Lifeline (Harry Styles Fan Fi...

By GuiltByAssociation

"Maybe that's just it though." She smiled at him gently, but her eyes were full of sadness. "The best was sav... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Epilogue

Chapter 7

3.7K 41 3
By GuiltByAssociation

{Chapter 7}

One Direction FanFiction

"So are you and Zayn like a- thing?" Katie asked as she flipped the page of her Cosmo magazine.

Andrea turned away from the mirror where she was applying her mascara and looked over at her best friend lying in her bed. It was 2 in the afternoon, and unfortunately, it was raining outside.

4 days had passed at the house, and to Andrea, they all felt like a blur.

Their daily routines consisted of waking up, eating breakfast, going swimming, eating dinner and then going into town for drinks. Marissa had stopped by, just to check in to see how everything was going. So far everyone was having a wonderful time.

"I don't know." Andrea smirked shyly. Katie looked up from her magazine now, rolling her eyes.

"You obviously are." She sighed. "It's cute. Lucky bitch." Katie joked.

Andrea laughed and flipped Katie the bird as she turned back to the mirror.

"Hey now." Andrea chuckled. "I'm not the only lucky one. What about you and Harry?"

This time a disgusted gurgling noise came from the bed as Andrea looked at Katie's whose eyes rolled into the back of her head and she groaned.

Andrea bursted out in laughter at Katie's disgust.

"Did you seriously just say that? Come on Andy, I can't believe you just asked that." Katie scoffed, throwing her magazine to the side and flipping over onto her back to stare at the ceiling.

Outside the rain pelted against the window. They were the only two in the house because the boys had to go to a quick meeting with one of their managers to discuss who knows what.

"You two would be adorable together." She smiled to herself, finishing up the last of her makeup. "The way he looks at you...I think he secretly wants you."

"Well realistically though, who doesn't?" Katie smirked.

Andrea rolled her eyes and picked up the pillow at her feet and threw it at the brunette who only laughed harder.

"See! You guys are like the same person, you just don't want to accept that you'd be great together." Andrea laughed.

To her surprise Katie went quiet as she stared thoughtfully at the ceiling. Andrea noticed the small smile that crossed her face, as if she were suddenly in a world of her own.

Andrea cocked an eyebrow and walked towards the bed, sitting on the edge looking at her friend.

"Unless...." She spoke gently, the smile stretching further across her face. "Unless you've already accepted it."

This caused Katie to jump up and stare at Andrea in ridicule. Andrea smirked as she noticed the crimson red crawl up Katie's neck and pool in her cheeks.

"What!?" Katie gasped, flustered. "Absolutely not. Me and Harry do not get along, at all."

"What about the other night, when he wanted you to sit beside him on the couch during the movie we watched?" She asked. "Or when he let you borrow his sweater when we had the bonfire outside?"

Katie's face grew a deeper colour of red. "No! It's not like that!" She tumbled over her words awkwardly.

Andrea laughed and crossed her arms, giving her friend a condescending look.

"Yeah, okay. Whatever you say."

-

The boys got home an hour later, walking through the front door holding an endless amount of paper bags.

Katie looked up from the TV she watched from the couch as they made their way into the kitchen, yelling "We brought food!"

Katie jumped up from the couch, walking over to where Niall was already picking through the McDonalds bag.

Andrea came skipping down the stairs after smelling the fast food from her bedroom.

"What'd you get me?" Katie stood on her tip-toes as she eyed all the food that was being picked out of the bags and placed on the counter.

Zayn grabbed a Caesar salad with light dressing and handed it to Andrea, who smiled happily and kissed the boy on the cheek.

Liam turned to look at Katie, a smile on his face.

"This is yours." He said, pushing a Big Mac meal towards her. The fries were extra crispy and her drink was a Strawberry Milkshake.

"Yes!" She cheered, eustatic.

Liam laughed and Niall shoved his face with his fries.

"Harry ordered for you." He grinned with his mouth full, Katie grimaced as he chuckle more.

Surprise crossed Katie's face as she turned around to find Harry walking up behind her. He was wearing a pair of dark jeans and a maroon colour shirt with his beige trench coat over top. His hair was messier than usual from the rain outside and his eyes were still covered with his aviator glasses.

She smiled at him. "You know my McDonald's order?" She smirked. "That's a little suspicious Hazza."

He smiled right back. "I just knew you wouldn't like a salad or anything like that. Go big or go home, right Kat?"

She laughed even more as she turned her back to him, back to her food. Suddenly a gentle hand rested on the small of her back as he suddenly leaned down to whisper in her ear.

"Meet me in my room when you're done." He spoke softly. "I need help with something."

She nodded as she refused to turn to look at him. For some reason, that damn blush crawled back up her neck and to her face as she prayed no one would notice.

As he pulled away from her and grabbed his food off the counter, she dropped her head and concentrated on her french fries in front of her.

-

Katie climbed the stairs to Harry's room, stopping to knock gently at the door before pushing it open. She didn't know what he wanted help with, unless this was just some cheeky, weird, rapist way of making a move on her.

She almost laughed at her own thought as she pushed the door open to find Harry sitting on the edge of his bed with a guitar in his hand and a pad of paper beside him.

Sometimes his good looks took her by surprise, and she had to occasionally remind herself that he was real, and that he was sitting right in front of her. This was one of those times.

He looked up when she walked through the door slowly. His green eyes shined as he smiled at her. "You made it."

She chuckled back when he patted the space on the bed beside him, gesturing her to sit down.

"So what did you want help with?" She asked as she took a seat. He strummed a gentle cord on the guitar and a shiver ran up her spine. She had always loved the guitar.

She took one lesson when she was seven, but then she decided she'd rather ride horses instead of be a musician. Neither really ended up working out for her.

"We had a meeting today and we pretty much have to have a song written and ready to record for the 17th." Harry sighed, concentrating on his guitar. "We decided we'd all try and write our own and the boys have already began their chorus's, meanwhile I have nothing."

Katie looked down at the pad of paper beside him.

"Is this all you have?" She asked as she reached for the paper, he went to grab it from her but she was too quick.

"It's not-that's just-I don't know-" He stuttered as she read the only three lines on the page.

"There was a beautiful Cat,

who had the personality of a rat,

It liked sitting on mat's."

"Wow Harry." Katie said, keeping a straight face and turning to stare back into his green orbs that stared at her in embarrassment. "That's the most touching thing I have ever read."

"Fuck you." He laughed, elbowing her in the ribs playfully as she doubled over in laughter. "Maybe I shouldn't have asked you, jerk." He smiled.

Her laughter died down as she looked back up at him as he smiled down at her. Whenever she was beside Harry, she always felt like a little kid compared to him. He over-towered her.

"Harry if you going to write a song, it has to have a purpose." She spoke gently as he continued to stare at her.

A flush crept to her cheeks as she realized he was staring at her lips as she spoke.

"What kind of purpose?" He asked softly.

"It has to-" She spoke, getting suddenly lost as his face leaned in a bit closer to hers so she could feel his breath stir the loose strands of hair around her face gently. His breath smelt like mint. "-Mean something to you."

Suddenly, the bedroom door sung open aggressively and Niall stumbled in with a hand full of french fries.

"Guys, we're going down to the beach." he said, shoving more fries into his mouth. Harry and Katie awkwardly pulled away from each other . She was positive her face was just permanently red. Niall laughed. "Come on, let's go!"

When Niall turned around and left them alone again, Katie awkwardly cleared her throat.

A sharp vibration came from Harry's pocket as he swore under his breath and pulled out his phone from his pocket.

"Shit." He mumbled to himself as he opened the text, Katie didn't mean to look over and see who it was from, but she saw the name Emma across the top.

Suddenly she found herself standing up from the bed. She awkwardly tucked the piece of stray hair behind her ear as she looked at her feet, not wanting to make eye contact with the boy beside her.

It was time for her to remember just who she was and who he was. He was Harry, not only her friend who had great hair and hottest body but Harry Styles, the Harry Styles.

"I better go get ready or whatever." She mumbled, turning towards the door. Suddenly, she was beyond flustered.

She tripped over her own feet as she walked towards the bedroom door, trying to make a run for it. A sudden queasiness formed in her stomach but it wasn't a nausea she was familiar with.

It kind of felt like a hole in her chest.

Harry looked up from his phone and watched her with confused eyes as she quickly left the bedroom, closing the door behind her.

She was Katie Dessing, the plain-jane girl with cancer who was lucky enough to win a month with the boys, and he was Harry Styles.

The boy who could have anything or anyone he wanted.

And she had to remember that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4M 129K 45
Madison Baker is used to getting left behind. It's in her genetic pool or something. Which is why when her mother leaves her behind to go on a year-l...
103K 2K 32
16-year-old Jessica Campbelle is thrilled when she learns that she is to stay with her mother's friend for part of the summer holidays. She is even m...
47.2K 1.1K 24
An older brother with a hot, badass best friend who seems to be more attractive than he should.
From Up Here By K

Teen Fiction

79.7K 3.9K 31
It all started on a rooftop... "I'm not going to jump," I assure the stranger with a roll of my eyes before turning and planting my feet on the safe...