The Rising Star - Alexia Pute...

By steffi209

Eleanore Queen is the upcoming rising star for both her club and national team. Recruted by the Arsenal Acade... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81
Part 82
Part 83
Part 84
Part 85
Part 86
Part 87
Part 88
Part 89
Part 90
Part 91
Part 92
Part 93
Part 94
Part 95
Part 96
Part 97
Part 98
Part 99
Part 100
Part 101
Part 102
Part 103
Part 104
Part 105
Part 106
Part 107
Part 108
Part 109
Part 110
Part 111
Part 112
Part 113
Part 114
Part 115
Part 116
Part 117
Part 118
Part 119
Part 120
Part 121
Part 122
Part 123
Part 124
Part 125
Part 126
Part 127
Part 128
Part 129
Part 130
Part 131
Part 132
Part 133
Part 134
Part 135
Part 136
Part 137
Part 138
Part 139

part 46

7.3K 208 33
By steffi209

Today was the day. The day we could become the champions of the WSL. We were all in the locker room after our warm ups getting ready to get out there. I checked my phone for a final time and saw I had a message from Alexia wishing me luck for my last game and to kick ass. I quickly replied to her with a short thank you. I was in the process of putting my phone away when Kim walked up to me with the captain's band in her hands.

"I think you're forgetting something." She smirked at my confusion.

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows at the Scottish girl.

"It's your last game for the team and you never got to be the captain. Seems only fitting that you wear the band today and before you say anything, everyone here agrees." She grabbed my arm and slipped the band on.

"There, perfect." She gave me a smile. I stood up and hugged my former captain.

"Thanks Kimmie."

"You can thank me by scoring a goal and lifting that cup."

After everyone was ready we lined up in the tunnel, waiting to walk out. Steph stood besides me and gave me a wink. 

The ref started walking and I led my team out on the pitch but before the game started Alex walked out with a microphone.

"Ladies and gentlemen, before we start this game I would like to steal a few minutes of your time because as you all know one of the greatest to ever wear an Arsenal shirt is playing her last game for her club today. We and her teammates thought that that could not go by unnoticed. So here we are. Ellie, can you please come up here?"

I shook my head laughing at my teammates hauling at me. I should have known they were gonna do something. Alex pulled me into a side hug when I reached her.

"I'm gonna keep it short because I know you don't like being the center of attention so I just want to say a few things in the names of the players, staff and fans. We just really wanna thank you for everything you did for this club. In the time you were here, with your cheeky smile, your kind heart, your great sense of humor and your unraveled football skill, you managed to capture the hearts of not only your teammates and the staff but also many fans here in the stadium. Judging by the looks on the Man City girls you even wormed your way into their hearts." Alex said, laughing and pulling me a little closer to her.

I laughed at what she said and looked around. I looked at my teammates and the other girls on the field, I looked at fans and they were all standing on their feet smiling, laughing and yelling in joy. I tried to soak it all up for the last time.

"You were an absolute joy to have around. You gave it your all each time and never asked for anything in return. Even though you're only twenty, soon twenty one you truly became an Arsenal legend. To remind you of that, we have a gift and who better to give you that gift than your biggest fan himself."

She turned around and faced the tunnels. In surprise I turned around as well. Out of the tunnel came my little brother accompanied by my family with his Arsenal jersey with the number 7 and Queen on the back out of the tunnel. In his hands he was carrying a framed shirt with the number 103 on it. He walked over to me, barely being able to carry the frame. 

"This is for you." He said in the cutest voice. I grabbed the frame from him and placed it down against my leg so I was able to hug him.

"Thanks monkey." He kissed my cheek. I put him back on the ground and inspected the framed jersey I had just received. On it were all the signatures from all of my teammates with little messages on them. When I was admiring the jersey Alex came back standing right next to me.

"We're not done just yet, we have one more surprise." She said, making my head snap up to look at her. Alex simply pointed towards the tunnel again and I couldn't believe my eyes. There stood the Press family and Kristie Mewis.

Before Stacy died she had told me that she and the family had tickets to come out and see my last game but when she died I just assumed that they would stay at home.

I ran up to them and pulled them in a hug. If I had tears in my eyes when I received the shirt and saw my parents, they were now fully coming out.

"You didn't think we would miss this did you? She would have kicked my ass." Cody chuckled.

I greeted the three Press siblings and then went to the older Mewis sister.

"Don't you have a game to play somewhere in the States?" I raised a brow.

"Well you know it's not everyday your best friend might win a league so. Besides, thank Christen after the game. They had a spare ticket." She said sadly."

After I had greeted my family, the photographer ushered us in to take a picture. First with my family, then one with the Press family, both families together, one with Kristie and I demanded one with the whole team as well. When that was all done, Alex took me aside for a final time.

"That was all for the surprises. Is there anything you want to say?" She asked, handing me the mic.

"Uhm well yeah. First of all I'm not really good with words but let's just try shall we and well bear with me. I want to thank the staff for everything that they have done for me over the years." I said turning towards the bench where most of the staff was seated.

"You guys have looked after me every single day since my arrival here. Because of the professional environment you created I was able to grow as a player and I will never forget where I came from. I want to thank Joe for always believing in me and pushing me to be better." I pointed at him and he pointed right back, giving me a wink.

"Then there are my teammates, man where do I start? You guys aren't just my teammates, over the years you simply became family. During the darkest moment of my life you guys were always by my side and I will be forever grateful for that." I turned to look at them and blew them a kiss.

I turned towards the Man City girls.

"I also want to thank all the players I have played against. Because of you guys I push myself everyday to be the best no matter how hard I try to convince everyone that I'm not that competitive." This made a lot of people laugh.

"But most of all you inspired me to keep fighting for the game we love. So thank you for improving the game with me."

For the final part I turned to the fans.

"Last but not least the fans. There are not enough words in the dictionary to describe how thankful I am for you. You took a chance on a young American, welcomed me with open arms and made this place my home. You showed me your support each time and again and I am so immensely grateful for that. Thank you for your support throughout the years and thank you for making me feel like I belonged here. I will never forget you. Once a gunner, always a gunner." I said, struggling to keep the tears at bay.

I gave the mic back to Alex who pulled me into a final hug before the game. I met the referees and Steph in the center of the field.

"That armband looks good on you." Steph smirked when I approached her.

I looked down at the armband that was neatly wrapped around my arm, chuckling in the process. "It's just for this occasion."

"Maybe, but I believe it's not gonna be the last time you're gonna wear it."

"Will see."

"I'm not supposed to say this but I'm proud of you kid." A proud smile on her face.

"Thanks Steph, for everything."

The referee greeted both of us and gave us some pointers and warnings in advance. We did the coin toss that Steph won.

"Looks like I won the first round." She held out her fist for me to bump

"Enjoy it, because it's the only thing you'll win today." I gave her a wink. 

"Good luck Queenie, you're gonna need it."

From the very first minutes it was obvious that winning wasn't gonna be easy. Manchester City showed us why it all came down to this game. However for some reason I felt confident, I felt confident that we would win.

I created chance after chance after chance but nothing seemed to work for our forwards. Not that they were playing badly or anything, quite the contrary but every time something was in the way, whether it was the goalkeeper or a foot or a knee from the other team.

It wasn't until the 83th minute that all of that changed.

Leah had the ball on our own side. I briefly made eye contact with her and I instantly understood what she wanted me to do. I made my run from the half line to the edge of the box, the ball landed perfectly in my path. I touched it one time so it was in a good position to take the shot.

This was it. It was just me and the goalkeeper with a defender in front of me. If I scored I could win the league with my team, something I worked so hard for. I had to score and I knew I would.

Without a second thought, I chipped the ball over the keeper and the defender. It felt like hours before the ball fell into the net but when it did, the whole stadium erupted.

I sprinted to the Arsenal fans. I slided on my knees and got straight up in the process. I balled my fists and screamed out of joy. Leah was the first to reach me and jumped on my back.

"You're a fucking hero!" She yelled out, tightening her grip around me.

Our teammates soon joined in on our celebration. Some of them even jumped on us too, causing me to fall. Kim was the one to help me up when everyone slowly made their way back to their positions. I turned around once more to the fans and mentioned for them to yell even louder.

For the last 8 or so minutes, City tried their best to level the score but luckily with no success. When the ref blew her whistle I fell down to the ground. I laid there on my back with my hands over my face, not quite believing that we did it. We're the champions of the WSL.

Leah ran to me and laid on top of me. She removed my hands and grabbed my face in hers.

"You did it!" She kissed my head.

"No, we fucking did it." I smiled at her. I had dreamed of this moment ever since I joined the Arsenal Academy and to make this dream a reality with my best friend by my side was simply an indescribable feeling.

Before we would celebrate with our teammates, me and Leah went to congratulate the City girls on their game. They were standing with their fans. I was currently talking to Georgia Stanway when the City fans suddenly started singing.

"We'll miss you Queenie, we'll do! We'll miss you Queenie, we'll do! We'll miss you Queenie, we'll do! Oooh Queenie, we'll miss you!"

The gesture brought tears to my eyes. Georgia swung her arm around my shoulder and pulled me into her. Soon the Arsenal fans joined in. The whole stadium was singing.

Jill walked up to me with a big, goofy smile on her face.

"You had to be extraordinary again, did you? Like you couldn't be, I don't know, mediocre or ordinary?" She swung her arm around my neck and held me in a headlock, ruffling my hair.

"You know me, I always like to outdo myself." I patted her arm in hopes she would let me go and eventually she did.

"Steph's right, the armband does suit you." She pulled a little on the captain's band.

"I guess."

"Go celebrate with your team. You have a trophy to lift." She gently pushed me towards my teammates. I was about to do what she had told me to do when I heard her yell my name again.

"Hey Queenie!" I turned around again. "You're gonna win it some day, you know."

I looked at her with a confused look. Which made her chuckle.

"The champions league," she specified. "You're gonna win it. I believe in you."

"I love you, Jilly"

"I love you too." We both went our separate ways until I remembered something.

"Ooh and Jill." I snapped my fingers and pointed at her. "You should open that coffee shop."

"Maybe I will do just that! Then you have to come visit me from time to time."

I simply waved at her and went back to my teammates. We greeted all the fans and tried to take as many pictures as we could before we were called back to the center of the field where they had built a small stage.

After receiving our medals, it was time to go get the trophy. I was standing with Leah, waiting for Kim to go when she looked my way.

"You know it's the captain's job to lift the trophy right? You're not done just yet." She laughed at me.

"What no, I can't do that. I'm normally not the captain, you are."

"Maybe but you're a big part as to why we have won and today you are the captain so go get that trophy." She smirked.

I went to get the trophy and climbed the stage with it. Waving the trophy around a little.

"What do you guys think? Shall we lift this baby into the air?" I smirked at my teammates who yelled in agreement.

"Together?" I looked at Kim.

"Together."

We lifted the trophy up a bit. "One!"

We lifted it up again. "Two!"

Again. "Three!"

"Champions baby!!" We finally lifted the trophy high into the air. Jumping up and down along my teammates. Everyone took turns taking a picture with the trophy. Our small group took one together and I and Leah took one as well.

"I'm so proud of you." My dad pulled me into a hug.

"Thanks dad."

I smiled at him as I greeted everyone. After I had hugged all of them, I gave them the address of the place the team had rented for the night. The families could meet up there with the players. We talked for a while till it was time to go.

In the locker room the party continued. There was singing, dancing, and champagne drinking. Needless to say it was chaotic. We eventually moved our party to the venue that the team had rented, our families already there.

We partied into the early hours of the next day. It was safe to say that Leah, Katie and I were completely wasted. The three of us were partners in crime, entertaining everyone at the party, pranking our teammates, doing karaoke and so on.

It was close to 4 o'clock when I found myself in a corner of a room that I did not recognize. Downside of wandering off all the time, making me the adventurous drunk of the group. Who am I kidding? Even sober I would do that. I sometimes have the attention span of a goldfish and I'm just too curious. Any back to the point.

I was sitting there replaying the last 24 hours in my head. It was finally sinking in that I had played my last game with the team that I thought would be my home till the end of my career and even beyond that. Truth be told, I never saw myself moving back to the States.

I took my phone out and pressed the FaceTime contact on my screen. Patiently waiting on the person to pick up, absolutely oblivious to the time.

I was met with a groan and a sleepy looking Alexia when it suddenly hit me.

"Eleanore? Are you okay? Did something happen? Where are you?" She frantically asked, clearly worried about why I would call her at this hour.

Somewhere in my mind I knew that she had just woken up but the alcohol in my system made it really hard to think reasonable.

"You look hot." I simply stated. That was probably the alcohol but nevertheless my alcoholic self was right, she did look hot. 

A blush spread along her cheeks. "Are you drunk?" She laid her head back down, more relaxed this time when she realized that I had drunk dialed her.

"What? Pft, noooo."

"That cute crinkle on your forehead says otherwise." She smirked.

For a split second I looked up as if I was able to see it myself without a mirror. Alexia burst out laughing at my antics while I just pouted at her.

"I just called you hot and this is how you repay me?"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It's just, it's cute."

"Cute? Just cute? Again I called you hot and all I get is a 'cute'?" I furrowed my eyebrows at her.

For a second she seemed to think about something, like she was trying to decide something.

"How drunk are you?" Her face was smiley but there was a hint of seriousness in her eyes.

"Okay fine, I am drunk." I said it way too dramatic.

"I know that." She chuckled. "But how drunk?"

"Well I probably won't remember anything since an hour or so ago. So I apologize in advance but you probably have to call me again tomorrow evening because I will be dead the whole day, to tell me what we talked about during this conversation." We both laughed.

"Then I guess I will call you tomorrow evening to first of all check that you're even still alive and then to fill you in on our conversation." She adjusted her phone against a pillow.

"Terrific, now back to the matter at hand. I'm just cute?! I feel offended by that. Look." I lifted up my shirt. "I have the abs to prove it."

Alexia stayed quiet for a moment, taking in the sight on her screen. She was not used to seeing this side of me. The carefree, unapologetic side was a side that I hid most of the time. Only very few saw that one but today the alcohol was to blame.

"Definitely not just cute." She mumbled, breaking her stare from the device in front of her.

"Then what am I?" I knew I was pushing it but again the alcohol caused me to just forget about logic and caution.

"Oh you're definitely hot."

"So I would be someone who you would do." I asked bluntly. For a second she hesitated. To her the answer was simple and easy but was she ready to share that with me?

"Am I someone you would do?" She repeated what I had just said in order to avoid answering.

Without hesitation I answered my own question.

"Definitely."

This caught her by surprise which caused a smirk to appear on my face.

"In fact I really wished you were here because if you were, I would have pinned you against that wall that I'm staring at right now and I would kiss you all over."

I stared intently at the screen, watching her reaction. There was a small intake of breath. She was completely caught off guard by my comment which made me smirk even more. I loved the effect my words had on her and I really wished she was here now.

"My hands would be on your hips. Slowly they would travel up alongside the sides of your body so I could pin your arms above your head with one hand. The other would go down to your hips again and then to your but. I would kiss you. At first on your lips, then the corner of your mouth, your jaw. I would move to your neck and take my time there to show you just how special you are. Then I would kiss you right below your ear, where I would whisper to you that I will make you feel like a queen tonight."

During the whole speech I never once broke eye contact with her, no doubt that my words were driving her crazy.

I liked my lips, thinking about the things I had just said and wishing she was here for it.

"Too bad you're not here."

"I'm really sad I'm not there now." She cleared her throat.

"Yeah, me too."

Alexia let out a yawn and I knew I had to let her go back to sleep even though I could talk to her all night.

"Go back to sleep." I softly told her. She protested a bit till she yawned again.

"Allright."

"Goodnight love."

"Goodnight hermosa."

When we both had hung up, I stared at the screen for a while longer till I went back to the party continuing to celebrate but with a Spanish girl slightly on my mind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 13.9K 18
***EXCERPT ONLY*** He is Captain of the football team. Most popular Guy in school. Can get any girl he wants. Next in line to be Alpha. Logan's not r...
377K 9K 68
It has been one year since your wedding day and if you're thinking your married, sorry to say, but you're not. It has been one year since Alex Morgan...
1.5K 73 11
,,š—œ š˜‚š˜€š—²š—± š˜š—¼ š˜€š—®š˜† š—œ š—±š—¼š—»'š˜ š—Æš—²š—¹š—¶š˜ƒš—² š—¶š—» š—µš—®š—½š—½š˜† š—²š—»š—±š—¶š—»š—“š˜€, š—Æš˜‚š˜ š˜†š—¼š˜‚ š—”š—»š—»š—²š—¹š—¹š˜†š˜€š—², š˜†š—¼š˜‚ š—ŗš—®š—±š—² š—ŗš—² š—Æš—²š—¹š—¶š˜ƒ...
354K 13.8K 111
Younger sister of Alexia Putellas, Hunter, has always been devoted to football. She follows in her sister's footsteps playing for Spain yet her heart...