FlipFlops & Parker

By SarahNixy

18 year old American Jay is stuck on an English coastal island. Riddled with anxiety, she can’t find who she... More

Part 1 Pitch
Chapter 2 He's So Fine
Chapter 3 'Sweet Talkin Guy'
Chapter 4 : It's My Party (And I'll Cry If I Want To)
Chapter 5 'Don't Be A Fool'
Chapter 6 Do You Believe
Chapter 7 Wake Up Little Suzie
Chapter 8 Good Golly Miss Molly
Chapter 9 I Only Have Eyes For You
Chapter 10 All I Have To Do Is Dream
Chapter 11 Why Must I Be A Teenager In Love
Chapter 12 Why Do Fools Fall In Love
Chapter 13 Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?
Chapter 14 In The Still Of The Night
Chapter 15 My Baby Just Cares For Me
Chapter 17 What A Difference A Day Makes
Chapter 18 That's What I Want
Chapter 19 There Goes My Baby
Chapter 20 Tears On My Pillow
Chapter 21 I Hear You Knocking
Chapter 22 My Girl
Chapter 23 Living Doll
Chapter 24 Jailhouse Rock
Chapter 25 I Put A Spell On You
Chapter 26 At The Hop
Chapter 27 Sh Boom
Chapter 28 Some Kind Of Wonderful
Chapter 29 When Summer's Through
Ren

Chapter 16 One Fine Day

139 9 13
By SarahNixy

Jay

The sun had finally come out.

Ren and I made a way along the beach, I could hear the music as we approached one of the snack bars which was much busier than usual. It was running power out to a small decked area which housed a PA system with several DJs playing different sets. It seemed to be mostly chillout music at the moment which suited the crowd, there was a real mix of locals and tourist lounging about.

One thing I'd learnt about the English was that they loved their Sunday lunch. Come rain or shine they always served it no matter what. It was like a mini Thanksgiving dinner every Sunday. There were roasted meats, potatoes, vegetables, gravy and sometimes a thing called a Yorkshire pudding which was definitely not a desert. All the bars pubs and restaurants had it on the menu and they were usually packed out. Many people ate and drank and stayed out all afternoon and so the Sunday sessions on the beach were born.

We weaved our way through the groups sat out on the sand. Ren eye'd many of the people hanging about and started her furious texting. We passed a group of guys drinking beer at one of the tables near a makeshift dance floor. They craned their necks as we passed and someone called out

"Blondie over here, I saved the best place for you."

Instead of responding, she ushered me towards a spot away from the crowd on the outskirts. Able to see the comings and goings but not close enough to be social.

Reaching into her bag she pulled out a couple of bottles of beer and passed one to me "So spill it. You look like the cat that got the cream. What have you been up to?"

"Nothing,"

Ren snorted "Yeah yeah,Miss America. Come on. I won't give up, I'm relentless."

"Parker stayed over."

"I knew it! My plan worked then?"

"What plan?"

"That Parker wouldn't let Taylor take you home from the fair and had to step in."

"Not exactly. I did get a ride with Taylor. We just ran into Parker later that's all."

Ren raised one eyebrow "Taylor never said?" I didn't really want to talk about the whole sleeping in the car thing. Ren might already know, but I knew Parker was definitely a private sort of guy. I tried to change the subject.

"He's such a good kisser."

"Who, Parker or Taylor?" Ren seemed keen to clarify.

"Parker of course. He really made me laugh too."

"You mean Mr serious cracked a joke? Now there's something I would have paid to see." I smiled to myself. I loved the fact that I got to see that side of him.

"Did you two...?" She now arched the other eyebrow. God this girl's face was expressive, her dark eyebrows almost always did the talking.

No, we didn't um, you know." I felt my face get hot, I was sure even my scalp was blushing.

"You are just too cute California. Can you even say the word sex? I've never had a problem with it. To be honest, I've never understood what all the fuss was about."

Ren was complex. She just dripped sex appeal. Guy's drool literally followed her around. She had a skanky rep according to Loaf and yet she seemed completely disinterested whenever I'd spent any time with her. She definitely had a love hate relationship with men. She could be openly hostile and covertly wary when she thought no one was looking. I had only ever seen her flirt when she wanted something, usually liquor or a ride someplace.

"Well I can definitely. I really wished we'd gone further. I hope I get to see him again."

"What, he didn't set another date?" Ren frowned.

"He said he take me out next Tuesday and even mentioned he might turn up here later."

"Then he will."

"I hope so."

"Parker doesn't bullshit. If he said he's going to be here, he'll be here. That, you can count on."

I felt bubbles of excitement start to fizz in my tummy. Ren's faith boosted my own. It followed that Parker must like me, he wouldn't have said so otherwise.

"So, did you find out anything else at the fair?" Ren asked casually.

"What about your Dad?"

"No, about the coming of the next Messiah. Of course about my dad." Her sarcasm couldn't distract from how desperate she really was. She had started digging in the sand with her fingernails.

I thought about what Taylor had said, and though there was no way I couldn't tell her, I tried to down play it.

"Not much really. You know I'm not exactly fluent. Most of the guys were hard at work. Some spoke in Polish. I only caught a few sentences."

"Ah, come on Jay, you're killing me."

"Well, there was something about a shipment or delivery. They said Durov was mad, or worried or edgy about it. See I'm not great at specifics. They did say the old man didn't know. Yet that could mean anything. " I added in quickly. "It could mean the old man didn't know the time, what it was, where it was, or something unrelated. Who knows who the old man even is?"

"I knew it!" Ren's eyes were alight and her whole face shone with excitement. "Durov has to be screwing my dad over. I bet the stupid old sod has been too distracted with over the top Birthday party plans. I'm definitely going to talk to him now."

"To who? Durov?"

"No. I don't talk to him unless I have to. I'll make my dad listen, this is too important."

I wondered why Ren needed evidence to speak to her own father. Yet, who was I to judge, I need an appointment to speak to mine.

Ren was now in high spirits and we spent the afternoon drinking and giggling. Several times we got hit on. Ren always took control, she was her usual sassy self, with plenty of putdowns without offending anyone, unless they didn't take no for an answer and then she took no prisoners, telling one guy; "sorry hun we're busy now, can we ignore you later?"

It started to get darker although I wasn't cold. Probably due to the alcohol. Ren looked at her phone. "Almost 9, what time did you say he'd be here?"

"After work."

"Oh good, another hour at least. I think it's time to do shots."

Ren jumped up and pulled me to my feet. I swayed a little. Just at that moment, the DJ changed and a new track came on. Ren squealed "Tune!" pulling me behind her, she made her way to the small group of dancers infront of the PA system. Dancing together we attracted some attention. Although Ren steered us away from any over enthusiastic dance partners, I could feel eyes watching us from the table of guys Ren had ignored earlier.

Closing my eyes so I didn't feel so self-conscious, I moved to the music. Suddenly a hard arm snaked around my waist and I was tugged back against a hard body. My eyes widened and I panicked frantically waving my arms at Ren but she just laughed.

"Didn't know you danced?" Parker whispered in my ear. I whipped around to look him.

"I didn't know you did?"

"I don't." He responded. "Looks like we got lots to learn about each other." He was smiling at me and his arms still circled my waist.

"Get a room," Taylor said walking up behind us. Ren stopped grinning. She took one look at Taylor and went straight to the table of guys she'd ignored earlier.

"Still saving my spot?" She purred.

"Oh Blondie always room for you." The guy looked like he'd won the lottery. Taylor shrugged as if this was nothing new and turned to me and Parker.

"I'll get the beers in, Jay what are you drinking?"

"Calli owes me a shot Naylor!" Ren sang out.

Taylor went to the bar whilst Parker and I made eyes each other. His gaze was intense as he smiled down at me and my knees went weak. Either that or I had trouble balancing.

A large group sat on the sand hailed Parker and holding my hand, he pulled me over with him to join them. Sitting down on the edge of the group, he sat me down between his legs so I could lean back against him. There was no awkwardness, no indecision. Parker hadn't stopped touching me since he'd arrived. For once it didn't feel uncomfortable, it made me feel good.

I wasn't the only one to notice either. A couple of girls in the group were certainly paying attention. One attractive curvy brunette was particularly interested. I didn't like the way she was looking at him.

"Good to see you out Parker. Finally taking some time off?" She called over to him.

"I had to come and see my girl." He responded. The brunette glared at me, but I didn't mind as I was still reeling from the 'my girl'. He didn't introduce me though? Stop it Jay, you're overthinking again.

Taylor returned from the bar and the brunette didn't appear so put out any more. She flipped her hair in his direction. He had two beers one for him and one for Parker and a couple of clear looking shots. Ren suddenly made a reappearance.

"Can't have Lemondrop shots they only had lemonade not fresh lemons, and I know how you feel about that. She did have a fresh limes though, so its kamikazes. Before you ask, yes the vodka is grey goose and the shot glasses are disposable from the middle of the stack not from the top or left out on the bar." Taylor reeled this off to Ren without a word from her. She gave the brunette a once over, raised her eyebrows, slammed the shot down and then returned to her new found friends.

"You don't have to drink that," Parker talked into my ear again. I shivered, but raised the shot glass to my lips. It smelt of lime. I felt tired. Drinking in the sun for most the afternoon, even though I had only a couple of beers, had definitely taken its toll. I knew all about the dangers of alcohol, one of the girls in my dorm last year had needed her stomach pumped.

"Perhaps you should drink it and catch me up?" I looked around at him.

"This shot is not going to be catching you up, but perhaps we should share it, I don't think you need any more."

Parker did the shot, then bent his head to mine, kissing me full on the mouth so I could taste the sharp lime and bite of alcohol on his lips. Lust slammed hard into my stomach and I didn't want to be sat with an audience anymore. As if reading my mind Parker turned to Taylor "I'm taking Jay home, don't wait up."

"What about Ren?" I managed.

"Don't worry it's early, I'll make sure she's okay. "Taylor replied a little darkly.

Parker seemed okay with that, looking over to the table she'd left is for, Ren was flirting up a storm. I yawned and Parker scooped me up. I was such a lightweight.

Parker

I couldn't wait to get her out of there. I didn't want to go all captain caveman, but I swear as soon as I saw her dancing I just couldn't help but drink her in. Those long legs that went on forever right up to her fine ass. Her tiny waist and all that smooth silky skin exposed with her hair up. The hollow of her throat right down to the small swell of her breasts. Ok, so no more than a handful, but gorgeous soft and totally kissable. She was bra less and the sloping curve of her breast was on display as she raised her arms to the music. Her nipples were just visible as tiny points that strained against her vest top. I was transfixed, but then I noticed other guys watching her and instantly caveman kicked back in. Back off. Mine.

When we joined the others I didn't want to share her. I definitely didn't want to introduce her. I hadn't been out for so long I wasn't even sure who everybody was. Taylor had always been sociable one. I'd never been good with names, even those names I should remember. I'd spent time with the brunette last year. It might have been Bethany or Courtney or Kimberly, but I couldn't be sure. Whatever, I didn't want to strike up conversations with any of them and I didn't want her attention focused anywhere else but on me. Childish, yes, sorry, no.

I hadn't planned on going back home with her again, but I couldn't stop myself.

She'd been drinking, so taking things further was definitely off the agenda but that didn't mean I couldn't explore a little more. My fingers were itching to follow those curves and I been dying to taste the lip gloss that she regularly nibbled on. I was primed by just simply holding her hand on the walk back. Her fingers laced with mine. The slight swing as we walked in unison and the sound of her steady breathing, all seemed to turn me on.

She opened the doors and windows and flipped her iPod and kettle on. She went to busy herself with the cups but I came up behind and started to kiss a slow trail up her neck and behind her ear. My hands worked their way under her vest and I drew lazy circles on her rib cage. I felt her tense up and wondered what I had done before I finally noticed the music playing. 'Will you still love me tomorrow' by The Shirelles came on.

"I never knew you were into this kind of music? I mean it's not exactly my favourite, but you kind of get used to it all day at work."

"Oh my god, I'm so embarrassed," Jay tried to hide her face behind her hands.

"Why are you... Oh I see. You listen to this because of me? Does this remind you of me?"

Jay groaned "I wish I could die, honestly, this isn't the only stuff I listen to. I'm a huge Foo Fighters fan...honestly, Ed Sheeran and loads of other stuff is on there as well."

"I think it's cute. I like the fact that you've been thinking about me, it makes me feel better about obsessing over you." I cupped her face and brought it close to mine. "The two of us make a right pair." I claimed her mouth and pulled her into me. She ran her hands up and down my back and I ground myself against her. She moaned as the kettle boiled. The water bubbled furiously. I bit her bottom lip, sucking it into my mouth and grabbing handfuls of her soft hair. I let my fingers get tangled up within it.

I don't think I'm going to survive this. I breathed out hard and finally pulled away. Jay's eyes look glassy and her lips swollen.

"Tea's up" I croaked coarsely.

Managed to get two chapters up this week still. Hope you enjoyed them. Please comment and vote it really is motivating me to keep writing. Sx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 115K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...
9.9M 500K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
3.1M 197K 89
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
1.7M 103K 40
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...