love in the conservatory

Amber's perspective

Ever realm Academy added a new special astronomy elective! You have to travel off campus to attend the class. My classmates and I are waiting outside our school for a flying Carriage to take us to the School of Science and alchemy.

When the carriage Comes into view I bounce on my toes overcome with glee. I'm the first one in of course. Princess Eliza clutches my arm despite commuting on a flying Carriage to school every day, she still doesn't like it. her father only recently became an Earl so all this Royal stuff is new to her. Although you would never know it from her presentations in our kingdom management classes.

As the carriage evens out I slip into my thoughts. I'm so excited! I love astronomy and I've been studying by myself for a long time. I've spent many late nights staring up through a telescope at the stars. The way they glisten and gleam captures my attention but the science behind them is what makes my attention stay. I have piles of books in my room about the stars.

When the carriage lands I'm the first one to get out. Real excitement flows through me as my feet hit the cobblestones. I'm practically running up the steps when my teacher calls out to me.

" Princess Amber stay with the group please."

I silently drop back to talk With my friend Eliza.

" Amber the only time I've seen you run that fast is when Charlemagne's had a sale on designer pumps,"Eliza says smiling at me.

" The nighttime sky is one of my passions. Charting the stars and the celestial bodies" I sigh contentedly. " I don't think the human race will ever be done studying the expanse above us."

Eliza chortled."Princess amber! who knew you were such a nerd?"

" I'm not a nerd I'm an astronomer." The physics book at my bedside table tells a different story but my friend doesn't need to know that.

When the slow-moving group reaches the top of the steps our teacher claps her hands three times to gather our attention.

" Now students this is a very special class it is one of the only Co-op classes you will be taking this year. The School of Science and Alchemy has been very kind to invite us here. I expect you all to behave, especially since this class has a very odd duration. Starting at Twilight we will be discussing different celestial bodies and their sciences. Come Nightfall your homework will be to use the numerous telescopes to find what we were discussing today. You will be in a partner group with students from the school of science. I expect you all to be on your best Royal behavior."

The grand double doors open revealing a strange site indeed. The scientific triumphs of previous students line the halls in glass cases. What might be a trophy case in a normal school contained vials and contraptions. I looked at the glass cases as I was walking by. The Rube Goldberg machines and scientific formulas had me widening my eyes. One of the formulas was credited to my old friend Desmond. I had forgotten he went here.

We were led to the top floor of the conservatory. It was all I could do to contain my shriek of delight it was bigger than the one in our castle. With at least 10 more telescopes. Ranging in size from ginormous to handheld.

"Gorgeous," Eliza whispered in my ear.

"I know would you look at the size of that telescope."

"I was talking about the boys. They look mighty fine." She was looking over at a Duo bent over a map. One had Tawny hair and a pinstripe jacket. The other had rusty blonde hair and eyes that were neither Brown nor Green. He was a tried and true nerd proved by the pencil tucked behind his ear. An added bonus to his attractive brain, the fabric of his blue jacket was filled out well. Something about his eyes seemed welcoming. He was hot.