Sofia the protected

By Teacupme

Sofia is run ragged with work she's a protector a student and the story keeper.So when her father makes an an... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
Announcement.
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
chapter 34
36
Bonus chapter #1
Bonus #2
Bonus #3
Bonus Chapter #4
Bonus#5
Bonus #6
Bonus chapter 7
Bonus chapter 8
Bonus chapter 9
We meat again

love in the conservatory

247 5 1
By Teacupme

Amber's perspective

Ever realm Academy added a new special astronomy elective! You have to travel off campus to attend the class. My classmates and I are waiting outside our school for a flying Carriage to take us to the School of Science and alchemy.

When the carriage Comes into view I bounce on my toes overcome with glee. I'm the first one in of course. Princess Eliza clutches my arm despite commuting on a flying Carriage to school every day, she still doesn't like it. her father only recently became an Earl so all this Royal stuff is new to her. Although you would never know it from her presentations in our kingdom management classes.

As the carriage evens out I slip into my thoughts. I'm so excited! I love astronomy and I've been studying by myself for a long time. I've spent many late nights staring up through a telescope at the stars. The way they glisten and gleam captures my attention but the science behind them is what makes my attention stay. I have piles of books in my room about the stars.

When the carriage lands I'm the first one to get out. Real excitement flows through me as my feet hit the cobblestones. I'm practically running up the steps when my teacher calls out to me.

" Princess Amber stay with the group please."

I silently drop back to talk With my friend Eliza.

" Amber the only time I've seen you run that fast is when Charlemagne's had a sale on designer pumps,"Eliza says smiling at me.

" The nighttime sky is one of my passions. Charting the stars and the celestial bodies" I sigh contentedly. " I don't think the human race will ever be done studying the expanse above us."

Eliza chortled."Princess amber! who knew you were such a nerd?"

" I'm not a nerd I'm an astronomer." The physics book at my bedside table tells a different story but my friend doesn't need to know that.

When the slow-moving group reaches the top of the steps our teacher claps her hands three times to gather our attention.

" Now students this is a very special class it is one of the only Co-op classes you will be taking this year. The School of Science and Alchemy has been very kind to invite us here. I expect you all to behave, especially since this class has a very odd duration. Starting at Twilight we will be discussing different celestial bodies and their sciences. Come Nightfall your homework will be to use the numerous telescopes to find what we were discussing today. You will be in a partner group with students from the school of science. I expect you all to be on your best Royal behavior."

The grand double doors open revealing a strange site indeed. The scientific triumphs of previous students line the halls in glass cases. What might be a trophy case in a normal school contained vials and contraptions. I looked at the glass cases as I was walking by. The Rube Goldberg machines and scientific formulas had me widening my eyes. One of the formulas was credited to my old friend Desmond. I had forgotten he went here.

We were led to the top floor of the conservatory. It was all I could do to contain my shriek of delight it was bigger than the one in our castle. With at least 10 more telescopes. Ranging in size from ginormous to handheld.

"Gorgeous," Eliza whispered in my ear.

"I know would you look at the size of that telescope."

"I was talking about the boys. They look mighty fine." She was looking over at a Duo bent over a map. One had Tawny hair and a pinstripe jacket. The other had rusty blonde hair and eyes that were neither Brown nor Green. He was a tried and true nerd proved by the pencil tucked behind his ear. An added bonus to his attractive brain, the fabric of his blue jacket was filled out well. Something about his eyes seemed welcoming. He was hot.

"Yeah, those brown eyes," I whispered in confidentiality to my friend.

" What are you talking about they're blue."She whispered back.

" No brown." My eyes slid over to the other boy who in fact had blue eyes. "Oh, you're right blue."

" all right students would you all please find a partner for today's project and keep in mind it must be someone who does not attend your school. We want you all to get acquainted."A man and a tweed jacket and wire-rimmed glasses announces. he's clearly going to be one of our professors tonight.

Simultaneously Eliza and I walk toward the gentleman we were covertly staring at. I having more gumption than Eliza, speak first. Addressing the handsome boy in blue I say "How do you do I am Princess Amber. And this is my friend lady Eliza. We're in search of Roguishly handsome partners for tonight's project."

"Well if you want rogueishly handsome you'll have to look elsewhere. But if you are in need of a brilliant brain then I'm your guy."The guy in blue Taps his temple with his finger.

"Speak for yourself, mate."The boy in the pinstripe jacket extends his hand to Eliza. "The roguishly handsome count Fitzgerald at your service."Eliza giggles. She breaks eye contact with the handsome stranger for a moment to give me a look of excited dismay. I watch my friend and the boy walk away to find their seats for the lecture.

I Shrugged my shoulders and resume my conversation with the boy in blue" A big brain is always more attractive than a handsome face. Although I am inclined to believe that you possess both."

"T-Thanks." The boy stiffens a profuse blush spreading across his cheeks. After taking a moment to compose himself the boy bows slightly. A practiced motion of royal etiquette. " it would be my honor to be your partner tonight."

For all his gusto and etiquette the boy has neglected to tell me his name. I sit with the mystery boy in the lecture. He even lent me his pencil so I could take notes on the atmosphere of Jupiter.

Hours later when the night has fallen I follow the boy to a small telescope in the corner.

" shouldn't we use one of the bigger ones?" I asked puzzled. wouldn't it be easier to find if we had a bigger field of vision?

" Maybe. But I set this one up hours ago. I made sure it was in the correct position, already focused on Jupiter."

You're efficient aren't you I think to myself. I've been down to take a look through the telescope and sure enough, Jupiter is clearly Within sight.

"My stepping away from the telescope I look at the worksheet. "You'll have to fill in the first few questions I don't know the answers. They're all about the angle of the telescope and how long it took us to find the planet."

The scrap of paper that is our homework doesn't seem very important we finish it within a few minutes and spend the rest of the night discussing astronomy and shockingly other things too. Music and enchanted gardening. I even find myself telling him all about the disaster I caused at the Tea Party last month when I knocked over the tray of tea cakes.

"I'm normally not that clumsy. You should have seen the duchess of Corduroy's face"

"Covered in cake I'm sure." The boy tilts his head back and laughs reminding me of someone.

"The front of her dress too," I say through a smirk remembering the enraged duchess.

My teacher's voice calls out breaking into our fun. " students is time to hand in your papers. ever realm Academy please line up at the door when you're finished."

"Oh, it's over already?"The boy lowers his head in a way that reminds me of a sad puppy dog.

" I really liked spending time with you." I stare up at him feeling with my fingers feeling unexplainably nervous.

" Yeah, it was nice to see you again Amber."The boys' eyes are off to the side but there's a soft blush painted across his face.

the strange thought interrupts the peaceful moment and before I can retract it words tumble out of my mouth." Again? What do you mean again? Have we met before?"

"Oh I thought you recognized me, I thought that's why you invited me to be your partner."The boy's shoulders goes rigid. His smile has an air of uncomfortably now.

My cheeks flame in embarrassment how could I have forgotten this boy? There's no way I could have encountered him before. I would have remembered those eyes." I'm sorry. Um no."Are the words that awkwardly eek out of my mouth. All gusto and confidence were far out of sight for the moment.

"I'm De-" As the boy starts to say his name I look into his eyes again and who he is hits me like a hurricane.

"Desmond, of course, you are. I'm so sorry."Every alarm bell in my head is blaring right now how could I have screwed up so terribly. You've done it now Amber.

Hoping to make amends I lean on my Royal charms."Believe me when I say I am properly mortified. Please forgive me."ICourtesy deeply. When I again rise to my full height I extend my hand. "I'm delighted to again make your acquaintance."Desmond gently shakes my hand. He smiles at me. Its a small but I know I'm forgiven.

Still clasping my right hand Desmond reaches out to take the paper out of my left hand. Setting it on the small standing table next to the telescope he picks up his pencil and writes his name. "Desmond. So you won't forget it." he starts to walk away but pauses briefly to wink at me. " I'll turn it in, you go rejoin your classmates. Until we meet again princess."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 34 5
Sofia's fairytale teen romance wasn't running as smoothly as it should be - at least not according to all the romance books she reads. She got the ol...
226K 379 6
Jonathon, a billionaire who vowed never to speak or trust just anybody... Delnard, the best friend who was always second best at everything... Sofia...
681 39 19
Sofia is a bubbly, purple loving 18 year old girl and her stepdad is the ceo of one of the biggest companies in the world. She still mourns the death...
149 9 11
This is a story I'm writing at school for a competition- write a whole novel in a month. I'll update as much as I can. SofĂ­a is a 14 year old half Me...