WEAPON OF GOD :: Mahabharat

Od Nohara_legacy

Evi, a Human experiment of the 21st century, the finest weapon of mass destruction, finds herself in an unfat... Viac

A/N: DISCLAIMER
~PROLOGUE~
CH.1. DAMAGED HUMAN
CH.2. D-EVI-KA?
CH.3. TERMS OF LIVING
CH.4. SCATTERED THOUGHTS
CH.5. KIDNAPPED
CH.6. DEMON'S LAIR
CH.7. LEADER OF A TRIBE?
CH.8. BOND
(DON'T SKIP) A/N: CHARACTER INFLUENCE
CH.9. KRISHNA
CH.10. INFAMOUS TRIO
CH.11. FIANCEÉ
CH.12. CURSE
CH.13. REN
CH.14. PANCHAL
CH.15. SIBLINGS
CH.16. COURT
CH.17. DISPOSABLE
CH.18. DEALS AND DEVILS
CH.19. RIFT
CH.20. RULES
CH.21. BOW TO THE BOW
CH.22. DEAL BREAKER
CH.23. DILEMMA
CH.24. KNOT
CH.25. RELINQUISH
CH.26. BHISHMA
CH.27. WEDDING
CH.28. BLAME
CH.29. IMMUNITY
CH.30. DINNER TABLE
CH.31. SHAME
CH.32. DIVISION
CH.33. HUMAN-NESS
CH.34. RIGHT TO DIE
CH.35. ILLUSION
CH.36. DESTINY DESTRUCTION
CH.37. OTHER WORLD
CH.38. AGNI PARIKSHA
A/N: 10K views and 1K votes !!
CH.39. BEHIND THE SCENES
CH.40. DECISIONS OF THE HEART
CH.41. BELONGING SIDES
CH.42. RECONCILLATION
CH.43. FAULTY ADJUSTMENTS
CH.44. FAMILY
CH.45. SACRIFICES
CH.46. 5 DAYS
CH.47. ATTRACTION TO DESTRUCTION
CH.48. BETRAYAL
CH.49. TRAITOR
CH.50. BROKEN BONDS
CH.51. FIVE FOR FIVE
CH.52. GUILT
CH.53. PROMISES
CH.54. THE COST OF HAPPINESS
CH.55. PATH OF SOLITUDE
CH.56. MISUNDERSTANDINGS
CH.58. HRIDAY
CH.59. MY OTHER HALF
CH.60. DISOBEDIENCE
CH.61. SAVIOUR
CH.62. WEAPON OF THE WEAK
CH.63. JUSTICE
CH.64. MIND AND SOUL
CH.65. YOURS, REN
CH.66. WORLD OF GODS
CH.67. TIME FLIES BY
CH.68. MEETING THE FUTURE
CH.69. MOVING FORWARD
CH.70. PREMEDITATED
CH.71. SLEEP FOR YEARS
CH.72. WAKING INTO KALYUG
CH.73. HOMECOMING
~EPILOGUE~
A/N: THANK YOU
A/N: TIME LINE OF EVI
GLIMPSE OF RUDRA & SHIVI

CH.57. GAMBLE

446 34 30
Od Nohara_legacy

"

A meeting?" Duryodhan asked the Sindh officials, " why does your King want a meeting when there's just two months left for the wedding?"

" Its nothing much, he just wants to have a pre-ceremony" the official laughed, " Sindhuraj loves to celebrate such things. He says that before the engagement ceremony, he would love to meet and greet your family"

" Well..." Dhritarashtra scratched his beard, " I don't see any problem"

" He wants to meet the Pandavas too Pitashree" Duryodhan said, " I don't understand why he wants to do so"

" Sindhuraj has heard about the new Kingdom of Pandavas.... Indraprastha. How they have saved the ecosystem and yet managed to layout a beautiful settlement. He is also a Kuru isn't he? Sindhuraj wants to meet the whole family of his future bride"

" And why will Jarasandha be there?" Duryodhan asked.

" He is still under a contract with him, Yuvraj" the official said, " but don't worry, after the wedding, our allegiance will be with Hastinapur"

---

"Is it necessary to attend the ceremony?" Shikhandini said to her husband, " I think this is a ploy"

" We haven't seen our sister in months Dini" Yudhisthir replied, " it won't be a surprise if we aren't even invited to her wedding. This may be the last time we can meet"

" JYESTH!" Arjun barged through the door, " Ah sorry Bhabhishree, I didn't know you were in here"

"Arjun how many times have I told you not to barge in like this?" Yudhisthir scolded his brother.

" No no, don't scold him Arya, its fine. I was just leaving. You two can talk.... but I do hope you put a bit more thought on the visit to Sindh"

" Oh, I actually came to talk about that-" Arjun interrupted, " I won't be going with you all"

" What?" Yudhishthir questioned, " why?"

" I got a letter from Baldau, Jyesth... he has asked me to come to Dwarka this instant"

" Can't you go after we visit Sindh?... I think we all should meet Dusshala atleast once before her wedding"

" Baldau's letter seems urgent Jyesth" Arjun forwarded the letter to Shikhandini.

" It does" Shikhandini replied after scanning the letter, " I think we will need to make changes according to this"

" hmm.." Yudhishtir scratched his chin, " if you don't come with us..... do you think it will reduce our security?"

" It certainly will" Shikhandini and Arjun replied in unison.

" Ugh.... I thought we all can go together" Yudhisthir sighed, " I was already going to make Bheem stay back... but if you're not going.... then he will have to accompany us"

" Make Nakul stay back, his work with the relocation of the demons isn't over yet" Shikhandini reminded Yudhishthir, " Sahadev will want to meet Dusshala the most. I don't think leaving him behind would be good"

" I will try to join you all in Sindh directly if possible... the visit is in two weeks right? I can probably make it in the last moment" Arjun spoke, " Hopefully I can finish my task at Dwarka in the week"

" Nakul would be pissed" Yudhisthir sighed.

" I will talk to him" Shikhandini consoled Yudhisthir as she and Arjun left for their designated assignment.

---

" I will be leaving tomorrow" Dusshala said, " I will head for Hastinapur and then from there we will leave for Sindh"

" What's with this 'pre-ceremony'?" Draupadi asked, " sounds lame"

" sounds suspicious" Dusshala replied, " I heard Jarasandha will be there"

" The king you made fall into a pit? That won't be good"

" I know..." Dusshala sighed, " The wedding is in two months.... I don't know what I am supposed to do"

" Don't go.... its been just a few weeks since you got here.... Stay for those two months....please! I am so bored"

" Where is Angraj? I haven't seen him in this palace yet"

" Anga is the busy but remote capital" Draupadi replied, " he never sets foot in the palace for more than a few hours. He's either out or in Hastinapur"

" Or with his wife and kids I suppose"

" Oh yes, he had a son recently..... I should have met Queen Vrushali in this time"

" You haven't met her yet?"

" Well.... Dristhdyumn told me not to go out much....and... I too don't want to get into anymore trouble" Draupadi fidgeted with her uttariya, " I am already a burden on quite a few people.... so... I just want to stay in one place"

" Drau..." Dusshala's eyes softened as she looked at the younger woman. " After my wedding, let's keep in contact okay?"

" hmm! Of course!" Draupadi smiled. 

Dusshala left Draupadi's chambers after a few hours, but her steps came to a halt as she saw a similar pair of feet standing in front of her. 

" It you-" Dristhdyumn blurted out, " Du- Rajkumari"

" Pranaam.... Rajkumar" Dusshala joined her hands, without even looking at him. As she tried to dash past him, he spoke in barely a whisper, 

" Why?... why are you going along with the wedding?"

" Will you gather enough courage to ask for my hand?" Dusshala wondered as she shot a glare at Dristhdyumn, who could very well read her expression, but choked on his feelings, " it's a political move for Hastinapur"

" I see" is all what Dristhdyumn could conjure up to say. " I... I wish you happiness.... Rajkumari"

" Nothing else?" Dusshala couldn't stop her tongue, " ah- sorry. Thank you... Goodbye"

Saying this, the two separated, but the hall seemed to stretch out for Dristhdyumn's sake, as he watched her silhouette fade away slowly.

---

Draupadi sighed as she wiped her face off of all the makeup that the maids had brought for her. It was weird, she thought, that for the last few months sleep hasn't been blessing her.

" As the second wife of Angraj" the chief maid had instructed on the first day, albeit a bit snidely as everyone knew that Draupadi had more than one husbands, " and the only royal woman in this palace, I hope you will be able to keep up the image, Panchalkumari"

And only on her instructions was Draupadi asked to hide her dark circles, which weren't even visible in fact, on her dark skin. 

She looked in the mirror as she took out her chudamani, that Evi gifted her aftea few days of the marriage. " This wasn't a royal wedding, but you are a princess and a queen nonetheless. This is a small token of appreciation from me, your wife" Evi's words ringed in her ears. 

For months, she had tried to keep herself sane, in the absence of her family, her husband, and Evi. And after learning about Dusshala's marriage, it was the breaking point for Draupadi. 

She looked at the ornament, a singular orange stone sparkled in the middle of the chudamani, which was similar to Evi's hair. She laughed, as warm tears springed into her eyes and fell down her cheeks, wondering where she had gone wrong in her life. 

" In my next life" Draupadi whispered, " I hope I can be happier Evi... I hope I can be with someone who can give me the love that will cradle my expectations and desires..." She slowly put down the chudamani in the lowest drawer, meant for discarded jewellery, " I don't know why I love you so much.... but I hope that I can become the woman who is deserving of your love too.... as you become the person who's deserving of my love someday"
.
.
.
The morning, Draupadi felt the same loneliness all over again, as Dusshala had left the day before. She wondered, if in the next year, it will a bit better.

" Aryaputra Bheem is.... better hopefully. But he hates Evi.... Will he love someone like me who has publicly professed her love to the person he hates?" Draupadi's worries seemed to have no ends, and the only thing she could do to distract herself from them, was to go out into the woods.

In the past months, she had made friends with a few tribal children, who were welcoming enough to let her play with them. For the first time in life, she had experienced such freedom, without her father and brothers looming over her,  without her mother's constant nagging about her 'unladylike' behaviour, she understood slowly what Evi meant by childhood.

But it didn't mean she could relive her lost memories. If anybody found out, she would have to face the public scrutiny, along with Karna. Her father would become more distant, and would probably cut off all ties.

"Excuse me, princess" a soldier in disguise came to notify her, "Angraj has returned"

"Is my presence necessary?" She asked, as she skipped a stone in the pond.

"You will need to welcome him as the Angrani" the soldier informed, making Draupadi scrunch her nose in disgust at the label.

The soldier followed Draupadi's horse, as the two reached the palace an hour before Karna's arrival, as she needed to ready herself as a 'Queen' before receiving him.

She had previously loved to dress up, to play with makeup and jewelleries, but since that unfateful day in the cave, everything seemed bland to her. What was the point of living with five husbands if the one she loves will never love her back? What was the point of living in luxury when your own family is prohibited from visiting you?

"Welcome home" Draupadi said meekly as she and Karna entered their room after all the customs. "What-"

"I will need to leave soon, Rajkumari" he informed instantly, "probably in two hours".

"What happened now?" She asked, uninterested in the politics.

" The ceremony Duryodhan and Dusshala are attending.... the Pandavas are going to be there too"

"What about-"

"No. Evi won't be attending" Karna answered as he already knew Draupadi's priorities. "But Gandharnaresh will be, as notified by my spies"

"Gandharraj Shakuni?" Draupadi questioned, "is that a problem? He IS a family member right?"

"You didn't see him the last time" Karna narrated the feud that happened between Duryodhan and his Mamashree. "Something is fishy, and for some reason I think Duryodhan doesn't know that Gandharraj would be going there..... If he did, he would have informed me about that too. They are planning something, Magadhraj and Gandharraj. I have to go there"

"I will come too" Draupadi replied.

"It is not a field trip Rajkumari" Karna said, " it could be dangerous"

"I have survived my share of dangerous situations Angraj" Draupadi exclaimed, "plus Dusshala Jiji would be there too. I think she would appreciate my presence as much as Yuvraj Duryodhan would appreciate yours"

Karna sighed, not wanting to further the argument that may cause him delay. "You really ARE as childish as Evi says"

"Ex- EXCUSE ME!?" Draupadi shouted, glaring at the man who was almost 30 years older than her. "I AM A WOMAN AND YOU WILL TREAT ME SO, ANGRAJ"

"Then when will you be able to correctly realise in which situations you need to be stubborn, and in which you need to let go?" Karna took a deep breath in, "We don't have much time, if we leave in an hour, we will be able to make it in the last minute. I hope nothing major goes down till then"

"Then-"

"Pack your stuff and meet me at the gates in exactly an hour. My Rath will be fast enough but DON'T make any other qualms" Karna left the chamber in hurry, making Draupadi more annoyed than ever.

"WHY DOES EVERYONE SEE ME AS A CHILD!?" She whined, cursing her life and situation. But soon she composed herself and went over to pack her stuff, to not give more ammunition to Karna to mock her.

---

The Pandavas entered the hall of Sindh palace, with Shikhandini as their Queen and Yudhishthir as the King of Indraprastha. Flowers showered them with love and respect, as the group stepped to their designated seats. They had been in Sindh for two days, touring around and about, just when they realised that for some reason, even though the ceremony was supposed to be among close knitted family, Jarasandha and Shishupal had still come to celebrate. And not just them, but they brought their armies too.

" I heard Dusshala had left to tour the nearby sanctuary. Why would she leave on the day of the actual ceremony?" Bheem whispered as he saw Duryodhan and Dussashan enter the hall, with their guards.

" Why are only those two here?" Sahadev interjected Bheem's question as he looked at Duryodhan and gave a discreet bow when their gazes met.

" I think other brothers took over the management of the wedding" Shikhandini spoke, "Yuvraj himself managed his wedding as well as Rajkumar Dussashan's. For some reason, he always takes the lead in every plan"

" Should we go greet him?" Sahadev asked.

" Will you be okay with that, Bheem?" Yudhisthir asked, not minding all the doubts that were arising in his brother's as well as his brain.

" I haven't forgotten what he did to Panchali Jyesth" Bheem huffed. He looked at Shikhandini and said, " I don't understand why aren't you more angry at him Bhabishree? He almost made your sister marry that asur"

" I was angry" Shikhandini replied, " Furious even. But I cooled down after he apologised"

" He APOLOGISED?" The two younger Pandavas gasped a bit too loud.

" And also I hit him quite a lot"

" WHAT!" the two gasped again, now generating quite a bit of attention from the other officials and royals.

" Okay, you three needed to discuss this back at home, not here" Yudhisthir ordered the three to stop talking so loud, " let's take our seats and enjoy the ceremony. We can talk to Duryodhan later if time permits it"

The sabha consisted of the royalties of Sindh and the officials, but for a ceremony like this, the number of women were restricted to only the maids and Shikhandini. 

And before they could even feel discomfort at the lack of feminine energy in the room, even more men barged in, which created more doubts. In just a glance, The Pandavas, Shikhandini as well as Duryodhan realised, that every royal that had suddenly emerged into the Sabha, whose presence they previously weren't informed of, were the rumored ones, who teamed up with Magadh to wage attack on Hastinapur.

" Jarasandh is here.... that itself is a problem" Shikhandini whispered to the group.

" Shishupal too.... Those two were the leaders of the attackers" Yudhisthir spoke.

The tension increased with time, and no amount of songs or dances could calm down the Kuru Royals. Only one thing was on their mind, to leave as soon as possible. 

As the royal feast ended too, the Kings started asking for adieu. But before any of them could leave, Jayadratha announced a 'fun way' to let the ceremony come to an end.

A Dyut Sabha.

" I would want my future in-laws to participate" He spoke, plastering a grin on his face. 

Duryodhan was going to reject it, but saw Jayadrath turn his gaze to Yudhishthir, " I heard Kings aren't supposed to turn down the invitation of Dyut, and I am going to be the husband of your only sister.... Won't you play a few rounds?"

" Hey!" Duryodhan exclaimed, " She's MY sister. Not theirs"

" Oh... but I thought you rejected? You aren't a King yet so I didn't ask you any further"

" Shut up before I make you" Duryodhan threatened, " I will play"

" Oh GREAT!" Jayadrath clapped once as the game was set in the middle of the sabha. " I hope the two cousins won't mind playing on the same side?"

" I wouldn't" Yudhisthir smiled, " I was hoping to find a way to bridge our differences, Duryodhan"

" Tch" Duryodhan was visibly grossed out, but still sat down beside Yudhisthir on one side of the board.

" Who's going to be our opponent?" Yudhisthir asked, " You and?"

" oh NOT ME!" Jayadrath put his hands up, " I am nowhere near as equal as the Kuru Royals.... you actually know your opponents quite well"

" What do you mean Jayadrath?" Duryodhan was getting antsy by the second.

" Its Magadhraj! and Gandharraj!"

Duryodhan's eyes widened as he heard Jayadrath, " Ga- Gandhar?"

" Yes, your very own Uncle, Yuvraj Duryodhan!" Jarasandha smiled as Shakuni limped out to the Sabha, plastering shock on the faces of the Kuru royals.

---

" What happened between you two?" Yudhisthir whispered to Duryodhan who had turned pale since he saw Shakuni.

" None of your business" he retorted, his gaze still set on his uncle who was organising the pieces. " Mamashree" he blurted out, " how are you"

" I guess not well" Jarasandha replied in his stead, " If he were, he wouldn't be sitting on this side of the board"

Duryodhan shot a stare at Jarasandha before refocusing his tone, " Mamashree.... I am sorry I didn't inform you of Dusshala's-"

" Let's start the game" Jarasandha interjected as Shakuni remained silent throughout, his gaze fixed on the board. 

The game started, on the favour of the Kuru royals. Yudhisthir had played it a lot and was thus more experienced, so Duryodhan had sat in silence to let him take the lead. But in the middle, he wondered, who was going to get the things won in the gamble?

" Seems like we need more rules" Jayadrath thus put forth an extra rule, wherein if a participant wishes to participate, they will only be solely responsible for the turn, and that if both of them or none of them want to participate in a turn, they will have to toss a coin to decide who will make the bet.

In the first ten turns, Yudhisthir had won seven, which made Duryodhan think that the winning streak was in their favour. Thus he played, winning the first two turns, but losing the next five. He had lost every materialistic thing he owned, and thus gave up all the turns to Yudhishthir who happily agreed to take over all the rest of the turns.

" Let's end the game in twenty more turns" Jarasandha spoke, his voice low, as if hiding an emotion.

" Okay" Yudhisthir agreed, but a doubt arose in his mind. Throughout the game, all the bets were placed by Shakuni. If he kept winning for a few more turns, Shakuni would no longer have anything to bet on. He set his gaze on his uncle, trying to decipher what ploy he might be planning, but Shakuni's face was as hard as stone, something that no one had never seen. 

Yudhisthir shrugged off the ominous feeling, calming himself down for the remaining twenty turns, but his luck had ran out till then.

Starting with his jewelleries,

His wealth,

His Palace,

His army

His cattles,

and everything he had won in the first seven turns, he lost it all, with nine turns still at hand.

" We need to win everything back" Duryodhan huffed as he saw his side losing desperately. 

" We have nothing much to bet on Gandharraj" Yudhisthir spoke honestly, wanting the game to come to conclusion already. 

" You have your weapons" Jarasandh stated, nonchalantly. " Aren't I correct, Dharmraj"

" You are" Yudhisthir bit back his reluctancy.

And so forth, the Jyesth Pandava lost his weapons too.

" Its over, we have lost everything" Duryodhan spoke. He knew, he was at an advantage, as Hastinapur wasn't gambled away like Indraprastha. For the first time in his life, he loved that he was still, just the Yuvraj. He looked over at Yudhisthir, who had lost every colour from his face and smirked, " So, indirectly, Mamashree took revenge on the Pandavas either way! Good job!" he looked at his uncle, but his smile faltered as he saw his downcasted eyes. " Why is Mamashree not looking at me? He's not even mad..... he's downright depressed!"

"Not so fast, Rajkumar" Jarasandha stopped Duryodhan. " Eight turns are still left"

" what more do I have Magadhraj?" Yudhisthir's annoyance was clear in his tone.

" Your brothers" 

Yudhisthir was in a daze. " Excuse me?"

" Your brothers, they belong to you right? Not just as the oldest, but as their king, you own them. Bet on them, as it is your responsibility to complete this Gamble"

Yudhisthir was now shaking with rage, but Jarasandh hadn't spoken any wrong either. Yudhisthir looked at Sahadev, his youngest brother, who returned the worried gaze. 

" Its okay Jyesth" he mouthed the words, very well knowing the inevitable ending of the Dyut Sabha. "I don't know, how else to act Jyesth... but Panchali isn't here, so what more can go wrong?"

Same sequence followed, as Yudhisthir bit back his reluctancy and betted his brothers one after another, losing even the ones who weren't present to witness the unfolding madness. 

" Your Kingdom.... it has been just a few months right? Indraprastha.... its news has travelled throughout Aryavarta. Such a shame, you lost it so soon.... the kingdom that was protected by Mayasur's magic, the kingdom that kept harmony between Demons and Humans.... you lost it to us. Do you think.... we will keep it the same way?" Jarasandha broke the silence, riling up Yudhisthir as a final blow.

" What do you mean?" Yudhisthir said through his gritted teeth.

" Unlike you... we have no intention on keeping the demons in Indraprastha alive" Magadhraj stated, " Just how your brothers killed my brother, I will annihilate the demons you rescued"

" MAGADHRAJ!" Sahadev shouted for the first time in the sabha. He was depressed, with the happenings, but as always, he kept his calm. But when it came to the demons, who he loved and rescued with his own hardwork, he was as feral as Bheem. 

" Doesn't your brother know the rules, Dharmraj?" Jarasandha mocked, " outsiders... especially slaves... aren't supposed to participate OR say anything that may change the player's mindset"

" They are well aware of the rules" Yudhisthir stated, " but what you are saying... any humane person would get riled up"

" Is that so?" Jarasandha chuckled, " then play your turn and win it all back... I bet everything that I have won throughout the game, in turn for you Rajkumar Yudhisthir. Will you play, or not?"

" Jyesth, we will fight back!" Sahadev shouted, " DON'T-"

Yudhisthir put up his hands to silence Sahadeva. He couldn't let him break the rules. 

" I bet myself" Yudhisthir spoke and threw the dice.

Jarasandha smiled. He took the dice, and gave a sly gaze to Shakuni as he handed him the dices. " I bet everything" he grinned as Shakuni threw for his turn.

The Sabha erupted. 

Dharmraj, had lost himself.

" Shit-" Shikhandini was shaking in rage, her hand clenching in rage. " I can just kill Magadhraj right?" she whispered as Sahadev sat down in disbelief.

" Bhabishree.... Bhrata.... what should we do?" he whimpered as Bheem's bloodshot eyes refocused onto his younger brother. His hands burned with revenge the moment Yudhisthir was cornered to bet them away, but he stayed still just because of Shikhandini's orders. And now, even she was on the verge of breaking into violence.

" Your Jyesth is panicking" Shikhandini spoke, as she stood behind the two kneeling Pandavas "someone needs to set his head straight"

" What should we-"

" Three turns left" Shakuni spoke.

" I don't have anything else to give" Yudhisthir stated. He looked at Duryodhan, but he had a similar expression.

" I will not be giving myself up... and my brothers belong to my father and not me as I am not the king" he stated as he rejoiced at the feeling of being the less unfortunate among the two. He shot a reassuring glance at Dussashan who had been standing straight in fear at a corner, witnessing the game. 

" I remember" Jarasandha said, " you had a personnel with you, Daas Yudhisthir"

Duryodhan's head snapped back to Yudhisthir, " NO"

" Ho- how do you even know that?"

" What happened with Mahamahim" Jarasandh replied, " the whole Aryavart knows.. plus how could I forget the perpetrators who killed my brother and his clan?"

" No! He doesn't have any rights over her! It should be my decision-" Duryodhan screamed but was silenced by Jarasandha.

" She was under Yudhisthir's discretion last, as far as I remember" Jarasandha smiled, " plus if you have something to bet on, please say so. If you don't, the turn automatically goes to him"

" Bu-but.." Duryodhan looked at Yudhisthir in fear, " you cannot do that to her... she is not even related to all of this!"

" He's saying the truth Magadhnaresh" Yudhisthir pleaded, " I... cannot do that"

" SHUT UP DAAS YUDHISTHIR" Jarasandha howled. " IF YOU CAN'T ON YOUR OWN, THEN I ORDER YOU TO BET ON THAT DERANGED WOMAN! I ORDER YOU AS YOUR MASTER, TO BET HER!"

Yudhisthir faltered, as his gaze lowered in shame. " I..."

" You CAN'T!" Duryodhan shouted along with Dussashan.

" Well will YOU then bet something?" Yudhisthir retorted, " DO YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO BET YOURSELF THEN? TO SAVE EVI? You act all high and mighty as if you love her, but when it comes to her happiness, what EXACTLY have you done!? ITS SO CLEAR THAT THIS IS ALL A PLOY AS A REVENGE FOR WHAT HAPPENED TO PANCHALI! IF YOU HADN'T CREATED THAT HELL OF A PLAN, WE WOULDN'T BE IN THIS SITUATION IN THE FIRST PLACE!" He wanted to scream out everything that was penting inside of him, but he wanted his dignity intact as the last straw.

If he lost his cool, his patience under such circumstances, then who will he become? Patience is his virtue, it is what makes him, HIM. He drew in a sharp breath, as he breathed out his reply, " I will bet Evi on your command Master"

In a blink of an eye, the turn was completed, as Evi was won over. 

" I told you" Duryodhan growled, " to not bet her...."

 Yudhisthir sat in silence, defeated and exhausted. " I am sorry" were the only words that could leave his lips.

" Who will bet for the next turn?" Jarasandha clapped to bring focus of his opponents back to the game, as if nothing mattered to him.

" I will" Duryodhan put up his hand.

" Oh, finally participating again" Jarasandha grinned.

" I will be betting, my personal bodyguard-"

" NO" Yudhisthir's eyes widened, 

" Maharani Shikhandini"

" wait- she doesn't belong to him!" Sahadev and Bheem interjected, " she's the Maharani of Indraprastha-"

" which has been won over by Jarasandha" Duryodhan replied, " and as Yudhisthir lost himself, he had lost all his rights on her too. And I hope Bhabishree knows, that I hadn't yet removed her from the position of Hastinapur's general and my personal bodyguard... in fact, her husband himself knows. Till Indraprastha didn't declare itself as an independent kingdom, she would remain my bodyguard, and thus will belong to ME"

" Tell me, daas Yudhishthir" Jarasandha asked " This is all true isn't it?"

Yudhisthir's eyes widened. It was true. And not only that, even Shikhandini had made him promise to such a condition on their first wedding night, upon Evi's request, " The day you will no longer be able to protect me, you will lose all your right on me. And I will regain my rights to weapons, and my freedom "

" SPEAK UP!" Jarasandha ordered.

Yudhisthir looked at Shikhandini who held the same bewilderment as him. 

" where did I go wrong Mahadev" is all she could think as she saw the light in Yudhisthir's eyes vanish as he nodded in agreement to Shakuni.

" You are correct, Master"

" Well then" Jarasandh looked at Duryodhan, " I bet Shishupal in turn".

" Why not everything that you've won?" Duryodhan snickered, " worried about losing?"

" No.." Jarasandha gave a fake innocent look, " we need to balance the bets right? I cannot give everything away for just a measely looking man-woman who wouldn't even satisfy my needs"

" JARASANDH!!"  Yudhisthir stood up too. " DON'T"

" You should have thought of all this before you took Evi's arm" Duryodhan threatened, " if you hadn't, I wouldn't have taken your wife under my wing"

" Play your turn Rajkumar" Jarasandha ordered.

And so, Shikhandini too was gambled away.

" Brilliant!" Jarasandha laughed, " bring my new addition to the army in front of me"

Shikhandini herself walked towards the center, her gaze focused on Magadhraj.

" You have a deathly gaze, commander" Jarasandha grinned, " I could use that in ways more than one"

Yudhisthir was shaking in rage. His hands were clenched at his tone, but before he could shriek at Jarasandh's comment, Shikhandini interjected,

" Magadhraj, you won me as a commander, not a slave" Shikhandini spoke, her voice as firm as her position, " treat me like one"

" Oh I will" Jarasandha laughed, leaning towards Shikhandini.

She stood her ground, clenching her fist in case Jarasandh tried something, but instead he pulled away her satchel, the one that carried Evi's hand.

Since Shikhandini's vow didn't let her carry weapons of her own, she had been taking Evi's arm everywhere as a loophole, but for the first time in months, she realised how absolutely stupid it was.

Jarasandh pulled out the arm, inspecting it from every angle, and shooting a glance at Shakuni every second." Open it" Jarasandha ordered.

" What are you saying, Magadhraj? How can an arm be opened?" Shikhandini bluffed.

" I guess, honesty is not your virtue. Tell me, daas Yudhisthir, can this arm be opened or not?"

"....it can be" Yudhishthir bit his lips, almost wanting to disfigure his mouth in order to stop speaking.

" What is all this? Complete the damned game" Dussashan was annoyed at the commotion, and more so seeing Evi's hand being man-handled.

" Well then, I leave it all to you Shishupal" Jarasandha ordered Shishupal to take over the arm, and sat back down for the game. " However, I still have a few commands left. Guards, take Daas Bheem, Sahadev to the dungeons" he smirked as he shot a gaze to Shikhandini, "and her, to the whorehouse"

" DON'T YOU DARE JARASANDH -" Yudhisthir raged, his hands reaching for Jarasandha's neck just when Dusshala shouted from the gallery;

" DON'T KILL HIM JYESTH!! HE HAS A BOON THAT WHOEVER KILLS HIM, WILL DIE TOO!!" 

★★★★★★✦✦✦✦✦✦✦★★★★★★

VOTE & COMMENT

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

763K 50.9K 39
REYANSH 💗 DIVYA _____________________________ Book 1 of "CEASELESS" series She is obstinate fire..... She is pure serenity...... She is like moon a...
240K 15.4K 137
The Divine woman Draupadi was born as the eternal consort of Panadavas. But we always fail to treasure things which we get easily. Same happened with...
573K 27.2K 60
"No! Don't-- Don't touch me." Her voice was trembling now because of her so much of crying session. She's getting weak. Physically too. "Okay!! okay...
Another Chance for Lives Od

Historická beletria

47.9K 2.2K 41
Karna and Draupadi. A story for many who wanted another chance for Karna and Draupadi. What if the Gods decides to give them another chance? What wi...