Bonus Chapter #4

Prince Hugo's perspective

It's been a month since Sophia and I were first betrothed. Everything is magical. I feel at peace knowing that one day I'll get to marry my best friend.

"Hugo where are we going?"Sofia's soft sweet and slightly annoyed voice interrupts my thoughts.

"You'll see when we get there."I leave my reply ambiguous. I'm rewarded with a grown from Sophia. I smile and try to contain my chuckle.

As the spot comes into view I draw a shaky breath suddenly very nervous. The butterflies in my stomach feel more like cement bricks. I take another breath trying to regain my confidence. This will either be very romantic or my plan will be the cheesiest thing on the planet. Either way, Sofia will still be my girlfriend so... I take a last deep breath before showing Sophia to a stone bench in a beautiful garden.

"Sophia we're engaged but you don't have a ring yet, so I wanted to fix that. Also with the royal procedure and signing the document, you won't have any memories of me proposing and that's a memory I'd like you to have.

I slide off the bench my black slacks sink into the green grass below me as I go down on one knee. I stare softly into Sophia's beautiful blue eyes. The strong caring girl in front of me is the one I love.

" Sophia, will you marry me?" I've never been so certain of anything. And even though I know she's already agreed to be my wife, I still feel nervous. it's silly, I know.

Only Sophia can elicit such emotion for me. I watch her huge smile spread across her face which turns into a laugh and then she starts to tear up. Her tears turned her eyes into sparkling blue crystals.

She nods yes. I jump from the ground and swing my arms around her in a passionate hug. We're both laughing and crying a little.

The hug goes long and when we finally pull apart we don't pull apart fully both of us are unready to let the moment go. I look into Sophia's eyes and noticed that she was staring at my lips. I feel my breath hitch but without hesitation, I kiss her. Our first kiss. It's short sweet and perfect. I break away breathless. Sophia extends her hand for me to place the beautiful ring upon it. I slide it on and smile at her.

She's my girl. She's my betrothed! Sophia is going to marry me!

At school Prince Hugo's perspective.

I hop out of my Carriage only to be ambushed by Sophia.

" Hugo!"

" Ga! Sofia you scared me."

" Not my intention. Come on." She pulls me off to the side of the building out of view of the other students. "I have a gift for you."

"Yeah?" I can feel my eyebrows raise. I know I'm wearing a bemused smirk.

Sophia hands me a navy blue jewelry bag. I flip it over and its contents tumble into my hand. A black ring with two silver lines that twist in and out from each other.

"Sofia it's beautiful. But why a ring?"

" I know, I know guys typically don't wear engagement rings but you gave me one it made me super happy I wanted to give you something and this was the only thing I could think of."

" It's perfect." I hug her. I feel her exhale against my chest and my stomach starts to flutter. 

"Where did you get it I've never seen anything like it.

"I made it. Merlin invited Mr. Cedric and me over for tea. And what do you know he has a wand that makes rings. He told me the spell and to think of exactly what I wanted and there you have it. "She extends her arms gesturing to the ring in my hands a huge smile on her face.

"Also using a different spell I infused it with a little bit of magic. One of the silver strands lights up blue whenever my amulet does." She held her amulet in in one hand and gestured to it with the other to accentuate her point.

"Sof that's amazing! We can go on all kinds of adventures together." 

"Exactly!"Her smile is so sweet I'm tempted to kiss her I know we agreed to no PD at school but we're not inside the building yet. I lean down and give her a quick peck.

Two weeks later. Hugo's perspective

I stand at my locker rummaging around trying to find the right book. When I close my locker door I am quite startled by Joffrey.

"Dude! Were you just crouching there waiting for me to close my door so you could scare me?"I aske indignantly already knowing the answer.

"Yes, that's exactly what I was doing."Joffrey stares blankly at me. I raised my fist to give him a friendly bonk on the Noggin when my eyes see a flash of red. I look over to see Sophia's ponytail swinging back and forth as she walks past us towards our next class. She looks back at me and smiles. I smile back.

" Dude. What's up with you and Sophia?"Joffrey stares as if he is a cat caught a mouse.

" Nothing," I lie. I start towards our next class with Jeffrey on my heels.

" It's obviously something I'm not stupid."Joffrey puts his elbow on my shoulder. Leaning into whisper.

" You don't have any proof." I elbow him in the side.

Ignoring me Joffrey wraps his arm tightly around my shoulders. As we walk down the hallway together. " You and Sophia have been giving each other longing glances for a very long time. Your parents suddenly became quite a bit more chummy. Don't think I didn't notice the last Royal event. Also the biggest clue of all, you started wearing a ring at the same time as Sophia. Joffrey grabs my hand pointing at the ring. " I have irrefutable evidence."

" Dude, when did you become a detective? Is this a side job or a full-time thing?" I say breaking away from his grip and holding the door for him.

" Oh, you think I can make a career out of it?"

"Yeah, sure whatever floats your boat."

" listen chap I'm not actually a great detective you and your girlfriend your just rather obvious." He clapped me on the shoulder before going to his own seat.