Magical (Niam AU)

By Potter_Who_1D

I don't know how to start this. My name? Liam James Payne. Where I am? Geez, stalker thoughts much? But, Engl... More

Magical (Niam AU)
Chapter 2: Lads, Lady and Liam (Niall's POV)
Chapter 3: Oh Hot Daym, Look at That Wizard Body Move (Niall and Zayn's POV)
Chapter 4: The Voice of an Angel (Liam's POV)
Chapter 5: Naughty Hazza (Louis' POV) {Larry}
Chapter 6: Fish, Fish, Fishy Fish! (Niall's POV)
Chapter 7: Yummy Naked Nialler and Backtracking (Liam's POV)
Chapter 8: Cleodora (Niall's POV)
Chapter 9: Kiss Me Slowly (Niall's POV)
Chapter 11: The Weekend With a Kiss (Niall's POV)
Chapter 12: He Loves Me Not (Liam's POV)
Chapter 13: He Loves Me (Niall's POV)
Chapter 14: Start of Something Good (Liam's POV)
Chapter 15: Love & Compassion (Harry's POV) {Larry}
Chapter 16: If I'm Gonna Fall In Love (Liam's POV)
Chapter 17: Calm Before the Storm (Liam's POV)
Chapter 18: Name it (Niall's POV)
Chapter 19: Plan it out (Liam's POV)
Chapter 20: Draw Away the Pain (May's POV)
Chapter 21: 34 Cousins (Niall's POV)
Chapter 22: A Mating Ball (Louis' POV) {Larry}
Chapter 23
Chapter 23: A Dinner With a Threat (Liam's POV)
Chapter 24: I Love You (Part 1) (Niall's POV)
Chapter 25: Okay (Liam's POV) (Part 2)
Chapter 26: Camp (Niall's POV)
Chapter 27: Magic (Liam's POV)
Q&A and Character Asks
Yo ho bros

Chapter 10: Hunting (May's POV)

9.4K 247 70
By Potter_Who_1D

I thought, as a little celebration for the 10th chapter (holy freaking shit) I'd do May's perspective. Heads up. I'm not responsible for possibly kill you with feels. Please do not sue :D ONWARDS MY FEZANTS!!! That's a type of bird. I KNOW THINGS. I think. 

Lucy xoxox

P.S. The photo on the side is of the school. What'd you guys think of it?

P.P.S. Sorry that there's not too much Niam :(

P.P.P.S. On the plus side, I have a week off of school, so I'll be updating as often as possible!!

-----------------------------------

-May's POV- 

"MAY!!" The four guys shouted at me, as I ate my food. 

"What?" I asked, my mouth full of food. I'm not lady-like. In any way. 

Liam rolled his eyes. "Chew and swallow. Then talk." 

 I purposely chewed loudly with my mouth open in his direction for a few moments, before eating normally. "Happy father?

He nodded. "Yes, child."

 The four others look at us strangely, before Zayn finally said something. "Well... That was a little weird." 

"Your face is a little weird." I immediately said back, not even thinking. 

Liam sighed, and hung his head. "Not this again... May, don't..." 

I pouted slightly. "It's a reflex!"

Niall's eyebrows shot up. "That's a reflex?" 

I shot him a look that said 'say anything more, and I'll tell Liam'. Ah. The great joys of blackmail... I should use it more often. It's a beauty. 

I rolled my eyes, before changing the topic. "Oi, Harry. Keep your mouth off of Louis so he can answer my question." Harry's bottom lip poked out slightly, but moved his lips away from Louis' skin. "Thank you." 

"Now, ask quickly." Harry added, smirking slightly, but that disappearing as Louis hit him in the chest. 

"HA!" I exclaimed, smirking devilishly. 

Louis gave me a pointed look. "Oi, you'll be next." 

I put my hands up in mock surrender, before asking my question. "So, when and were are your classes?" 

Louis thought about it for a  few seconds. "I believe we're... Out in the woods...? I think we're doing a game of hunt for the first 2 hours or so." 

"Hunt?" Niall asked, obviously confused. Even about Liam. Like, holy shit. Those two are made for each other! They're just.... Gah. Anyways. 

Lou nodded. "Yeah, we change into animals, and it's just a big game of predators chasing their prey. You have to change into whatever animal you're most comfortable with. It kind of sucks for me. Well," he paused for a moment, thinking about it. "I'm pretty comfortable as an eagle, which isn't too bad. But sometimes, we choose animals from a hat, so I might have to be something like a mouse." 

"Wait, so you mean, you hunt people and people hunt you?" Harry asked, clearly worried for his boyfriend's safety. God, their so freaking adorable together. 

Louis shrugged, and then nodded. "Yeah, it's not too bad." 

Harry frowned slightly, pulling Louis out of his chair, and into his own lap. I could feel my eyes got wide, and a fangirl attack coming on. "Ok, damn you two! You're so freaking adorkable!" I said, using my own word. 

Liam sighed heavily. "May... What are we going to do with you?" 

"Give me chocolate?" I asked, feigning innocence. His eyes widened. 

"Absolutely not. No." 

Zayn laughed softly, and I turned around and whacked him in the chest. His chest was rock solid, so I ended up hurting myself, instead of him. "Ow..." I muttered, frowning at him. 

Concern caved in on his eyes, and he took my hand into his own, and brought it up to his lips. He pressed them firmly onto the skin, his cool and smooth lips were exactly that. Cool and smooth. Practically the perfect lips. 

I felt the other's eyes on us, and a faint blush came onto my cheeks. I hung my head low, letting my dark hair cover my cheeks. Damn Zayn. Making me blush. 

"Anyways," Louis coughed. Oh god, I actually think I love the boy. He- amazing. "We should probably start heading out."

Grabbing the roll on my plate for the trip, I got up. "Who wants to piggy back me?" 

"No one." Niall grumbled, obviously still mad he had to carry me here. I tutted, well shaking my finger. 

"Now, now, Niall... We wouldn't want me to t-" 

His eyes shoot open in worry. "MAY!" 

Zayn, Liam, Harry and Louis looked at me curiously. "So, who wants to carry me?" 

Before Niall could (against his own will) offer to carry me, Zayn spoke up. "I'll do it." 

I smirked, as he got up and turned around. I did take a quick glance at his bum (what? It's a nice bum...) before jumping onto his back. "Now, move." 

 I swear, I could feel the boy roll his honey eyes... I loved guys with brown or golden-y honey eyes. It was hot. Not that I found Zayn hot. Nope. He was just a friend. A dead one, but still. A friend. S'all. Nothing more. 

As we walked towards the forest, I looked at all the dead people. I loved talking to them, some of them had such great stories and adventures they shared during when they lived. There was one boy, the same one I had saw on the day I met the guys, who was always following me around. 

"Hi May." He said. We usually didn't talk, just stayed beside each other. I didn't even know his name. 

I smiled the boy. He looked about eleven, with soft brown hair with bright green eyes. "Hey kid. I never got your name."

The others barley sparred me a glance, obviously too into their conversation about football (ugh, males.) "It's Henry." The boy said, smiling. 

"Well, hello Henry." I said, "what have you been up to on the other side mister? Caused any trouble?" 

He shook his head, but there was a small smile on his lips. "Not too much. Mum keeps me out of a lot of it." 

I looked at him, trying to keep the sympathy out of my eyes. I've learnt that not many ghost liked it when you look at them like that. "What happened to you and her?' 

"The house caught on fire, and I got stuck in it. My mum ran back into save me, but we were both killed." He said, not letting the past affect him. He was such a strong boy. 

"You poor but strong boy..." I said, not being able to help it. "So strong." 

He blushed slightly, looking down. "Y-You're very nice. Your boyfriend likes you very much." 

I laughed, smiling brightly at him. "Boyfriend?" 

"Yes. The one who's giving you a piggyback. He looks at you so... Lovingly." Henry nodded. 

I shook my head, a small smile still on my lips. "Oh, silly. We're not dating." 

He cocked his head to the side. "O-Oh. Well... He still looks at you lovingly." 

"You boy... Are very observant." I laughed, smiling. "Which two of the six of us are dating, do you think?" 

Henry snorted slightly. "Those two." He pointed to Harry and Louis, just as Harry kissed Louis' forehead. "And those two," he moved his finger to point at Niall and Liam, "like each other." 

I screamed slightly. That got looks from the others. "I know!!! I mean, they won't say anything about it, but it's so freaking obvious!" 

"What's obvious?" Niall asked. 

Henry laughed. "That you and him, like each other." He didn't care that they couldn't hear him. 

"Oh, Henry, Henry, Henry..." I sighed and laughed at the same time. He's a great kid. 

He put his hands up in mock surrender before winking and disappearing. "Who's Henry?" Zayn asked. 

"Just a ghost. He's such a sweet kid." I smiled.  

We had reached the forest by the time I had finished my sentence, and I was beginning to get a little creeped out. As a Necromancer, I tended to be very paranoid easily, and sketchy. I tightened my grasp around Zayn's torso and neck, burring my head into his back. "May, you ok?" Liam asked, sensing my discomfort. 

"It doesn't feel right..." I muttered. I was Necromancer. I wasn't good in forests. I was one of the things that stood against natures corse, and here, nature was stronger then ever. I could tell Zayn was slightly uncomfortable as well. Our bodies and powers didn't settle very well with nature. Just ain't how we roll. 

 Geez. That makes us sound like we're gay, or something. Not that's there's anything wrong with that. I  mean, have you seen me "awww"ing at Harry and Louis? They're perfect. I actually want to cry sometimes. 

 Liam nodded, his mouth going in a slightly 'o' shape (I'd bet he'd do that shape for Niall, too.... Ah, I crack myself up some times.) remembering the fact I stood against nature, and we were in a forest. "Oh, right." 

"What is it?" Louis asked, obviously confused. 

Zayn answered for the both of us. "We stand against nature. She sees dead things, I am a dead thing. Forest don't settle well with us." 

Louis' eyes widen in concern. "Do you guys not want to come? You can stay outside of the forest, we're only gonna be in here for an hour." 

"And miss all the fun?" I asked, smirking slightly. "No way." 

He shook his head, but was smiling slightly. We continued walking , all of us in our own little conversations (Zayn and I were talking about art, a common topic for us, Niall and Liam were talking about something, but it looked more like flirting, and Harry and Louis? I don't even want to know what they're talking about. Actually. That's a lie. I do.)

  We reached a clearing with a bunch of other students, and a boy with a leather jacket, slightly spiked up brown hair and very pale came up and hugged Louis' tightly. "Lou! Mate!" He laughed. 

Louis grinned, and hugged him back. "Stan! I thought you weren't getting here for another few weeks!" 

"Plans changed! Mum brought us back early." He shook his head slightly, still laughing. "I mean, though, I miss a few days of school, and suddenly everyone's mingling! I don't know wither or not to be happy about this." He paused, before winking, "Though, there's a cute brunette I could set you up with in my group. She's defiantly fit." 

Harry growled, and pulled Louis into him. Someone didn't like that  idea. "No.Harry said. Even though none of us were werewolves, we could hear the power in his voice. 

Louis turned around, so they were face to face. "Hazza." He whispered slightly, nudging their noses, "don't worry, I'd never leave you." 

Harry smiled, and quickly pecked his lips. "Woah, dude. Sorry." Stan said, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck, "Jesus, I even missed my best friend getting a boyfriend." 

"Mate." Harry corrected. 

Stan's eyes went wide, and he whistled lowly. "Don't let George find that one out." 

Louis' eyes widened, almost in fear of the name. "I-Isn't he not suppose to be allowed in the hunt? Remember what he did to poor old Sean?" 

Stan shook his head. "I know mate. But, they're letting him back in. You better hell 'n' hope that he doesn't target you." He looked back over at his group, who were currently waving him back over. "Look, I gotta go. But stay out of his way!" 

"Who's George?" Niall asked. "And why did he warn you to stay out of his way?"

Louis shook his head. "He's... No one." Harry was about to interrupt, when Louis cut him off. "Now, you guys should stay in the clearing. Mr. Selwood should be here any moment." 

 "Louis. Tell me who this George guy is." Harry demanded. 

Louis shook his head. "Honestly, it's nothing." 

I rolled my eyes. "Jesus hell, if it's nothing, just tells us." 

"He's just-" Louis started, before getting cut off by a rough voice. 

"OI! Tomlinfag, what's this I hear about your little ass getting a boyfriend? Didn't your mother ever tell you that's wrong? And disgusting?" It called, as a boy walked up. He had slightly quiffed up hair, with just a pair of shorts and tank top on. You could see tattoos on him, too. He was attractive enough, but right now, I was ready to ripe his head off. 

I jumped off of Zayn's back, and stalked towards him with an evil glint in my eyes. Just as I got close enough to punch him (which was what I was going to do) Liam held me back. "May, don't." 

He looked over at me and smirked. "A feisty girl, huh? I do like sass." 

"It's a good thing I don't like asshole then!" I hissed back, trying to shake Liam off of me. "I will ripe you to shards, boy." 

He walked forwards, obviously thinking he was stronger than me, and I could harm him, and stroked my face. That was enough to set me off.

I shook Liam off (who actually let me go) and charged at him. "You little bastard. Don't you dare touch me!" I said, before punching him and spitting on his face. I glared one last time, before turning around and walking back. 

"You little slut!" He yelled, still not moving towards me. I shrugged at his comment. 

"Slut, whore. I've been called them all." I said, laughing bitterly. "Now get your face out of my view before I destroy it." 

He said nothing, but stalked off. "That's George...." Louis mumbled form in Harry's arms. Harry must've pulled him in when he heard George's first comment, obviously trying to stop him from murdering George. 

Harry growled lowly. "He's Josh's cousin. I've seen him before." He glared over to where George was, with his followers fawning over him, and glaring at me. I smiled sarcastically at him. 

Just as Louis was about to make a comment, a teacher walked into the clear. He had short cut, white hair, with a bright smile on his face. "Come around, come around!" 

"That's Mr. Selwood," Louis said, walking forward. 

"Now, I understand that we have some non-shifters here, so I'm going to ask you to stay in the clearing well we play 'hunt'" He said, looking around. "Now, we're going to be playing with the hat, so, Shifters, line up." 

Louis waved quickly to use, before jogging into line with Stan. "I don't have a good feeling about this. I think Boo might get hurt..." Harry mused quietly to me. 

I nodded. "I know what you mean. The George guy is seriously fishy." 

Louis was up to the hat now, and picked out a piece of paper. He read it over quickly, and showed it Stan, who laughed. Louis shook his head, but was smiling slightly, and jogged back over to us. "What'd you get?" Zayn asked. 

"Bunny." He laughed. 

"Bunny?" George's voice called, laughing. "It's as gay as you! Don't worry, though. I'll be hunting you." He snarled viciously at the end of his sentence. 

Louis' eyes went wide in fear. Harry pulled him behind his body. "Don't you dare touch my mate," 

George laughed, but there was an undertone of worry to it. "What are you going to do, runt?"

Harry's eyes flashed to gold (something I recognized as him losing control), but Louis grabbed his hand lightly. "Hazza, don't." He muttered quietly. 

His eyes softened slightly, but they were till gold. I could understand. Someone had threatened his mate. "Don't touch my mate.He repeated, still glaring at him. 

"Everyone!" Mr. Selwood called, cutting off George's reply. "Please go into the forms you were given."

Louis kissed Harry quickly, and Harry muttered something that sounded like 'good luck' to him. Louis nodded, and closed his eyes. Soon enough, he was back in his form of a little bunny. 

"You're just too damn cute!" I cooed, not being able to help myself. 

Louis' nose twitched, and he snuggled up against Harry's leg, waiting for Mr. Selwood to tell them to start. "Now, you all know the rules. I'll be up in the sky, watching. GO!" He called, and quickly transformed into a  kite (the bird) and flew up. Louis scampered off into the forest, and was gone. 

"Well, now what?" I asked after a few moments of quiet. 

"We wait, I guess." Zayn said. 

-------------

We had been waiting for about half an hour, when something finally happened. We were all laying on the ground, watching the clouds (Niall also happened to have his head on Liam's stomach. Freaking adorable.) when we heard a scream. 

Harry's eyes widen, and he shot up. "It's-It's Louis." 

I got up as well, the others following me in suit. "You don't know that for sure, Harry." 

He nodded. "I do. I know Louis, and that was his scream, and he's hurt." 

"He can't talk though." Zayn said, trying to calm him down. 

"It's Louis! I KNOW MY MATE, AND MY MATE IS HURT!" He yelled, losing all control. His eyes were a vibrant gold, and his body began shifting. 

"Go and find him." Niall squeaked, and that's all Harry needed to run off, shooting into the trees and what I guess was the direction of the scream. 

Liam started pacing back and forth. "What if it was Louis? What if he's hurt? What if Harry gets hurt? What if-" 

"LIAM!" Niall yelled, "Shush with the what if's." 

"I think we should follow them." I said, starting to get worried as well. 

Zayn nodded. "We should, but how?" 

I looked over at Liam, who seemed to be debating with himself. "What if you lose control? It's happened before." 

I sighed. "Liam, I won't." 

He sighed as well, before nodding. "Ok, ok. Do it." 

"Uh, do what?" Niall asked. 

I smirked slightly. "I'm going to summon a dead tracker dog." 

------------------

"Doesn't this take years of practice and supplies?" Niall asked worriedly, as I drew a circle in the ground. 

I shook my head, then paused for a moment. "Well, it should." I quickly grabbed a piece of Harry's ripped shirt, as well. I'd need that later on. 

"May's creepily good at this. She first raised a dead animal- a squirrel- when she was 6. That shouldn't even be possible." Liam said, sitting back.

I flipped my hair over my shoulder, and laughed. "I'm just special. Now, stand back." 

I sat in the middle of the circle, cross legged. I didn't need to do this, but it made it a little easier on me. I closed my eyes tightly, and breathed in slowly. "Resuscitabo mortuos suscitate, nunc. Duis vitae tergo praecipio tibi. Nos coniunge retro, canis semita. Ego Sustollam te now!" My voice also came out older, rougher, when I was summoning things. I focused on the incantation, when I felt the ground shake. I smiled slightly. "Rise canis semita, ego præcipio tibi!" I opened my eyes after the tremors had stopped. 

In front of me, was a dog. Not exactly the best looking dog. There were patches of skin missing, and you could see certain bits of the bone. I was used to it. "Dog of the track, I command thee to bring us to the owner of this smell." I place the piece of Harry's shirt in front of the dog and he sniffed it, and howled. 

The dog began running off in the direction Harry had gone, and the four of us ran after him. 

The dog ended up back at the school, and heading for the doors. "Why is it going into the school?" Niall asked. 

"No idea!" I laughed, and ran a little faster, trying to keep up. 

It ran into the building, and the halls were empty-ish, expect for a few students here or there, but they dodged out of the way, not wanting to get hit with a technically dead dog, and four teenagers. 

The dog reached the doors of the infirmary, and scratched at them. I placed my hand on it's head, and bent down to his level. "In here boy?" 

The dog whined and nodded. I pushed open the door and the dog ran in, and over to a bed where Harry was sitting beside, with his head in his hands, with nothing on but a pair of shorts. I ran over quickly. "Harry!" 

His head moved up when he heard my voice. His face was cover and tear tracks covered his face. "M-May..." He choked. 

I looked down at the bed he was currently sitting beside, and saw a little bunny, who's body was covered in blood. Tears sprang to my eyes. "H-He'll be al-alright."

Zayn stayed back, letting Niall and Liam comfort Harry when a woman came into the room. "Harr- oh. Hello." It was a plump woman, with her hair up in a tight bun. "I'm Ms. Almort, the nurse."

Harry looked over at her with big, tearful eyes. "H-He'll be f-fine, right?"

She smiled at Harry. "The boy will be perfectly fine. Maybe a broken bone or two, but nothing I can't fix in a few seconds. He'll just be asleep for, maybe, another half hour?" 

Harry let out a big sigh of relief, and looked back down at Louis, petting him softly. "Thank god..." He muttered, his eyes shinning with love. 

"And, Harry dear?" Ms. Almort smiled at him, "good job on finding your mate." 

He smiled at her as she left. "Do you know her well?" I asked curiously, absentmindedly petting the dog. 

Harry nodded. "I got beat up a lot, and well I healed quickly, I still came here. She's like a second mother to me- what the hell is that?" 

I looked at him confused, but then I realised he was talking about the tacker dog. "Oh! Him. We used him to track you down. I just don't have the heart to put him back under yet." 

The dog whined, and nuzzled into my hand slightly. "Why don't you just keep it as a spirit dog or something?" Niall asked. 

I thought about it, then lowered myself to his level. "How'd you like that, boy?" He barked loudly and happily. "I'll have to put the body down and under outside. I don't think Mrs. Almort would take lightly to having a dog corpus in her infirmary." 

-------------------

After I had walked the dog outside (who I had decided to name Mortuus, Latin for dead), and put him down, I came back into the room, with Liam and Niall flirt really badly. Like, seriously. 

Niall was laughing at something Liam had said, leaning into his body, and Liam was pulling Niall into him. 

"Bloody hell, go in the corner and make out already!" I said, laughed, and patting Mortuus' head. 

Niall blushed deeply, "what are you doing?" 

"Petting Mortuus, of course." Liam rolled his eyes at my choice of name. 

"Really May?" He laughed, ruffling his own hair. 

I rolled my eyes, and sat down on the edge of Louis' bed. "Yes, it makes sense! Of course I'm going to name the dead dog dead. It's natural." 

"Having a dead dog isn't natural." Zayn pointed out. 

I put my hand up in the stop motion, which was also the 'bitch please' motion. "You're not natural." 

He looked at me, giving me a 'duh' look. "No, really? What was you first guess?" 

I was about to answer, when Harry shot up. "Boobear!" He said, looking at the bunny. 

The bunny wiggled around, looking up at Harry before it turned back into Louis. "Wha- where am I?" 

"That idiot George tried to harm you." Harry growled, but there was the undertone of worry and 'what if' in his voice. 

Louis shook his head. "I should've known..." 

Ms. Almort walked, probably having heard us talking. "Ah, boy, you're up. Now, all of you, shoo. That includes you Harold." She said, pointing a finger at him. 

"But Ms. A-" He tried to protest. 

"No buts. Out, out, out." She insisted, shooing us out, and closing the Curran. 

Harry glared slightly at the curtains, but did nothing to move them. We waited for a few more moments, listening to the quiet mummers of Ms. Almort and Louis, before she finally opened the curtains to reveal a perfectly looking Louis. 

"He'll be fine, just give him this at dinner." She said, handing Harry a bottle."And no extra actives, mister." 

Louis and Harry's faces went beet red, and I burst out into laughter. "M-Ms. Almort!" Louis blushed. 

Harry shook his head, and but a comforting hand on Lou's back. "I can't say I promise to that one." He joked, winking at the end. Louis' face was even brighter now. 

"Hazza!" He whined, his face was beyond red as the 6 of us laughed. He pouted dramatically. "I won't kiss you." 

Harry stopped laughing immediately. "I'm sorry Boo." He mumbled, giving Lou an Eskimo kiss.

"AWWW!" I cooed, resisting the urge to pinch their cheeks. 

Lou ignored me at first, just smiling back at Harry, before turning to me. "You really don't know when to let people have a moment, do you?' 

--------------

We ended up just heading to dinner a little late (Ms. Almort held us back for awhile, wanting to catch up with Harry, and make sure Louis was going to be fine), and we had to sneak in as Mr. Higgins was talking. 

"... Now, we had a little incident today. I won't say any names, but, in the Shifter department, one Shifter harmed another." His eyes sweeping over the hall, "This is what I'm talking about, people! Not only are you harming other Powers, but you're hurting people in your own Power?! We're suppose to be united. A family." He paused, letting his eyes sweep over once more. "Think about that, students." He sat down, indicating everyone else to start. 

A low chatter began sweeper over the hall, and I thought about his words. I wasn't much of a person to get sentimental, but his words got me thinking. "A toast." I proposed, after a few moments. 

"For what?" Liam asked, dragging his eyes away from Niall (honestly, could you two at least try to be subtle?) 

"Friends. Family. Safety." I shrugged, raising my glass.

"Friends. Family. Safety." The five boys repeated, our glasses clinking in the middle. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 2.8K 17
"Why do you keep pretending you're afraid of me?" He hissed, obvious anger in his eyes. "Because Louis; if I'm not afraid of you I'll...
279K 10.9K 24
Since Louis's family died in a terrible car crash when he was eight, he was sent to live with his Uncle Simon and cousins, Zayn and Niall. His uncle...
8.6K 263 15
London was owned and terrorized by 5 young lads calling themselves: "Band of ExtraOrdinary Villains." They would destroy, annoy and scare people just...
10.4K 454 44
Louis Tomlinson. He is the typical ideal athlete at his school, Hayfield high school. Everyone thinks they know him. You know, a player with a big eg...