We meat again

Prince James' perspective.

I love chivalry hall, sportsmanship the teamwork. The horrible stench in the locker rooms, okay well maybe not that.

My feet pound against the polished wooden floor racing towards my locker. I'll be about 10 minutes late for first hour. Without thinking about it I unlock my locker. The cool metal of my now open padlock falls into my awaiting hand I wonder what we're going to do today? More jousting practice? Or maybe archery? No doubt it'll be something cool and hands-on.

It was not something cool or something I could get my hands dirty with.

I raced to my first-hour class only to find the door locked with nobody inside my homeroom. Cupping my hands over my eyes I try to peer through the window into the dark room. I pull back confused, Tapeed to the door is a small note telling everyone to meet in the auditorium for a special assembly. taking my books with me I disregard the no running in the Halls rule as i sprint my way to the auditorium.

Lucky for me my friend Apollo save me a seat. Contrary to his name he is nothing like the sun god. He's terrible at playing music. I heard him once I thought an animal was suffering. Apollo's hair is dark brown so are his eyes. I smile at him as he waves me over.

"What I miss?"I asked settling down into the plush green velvet seat.

"Nothing lucky for you. Nobody really knows what's happening besides we were told to meet here.

" Maybe Mr. Winslow wanted to lecture us again on the manners of the night." Manners are a good thing. But being a prince my whole life I've had my fill of them.

Miss Maisy steps up onto the stage holding a microphone. Instantly the chatter dies out.

" Students students. We have quite the treat for you today. The Performing Arts Academy has come to give us a small concert."

Miss Maisy frowns slightly and adds, "I hope that this break from your studies gives you an academic appreciation for music." She says the words as if something good might come out of this after all.

The lights go down and I can hear Miss Maisie's heels clicking on the hardwood steps of the stage. As the curtain Rises an Orchestra starts up. The clear Pleasant notes of a mandolin are heard over everything else the plucking tune sounds light as a fairy's wings. Off to the right of the stage directly in the spotlight is Vivian. Her glossy black hair is shielding her face and I recognize her favorite mandolin. Her fingers move nimbly plucking out the tune.

Words are added to the tune as a soft but clear voice sings in an unidentifiable language. Amber would probably know. I turn my attention to Center Stage where Cleo is singing into a microphone. I wonder if I'll get to talk to my old friends after the show.

Suddenly pink fireworks appear right above the stage the glitter forms into the English translation of what Cleo is singing. Cleo might be Center Stage but Vivian is the star of this show.

"What a snoozefest am I right playing classical music in the morning." My friend Apollo looks over at me my mouth hanging open wide-eyed staring at the stage.

" Whoa dude are you actually enjoying this? You look captivated."

" Those are my friends. Vivian and Cleo. We went to RPA together. Isn't Vivian's magical music cool and Cleo is obviously trained hard to be able to hit those high notes."

"Boys stop talking." Mr. Henrik hissed at us.

As the concert progresses to the next song Cleo and Vivian take it back seat allowing some of the other students to shine. without the excitement of seeing my friends again I slip into the board monotony of listening to classical music. the same pieces that have been played at every Royal function I have ever attended. Sophia and Amber will be thrilled to hear about the concert.

" Hey, Apollo do you want to sneak backstage with me after the show?"

"Are you crazy? we're going to get caught." He looks at me hesitantly.

" But that's half the fun. Come on come meet my friends you love them." 

" Okay but only because it's you, James. you always come up with the craziest schemes."

When the last song is announced I slipped from my chair and headed towards the backstage entrance Apollo just behind me.

" Prince James!" darn it busted already. Slowly I turned around Miss Maisie is standing behind me her arms crossed. " Yes miss?"

"Your presence is requested by Princess Cleo and princess Vivian. Apollo, you can come too. "

"Yes!" I hear my buddy whisper behind me.

Our teacher escorts us backstage to a dressing room There are so many people bustling and doing things. waxing their instruments touching up makeup chatting with their neighbors. eventually, I spot Cleo and Vivian Cleo was touching up her makeup in the mirror and Vivian is staring down at her mandolin.

" hey girls long time no see."I wave nervously but I flashed them my genuine princely smile.

Cleo stands up from her chair a huge smile on her face" James it's good to see you again.

Vivian's perspective

I watch as my friend gracefully stands up to greet Prince James. I fidget with my hands not looking up. It's just James, Vivian stand up you can do this, I tell myself. I remain seated. I'm not even sure if standing up is possible right now. Yes it's just James that's the problem. He's kind and brave and funny. The Familiar feeling in my chest is accompanied by a fuzzy feeling that glows over me from head to toe. The butterflies in my stomach and the zaniness in my head prohibit me from even looking up. After all this time I still like him. I like him a lot.

A random thought pops into my head. What would Carissa do? Chrissa, it is the character I play in the musical Thumbelina's Backstory. I asked myself that question a lot as a form of method acting. That's it! acting! I'll just pretend I'm Carissa right now talking to a stranger. She wouldn't let anything scare her as she bravely confronts those around her.

"How do you do?" My voice comes sounding fake and with the booming effect of volume I only have when I'm on the stage. To make things worse I'm entirely too animated.

A strange look splashes over James's face but then in a soft voice he says, "Hi Viv."