The Rising Star - Alexia Pute...

By steffi209

Eleanore Queen is the upcoming rising star for both her club and national team. Recruted by the Arsenal Acade... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81
Part 82
Part 83
Part 84
Part 85
Part 86
Part 87
Part 88
Part 89
Part 90
Part 91
Part 92
Part 93
Part 94
Part 95
Part 96
Part 97
Part 98
Part 99
Part 100
Part 101
Part 102
Part 103
Part 104
Part 105
Part 106
Part 107
Part 108
Part 109
Part 110
Part 111
Part 112
Part 113
Part 114
Part 115
Part 116
Part 117
Part 118
Part 119
Part 120
Part 121
Part 122
Part 123
Part 124
Part 125
Part 126
Part 127
Part 128
Part 129
Part 130
Part 131
Part 132
Part 133
Part 134
Part 135
Part 136
Part 137
Part 138
Part 139

Part 37

6.6K 174 14
By steffi209

After a few more days in LA, it was time to go home again. Because of camp I had missed some important games of the season and I couldn't afford to miss any more games in my opinion.

Mason had volunteered to come pick me up from the airport. Once I saw the boy I walked up to him and greeted him with a hug and a kiss. He helped me with my back and we went to the car.

"So now you're gonna stay in London for longer than a few days right?" Mason said in an annoyed tone.

"Excuse me?"

"Are you going to the States again soon or are you finally planning on finishing your season here?" He snapped, clearly still frustrated that I had to leave.

"You think I wanted to go to the States?" I asked him not at all believing what he was saying.

"I don't know? You're gone more than you're actually here. At this point I have a more serious relationship with my phone than you." I scoffed at what he had just said. Was he for real?

"You do realize I went home because my best friend's mother, who was like a second mother to me, died, right?"

"Yes and I get that. I just don't understand why you had to be there for almost a week."

"Unbelievable."

"Yeah, say that word again. It seems like that's your favorite word to use."

"Well the things you say are unbelievable so it's really not that surprising." I snapped at him. I turned my head to the window and leaned against it, looking out. Was he for real? I mean come on. It was not like I wanted to go to the States to bury my best friend's mom.

After a while I heard him sigh. He was clearly looking for things to say but was failing to come up with something. It stayed quiet for a few more minutes and honestly I wasn't mad about that.

"Look, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said those things. I just missed you, okay."

"I've missed you too. It's not like I wanted to go."

"I know. I'm sorry for your loss."

"Thanks."

"Is there anything you want to do?"

"I just wanna go home and sleep." And with that he drove me home. On the way we stopped for some take out. When I got home I greeted my housemates and then went to my room with Mason.

Eventually it was time for him to go back to Derby so we said goodbye and I went back to my room. The emotional week, finally catching up with me.

I was simply laying in bed, just staring up at the ceiling when suddenly the door opened. In walked Leah, Daan and Beth. Without a word they just laid down next to me and wrapped me in their arms. Giving me the comfort I was craving for and that's how we fell asleep.

The next few days we're full of training and preparing for our next game against Bristol. Currently I was at training laughing at something Jordan had said.

"Did you know that there are 32 muscles in a cat's ear." I stopped walking and turned around to face the short blonde. Leah and Daan on the other hand burst out laughing.

"What?" I chuckled. Confused as to where this fact was coming from.

"A cat. A cat's ear has 32 muscles so it can rotate and move its ears so it can pinpoint where the noise is coming from." She explained to me proudly.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Jordan Nobbs everybody." I said, laughing along with my friends. That's Jordan for you. She can say the most random things at the weirdest times.

"It's true, you know."

"I believe you Jordy. Don't worry." I laughed.

Viv, Lisa, Katie and Beth joined our group near the sidelines where we were currently having a water break. Viv stood next to me and swung her arm around me.

"How are you holding up?"

"Good. As long as I'm here it feels like it's not real. I think when I go back home and she's not there that it will fully sink in."

"We're here for you. Remember that." Lisa said, squeezing my arm.

"I know. Thanks guys." I gave them all a smile.

"So have you talked with your lawyer about the settlement?" Katie asked.

"Yeah, I have. She immediately said not to take it because if I did it was kind of the same as saying that I had lied all along."

"Good. I swear if you would have taken it, I would have knocked some sense into you myself." Katie said, while standing on her tiptoes to make herself look bigger. 

"Ooh, I'm scared now."

Everyone except for Katie burst out laughing. She just had a pout on her face. I walked up to her and wrapped my arms around her.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"Alright ladies, let's finish training first and then you can declare your undying love for each other." Coach walked past us.

"And McCabe is right. I would have helped her knock some sense into you if you would have taken the settlement."

We all laughed at our coach and went back to work.

I was in my room facetiming Mason when I heard the doorbell.

"I'll get it!" I heard Leah yell downstairs.

"Who's at the door?" Mason asked me.

"I don't know. Probably Lisa and Viv or Katie and Ruesha."

"Okay, I'll leave you to it then. Good luck this weekend"

"Thanks. Love you."

"Love you too."

When I hung up my phone, Daan walked in my room.

"There's someone here for you." She simply smiled and walked out again. I furrowed my eyebrows. Who could be here for me? I got up from my bed and made my way downstairs.

I was shocked. There were no other words than that. In front of me stood the person who I had yearned for ever since Stacy's death.

"How are you here?" I whispered. Not really sure if my mind was playing tricks on me. She was supposed to be in Barcelona.

"That seems to be the way you greet me every time we meet but to answer the question, Alba dropped me off at the airport and then I took a plane here and then I took a cab." She smirked at me.

I didn't say anything more. I ran up to her and threw my arms around her. She reciprocated the hug.

"You're really here."

"I am. I picked up a small injury and wasn't allowed to play over the weekend and after everything that happened I decided to pay you a visit to see how you're doing."

"I'm fine."

"Yeah, I guessed." She said while giving me a kiss on the head. After some minutes standing there hugging each other we pulled away and took a seat on the couch with the rest of my friends.

"How long are you staying?"

"Till a little after your game. Then I have to go back for a check up. Hopefully I get cleared to play by then. Until then I'm all yours." She smiled at me. 

"Where are you staying?

"At some hotel in town. Have to make a reservation though so I can't stay for too long."

"What? Nonsense! You can stay here. The more the merrier. We have everything you need: food, drinks and you can sleep in Ellie's room." Leah stopped the Spaniard from making reservations.

"I don't want to overstep my welcome." She said,

"Oh you're not overstepping, we're insisting." Daan laughed.

"Okay, I guess."

After we had convinced Alexia that it was okay for her to stay at our place and after some dinner and chillin on the couch, we went to my room. I helped her settle in with the mattress and stuff and now we were laying on our beds. There was a comfortable silence between us until she broke it.

"So, how are you doing?"  She just looked my way.

"I'm fine."

Unlike Alexia, I didn't face her. I kept on staring at the ceiling because if I would look at her I would for sure break. The nights were the worst for me to be honest. For many reasons like for starters it was the time of day I was usually left alone with my thoughts and second of all the nightmares. I was brought out of my thoughts by Alexia.

"You know you don't have to lie to me right? How are you really doing?"

"Please don't."

"Don't what?" She asked me, curiosity taking over.

"Don't make me talk about it." I whispered. It surprised me that she had heard me in the first place because I for sure wouldn't if I was her.

"Why?"

"Because if I start I don't know if I'll be able to make it stop." I fought back the tears at this point. They were trying so hard to come out.

"Then I'll be your shoulder. I'll be here for as long as you need me to."

That was all it took for my walls to come crashing down. The emotions I had tried so desperately to keep in, were finally coming out. I broke out into a sobb, one became two until I fully broke down crying.

Alexia instantly was by my side. She got into my bed and wrapped her arms around me. I cuddled into her, holding on for my dear life. I felt like for the longest time I was trying so hard to keep my head above water. Doing my best not to drown and now I had given up and the only lifeline I had was her.

An hour of crying went by and Alexia had stayed true to her words. She stayed. I was cuddled up to her with my head on her chest. She had one arm around my shoulders and with her free hand she was stroking my hair or rubbing my cheekbone with her thumb. It was oddly soothing.

Eventually I felt so sleepy that I couldn't fight it anymore. And for the first time in a very long time I had a peaceful sleep without any nightmares.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

553K 18.8K 75
**TWICE FEATURED ON THE WATTPAD EDITORS CHOICE LIST** **Romance Category WINNER-Community Hub Awards** Have you ever felt your heart beat so fast, th...
3K 82 31
The leaders have fallen. The dead has risen. The survivors take over. No one understands what its like to loose someone unless you've been through i...
103K 2.7K 41
y/n y/ln was born in the US but her fathers family is from England and her mothers family is from Italy. Her parents moved back to England and y/n gr...
4.2K 72 29
It's been 5 months since the World Cup. Alex and Tobin are planning their wedding, preparing for the day they go to court with Andy, and thinking abo...