Bonus #6

Prince Hugo's perspective

I glanced down at my glowing ring I need to get Sophia and me out of here. Then like lightning, a genius idea strikes.

"Miss Martin. Coach needs Sophia and me for practice. We have that tournament coming up." Partially true coach did want Sophia and me to practice more. We did have a tournament coming up.

"Okay just don't make this a common occurrence and make sure to read through chapter 5."Miss Martin begrudgingly dismisses us.

" Thank you very much." I quietly collect my books and exit into the hallway. Sofia is close behind and I grin at her wildly.

"You're a genius." The praise makes me feel warm inside. And I'm excited at the prospect of Adventure.

" So where we headed."

" Immediate destination secret library. From there I got no clue."

" Quick question Where is the secret library? And how are we going to get there?"

"My amulet usually summons Minimus to take me where I need to go."Sophia shrugs as if she's never really thought about that before.

"Okay? What about me? How am I going to get there?"A genuine question and I don't really think she thought it through.

" Valid. Do you think you could sneak into the stable and get Electra?"A little bit of uncharacteristic missed your Center Sophia size as she suggests me stealing my own horse.

" You Can Count On Me Princess." I make a heroic pose that only makes Sophia's eye roll and laugh. I ignore the eye roll and enjoy her laughter.

"I'll wait for you on the front steps."Sophia turns on her heel and flips her ponytail.

" Okay wish me luck." Not that I'll need it. I sneak away to the stables to hopefully not get caught taking my horse and skipping school.

If you want Prince Hugo to get caught continue reading If not go to bonus chapter 7.

I open the stable door slowly the warm smell of hay and unfortunately manure assault my nose. The Familiar smell does not take off my Edge. I creep into the stable slowly setting my toe down first. I make it all the way to Elektra's stall. My horse starts prancing around when she sees me. Sometimes in between periods, I sneak away to give her treats. I know I shouldn't. She's on a diet after all, but I think she works hard and deserves a treat every now and then.

As Strange as it is I motion to my horse to quiet down. She's already in full Tac because the next hour is Flying Derby. I slide my hands across the latch and pull open the wooden gate. The gate makes a horrible squeaking noise and I internally kick myself for not Oiling it earlier. I look around hoping but nobody heard.

I scan the room once more just to be sure but thankfully I don't see anybody.

" Come on girl. I take her rains and unquestioningly my steed follows me."

I walk slowly and try and lead Electra on the least creaky floorboards. We make it all the way out of the barn before I can breathe a sigh of relief.

" Prince Hugo! What are you doing here!" My back stiffens and I whirl around fearing the worst. Coach is standing there with his arms crossed. He is wearing a black and white suit and a whistle is hung around his neck

" Trying to get out of class? Hmm?" There's an accusatory note in his voice which unfortunately his accusation is correct. But his disapproving look is What Hurts the Most. It got to get out of this situation though. So I say the first thing that comes to my mind.

"No sir just try to get some extra practice in."I flashed him my signature smile with all the confidence I can muster.

He claps me on the shoulder."Excellent I have some new drills for you to try without your horse. I recently read something about how if your arms are stronger the slingshot move will work better. So we're going to do it. Upper body workout. We might as well throw in some legs and cardio just because we can."

This is the only time my confidence has gotten me in trouble.

Why did I tell Coach the same lie I told Miss Martin? Now I'll be locked in training and I won't be able to go help Sofia. Well, at least I got her out of class.

This path has failed. Go back and try a different way. You might have more luck ;)