chapter 5

Amber's perspective.

I notice Jeanette the chambermaid by the wall. So I call her over.

" Jeanette, could you move 5 mattresses into my bedroom and 3 into James's".

"Of course my lady."

"Thank you, Jeanette."

I turn away from Jeanette and walk away. Everyone follows me out of the dining hall and into the garden. As I push open the door to the garden, a gust of cold wind finds its way into my lungs. It's crisp and makes my whole body feel alive. My eyes take in the sight of the bright fall colors. The stars are just starting to come out.

I lead everyone over the footbridge past the training course and toward the dazzle ball field.

A short while later everyone emerges from the locker rooms. Except Hildy and Cleo aren't wearing the uniforms. All the uniforms look the same. White jerseys and blue shorts.

" I will be referee and Sofia and Hugo will be team captains. That all right with everyone?"Since the first game I've coached, I learned a lot about dazzle ball rules.

"Yeah," Izza spoke tying her hair back.

"Sounds fine to me."Hildegard Strutted over to my side. "But is it okay if I sit this one out?"

"Of course Hilde."

"Me too."Cleo joined us.

I throw my hands up in the air and shout, "Team captains choose your teammates."

Sophia points at James."James."

Hugo Points to Zandar"Zandar."

Sofia points to Elena. "Elena."

Hugo points to Vivian."Vivian."

Sofia points to Desmond."Des."

"All right." Hugo high-fives Izza.

The teams make their way to opposite sides of the field. " Play ball," I shout.

The game is close. Sofia and Hugo are practically carrying their teams. Elena, Izza, and Vivian aren't doing terrible. Especially since this is their first time playing. James and Zandar each score a few points.

Hugo is about to score the winning goal. He winds up for a kick. The ball goes flying towards the net. Sophia jumps to catch it. She grabs it mid-air pulling it to her stomach. The ball changes from a soccer ball to a frisbee.

"Whow. Go Sophia!"Hildegard cheers.

Sofia sidesteps Hugo. She passes it to James. He tries to pass it across the field to Elena but Vivian intercepts. In her hands, the ball changes to a football. Zandar tries to steal the ball from Vivian but Desmond blocks him.

" Go, Des!"I jump up and down and clap my hands. That was such a great block.

Vivian is running down the field. She winds up for a shot at the goal but the ball changes into a soccer ball. The ball falls out of her hands. She turns around and catches the ball midair. Then she quickly pivots to face the goal.

James takes the opportunity to sneak up on her. He runs around behind her, taps her on the shoulder, then steps in front of her and grabs the ball right from her hands.

He runs down to the other end of the field. He sends the ball rocketing through the air. Izza jumps trying to stop it. But the ball goes in. And Izza falls to the ground landing on her hip.

"James shot the winning goal. Sophia's team wins."I shout. I'm happy they won.

Sofia and Elena go wild. They scream and hug each other. Desmond just smiles. I look over to see James helping Izza up out of the dirt.

The two teams line up and high-five each other.

"Come on, let's go inside. I asked the kitchen staff to prepare cookies and tea."

James and Zander rehash the entire game as we make our way back to the games room.

Hugo stops on the footbridge."You know you just got lucky." He leans down to face Sophia. He's smiling and it's clear he's joking.

"In your dreams." Sofia pushes Hugo's chest, making him stumble backward. Then she bolts off running around the corner, her shoes making a scuffing sound against the stone pavement. Hugo laughs and chases after her.

"They are so cute."Vivian has her hands clasped against her cheek watching Prince Hugo run after her friend.

"Agreed."Princess Cleo and Hildegard say at the same time.

"Jinx." They crossed pinkies.

"I've shipped them ever since the Ice dancing recital," Elena says flatly.

Hugo's perspective. The Dazzle ball game.

I line up an awesome kick and send the ball flying. Time seems to slow down. I see Sophia jump. The auburn curls of her ponytail fly through the air. She catches the ball square between her hands and she's smirking at me. Time speeds up again as she throws the ball to James. That girl is a force to be reckoned with. She's also very athletic, and unfortunately for me, distractingly beautiful.

The Dazzle ballgame James perspective.

While Vivian is distracted, I come in through her blind side. I don't want to outright take the ball from her like I would one of the guys. So I tap her on the shoulder to distract her and sneakily swipe the ball. I look back for a moment to see her puzzled face. Her eyebrows scrunch momentarily. Recognition dawns on her face when she sees me. I would expect her to be angry but she's laughing. She has a nice laugh.

Before I know it my next obstacle is Isabel. This shot will win the game so I can't go easy on her. I send the ball flying into the net. I hear cheers of victory behind me. But I'm kind of concerned that Isabel might have hurt herself.

Currently, her brown hair is hiding her grease-smudged face and her blue shorts is are full of dirt from her fall. But when I extend my hand to her and she smiles at me I can't help but think how pretty she is. Those brown adventurous eyes and that mischievous smile. She takes my hand and then brushes off her shorts.

"Good as new."She smiles at me.

Sorry for the delay guys. I'm working a lot of the other parts right now as well as some digital art to go along with it. Thank you so much for being patient.