FAMILY BEFORE ANYTHING - the...

By Sathvikaa03

The Abhimanyu Birla, who took up the responsibility of being a father for his three siblings when their fathe... More

CHARACTER SKETCH
CHARACTER SKETCH-2
CHARACTER SKETCH - 3
CHAPTER-01 SOMETHING GOOD IS GOING TO HAPPEN
CHAPTER-02 BEAUTY WITH BRAINS
CHAPTER -03 Family Dynamics
CHAPTER - 04 Abhimanyu's Concern (Part - 1)
CHAPTER- 04 Abhimanyu's Concern (Part - 2)
CHAPTER-05 AKSHARA WITH BIRLA SIBLINGS!
CHAPTER-06 AARAV'S MOTIVATION
CHAPTER - 07 MONTH LATER!
CHAPTER - 08 LOVE?
CHAPTER-09 RACE!
CHAPTER - 10 HEARTLESS BROTHER OR A RESPONSIBLE FATHER?!
CHAPTER-11 ARAV IN KITCHEN!
CHAPTER - 12 AKSHARA SINGHANIA!!??
CHAPTER-13 I TRUST YOU MORE THAN MYSELF!!
CHAPTER-14 DRUGS??!!!
CHAPTER - 15 FATHER??!!!
CHAPTER - 16 ACCIDENT??!!
CHAPTER-17 CHANGING DYNAMICS!!
CHAPTER - 18 SISTER!
CHAPTER - 19 STALKER?!!
CHAPTER - 19 STALKER (PART - 2)
CHAPTER - 20 THE ABHIMANYU BIRLA (PART -2)
CHAPTER - 21 MUCH NEEDED TALK!!
CHAPTER - 22 INTELLIGENCE REPORT!
CHAPTER - 23 ARYAN SINGHANIA!
CHAPTER - 23 ARYAN SINGHANIA (PART - 2)
CHAPTER - 24 FAMILY!!
CHAPTER - 25 UDAIPUR!!
CHAPTER - 26 STAGE IS SET!
CHAPTER - 27 PRINCESS OF UDAIPUR
CHAPTER - 28 BASKET BALL!!
CHAPTER - 29 DATE?????
CHAPTER - 30 DATE IT IS!!
CHAPTER - 31 AKSHARA'S PAST!!!
CHAPTER - 32 LIONESS DOESN'T STAY QUIET WHEN IT COMES TO HER CUB!!!
Author's note
BOOK - 2

CHAPTER - 20 THE ABHIMANYU BIRLA

3.8K 254 22
By Sathvikaa03

Abhimanyu was going out when Ajay stopped him – Bhaiyya, I will come with you please.

Abhimanyu – No Ajay.

Ajay – Nahi bhaiyya, you listen to me, Arav might need medical attention bhaiyya. Please mujhe aane dijiye.

Abhimanyu mind replayed all the visuals of Arav getting beaten badly and he agreed.

Abhimanyu and Ajay were about to leave when Arjun came there. He joined them with out any word. Abhimanyu was grateful for the support.

Arjun looked at his best friend. He was like a fuming volcano which was about to explode. Rajveer Randhawa did one thing which is neither forgettable nor forgivable in Abhimanyu Birla's books. He touched his child. Arjun knew Rajveer will beg for death but Abhimanyu will not give him that.

Abhimanyu was worried for his child. He just hit the gas to reach as fast as possible. His heart was beating in his mouth. He was trying very hard not to think of negative consequences.

They reached the location. Niel's vehicles also reached at the same time. Abhimanyu wanted to rush inside but Arjun and Ajay stopped him.

Arjun – Andar kitna khatra hai, hume nahi pata  Abhi. Let Neil go inside first.

Neil – Ha bhai, aap yahi pe rahiye. Me and my men will go inside first.

Abhimanyu raised his voice – Mera bacha andar hai. You want me to stand here? Are you out of your mind?

Ajay – Bhai, please....

Abhimanyu – Just move aside Ajay.

Arjun raised his voice – Just stop it Abhimanyu. Andar jaake kya karoge? Tum apne aap ko khatre me daal ke nahi bacha paoge apne bache ko. Just shut up and stay put.

Arjun's voice reached Abhimanyu's brain. Neil left inside to do his work. He is the bloody best in hiding and attacking the people. They will not even know from where did they get attacked.

Abhimanyu looked helplessly towards Arjun. Arjun hugged him tightly. His best friend was a self-made man. He couldn't see him helpless. The boy had his friend's heart. He prayed to God, for atleast his friend's sake, nothing should happen to Arav.

Arjun – Kuch nahi hoga Aru ko, Abhi. Please calm down.

Abhimanyu pulled back. He looked at Ajay. His brother looked very close to breakdown. He wished Arav was back with them before Ajay breaks down. He placed a hand on his shoulder to show a sign of support and assurance that he will not let anything happen to Arav.

Rajveer was beating Arav mercilessly but the boy didn't show any sign of fear as if he was not about to die. Rajveer got frustrated. He wanted to see fear in the kid's eyes. He thought he could see it very easily. As much as he heard about the boy. The boy was the heart of Abhimanyu Birla. Pampered spoiled innocent brat who is always protected from the harsh realities of the world. But the boy sitting in front of him was nothing like he heard. He didn't look like a 17 yr old kid.

Arav laughed when he saw Rajveer frustrated – Kya hua? Itni jaldi thak gaye?

Arav knew he couldn't afford more hits. He just needs to buy time.

Arav – Vaise I am advising you, just leave from here as quickly as possible. Agar bhaiyya yaha aagaye na, you will regret every hit you hit me now. You did a very big mistake Rajveer. You tried to stalk my sister. You kidnapped me now. You even touched me. You are so gone Rajveer Randhawa. Agar bhaiyya yaha aagaye tho pata hai kya hoga? He will beat shit out of you. You will be begging for death when he will be done with you but he will not give you that. I just hope vo tumpe thoda rehem karke tumare bhai ki tarah tume bhi Birla Hospital me Admit karaye. 

Rajveer slapped him again. Arav laughed – This is all you can do Rajveer.

Rajveer removed his gun to shoot Arav when he was shot on his knees and his people were dead in blink of an eye.

Abhimanyu ran inside hearing the bullet shots. Arjun and Ajay followed him.

Abhimanyu ran to Arav and freed him from ropes. Arav hugged him so tightly. His body was trembling. He was just holding onto a thread. Now that his brother is here, he could fall weak. He cried.

Abhimanyu pulled back and his anger flared up looking at his bruises. Ajay took over Arav and hugged him tightly. Abhimanyu went to Rajveer who was on ground hissing in pain. He lifted him up and slapped him repeatedly –How dare you, Rajveer? How dare you touch my child?

Arjun stopped Abhimanyu before he could kill Rajveer right there.

Abhimanyu – Hato Arjun,

Arjun – Calm down Abhi. We will take care of Rajveer later. Arav needs medical attention. Bring him down, I will start the car.

Abhimanyu looked at Arav. He calmed himself down and looked at Neil. Neil nodded. He enjoyed torturing idiots like Rajveer.

Abhimanyu went to Arav who was leaning into Ajay's embrace and gently guided him outwards.

Rajveer looked at the gun in the hands of one of Neil's men. He pushed him aside snatching the gun and aimed at Arav and pulled the trigger.

Abhimanyu who saw this immediately stood in front of Arav to shield him just as he promised his dying mother. Niel kicked rajveer so hard that he lost consciousness but the damage was already done.

Arjun who was going towards the car heard the shot and ran inside. His friend was lying there in pool of blood. 

Ajay ran to him.

Ajay ran to Abhimanyu – Bhaiyya....

Arav was frozen in his spot. His mind still didn't process what just happened in front of him. Arjun ran to his friend. His friend got shot near heart.

Abhimanyu was struggling to breath. His eyes were feeling so heavy. He felt his life slowly leaving away from his body. He just wanted to hug his siblings one last time.

He looked at his child who was frozen in spot. He tried to call him but he was not able to talk. Arjun understood that his friend wanted to talk to Arav. He looked at Arav. The boy looked lifeless. His heart went out for the boy. But there was no easy way doing this. His friend needed medical attention. Ajay and Arav were not in a position to help him. He looked at Niel.

Arjun – Abhi needs medical attention Ajay. we need to take him to the hospital. Your brother needs you now, Ajay. Don't break please.

Ajay composed himself. His brother needs him to be strong. Neil and Ajay lifted Abhimanyu and brought into the car. Arjun caught Arav's hand and dragged him out. He didn't have time to coax the boy right now. Arav sat in the seat with his bhaiyya's head on his lap. His face was still emotion less. Arjun was driving the car. Where Ajay was sitting in the back seat with Abhimanyu's legs on his lap. He put cotton on the wound to stop the bleeding. (The car was big enough guys. Don't ask me How?)

Abhimanyu caressed Arav's face – bacha...

That one word undid Arav. He cried. Sobs wrecked his body.

Abhimanyu couldn't see his child in tears – Please.. do...n'tcry ba..cha...

Abhimanyu's eyes were heavy. Ajay – please don't close your eyes, bhaiyya. Aankhe khule rakhiye please. Fight for us bhaiyya, please.

Abhimanyu struggled to keep his eyes open. He wanted to fight for his brothers who were crying. He wanted to fight for his princess who was waiting for him. He wanted to fight for the promise he made to Akshara.

Arav – Please bhaiyya. Don't close your eyes. I can't lose you bhaiyya. Please fight for me bhaiyya. Please...

Tears escaped Abhimanyu's eyes. He wanted to live. He wished to cook chicken for Arav one last time. He wished to scold Ajay for not taking care of his health being a doctor himself. He wished to see Anya shaking the business world. He wished to confess his feelings to Akshara. He wanted to see them one last time.

Abhimanyu gasped – Anya...... Akshara

Arjun – They are on their way to Birla Hospital Abhi. I called them.

He didn't know if he could make it alive. He didn't wish to leave his children alone. He didn't wish to leave Arav alone to face the harsh realities of the world. His child was so innocent. He completely raised the boy on his own. He was his responsibility. He didn't want to leave him behind.

Abhimanyu – Apna khayal rakhna... aru

Arav crying – Aap honge mere khayal rakhne ke liye bhaiyya. Mujhe apna khayal nahi rakhna. Aapko kuch nahi hoga. Please aise baat mat kijiye.

Arav – Please don't...... cry Aru.

Arav leaned into his brother's embrace and cried. He didn't wish to become an orphan. Yes, he would become an orphan if something happened to his bhaiyya. He was the only parent he ever had.

They reached the hospital. He was shifted on to a stretcher but Abhimanyu didn't let go of Arav's hand. He didn't wish to leave Arav alone in this world. He knew Anya and Ajay would love him with their life but it was not enough. Arav needed assurances.

Anya and Akshara reached the hospital. Anya ran towards Abhimanyu was on stretcher which is rolling towards OT.

Abhimanyu looked at her – Don't cry... Anu. You need to be .... Brave. Tume hi apne Bhaiyyu aur Aru ko sambhalna hai.

Anya shook her head and cried.

Akshara was beside Arav. Tears were flowing continuously. Abhimanyu looked at her.

Abhimanyu lifted his hand. Akshara caught it immediately. Abhimanyu struggling to breathe – I LOVE YOU...... Akshara

Akshara cried. She was about to say those words to him if he came back safely.

Abhimanyu – Mere bachon ka ..... khayal rakhna..

Akshara shook her head – Aapke bache hai Abhi. Aap hi khayal rakhna unka. Please Abhi, you promised me that you will come back to me. Please don't give up.

Abhimanyu – Khud ka bhi khayal rakhna Akshara.

Akshara cried. Abhimanyu was rolled into the OT. Ajay changed into Scrubs and came back. He was in no position to handle surgery but he can atleast help them.

Dr. Gauri Vardhan Trivedi, one of the best cardiologists prepared herself for surgery.

Ajay and Gauri rushed into the OT.

Akshara composed herself. Anya was crying very badly. Arav was crying leaning into Arjun's embrace. He was bruised badly. He needed medical attention. She went to Arav. He hugged her as soon as he saw her.

Akshara controlled her tears – Shh. Rona nahi hai bacha. Tumhare bhaiyya ko kuch nahi hoga. Vo tumhe chodke nahi jayenge.

Arav felt dizzy. Akshara was saying something but he couldn't make out a single word. He felt world spinning around him. and then everything blacked out.

Arav lost consciousness scaring Anya, Akshara and Arjun.

Dr. Neeraj was treating Arav. Anya, Arjun and Akshara were waiting outside tensed. Doc came outside. They immediately ran to him.

Doc – nothing to worry. His left hand is fractured and his ribs were bruised. He needs rest. He lost conscious as he was stressed. I gave him sedatives. He will wake up in 3 to 4 hrs.

Anya sighed in relief. Omkara, Akash and Arjun reached the hospital.

Arjun sat beside Anya and pulled her to his chest. She was as much as a sister to him as she is to Abhimanyu. Anya leaned into his embrace seeking the brotherly warmth which was very much needed to her right now.

Anika looked at her sister. She was sitting lifeless in front of OT. Anika knew if Akshara loved anyone, she would give her everything to them. But she didn't understand why did she leave her alone when she needed her the most. But it was not the time to dig the past. Her sister needs her right now. She sat beside Akshara and squeezed her hand. Akshara looked at her sister. She leaned into her embrace for some support. Anika patted her head –Kuch nahi hoga Abhi ko, Akshu. Don't fall weak.

Akshara closed her eyes to control the tears. Akash and Omkara left to canteen to bring some coffee. Anya and Akshara looked like they needed one.

Anika and Arjun coaxed them to drink the coffee.

It has been 6 hrs Abhimanyu was in OT. Doctors had to sedate Arav once again as he was getting agitated to go to Abhimanyu.

Arjun and Anika stood strong for Anya and Akshara. Anya placed her head on Akshara's lap looking at OT longingly.

Ajay came out. He was looking drained out. Gauri also came out after him.

Arjun went to Gauri – Abhi kaisa hai gauri?

Gauri – He is stable now, bhaiyya. Bullet is removed but upcoming 24 hrs are very crucial. Agar, vo nahi uthe tho he may slip into comah.

Anya staggered. Akshara caught her – kuch nahi hoga Abhi ko, Anu. He will come back to us. He promised us, Anu. And The Abhimanyu Birla we all know will always abide by his words. Unhe humare paas vapas ana hi hoga. Be strong, Anu. We will have to handle Arav as well.

Anya nodded and looked at Ajay. Her bhaiyyu didn't even speak a word till now. She went to him.

Anya – Kuch nahi hoga na, bhaiyya ko bhaiyyu?

Ajay just hugged her tightly. What could he say her? the doctor in him knew his bhaiyya is critical but the brother in him just wanted his bhaiyya awake. All this was getting very hard for him to handle. He moved away. He knew Akshara will handle her sister. He needed to calm himself down.

Ajay came out and sat on a bench in garden. He was emotionally drained. He didn't feel like this even when he found about his father's truth.

Memories clouded....

14 yrs ago

Ajay was 12. Abhimanyu was 18. Anya was 8 and Arav was 3.

Harshvardhan Birla so far managed not to verbally or physically abuse Manjari except in front of Abhimanyu as he already knows the truth. He didn't want his remaining children also to hate him just his elder son but never once he thought he should stop abusing their mother. For him, Manjari was just a useless worthless singer whose profession was not worth his status but he had to marry her in order to full his dreams.

Manjari's father, Vishal Vardhaan Roy was a very big business man. Harshvardhan Birla was a normal human being with a PhD degree in his hands. He always wanted to open a hospital after his mother's death due to illness. He made a very good plan and went to Vishal Roy for him to invest. Vishal liked the plan very much. Vishal knew Harshvardhan Birla will bring him good returns. He thought if he gets his daughter married to him, his daughter would be happy. He offered to invest with this condition. 

Harsh gladly accepted the offer thinking that Vishal was talking about his elder daughter Dr. Mahima Vardhaan Roy, who would be equal to his status. But not until he sat on the mandap, he didn't know Vishal was talking about his younger daughter Manjari Vardhaan Roy, who has interest in singing. But he couldn't walk out from the mandap neither he could let his dreams shatter.

From then, he treated Manjari like a door mat, shattering her dreams. He knew Manjari was very soft. He also knew she wouldn't tell this to her father but for safety, he made her pregnant so that she is bound to him for life. He can't lose her as all the hospital's names were on Manjari's name. He used her in every way possible for his physical and financial needs. It was very unfortunate of him that his elder son found out about his abuse when he was 8.

Manjari's father Vishal died when Abhimanyu was 11.Harsh forced his wife to transfer all the properties on to his name. but she stood adamant with her Abhi's support. Abhimanyu threatened his father that he would complain to police if he ever again forced his mother. Harsh stepped back fearing his 11 yr old son and his reputation.

But that day stars were not in the favour of Harsh. Abhimanyu took 8 yr old Anya and 3yr old Arav to walk. Ajay just came home returning from Oberoi mansion. Ajay immediately went to his bhaiyya's room but he didn't find his bhaiyya there. He went to Anya's room. His sister was also not there. He understood both might have gone to walk with Arav. He was going to his mother to complain that her sons and daughter left him alone and went to walk. He went to his mother's room but was pleasantly surprised to see his father there. Soon, surprise turned into shock when he saw his father slapping his mother. He never saw that before. He knew that his bhaiyya and his papa were not in talking terms but he never knew the reason behind it. His father whom he knew all these 12 yrs was nothing but gentle to him. Something broke inside him when he saw his father's monstrous side. He was scared. He was scared that his father might hit him too. He ran to his bhaiyya's room as it was his safety heaven whenever he was scared. Harsh was too busy to comprehend his surroundings.

Abhimanyu came back and put Anya and Arav to sleep in Anya's room and went to his room. He was surprised to see Ajay there – Aju, kab aaya tu?

Ajay startled him by hugging him tightly. He cried. His body was trembling.

Abhimanyu tensed – shh. Rote nahi bacha. Kya hua? Kisine kuch kaha? Mumma ne daati? Om ke saath jagada hua tera? Kya hua bacha? RO kyu raha hai?

That is when Abhimanyu heard his father yelling on his mother. Ajay snuggled more into Abhimanyu with fear. Abhimanyu's anger flared up.

He pulled back from Ajay and wiped his tears. It is time for his brother to accept reality. There is no easy way doing this. Ajay might break down. But he was there to hold him tight.

Abhimanyu – Shh. Rote nahi. Mumma ko meri zarurat hai, Aju. Tum yahi raho. Stay put. Don't get scared, Aju. Jab tak mai hu, tume darne ki zarurat nahi hai. Okay?  

Ajay nodded.

Abhimanyu saw his father slapping her mother.

Abhimanyu shouted – Sir...

Harsh stopped in his tracks.

Abhimanyu stood in front of his father shielding his mother.

Abhimanyu in calmly deceptive voice – GET OUT.

Harsh was shocked – Kya?

Abhimanyu – suna nahi aapne. Ya aap ko English samajme nahi aati? Bahar jayiye.

Harsh – Tum mujhe mere ghar se nikaloge?

Abhimanyu – Mai aapko apne maa ke ghar se nikaal raha hu.

Manjari – Abhi...

Abhimanyu – No. Not today, maa. Bahut hogaya inka. Mere bhai aur behen abhi bhi aapko papa mante hai. Isiliye I don't want to call police. Leave before I lose my patience.

Harsh left fearing his elder son.

Manjari sat down on sofa and cried. Abhimanyu pulled her to his chest – It is time you stand for yourself, maa. Aaj Ajay ne dekh liya sir ko aap pe haat uthate huye. Please don't let my brother go through the same helplessness which I went through, maa. I beg you.

Manjari looked at her elder son. Arav started crying. Manjari left to him.

Abhimanyu came back to his room. He saw Ajay sleeping very peacefully. There were tear stains on his face. His brother cried himself into sleep. Abhimanyu felt like destroying his father but his mother wouldn't like that. 

After that, Ajay never talked to his father. He started hating him. His bhaiyya fought moon and back to make him smile after that.......

Ajay was brought out of his thoughts when somebody shook him. He saw Om sitting beside him. Om knew what his best friend might have been going through. Om hugged him tightly giving all the love and support. 

This chapter will have 2 parts. Part-2 tomorrow.

Comment on your favourite part.

Shower some love.

SATHVIKA.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.9K 2.2K 13
COMPLETED Story of Abhira 2.0 | Abhimanyu x Akshara ♡♡♡ Story of Abhira's separation and what lies beyond... ♡♡♡ #1 in HC (as on 4/12/22) #1 in PR (a...
24.1K 2.1K 30
Abhimanyu Birla, a non believer of love ends up meeting his complete opposite - Akshara, a hopeless romantic. What follows is a blossoming friendshi...
32.9K 1.9K 20
Just a random thought, penned up! What if akshu would have been straight-forward , and wouldn't have liked Abhimanyu,at their first 'Annoying' meet...