Bonus #3

Ice dancing Sophia's perspective

Hugo and I Glide onto the ice we dance as effortlessly as swans. Hugo more than me. This time is different from all of our other practices. Don't get me wrong practices are fun but during school, we are training to get better this, right now, is just goofing off with my best friend.

" I triple dog dare you to Fireball flip up to the kitchen window and scare some kitchen Maids," Hugo says playfully.

"Hugo I don't think that's nice."

" What? Don't think you can jump that high."

All too soon it's time for Hugo to go. He winks as he climbs into his carriage, As the horses start taking off he waves back to me ecstatically and yells see you tomorrow Sof! there's such excitement in his eyes I can't help but giggle as I wave back.

Sunday afternoon Hugo's respective.

"Hugo can you hand me that," Sofia says pointing at 2 a turnip. I do and our hands brush. I feel an instant warmth come into my cheeks and my hand tingles where she touched me. I watch as she cuts the turnip into slices. She picks through all the slices finding the ones that are most similar in size.

" Okay, it's time for The spell. Do you know what page it is on?"

"92 I believe" Sophia answers.

Together we lift our wands and say the spell. The turnip pieces float into the air and after a Golden Glow on a few Sparks wooden wheels are in their place. With a quick flick of our wands, they attached to the carriage.

" Want to test it out?"Sophia stares at me with a mischievous glint in her eye

" Yes!"I follow Sofia out into the corner but I'm confused when she continues walking. I follow confused.

" Sofia why are we outside instead of in one of the castle corridors? Wouldn't it be easier to test it there?"

"Trust me."Sophia winks at me.

"Oh, wee Sprites" Sophia calls, and out of nowhere 3 tiny people appear on a hydrangea in front of us.

" Hi, Sophia come to play with us again?" A blond tiny girl asks.

" Actually I've come to ask a favor. You see Hugo and I built this carriage and we would love it if some tiny people tested it out."

" But Sophia can't you shrink down to be small?" The tiny boy with the black hair asks.

" I can but I don't know how to drive a carriage." Sofia huffs and blows at her bangs as if the fact that she doesn't know how to drive frustrates her.

" Sofia you and your friend can ride in the backseat." the wee Sprite with the black hair says

" good idea!" she answers.

" Hugo hold my hand." Sofia orders.

" I have nothing against that but the way you're looking at me is kind of scary.

"You'll see this will be fun."Sophia's adorable cinnamon Freckle smile hits me. I swallow. With my heart beating fast I reach out and take my girlfriend's hand.

Sophia's eyes flutter closed and the hand that is currently not in mine reaches up and clasps her amulet."I wish to be small." Sofia Whispers.

"What the H***!We shrank! The trees are huge! Is this permanent? Why are you laughing at me? This is serious our bodies shrank!"

"I wish to be big again," Sophia says through giggles.

Once I catch my breath I say "so you can control it?"

"Yes. You want to go for a carriage ride?"Sofia's eyes glint with adventure and shine with mischief."

" Sophia you're quite the adventure," I say as I retake her hand.

One quick shrinking later and Sophia and I are sitting in the back seat of the vegetable carriage we created for magicology class.

"Here we go!" the blond wee Sprite yells. Sophie and I are holding onto each other screaming as the carriage crashes through the palace garden turned jungle. The blond wee sprite is a maniac driver.

" We need this in one piece to get credit!" I yell as the blonde wee sprite turns violently just before we crash into the garden wall.

"Oh, thank goodness we're still alive!" Sophia says. Her words are followed by a clap of thunder. Rain pours down and in our tiny size, the large raindrops soak us.

The wheels spin out on the puddles of rain and we wipe out.

I help Sophia up and she laughs her dress and hair soaked through. somehow even soaking wet and disheveled she looks gorgeous. I have the urge to kiss her but I don't.

" You ready to go inside? Sophia says as she attempts to wipe off her skirt which is pointless."

"Yeah, I could use a warm blanket and some hot apple cider."

" That sounds fun can we come to?" the wee sprite with black hair says.

"There's no chance of that happening." Sofia takes my hand. Moments later we're back to our normal size and Sophiadips down and takes our school project up in her arms. 

When we walk into the Great Hall bedraggled and soaking wet Bailiwick about has a heart attack. He orders us to the family room and settles us down by the warm fire and mugs of apple cider aren't far behind.

"Well, Sophia there certainly is never a dull moment with you."

"As long as that's a good thing?"

"A very good thing I reach out and take her hand.

"Hey, do you want to go back to my room?"

" Sure."

" There's just more privacy there," she explains.

I follow Sofia back to her room and watch as she settles herself on her window seat. Nestled against the windowpane she watches the rain fall. She draws her knees up to her chest and takes a sip of her hot apple cider. Her auburn hair still wet tumbles over her s shoulders. I feel a strange sensation take over me while I stare at her. I sit down on her window seat to face her.

" Sophia"

" Yeah?" her blue eyes lock on my green ones. Suddenly it becomes very hard to breathe.

"I'm glad we're betrothed."

"Me too."