Phytoremediation

By StrangerFR

Basil begged his parents to let him move out of Faraway after his bullying got worse when the truth came out... More

Prologue
Cut my palms, and make me put white gloves on.
I'm not "that guy" anymore, and I made damn well sure he's dead.
I'm gripping the grass, and I'm pulling up daisies
Tomorrow's too late, Amen.
While I tied my boots like a tightrope noose
I lack ambition from the side, monsters eaten me
Thank matter for mass and the comfort of gravity
Shields himself from reason with a kevlar baby blue tuxedo
I am the shadows cast aside by the gallows and you, the red-hot sky
Here comes the sun, am I falling up?
Auf wiedersehen, au revoir, he gripped his wits right by their ends
Can you heal me? Have I gained too much?
The atmosphere changing colours by sheer force of will
It's better to be laughed at than wrong.
Cry my name, remind my brain of my identity
I'm still picking up my molars, and putting them back in my face
You're trying to replace yourself
Am I really that bad?
And if I change can I still stay me
Will you lead me straight to paradise?
Well, if winter comes and takes my life
Good times on Front Street
Glass half full, I'd probably just drink that too
I'm the Main Character, and you have to like me.
Well this is my lysergide daydream
Sober, but still so much hangs over
I'm not a flower, not a solar-powered calculator
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, but something will eventually
Everyone will see it. Everything's connected.
Don't you make me waste my breath
Colour makes us hungry, hunger makes us human
It's awful out here, Socrates.
A place you've seen before you were born.
Cry a hymn out in Hungarian harmonic
I'll turn up the heat if it's too much
To love one from too far to call
Bite your tongue and smile, stick around a while
Transcript C71096I5a
I'm done pounding my head against the kitchen floor
One more or one less, nobody's worried
Under a Monochrome Sky
Woke up smiling like I blacked out in Glasgow
Life is just okay out here, anyone can see
The overwhelming harmony, consuming the colony
This is a triumph
I'm only passing through (that was fun, goodbye!)
The one you could not have killed.
Damn that oxymoron...
This suit doesn't fit me, I made it myself counterfeit-ly
No I don't believe, there's a place I can call.
By your side
The circle rules your mind
How bad can I possibly be? Let's see.
And god damn it, we liked it.
Mortem Obire
Right by my side
I got Anubis on my back, and something in my shoe
Transcript B29070067SI1a
Well isn't it funny? But not "haha" funny, but, y'know, "funny"
Culture's not your friend.
Praying you might die before I fall in love with you.
I just like you a little more than me
Could you airbrush my scars?
Something glowing
To see how the fire side of us burns.
It might be heaven & it might be hell
Lost in my reverie
Tell me where I came from, what I will always be.
Live long and prosper while the winter melts away
TWO TRUCKS HAVING SEX
Business as usual
Two's company, tea's a crowd
Don't mean to bug, but I thought I'd tell you that your shoes are untied
A picture of you, killing me, with deja vu
Neither of us will be missed
Now my body's on land but my heart will reside
Shame on a martyr claiming friends
Gone fission
Come back again to make things stand
I can tell it's there by the way it's not quite there
The limits of your mind
So don't apologize when you turn blue and cold
When you become untouchable you're unable to touch
Pianissimo, più Pianissimo

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

556 28 33
By StrangerFR

Basil followed Mr. Newbury out of the office. "So, the office obviously was where we just left. The office ladies are Mrs. Yao and Ms. Po, and then our Vice Principal... eh... hmm... his last name is a difficult one, I always forget how to pronounce it. We just call him Mr. P."

Basil nodded, and walked with him towards the lobby again.

"So, Basil, this is our lobby. The green doors here are for the primary gym, and down past the office is our counseling services. We just started them last year, you know. Now follow me down red hallway." He said.

He was quite the talkative type, in comparison to Basil's reserved and anxious demeanour.

"We have colour coded hallways, so you'll see each room's number will be coloured for each hall. So Basil, I heard you only just recently moved to Nearburgh!" Mr. Newbury said, prompting Basil to speak.

"Yeah... only a week or two ago, I think. I'm not that good with time..." Basil softly responded.

"You chose a good city, then Basil. Nearburgh's a real nice place. Between you and me, probably the least homophobic city in the province." He chuckled at the last comment, "Don't tell anyone back in Guangzhou I told you that, though, they wouldn't be in agreement."

Basil laughed, Mr. Newbury's warm laughter was contagious enough. He seemed like a sort of grandpa figure. "Now, Basil, the lockers for students in your grade are usually in the green hallway, which is right over here," he gestured to a connected hallway, "I think we have a very easy to understand navigation system, if you ever get lost you can just look at the nearest door to know where you are, after all. The second floor is all grade 11 and 12 electives, and they all are just denoted as "2F" on your schedule sheets, so no need to worry. Stairs are at the end of this hall, and also by all the bus entrances. So Basil, since we're talking about lockers, do you know anyone already enrolled here?"

"Um... yeah, I know... um... Sunny Whitbaker. He's my friend" Basil said a bit awkwardly.

"Ah, I see, both from Faraway I presume?" Mr. Newbury nodded thoughtfully, "Now, is this just a friend, or a friend friend?"

Basil cheeks dyed a subtle pink at this notion, "No, no, he's not like, my boyfriend or anything!" Basil explained, before quieting down and leaning in slightly, "I... I sort of have a crush, I guess, but like... it's nothing too big, so you don't need to worry if he'll distract me."

"No, no, just wondering if I could make your experience here a bit more enjoyable, as long as I don't hear any complaints from Sunny, the situation should work out fine." He chuckled again, Basil blushed deeper, thinking about Sunny, "This is also a great time to ask you to mention to your mother about how school donations are open." He winked jokingly at Basil, making him laugh.

Suddenly a middle-aged white man approached. Visibly in his 40s, but not exactly aged poorly, still having a full head of hair, and also not being morbidly obese or covered in facial wrinkles like the only other 3 middle aged white men he met in his life.

My da- er, Heath, the weird news reporter, and Uncle Tommy.

Basil shook his head, and looked to the man, who Mr. Newbury greeted. "Ah, Robin, great to see you, this is our newest student, Basil!"

"Hello there, Basil, good to meet you." He delivered everything really unnaturally, but it probably wasn't his first language, so Basil ignored it. "I'm Mr. Pea-tur-sen, but you can call me Mr. P."

Wow, that is a weird name.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. P!" Basil didn't really feel like even trying that last name. English was too weird for him.

"Now Basil, I think you've seen everything relevant. I'll just mention, we're currently a part of a psychological therapy testing program. Basically they're trying to find new and effective methods of treatment for people with disorders like gender dysphoria, schizophrenia, and other similar personality disorders. I heard you said "schizoaffective disorder" so if you'd ever feel the need while in school, you can come down to the office, and you can meet with a counselor and they can help you out." Mr. Nearbury smiled at Basil.

"Ah, thank you." Basil smiled back. They returned to the office, and Basil's smile faded as he remembered who was driving him home.

Michelle motioned with hushing and waving away at the principal and Basil, pointing at her phone sharply. It seemed she forgot whose office she was in.

"I'm gonna have to get back to you, Shauna, I'm glad to hear the Norway deal went through! I'm sure those silly fjord guys will love your stuff! Bye bye, hun!" Michelle hung up, then turned to Basil, "Well?"

"The tour's done..." Basil quickly mentioned to his mother, "Also can you donate to the school a bit?"

"Sure whatever, here." She wrote a cheque for 100,000 yuan and threw it on the table in Mr. Newbury's office, then headed out the door.

Basil made a little thumbs up to Mr. Newbury. He chuckled a bit, then went into his office, "Have a good rest of your week, Basil. I think you'll do well in this school. Tell your mother thank you for her generosity, and thanks to you too, hah!"

"I just hope it helped, heh..." Basil left the school, and followed his mother into the mini-limo.

"Alright Basil, I called a repairman for your boyfriend's little trash house. Can't have your boyfriend living in the cold." Michelle said, still staring at her phone.

"Okay..." Basil looked into his lap. Basil beat himself up inside for not dragging Sunny and Mikhael out of there at the first sign of danger.

If we didn't stay there so long, Yuri wouldn't've gone after Sunny and Mikhael... I'm such an idiot.

Suddenly, a force decided to take control of Basil, unknown to him.

Yeah, it's another cliffhanger. Stupid author can't write a good chapter ending without one of these self-indulgent fourth-wall breaking parts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 4.3K 32
Sunny waits for Basil to wake up inside the hospital after all his friends have left, his heart full of unresolved feelings for the boy who held his...
49.4K 420 28
2 years after the good ending of omori, sunny is going to college and after all that long time he finds kel, basil and Aubrey going to the same colle...
177K 8.6K 90
Xiao Zhan's parents were common servants in the Wang mansion. Mr. Xiao was Mr. Wang's driver, while Mrs.Xiao was a cook. They both met and fell in lo...
11.5K 247 10
Sunflower= Sunny x Basil btw (Mari is not dead, because we love Mari, at least I do) This is a yandere Au inspired by the game I discovered about 2 w...