The Rising Star - Alexia Pute...

By steffi209

Eleanore Queen is the upcoming rising star for both her club and national team. Recruted by the Arsenal Acade... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81
Part 82
Part 83
Part 84
Part 85
Part 86
Part 87
Part 88
Part 89
Part 90
Part 91
Part 92
Part 93
Part 94
Part 95
Part 96
Part 97
Part 98
Part 99
Part 100
Part 101
Part 102
Part 103
Part 104
Part 105
Part 106
Part 107
Part 108
Part 109
Part 110
Part 111
Part 112
Part 113
Part 114
Part 115
Part 116
Part 117
Part 118
Part 119
Part 120
Part 121
Part 122
Part 123
Part 124
Part 125
Part 126
Part 127
Part 128
Part 129
Part 130
Part 131
Part 132
Part 133
Part 134
Part 135
Part 136
Part 137
Part 138
Part 139

Part 35

7K 158 12
By steffi209

A couple of days later it was time for us to face Spain. Alexia and I had texted non stop. Every free minute was spent talking to her. Mason occasionally texted but you could still feel the tension between the two of us. I just hoped that once I would see him, that would be all gone.

The game against Spain was a lot better than the one against France. Still I felt like there was a lot of work to be done but at least we were walking away with a win. I was even more motivated than usual seeing that my family was there to support me.

After celebrating a bit with the team I walked over to the family section in search of my family. It wasn't hard to spot the 4 year old bouncing up and down, waving his hands in the air like a little cute maniac.

"Ellie!"

Before I knew it he launched himself forward into my arms, only the railing separating the two of us. I lifted the small boy over it and took him fully into my arms, nodding to my parents that it was okay.

"Hey there, buddy. Did you enjoy the game?"

"You assisted Chrissy!"

"Yes I did."

"I've missed you." He clung even tighter around me than I thought he possibly could, burying his head into my neck.

"I've missed you too, kiddo. Wanna walk around with me? I have to greet the fans." I felt him nod against my neck.

I walked around the stadium with the little boy on my hip, signing autographs and taking pictures. Seeing that it was already quite late, it wasn't a surprise that Austin was starting to fall asleep in my arms.

Immediately after the game Alexia was pulled into an interview so when I went to greet Austin she was busy. Now I was hoping that she had finished her media duties so Austin could meet her. Looking around the field, I finally met those brown eyes I was looking for. She instantly understood why I was looking for her.

"Hey, sweet boy. Before you fall asleep there is someone I would like you to meet."

This instantly grabbed the attention of the 4 year old in my arms. He moved his head out from my neck and curiously looked up at me. Without really saying anything I just turned towards the brunette that was walking up to us.

"Hola cariño, you must be Austin. I'm Ale-"

"Oh my God, you're Alexia Putellas! You're the star midfielder from Spain and Barcelona! Ellie! It's Alexia Putellas! Do you know who that is?!" He wiggled excitedly in my arms. I just laughed at his excitement.

"Yeah, I do buddy." I smiled at the midfielder in front of me. 

"She is my second favorite player and she is also the second best player in the world!" He squealed. Alexia became curious and asked the boy the question that came to her mind.

"Well who's your number one then?"

Without even a slight hesitation he answered her, like it was the most logical thing in the world. "My sister. Who else?"

"You wanna know a secret?" She whispered to him. The boy eagerly nodded his head.

"She's my favorite too. I fully agree that she's the best player in the world."

Alexia's statement made me blush and I had no way of hiding it, seeing I still had Austin in my arms. Obviously, Alexia noticed. She smirked at me, satisfied with the effect she had.

"You wanna have my shirt?" She asked Austin, who immediately said yes.

"Hey! What about me? You said you wanted to swap shirts with me?"

"I can't help it, he's too cute." She shrugged her shoulders. She took her shirt off and gave it to my brother. After he got the shirt, I had put him down so he could hug Alexia. Before he ran off to show Kelley his new shirt, he nudged me saying that I should give Alexia my shirt as a thank you.

"What? Why?"

"Because that would be polite. I got her shirt, so you give her yours in return." He looked at me sternly so I just did what he told me. I swear the things this kid has me doing.

When I removed my shirt I caught Alexia staring at my abs. She snapped out of it when I gave her my shirt. When Austin was satisfied he was off in search of Kelley.

"Unbelievable, that kid is in my life for 2 minutes and now he's the cutest of the family." I said as a joke, crossing my arms while pouting.

"Don't worry, he is definitely cute but I would use a different word to describe you." She smirked at me.

"And what word would that be?"

She walked up to me. She was so close that our sides were touching and I could feel her breath on my ear.

"Hot." And with that she kissed my cheek and walked towards her teammates, leaving me completely flustered. Did that just happen?

"Now that's what they call a gay panick." Sonnet yelled. The defender swung her arm around my shoulder. I just laughed at her, kinda giving up defending myself.

After some weeks of training and 2 games the time had come to go back home. In my case London. But not before I had met up with Alexia for drinks right after the game, her treat of course. After all, she had lost the bet.

During those two hours, I got to know the Spanish midfielder even better. We talked about my life in London, the Williamsons family, how I knew the Press family, and my life in the States. While she talked about her life in Spain and Barcelona and her family.

Eventually it was time to say goodbye and to go back to London. Mason was the one who was going to pick me up. I was happy to see the boy again but at the same time I was a little nervous, not sure where we stood.

Apparently I had myself worried for nothing because the moment I saw him again was like nothing had happened. He drove me home and stayed the remainder of the night seeing as I took a flight back at 1 in the morning.

The next day or well technically the same day, I was getting ready for the game against City when I got a call from the Arsenal management asking if I could come in a little sooner because there was something they needed to discuss with me.

So here I was, waiting inside the office of Mr Ivan Gazidis. He was the big boss besides the owner so I was kind of confused why I was here. When he arrived, he greeted me, shook my hand and we both took a seat.

"So Miss Queen, it's no secret that both you and Mister Miller were involved with each other at some point and that now there is an ongoing lawsuit between the two of you."

"No I guess not." I narrowed my eyes at the older man in front of me, having a small feeling where this conversation was going.

"I'm not going to sit here and pretend to be happy with this kind of press. This is not what the club stands for or what we like to represent. However the damage is done. We can't turn back the clock. What we can do is control it."

He pushed forward a stack of papers. I was highly confused at this point. Where was he getting at? What are a stack of papers going to do?

"A stack of papers? How are they going to control the damage?" I asked Mr Gazidis, confused.

"Not just a stack of papers, a settlement."

There it is! Of course he wanted a settlement. He didn't want a lawsuit because no matter who won, one of us was gonna come out as the 'bad guy' and that would mean bad press for the club.

"A settlement?"

"Yes Miss Queen, a settlement. I have spoken with Jacob and he's willing to drop the lawsuit and pay for your expenses." He smiled proudly at me.

But I could easily tell that wasn't the whole story.

"If?" I intently looked at him, narrowing my eyes.

"If you take back your story and deny all your accusations against him." He looked at me with a proud smile, like he had just solved the whole problem for everyone.

"So basically you want me to tell the world that I lied?" I clarified.

"No, I'm just advising you to take the settlement and take back your story so we can end this nonsense right now."

This got my blood boiling. I almost died because of him. I have scars on my body that will always remind me of him for the rest of my life and he wants me to settle? Not gonna happen. I got up out of my seat and leaned over the desk that was separating us.

"That nonsense almost killed me. That nonsense was the reason that I had to watch the game that I love most in this world from the sidelines instead of participating so with no disrespect sir, but not a chance. Have a good day."

I got out of that office and immediately walked outside. Once I was out I hunched over, hands on my knees trying to catch my breath. I grabbed my phone and called Mason.

"Hey love, how did the meeting go?'

"They want me to settle."

"What? What are you talking about?" He asked me confused, not completely sure what I was talking about.

"The lawsuit between me and Jacob. He offered a settlement. He would pay for all my expenses and is willing to drop the lawsuit if I take back my story and deny all accusations against him."

"Babe that's great news!"

"What are you talking about, that's great news? It basically means that I admit that I lied and that he is the victim here!" I was getting fed up with this whole situation and the worst part of it all was that the one who was supposed to have my back apparently didn't.

"I know that love but it's the smartest move, I mean let's face it it's not the best press for both you and the club."

"I can't believe you. You're agreeing with him?"

"Well yes. Like I said, it's the smartest move."

"Unbelievable." I mumbled.

"Come on, don't be like this."

"Like what? Like my boyfriend doesn't have my back?"

"I do, Eleanore. I just think it's the smartest decision."

"Yeah, whatever I gotta go. Bye."

"Talk to you later."

I leaned my back against the wall for some support and closed my eyes in hopes of calming me down.

"You're not taking that settlement."

My eyes snapped open and I looked in the direction where the voice came from. It was my coach standing near the door.

"What?"

"You're not taking that settlement."

"How do you-"

"Yesterday Gazidis came to me and told me about the settlement, that's how I know and I'm telling you not to take it."

"My boyfriend seems to disagree with you. He thinks it's the smarter decision." I scoffed at my coach.

"Well then screw him. I've got your back and so does everyone on our team."

"Thanks coach." I smiled at him.

"Na no worries, let's go, we have a game to win."

"Let's go." I smirked at my coach ready to see my teammates again.

The game did not go the way I had hoped. By the end of the 90 minutes we were still tied, so it came down to penalties to decide who would take home the cup. Sadly for us, City had scored 4 penalties while we scored only 2 making them the winner.

When we got home I went to my room and decided to Skype Alexia. So I laid on my bed with my computer and caught her up on everything that was said during my meeting.

"WHAT THE FUCK?! YOU'RE KIDDING RIGHT?!" Alexia seemed furious about the advice I was given by my manager. So much so that I'm convinced the whole house had heard her and that seemed to be the case when Leah and Daan walked in.

"What's going on?" Daan was the first to ask.

"Everything okay?"

I was about to answer both women when Alexia beat me to it.

"You haven't told them, have you?" She sternly looked at me while I looked at her sheepishly.

"Told us what?" Daan asked.

"In my defense I haven't had the time yet." I shrugged.

"Tell us what, Eleanore?" This time it was Leah, who seemed to be really impatient.

"Your dickhead of a manager advised her to take a settlement in her lawsuit against the other dickhead. The settlement says that she is to take back her side of the story and she has to deny all the accusations against him. In return he will drop the lawsuit and will pay for all her expenses." Alexia glared through the screen.

"WHAT?!" Both girls yelled at the same time.

"Geez, what's with all the yelling? Beth entered the room.

"Jacob offered Ellie a settlement. He will drop the lawsuit and pay for all her expenses if she takes back her story and denies all accusations against him and Gazidis wants her to take it." Daan caught the blonde up with the story.

"What?!"

"That's not all. It gets worse." I mumbled, barely auditable. It was Alexia who picked up what I had said.

"What? How can it get worse than your manager picking the side of a psychopath?"

This got everyone's attention. Leah came over and laid down next to me. Encouraging me to tell the next part of the story that seemed to be even worse than the first part.

"Mason agrees with him."

All hell broke loose. I thought they were angry before but now they are furious. Leah shot back up and started pacing the floor, saying things like she was going to kill the boy, Daan was rambling in Dutch, Beth seemed ready to punch someone and Alexia was just sitting there with no emotion.

"Alexia, are you okay?"

This seemed to trigger her completely. Her composed demeanor completely faded and she started rambling in Spanish. Note to self, never be the reason she gets mad, even though it looked hot, it would have been scary if you were the reason for her anger.

"You do know that I did not understand a single word you just said, right?"

"I'm going to kill that boy." She said through her teeth.

"You're not going to take the settlement do you?" Daan looked at me.

"I need to speak with my lawyer first but I'm not planning on it, no."

"Good, because I'd rather go to jail for killing that boy myself than for you to take that deal." Leah said with the other three girls agreeing with her.

"Ooh thanks guys." I smiled at them.

"I'm with you till the end of the line. Always." Leah looked my way.

"Always." I smiled.

Out of nowhere my phone rang. I got up to take it. The four girls had fallen into an easy conversation which made me smile that they included Alexia in it without even the slightest hesitation.

When I looked at the caller ID, I became greatly confused. It was Christen. Why would she call me, it's 10 o'clock in Utah.

"Hello?"

It was quiet on the other side of the phone. I didn't hear anything aside from breathing and some sniffling which made my stomach drop and my heart race. Something was wrong.

"Chris? Chris, what's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Ellie." It was barely a whisper and it was very clear that she had been and still was crying. It was difficult to understand what she was saying with the other 4 girls laughing.

"Chris, what's wrong?" I tried again putting the sound of my phone a little louder and putting my free hand to my other ear to block out the noise.

"My mom." She sobbed out. This made me shoot up from my position, the sinking feeling in my stomach getting significantly worse and worry taking over my features. This grabbed the attention from the other women in my room, who now were focused on me.

"Stacy? What's wrong with her? Is she okay?!"

"She's in the hospital. You need to come here. Ellie, she's not gonna make it."

That was the last thing I heard before the phone fell out of my hands. I went absolutely numb. My mind went blank besides one thought that stayed on my mind: 'I need to get home, now!'.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

353K 13.8K 111
Younger sister of Alexia Putellas, Hunter, has always been devoted to football. She follows in her sister's footsteps playing for Spain yet her heart...
1.3M 13.9K 18
***EXCERPT ONLY*** He is Captain of the football team. Most popular Guy in school. Can get any girl he wants. Next in line to be Alpha. Logan's not r...
19.1K 229 30
"Briar, you guys are too young to understand love," Sofia says. I respond back saying, "Ok so maybe we are too young to understand what actual love i...
553K 18.8K 75
**TWICE FEATURED ON THE WATTPAD EDITORS CHOICE LIST** **Romance Category WINNER-Community Hub Awards** Have you ever felt your heart beat so fast, th...