chapter 15

The pool party Sophia's perspective.

When our Carriage lands, James immediately hops out Amber takes a more leisurely pace towards the door. I follow Amber out of the carriage and towards the grand entrance of the palace.

The Palace of Corinthia has large arching white columns that support a circular dome. it really is beautiful. But nothing like Enchancia Castle we are greeted at the door by the castle Steward who shows us to the pool. The tiling is beautiful and has a pattern of water lilies. James immediately cannonballs into the deep end but I make my way over to Vivian.

Vivian is standing by the snack table picking up a fruit cocktail drink of some kind. Her swimsuit is a one-piece v-neck. She has matching swim shorts over it. Her swimsuit is peach pink and has some black butterfly detailing. She looks so cute.

" Hello, Vivian."

"Sophia."Vivian turns and smiles at me handing me a drink.

"Your swimsuit is so cute Vivian."

"Thank you."Vivian looks down smiling bashfully at herself. "Say, Sophia, I couldn't find you after I danced with James. Where'd you go?"

" Oh well, I took Hugo out into the garden. While we were there he asked me to marry him." And then we were interrupted by my magic amulet sending us on a quest, to convince my friend's parents to let her marry the love of her life. I didn't tell Vivian that part.

Vivian threw her arms around me."Oh Sophia I'm so happy for you! Can I see the ring?"

"Thank you so much, Vivian. But I actually didn't bring it. I didn't want to lose it in the pool."I laughed.

We hear intense splashing and a cacophony of laughter.

" Let's go see what's going on," Vivian suggests as she gestures that we move closer to the water.

" Okay." I follow her to watch the boys be idiots.

I stand there laughing with Vivian for a time when all of a sudden I get knocked off my feet and into the pool. I scream just before water closes over my head. Someone's arms are around me. when we go up for air I see Hugo's messy black hair and mischievous green eyes. I splash him straight in his laughing face. His expression makes me laugh. We dissolve into a water fight full of laughter.

I feel my enchantment start to vibrate so I duck under the water. Krista's face appears in my enchantment and I hear her distorted voice through the water.

"Sophia we have a problem come quick"

I turn around and climb out of the pool as fast as I can. Then realizing everyone was looking at me I nonchalantly walk over to my towel.

I turned to go but someone grabs my hand. I looked back to see Hugo.

" Sofe, you're not mad at me are you?"

"No. I was having a lot of fun actually. But I have a protector situation I have to go."

"Let me come too. I can help."

"Hugo, it might be dangerous."

"All the more reason for me to come. And you have to admit I was really helpful on your last Story keeping mission. Convincing Penelope's parents to Let her marry Horace was not easy. But I was helpful."

"You're right Hugo. I couldn't have done it without you. Your idea to ask the witch to turn her parents into ogres for a day was ingenious. I never thought of that."I nod my head slowly.

Hugo still hasn't let go of my hand. His green eyes intensely fixed upon mine. He is determined not to let me leave this place without him.

"Great it's settled. I'm coming."His voice is His voice is firm. He starts quickly moving towards the door pulling me along with him.