, waiting for a response.

"Oh! Does a walk around the neighborhood and then a tea part aound delightful to you?" I asked. He looked up, deciding. He looked at me again.

"Sounds perfect!"

"Wonderful! Let's go then," I said, offering him my hand. I usually held the hand of whatever neighbor I was with when we went on walks. It always helped me feel a little less nervous. Wally looked at my hand for a few seconds before taking it.

"Alright!" He smiled at me.

"Oh! If you don't mind, I have to stop by Sally's house! Howdy asked me if I could deliver her the threads she ordered." I did not want to run errands if my companion didn't want me to. After all, it was improper to drag someone around as you did your chores.

"No bother at all," he said flatly. I nodded, leading him over to Sally's house. I knocked.

"Sally, dear! I have the supplies you ordered!" I called. Sally opened the door and gratefully took the box.

"Thank you, thank you, thank youuuuuu, you beautifullllll friiiiiii~eeeennnddddddd!" Sally sang. She twirled. She was about to hand me an invitation to something when she saw Wally, who had been behind me the entire time. "Oh, you know, I just remembered! Stop by later, 'kay?" She waved at me.

"That was odd, was it not? I wonder if I did or said something that upset her... she seems so uncomfortable around me," I said with an exasperated sigh. Wally continued walking.

"Sally is a star, after all. You know how they can be. Unpredictable. Explosive." He muttered the last part. It was obvious he didn't think I could hear him. I said nothing. I didn't truly understand what he had meant, but I thought it was rude to press the issue further.

"I suppose you're right..." I trailed off. "Oh! Should we invite some friends over for the tea party?"

"If it's no trouble at all to you, I'd prefer if it was just us two," Wally replied, smoothing his hair. I did not know why he was smoothing his hair. His hair was as hard as a rock, after all. It was still a tad bit squishy, surprisingly.

"Just the two of us? That's not quite a party, but it will do!" I exclaimed with a smile. Wally nodded happily.

A few hours later, we were setting up for the tea party. Wally would have liked to have it over at Home, but Home wasn't happy with Wally still. He had been banished for a few hours.

"Aren't these cups just darling? Julie gifted them to me," I hummed pleasantly. I didn't see Wally's reaction, for my eyes were closed as I said those words.

"Yes... just darling," he agreed. I didn't know what he was referring to, but I assumed he liked the cups as much as I.

"Would you be a dear and grab some-" I was interrupted by a knock. Wally's eyes flashed for just a moment. He didn't seem too thrilled about the new guest.

"'Ello. Miss Poppy's sick again. Would ya mind visit'ng 'er? She seems awf'lly lonesome," Barnaby said, stooping down to talk to me.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that! Yes! Wally and I will go visit her." I turned to Wally. "Come along, Wally! We mustn't wait any longer!"

When we arrived, one of the doors of the barn was cracked open. We snuck in.

"Poppy, dear? How are you feeling?" I asked quietly. She stirred, slowly sitting up in her bed.

"Oh, my. I hope visiting was no trouble," she said with a sneeze.

"Not at all!" I exclaimed. I quickly climbed into the loft where her kitchen was. I began making some soup for her. Wally stayed right beside her downstairs.

"Mom..? Is there anything you need?" he asked quietly. I could barely hear Wally's voice over the sound of sizzling ingredients in my pot.

"Dear Wally, you must be nicer to your neighbors. You've frightened poor Sally! I believe she thinks that you dislike her," Poppy said softly. She held one of Wally's tiny hands with both of her wings. Wally nodded.

"But enough about the others. What about you? Are you going to be alright?" Wally questioned. Urgency seeped into his voice.

"Oh, I'm sure I'll be all healed up in a few days. You needn't worry yourself, my dear," Poppy reassured him. I crept back downstairs, holding a bowl with a spoon.

"Here, Poppy! I have some soup for you," I offered. I placed the bowl in a vacant spot on her bed. She picked it up, happily tasting it.

"Lovely. Thank you, deary."

Wally turned to me after a few seconds of staring at Poppy. "Would you mind if we hung out here? I fear that Poppy will be needing help soon."

"I don't mind! It's extremely unpleasant to abandon a sick friend."

"I'm glad you think so. Now, what should we do? I apologize for the canceled tea party," Wally said, his voice soft and low. It seemed that he had been excited for it, after all.

"Oh! I need to go run another errand. I'll be right back after, alright? In the meantime, you could plan something." I pulled both of my hands away, for Poppy held one, and Wally held the other. He nodded, turning back to Poppy.

As I walked back to my own house, I felt a pang of guilt gnaw at me. I had no errands. I just wanted to return to that spot in the forest.

I finally made it. I crouched as I dug at the earth again. Something blue glittered. I gasped. It was a gorgeous blue, but the object was far too large for me to see it. I had to continue digging. Finally, I managed to free a part of the mysterious object. I picked up a scrap of torn fabric. It was so sparkly and soft. I studied it closer. There seemed to have been a struggle to get at it, for it was covered in tiny scratches and stitches. I placed it into my pocket and stood up. I was too cold to continue. I turned around and walked back to the barn.

Poppy waved at me slowly while Wally blew me another kiss. He enjoyed giving those out to everyone.

"I apologize for my absence! I forgot that I needed to plant some flower seeds in the soil beds along my house."

"Oh, that's no problem. I completely understand. It can be difficult to remember things sometimes," Poppy commented with a slight smile.

"I thought of an activity we can do! We could make a gift to give to Home," Wally suggested shyly. It was clear he wanted to apologize to Home in some way.

"Sure! Let's make Home a giant bow to wear!"

"Perfect!" Wally clasped his hands together quickly.

The next few hours, we worked hard to make Home a spectacular bow. We also took turns tending to Poppy. Before we left to put the bow on Home, I ran over to Poppy's bed. I gave her the biggest hug I could manage. She smiled and patted my head.

Home enjoyed the bow very much. Wally and I stuck it to the side of their roof, positioning it so the bow was both a bow and a bowtie.

"This has been an enjoyable day! Thank you, my friend," I thanked Wally, hugging him. He went limp.

"Yes... thank you so much..!" Wally said. I stopped hugging him so he could stand. With that, I skipped all the way to my house.

When I arrived, I tucked the scrap of fabric underneath my pillow. I had to do something with it. I just wasn't  sure yet..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

816 31 14
I haven't seen too many books like this, so I'm making my own! SFW (Safe For Work)! This is not NSFW (Not Safe For Work)! Age regression is a complet...
825 9 16
I want to join the party- Will (probably) include: - Oneshots (duh) - AUs I come up with - Headcanons go brrrrrr - Incorrect Quotes, lol - Art! ^^ ...
136K 3.6K 38
My first ever Wattpad story! I have never done this before and I'm so excited about it! - Description: (Y/n) is depressed with her sad life, mother...
157 5 12
MC wakes up in a different world and for some reason, everything is slightly or drastically different from the worlds that she goes into. Before she...