Coming Home- Scarlett Johanss...

By IamBi-As

Archer Wolf Jackman, AJ, has never really had a home to go back to. She has grown up bouncing from one milita... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 35
Other Books

Part 34

3.1K 124 233
By IamBi-As

Archer's POV

"-and this is the pool, there is a restroom through there that doubles as a changing room sort of thing. Plus next to that is a steam room. The pool is heated and is twenty by forty so nice and big for Miss AJ to swim her laps whenever she likes" Beth, the lady Mama said was a realtor, said as she pointed at different things around the room. We are still at the first house and as nice as it is, which is super nice, I just don't think I like it. In all honesty, I still don't really understand why we are house hunting, I like Mama's apartment, but she said I deserved a real home. Why doesn't she understand that she is my home? I have never stayed anywhere longer than six months, home is not a concept of a location, somewhere to sleep. For me home has always been a person, and it used to be Daddy. I used to spend all my time away from home and didn't mind because I was used to it. Now the idea of being away from home terrifies me. I never want to be away from Mama ever.

"Yo, AJ, are you listening to me?" Hunter asked, his hand waving in front of my face but not touching me, guess he learnt his lesson last night. Either that or he is too exhausted from our workout this morning to lift his arms, which is a real possibility, I don't think he was prepared for how much I do. Either way, I slap his hand away from my face as I turn away from the pool, which I had apparently been staring at, to look at him. "What?" I ask, blinking slightly to focus back on everything else. I am trying my best to not be a twitching mess right now, not wanting Beth to judge me or to reflect badly on Mama, and a result of that is my thoughts are moving at a billion miles an hour. "Hey, Archer?" Mama buts in, holding her hand out for me which I happily ran towards.

As soon as our hands met Mama pulled me into a tight hug, her spare hand pushing some of my hair out of my face "I don't think this is the one, do you?" She asked quietly, making me hum in agreement. I'm glad she didn't like this one because I don't really want to tell her I dislike one in case she does like it. If Mama likes one I am positive I will love it. "How about we go and look at the next place and then we can get some lunch?" Mama offered, making me hum again as I keep my face buried into Mama's stomach. She is always so calm and I could really use some calm right now. "Come on then, let's go. The next place is about ten minutes away, how about you and I walk there and Hunter can drive the car around? That way we can walk some energy off just us two. I missed working out with you this morning so this can make up for that, huh?" She offers, tilting my head up slightly so that I am now looking up at her, a calming smile painted on her lips as I nod in agreement. "Hunter, can you drive Beth in my car to the next place? Archer and I will meet you there" Mama yelled, throwing her keys at Hunter with a laugh before leading me out of the house and down the street.

It's a nice day here in New York, Mama had warned me that it might be cold and rainy, which is nothing new after spending time in England, but it's actually pretty warm. I like the warmth, it feels familiar, since most of the bases, bar England obviously, were warm. "Archer, can you stick this cap on please?" Mama asked, pulling a hat from her bag, I wonder what else she has in there. "No thanks" I mumble back, more interested in the Leonberger up ahead. It is massive and super fluffy and I bet it would feel really nice to cuddle with. I love dogs. When we were in Hati Tiger used to let me hang out with the dog handlers sometimes and they used to let me help train the dogs from time to time as long as I focused and listened to all the orders I was given. That was one of my favourite bases. "Yes please, it is sunny out and I don't want you to get sunstroke, plus now that Antman is out people know who you are and I know you would not like to be surrounded by paparazzi right now. So please put it on, look I have mine on" Mama tried again, slipping the black cap on my head despite me shaking my head in protest. "See, all better and nothing bad happened" Mama teased, pulling the front of my cap down slightly as she made a funny face at me, making me laugh despite being unhappy about the hat now on my head.

"Would you like to read the signs while we walk or read your book before bed?" Mama asked as we continue to walk towards this next house, her hand holding mine tightly after I ran off to pet the dog earlier and got in trouble. Apparently, it is dangerous to run off and I now have to hold an adult's hand while walking around. I didn't have the heart to comment that I have been through things a lot more dangerous than walking down the road alone or that I can protect myself from any and all dangers, so now I am holding Mama's hand while I skip beside her, not that I mind. "Uncle Hunter told me that you used to rip the pages out of your books when you were little and that you used to make him help you" was my reply, I mean after hearing that story I think she should understand my dislike for reading and maybe she will stop making me do it. 

Mama stopped walking at my words and shot me a look that I know means Hunter is in trouble when we get to the next place, "he said what?" She asked nervously, continuing to walk so that I was forced to look forward rather than her, as she rubbed her forehead nervously. "He said you use to get him to grab your Mums books off of the top shelf and then you would rip the pages out of them. Can I do that to my books Mama? They're stupid" I huff, looking up at her as she shakes her head. I can faintly make out her muttering something along the lines of "I'm gonna kill Hunter" under her breath. "That was naughty of me to do baby, you know that. I know reading is frustrating and can be difficult for you but we are working hard and you are making so much, progress baby. Tell you what why don't we have a break from learning while we have time off from filming and then we can continue learning then, I know you like learning to read with Lizzie more than with me" Mama says, making me jump excitedly at the offer of not being forced to read for the next week and a bit. "But" Mama interpreted my celebration, her tone letting me know there were conditions, making me groan. "But, when we go out for dinner you have to try and read the menu yourself and at bedtime, you have to read along with me as I read to you" she offers, making me groan but agree, any excuse to not read and I am here for it.

The next house was a bust, in all honesty, I don't know why Beth even showed it to us. As a result of not liking the house, I decided to have some fun while Mama followed Beth around on the tour. "Hunter" I whisper, tugging his hand as we trail behind Mama and Beth, who is still trying to sell us on this place, even though it is clear none of us like this place. "AJ" Hunter whispered back in the same tone, making me grin "I'm bored" I complain. I would tell Mama but she is clearly trying her best to listen to Beth prattle on, plus Hunter is fun. "Want to ditch them and play hide and seek?" He offers, just making my grin grow as I nod excitedly. "You do know you stand no chance though" I gloat, knowing how easy this is going to be. I mean not only am I trained for stuff like this but Hunter does not seem like he is exactly a tracking expert. 

Hunter just scoffs as we turn to go back downstairs leading me to the kitchen so we can start. "Right rules, don't leave the house and um, yeah that is about it. If your mother starts yelling the game is over and you need to fend for yourself because she probably won't be amused. Rock paper scissors for who hides first?" Hunter offers, making me grin and nod, already knowing that when Mama catches on Hunter is undoubtedly going to be the one who gets in trouble. Mama hasn't told me off since we met and I highly doubt today will be the day she starts. Not that I ever do anything all that naughty, I just tend to be too cute when I get caught or I don't get caught. "On shoot?" I check, getting a nod in return before we both start. "Rock, paper, scissors, shoot" we both cheer, Hunter cheering when his paper covers my rock. What a rookie. I let him win so I can get finding him over and done with before he has to try and find me. Emphasis on the try part because he won't find me. "How long do you need Hunter? Is thirty seconds long enough or do you need a hundred?" I ask tauntingly, earning a groan as he starts to back out of the room. "Just count to twenty like a normal person and then come find me, don't yell ready or not or you will get us caught," he tells me before he runs off, not giving me time to reply making me shake my head as I chuckle.

I give Hunter double the time he asked for, figuring he needs it, before walking out. Hunter is scared of Mama, that much is clear so I figured he would avoid upstairs at all costs. Now there aren't that many places to hide down here but there are lots of rooms, I think that is what is wrong with this place. There are so many walls between everything and the decorations from room to room don't match. Anyway, I know Hunter isn't in the kitchen, he is way too chicken to loop around and hide where I was, we both know I would catch him doing that. The dining room is right next to me so I figured that's out of the question, which leaves the living room a bathroom and an office down here. Now the living room has the most hiding spaces but the office is the furthest from the kitchen so it is just a matter of which he would pick. Easier hiding or further from me. Office it is. 

He didn't exactly make my life hard, he is literally hiding under the desk I mean come on dude, way to be easy. "You suck at this" I grumble, looking down at him as I stand behind the desk. Hunter must not have noticed me coming into the office because, at the sound of my voice, he jumps, knocking his head on the desk, making me laugh as he groans slightly. "Ouch," Hunter grumbles, sliding out from under the desk. "How did you find me? It hasn't even been a minute?" He groans, making me laugh. "You don't want to get caught by Mama so that rules out going upstairs and you know I am good at finding things so you naturally hid the furthest away from me as possible, this room" I explain as if it was obvious, which it was. "That is not far, you are like psychic or something because that was not normal" he grumbles, making me chuckle as he pouts at me, yeah that is not going to work on me. "Tell you what you only have to count to ten for me" I agree, already knowing where I am going to hide" I offer, laughing as he starts to count immediately.

Running quickly and quietly I make it upstairs, tiptoeing past the room Mama and Beth are in, a room she is claiming could be used as a gym. Yeah right lady, a gym should definitely not be on the second floor. Anyway, already hearing Hunter move around downstairs I move past them, heading to the airing cupboard. Who even knows if Hunter knows what this is? Plus it is hot and cramped and I am small enough to slip behind the water tank so that when the door opens I can't be seen unless you are really looking for me.

Ok, so I have hidden too well and now I am bored, so naturally, I slipped on the headphones Mama gave me earlier and stuck on some Taylor Swift, because, well I don't need to justify myself she is incredible. I could honestly spend all day in here, I mean I have hidden in spots a lot tighter, a lot darker and a lot warmer than where I am right now so this is nothing extreme for me. I wonder how long Hunter will look for me before chickening out and telling Mama he lost me. I hope she finds me before telling him off because I would love to watch, I think it would be really funny to watch. 

So I may or may not have fallen asleep. But in my defence I am jetlagged, plus it is warm and dark in here so it is just begging me to fall asleep. Because of this minor detail and the headphones that are currently blasting Fearless TV, fifteen to be precise, I probably missed when the yelling started. Or at least I assume I did because when the door to the cupboard opened Mama did not look impressed, in fact, she looked even more unimpressed when I poked my head out and accidentally scared her. I promise it was an accident. I would have much rather scared Hunter. "Archer, don't scare me like that" Mama complained, holding her hands out for me to cuddle into her. Something tells me she means more than just hiding in the house. "We have been yelling for you for the last ten minutes, Hunter said you have been hiding for like half an hour, did you not get bored?" Mama asked, making me shrug while I cuddle into her front. In all honesty, I am still sleepy and I would very much like to just cuddle with Mama right now and nap. Shopping for houses is boring. "Fell asleep, sorry Mama" I mumbled, not moving my face from her as I continue to cuddle into her. "Still sleepy huh?" She asks, her voice becoming soft now that she is clearly more relaxed since I'm no longer missing. I just nod, maybe we can go back to the flat and cuddle for the rest of the day, that seems like a lot more fun.

"AJ" A voice shouts, making me jump slightly until I recognise it as Hunter, who comes bounding up the stairs, "Ah Scar found you great, I was starting to think I was about to be killed for losing you" he mumbled as he approached us, making me laugh as I finally moved away from Mama, who does not look pleased with Hunter. "Don't worry, you are still in trouble. Not only did you lose her for half an hour, you told her the story about me and books" Mama complained, making Hunter sigh in defeat. "You really do suck at hide and seek" I complain, tired of Mama and Hunter glaring at each other, or more specifically Mama glaring at Hunter and Hunter trying to avoid her gaze. "Yeah yeah, you are the champion" he concedes making me smile before turning to Mama. "Please don't be too harsh on Hunter, he was just trying to entertain me I was bored and you were listening to Beth. I don't like this place by the way" I tell Mama, who just shakes her head at me with a smile. "He is still in trouble but good job at trying to protect that numpty. I know you don't like the house, I don't either so why don't we go to one more house and then get lunch, we were quicker at the first house than expected so it's still early" Mama offers, making me huff but nod. This is really not that fun.

I take it back. This is so much fun. This house is awesome. Unlike the last place, this one has a much more open layout, with the kitchen and living room making up one space. The kitchen is fantastic, with an island in the middle as well as a breakfast nook it is unlike anything I have ever seen before. There is a bathroom and an office on this floor too. Upstairs there are five bedrooms, which seems a little excessive but Mama mentioned that we could turn one into my own office so that I had somewhere to do school while we are home or somewhere to learn scripts. Then there was Mama's bedroom which had a massive ensuite and walk-in wardrobe attached. What I wasn't expecting was for the room Mama said would be mine to have the same. Honestly, the bathroom in this house is bigger than most of the rooms I had while on base, it was awesome. My favourite part was the basement though, which had two rooms. One was a fully furnished cinema room, and the other was currently staged like a games room, which honestly looked like so much fun. Safe to say Hunter and I stayed in that room for awhile while Mama and Beth chatted about some other features the house had, the boring stuff like how big it is and how far away the nearest school is. Not that I am ever going to one.

If all that wasn't enough it also has a massive back garden, with a huge pool, and it even has a slide. There is also a pool house which could totally be turned into a gym according to Hunter, which I like the sound of. It was all unreal. This place is awesome. Not to mention Hunter said that this house is actually closer to him than the apartment is, which would make it easier to see him while we are home. Safe to say this place is hands down the best we have seen today. Just like she has the last two times Beth finished up talking about something before saying she was going to give us a minute to talk. "Scar this place is awesome, please tell me you are getting it," Hunter asked, jumping around like a little kid, making me giggle. "Well, that is up to Archer, as I said she gets to pick" Mama replied with a shrug, although I could tell by her smile and the way her eyes were shining that she loved this place just as much as I do. "Do you like this house, Mama? Is it near places you like to go while home? How far is it from the Outset?" I check, not wanting to ask for this place if it was going to be inconvenient for her. "We are actually closer to the office here than the flat, but even so, if you like this place that is all that matters baby" Mama explained moving to sit down on a bench by the pool, me joining her immediately.

"I love it here" I confess after a second, watching as Mama grins. "Perfect, I'll tell Beth and she can get it all sorted. By the time we are back from LA, we will officially have a home together" Mama cheered with a smile, moving to go find Beth as she pulls my wrist gently for me to follow her. "This was my favourite that Beth sent me the links to, I knew it would be yours too" Mama explained with a smile as we entered the kitchen, where Beth was waiting for us. "We'll take it, do whatever you need to do to get us the place. We would like to be fully moved in in three months so we will do whatever it takes to get that sorted please" Mama tells Beth who is grinning happily. 

I guess this is the start of me really being with Mama. This isn't just Mama watching me on set and making sure I'm ok anymore, this is her committing to taking care of me forever, which I know she did months ago but this makes it feel real. I miss Daddy and the team. I miss the base and the constant routine. But I think I would miss Mama more than I miss any of that. Is that bad to say? I will always love Daddy and the team, but they were always gone, and now they will always be gone. What if Daddy is mad that I am moving on with my life? No, he wanted me to be with Scarlett, he told me so in the letter he left me. Lizzie helped me read it just before we left Atlanta. So I think he would be happy that I am moving in with Scarlett, that I am finally getting my own bedroom. 

Before I could get any more caught up in my thoughts Mama was picking me up, hugging me tightly as she cheered. "Come on, we can get some lunch with Hunter before we go back to the apparent. I was thinking we could make a mood board for your new room so that it is all set up for you when we move in" Mama offers, walking us to the car as she speaks. 

Everything is going to turn out fine, as long as Mama is always around to hug me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 187 22
Noura Naomi Carey, this is her story. Her life is a literal roller coaster. From walking in the New York streets, to walking in the Outset Office. Al...
342K 9.2K 52
What happens when Y/n, a 14 year old orphan meets a famous actress at the store? Y/n has lived at an orphanage for most of her life, because her pare...
99.5K 3.4K 105
You never got on with you're family. And when you started to get famous at a young age they tried to use you. You've tried not to associate with any...
102K 1.6K 123
Scarlett and chris have a drunken one nighter with twins as outcome. They try their best to take care of them but make the impossible choice to give...