Being a Valkyrie is not easy...

By Yonaka_Yuki

May contain spoilers! In-game story and own story line! An orphan girl with no memories finally gets the chan... More

1. New Valkyrie
2. Missions
3. Memories
4. Arc City
5. Saving Arc City
6. Escape from the base
7. Thunders over Nagazora
8. As Thunders Filled The Sky
9. Meeting an Elf
10. Into the Flames
11. Training, Exploring and a Fight
12. Into the snake pit
13. Final Goodbye
14. Meeting a new Face
15. Exploring the Realm and Truths
17. A Magic Show
18. Old Memories
19. A 'little' problem
20. Babysitting a Herrscher
21. Back to Normal?
22. Elysium Everlasting
23. A bad Person...?
24. Doubts
25. Among us...
26. ...is a traitor.
27. Mistrust
28. The time has come.
29. Because of you
30. Reunion
31. On the Moon
32. On the Moon (2)
33. A second Chance
34. In the Name of the Truth
35. Our Way back home
36. Fate of the Origin
37. Toward a New Tomorrow
38. Beauty of this World
39. My Home, is with you
40. Beautiful World
~HSR Update~
~Little Update~

16. Bearer of the Stars

120 4 0
By Yonaka_Yuki

~Yuki POV~

When we got back to the lobby, Elysia told me that she wanted to touch her horns as a condition to bring Mei to the deep end. ,,And Mei really let you do it?" I asked. ,,Of course~" Elysia replied. ,,Elysia..." I warned. ,,Okay, okay. Maybe I had to persuade Mei a little. But now she's on her way with Raven to get to the Deep End,'' Elysia explained. ,,I think Felis said that the Deep End is closed and dangerous. Shouldn't you go with Mei then?" asked Elysia. ,,You should trust Mei more. She is very strong," replied Elysia. ,,I know, but I still worry sometimes. Maybe it's because I'm older or because I think of Mei and our other friends as my family,'' I admitted. ,,Aww... You are so kind-hearted!" Elyisa praised.

,,I heard from Mei that you were in the outside world for the first time only more than a year ago, is that right?'' ,,Yes... Before I came to the school where I met Mei and the others, I was in the headquarters of Schicksal, an organization like Gray Serpent, or in your case, Fire Moth. I was there for over 10 years and was trained to be a Valkyrie. Of course, I volunteered to become one. I don't really remember what happened before that. But the Herrscher gave me a hint when I asked her if she was on our side or the Honkai's side. She would not forgive the Honkai for what it did to me. All I can conclude is that the Honkai must have destroyed my home and Schicksal saved me,'' I replied, folding my hands. ,,Yuki..." muttered Elysia. ,,It's okay. I've accepted it for a long time. Now that I think about it, I must have been an orphan. The overseer couldn't find out anything about me. Still, I am grateful. He took care of me personally even though he could assign someone to do it. His training allowed me to have the opportunity to find friends and family. That is the reason why I followed Mei here. She and the others looked after me, I want to give it back. Even if I had to die for it,'' I continued. Elysia smiled at me. ,,I'm sure Mei and your friends are very proud of you," she said. Smiling, I nodded. ,,I hope so.''

Our conversation was interrupted when Mei followed by Felis came out of the realm and went to Kevin. ,,Has Kevin been here all this time?" I asked uncomfortable. ,,I think so, why? Do you like him?" Elysia answered and I shook my head vigorously. ,,Nope. Not after his current self pointed his fire sword at me or grabbed my wrist and pierced me with his ice-cold stare!" I replied. ,,Well... That's just the way Kevin is. Don't take it to heart," Elysia laughed nervously. ,,Don't worry, I won't. I don't really understand him, but I think that time has changed him, too," I waved off.

Suddenly Felis came to me and pulled me along, thinking Mei wanted to talk to me. Elysia giggled again. ,,Mei Onee-chan, I'm back," Felis said proudly. ,,Thank you Pardo.'' ,,Did something happen in the deep end?" I asked. ,,You could say that. That's one of the reasons why I'm including you. Yuki-chan I want you to accompany me on my next visit." replied Mei. ,,Um... okay?" I agreed, a little confused. ,,Fine. Then Pardo, what was this unique location we visited?" asked Mei, turning to Felis. ,,Unique location? Which one are you talking about? Is it Snakey's surgery center? Su's vegetable garden? Or Kalpas closet?" she replied, and I had to stifle a laugh at the latter. ,,Right. I didn't know that the realm had so many unique locations.... I'm talking about the meadow where I met Kosma. The scenery... was surreal, like a painting,'' Mei explained. 'Seems like I met another flame chaser...' I thought surprised.

,,Oh, that place... If I remember correctly, its name should be in the realm the Dream of the Depicter. It's like a dream filled with weird things that never existed in real life. And the one who created them in paintings is not none other than little Griseo. I don't think you've met her?" asked Felis. ,,No, but you have mentioned this name more than once. A painter... I guess Griseo is a flame chaser. But if this is her studio, why was Kosma there?" answered Mei. ,,Kosma... I think he just doesn't want anyone to interrupt little Griseo. She likes it quiet, especially when painting,'' Felis explained. ,,That's not what we were trying to do. And he didn't bother to explain it," said Mei. 'Somehow I cannot join in the conversation at all...'

After talking to Felis, Mei and I went back to Elysia, who must have thought we were coming. She was already sitting waiting on the couch where I had left her. ,,Mei, you're back! So how was it? Did you get along with Aponia? Any secrets to share?" Elysia asked excitedly. Mei remained silent and I looked at her uncertainly. She seemed to be upset. ,,Oh dear, I guess the opposite happened, even your horns have a furious red. What went wrong?" Elysia continued. ,,What went wrong? Raven and I never made it to the deep end," Mei sighed. ,,How come?" asked Elyisa surprised. ,,On the other side of the door was a Painted World. Dream of the Depicter... I wouldn't know the name if it wasn't for Pardo," Mei explained. ,,Oh... I knew it was a misunderstanding! I would never risk your opinion of me! You actually have to cross the Dream of the Depicter to reach the Deep End. How should I summarize? It's like... a winding mountain pass that leads to a palace in the clouds? Judging by your expression, you should have met Kosma,'' Elysia replied.

,,Yeah. You sound like he's not always there?" asked Mei. ,,Kosma has a life, you know. But when Griseo wants to paint, he will guard the mountain pass like a real knight. You seem to be there at the wrong time. But on the bright side, you met another flame chaser, you made another friend, and you have another signet. Not many have the privilege of getting one from him,'' Elyisa explained further. ,,Is there anything else you can tell me about Kosma?" asked Mei. ,,You asked the right person. He is a especially gentle and fascinating boy. The quiet but sensitive type. I can read him like a book, but I'd leave him hanging. I can't help it- I love to see him blush and fumble with words. To help you both.... Ta-da! A dummie guide to the quiet boy! It's from the same series as the book for Kalpas, which is less famous. Here.'' replied Elyisa. ,,Thank you but no thank you. I still have to finish A Dummie's Guide to Kalpas.'' Mei declined. ,,What about you Yuki?" asked Elysia. ,,Don't worry, I want to get to know Kosma myself before I need a book," I replied.

After Mei told me that tomorrow we would go to the deep end and I should rest. On the way to my room I almost ran into Eden, but she didn't seem to mind. On the contrary, she seemed happy to see me. She also said that I looked brighter somehow. Whatever she meant by that. Only when I closed my room door, I realized what she meant. ,,Could it be that it did me good to talk everything out with Elysia?'' I asked myself. Somehow I felt better, too. I smiled slightly. Even if I'm not completely up to date, maybe it wasn't a bad idea to come here. I was right, if I only doubt myself I will never get a step forward. It's time I put more effort into helping Mei.

The next morning I got up early to wait for Mei in the lobby. But to my surprise, Elysia was also already there. ,,Good morning Elysia,'' I said in a good mood. ,,Oh~ Yuki, good morning to you too,'' Elysia replied before she stopped. She suddenly came closer to me and looked me thoughtfully in the eyes. ,,What is it?" I asked. ,,You seem to be more motivated and in a better mood today," Elysia replied. ,,As a matter of fact, I am. After I spoke to you yesterday, I felt better too. Eden had already noticed it, too," I explained. ,,I am glad. You always seemed to have a little rain cloud with you. Even Mei and the others were worried," said Elysia with relief. ,,I'm sorry, but I feel better now,'' I apologized. ,,You should tell Mei that too. ,,Otherwise she'll worry even more," Elysia said with a smile and disappeared from the lobby. Smiling, I shook my head until realizing something. ,,With everyone... does she mean Kalpas too? No, that would be impossible.''

.

.

.

.

After Mei came and thanked me for already being there, we set off for the deep end together with Felis as our guide. Mei had really been right the place she meant, really looked as if he had been painted. Pretty paintings floated in the air. But unfortunately I could not look around further, because Felis suddenly started to scream. ,,Hey! Kosma, can you hear me? Heyy!" Felis shouted. ,,What are you doing?" I asked. ,,Eleminating dangers! Running into Kosma could ruin our trip. So I thought I should call for him. If he shows up, we'll tell him we're wandering around," Felis answered. ,,... You really took every precaution there is," said Mei. ,,Better safe than sorry! Speaking of which, you can have this. Take it as a customer appreciation gift.'' replied Felis. Felis gave her signets to Mei and me. This was the first time I accepted something like this and somehow I felt no change.

When we walked through the next door it looked like we had arrived in a painting studio. ,,Sweet, it went smoother than expected. We are so close to the finish! We didn't run into Kosma or the soldiers Griseo drew..." Felis said. But suddenly a monster came out of the ground behind her. I pulled Felis by the wrist behind me and drew my bow. ,,Mei I give Felis cover can you take care of the monster?'' I asked. ,,Sure," she replied. ,,Thank you Yuki Onee-chan," Felis thanked me. ,,No problem, that's what I'm here for,'' I waved her off and shot an arrow every now and then. On closer observation, I noticed that the monster looked like it had been painted.

Since Mei was here, it didn't take long for her to finish off the monster. After the monster disappeared, a door opened again. ,,Everything okay, Felis?' I asked, as we had been running back and forth the whole time. ,,Yes, everything's fine,'' she replied, out of breath. Mei signalled me to go on. When we came through the door, a little girl was sitting in front of a canvas at the end of the hall. The girl seemed to notice us. ,,Is that you, Kosma?" she asked softly. ,,Hello there, Griseo. It's been a while,'' Felis began. ,,Pardo. And... the two of them are?" Griseo asked and she seemed a little anxious. ,,Mei Onee-chan, Yuki Onee-chan, I forgot to tell you that she is shy. Try not to scare her,'' Felis whispered to us. Mei and I nodded, but looking at her we both seemed to think the same. 'This little girl... Is a flame chaser as well?'

,,Greetings, Griseo. My name is Raiden Mei and this is my friend Yuki.'' Mei introduced us in a friendly manner. I waved to the girl with a friendly smile. ,,...Color.'' Griseo mumbled which confused me and Mei. ,,Your favorite color.'' she said a little louder. ,,My favorite color? Hmm...should be orange and red.'' replied Mei. ,,Mine are... blue, black and white.'' I replied. ,,Orange, red... Sky, crab... Sea, coral... Hmm... blue, black, white... Night sky, snow...'' murmured Griseo. Confused, I looked at Mei, who shrugged her shoulders. ,,A-ha, little Griseo is busy painting again. Perfect, that means we can sneak past her.'' laughed Felis nervously. ,,Mei Onee-chan, Yuki... Onee-chan why are you sad?" Griseo suddenly asked us. ,,Huh?" we gasped. ,,Like... a bird fell into a lake," she continued.

,,Who is there?" suddenly asked a male voice, which I had not heard before. ,,K-K-Kosma! You're out for a walk too?" asked Felis so nervously that her cat tail puffed up. 'So that's Kosma...' I thought. ,,Hello, Kosma," said Mei calmly. Kosma said nothing. Elysia was right, he is really quiet. There was somehow a tense silence between us. ,,Felis, a little help?" I asked her in a whisper. ,,Oh... Right, almost forgot,'' she answered. Suddenly Felis started to make a deep voice and asked us why we were here. 'She wasn't really talking for Kosma, was she?' I thought, puzzled. ,,It's okay, Kosma. I like new colors," Griseo said. ,,I can't let it out in before Griseo, so I'll overlook it for this time. But..." Felis spoke for Kosma, but Griseo interrupted her. ,,Go with me to the hall, Kosma. I feel... Inspired. So I want to go back. Come with me, Kosma,'' said Griseo. Kosma was silent again and Felis didn't say anything either. ,,...Mei Onee-chan, Yuki Onee-chan.'' started Griseo and caught our attention. ,,Yes?" we asked at the same time. ,,Thank you, for bringing new colors to my place. Your colors. I like them. So I have a gift for you," she thanked. Griseo gave us some of her signets.

,,...Signet of stars.'' realized Mei. ,,Hmm, this is my signet. You two are welcome in my studio from now on," said Griseo. ,,Thank you," I thanked her. ,,Let's go," Kosma suddenly spoke, which made me flinch. Mei seemed to be in thought. I, on the other hand, felt a little different after accepting Griseo's signet. ,,Huh? That's strange... Can, keep looking," Felis said, confused. ,,What's wrong?" I asked the flame chaser. ,,The entrance to the Deep End, of course. It should be close... A random portal, a crack, or something else.... But don't worry, Can will find it," she answered.

After a few moments, however, Felis still found nothing and told us that Aponia had probably found us. In addition, if Aponia does not wish to let anyone in, we will not get anywhere. ,,She is watching us?" asked Mei. Looking at Mei's reaction, she seems to be wary of Aponia. ,,Anyway, with the signet of the stars, you could come here anytime, so there's no point in wasting your time here. Maybe one day Aponia will change her mind all of a sudden. There is always hope," Felis explained. ,,You are right. Take us back Pardo," Mei agreed, but I could clearly see that she didn't like it. ,,Thanks for your help Felis. Without you we would have been lost for sure,'' I changed the subject. ,,No problem Yuki Onee-chan," she said proudly. Felis went ahead and we followed her back to the lobby.

.

.

.

When we got back to the lobby the first thing I noticed was Raven talking to Griseo. Raven seemed to notice us as well and pointed at us. ,,What are you doing?" asked Mei. ,,Just having a random conversation to kill time,'' Raven replied. ,,You seem to be really good with kids," I said. ,,Not so much. I can't handle the one back there," Raven replied. As I looked past Raven, I saw Kosma standing there. ,,...See?" continued Raven. ,,Kosma, don't be mad. Miss Natasha is a good person. You have no reason to be upset,'' said Griseo. ,,Griseo, they shouldn't be seeking the Deep End. The secrets buried there are dangerous. They are dancing on knives...'' sighed Kosma. ,,No, knives are dangerous. So... there are no knives in the studio," Griseo objected. ,,...Forget it,'' said Kosma. Somehow the two seem to be like siblings. After the two of them left it was just Raven, Mei und me. 

Suddenly Mei fainted again and Raven and I just barely caught her. ,,What happened now?" asked Raven. ,,I don't know. It happened the last time she touched the pendant. Maybe it's Aponia again," I answered. ,,Have you met Aponia too?" asked Raven. ,,No. Felis had stopped me from touching the pendant. But Mei seems to be wary of Aponia," I explained. Raven nodded and suddenly shook Mei. ,,Hey, wake up Mei!" she said loudly. Mei sat up immediately when she woke up. ,,I'm sorry... I didn't mean to...'' Mei apologized. ,,It's okay. I explained to Raven why it happened," I reassured Mei. ,,What did Aponia say this time?" asked Raven. Mei seemed to think before shaking her head. ,,...No, she made it clear this time. She told me... I would die at her hands in 10 days,'' Mei replied. 

,,What?!" I gasped in shock.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 121 8
After the herrcher of the void is defeated by anti-entropy, Kiana is determined to fight back Schicksal after what they did to her. Kiana or K423 had...
181K 3.7K 34
Noah was a student in St Freya. He was assigned a task with two other people. These two people were his friends/Family, their names are Mei and Carol...
12.6K 483 41
Benares also known as Bella was about to drown herself at the frozen lake as she is about die from battling Shub-Niggurath, a mysterious girl saved...
64.8K 1.9K 22
[REWRITE] St. Freya Academy, a school built to help train Valkyries; girls who can wield extraordinary powers. This girls are humanity's answer to a...