The Rising Star - Alexia Pute...

By steffi209

Eleanore Queen is the upcoming rising star for both her club and national team. Recruted by the Arsenal Acade... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81
Part 82
Part 83
Part 84
Part 85
Part 86
Part 87
Part 88
Part 89
Part 90
Part 91
Part 92
Part 93
Part 94
Part 95
Part 96
Part 97
Part 98
Part 99
Part 100
Part 101
Part 102
Part 103
Part 104
Part 105
Part 106
Part 107
Part 108
Part 109
Part 110
Part 111
Part 112
Part 113
Part 114
Part 115
Part 116
Part 117
Part 118
Part 119
Part 120
Part 121
Part 122
Part 123
Part 124
Part 125
Part 126
Part 127
Part 128
Part 129
Part 130
Part 131
Part 132
Part 133
Part 134
Part 135
Part 136
Part 137
Part 138
Part 139

Part 22

7.2K 150 11
By steffi209

It's been a couple of months since the tournament and I had slept with Sonnet. When we woke up the morning after I was scared that it was gonna be weird between us, that we had ruined our friendship but it was anything but that.

We both took the time to sit together and talk about what had happened and we both agreed that it was fun but it was without feelings and that we were just friends. Best friends. Since that night it happened occasionally that we would sleep together but there were others too.

During the day I've been training non stop, trying to get back on the field. Pushing my body over the limit in hopes I would get back faster, but my speedy recovery wasn't that speedy anymore. I wasn't making the improvements that I wanted. The doctors and physios reassured me that that was normal and that I was ahead of the plan already, but for me that wasn't enough. I wanted to be on the pitch again. I wanted to play.

So during the day I was pushing myself until I couldn't no more and at night I went out to party with whoever wanted to go so I could forget everything.

It was time for yet another small camp. There were more to come each time we would come closer to the actual World Cup. Again like last time I was invited to tag along but that was about it but I'm not complaining. Dawn and I had been working hard on my recovery and even when I was in London we would keep in touch.

We were all in the locker room getting dressed for our training. As much as I liked the fact that I was at least allowed in the gym, it was starting to get boring. I was the last one left in the room, waiting for Dawn.

"What are you wearing?" A sudden voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Uhm workout clothes?" I looked at the person who the voice belonged to.

"No, I mean your shoes." Dawn laughed at me.

"They're called running shoes, Dawn, look it up. They work in the gym too." I told her and she just laughed.

"Why are you laughing like that?" I asked her, confused.

"How's the leg?"

"Good. No pain."

"How's the back?"

"Same as the leg."

"How's the head?"

"Fine and what's up with the 21 questions?"

"Well, if everything is good and fine, how about you go change those running shoes to some cleats then?" Dawn smirked at me.

"Really? I asked her, not believing what she was saying.

"Yeah, come on now. You don't want to run extra laps on your first training back because you're late now do you?" She grinned at me.

I rushed back to my locker and changed my shoes. Dawn and I made our way outside. At the entrance of the field stood a cameraman. He looked right at me and I smiled at the camera making a peace sign and making a crazy face.

"The Queen returns. How does it feel to be back?" He asked me.

"The best feeling in the world. Let's fucking go!"

My teammates were already on the field and had obviously heard my interaction with the cameraman. They started cheering when I approached.

"Yes, Queenie!"

"Go, Queen!"

"Yeah, Queenie!"

They all walked up to me to pat me on my back. Kelley swung her arm around my shoulder. She had a big smile on her face while she pulled me into her a bit more.

"Ready to train with the big girls again?"

"So I can beat your ass?" I looked at her with a matching smirk on my face.

"You can kick my ass anytime. I'm just glad to see you okay and on the pitch again." She gave me a soft smile this time. Dawn pulled me aside and because Kelley wasn't letting go of me, she was pulled aside too.

"You can warm up with them. Take it easy though. I don't want you to over do it. After warm ups we will work together individually okay? When the training is done, you're on bed rest! I want to give her head the best rest possible. Got it?"

"Yes ma'am!" I saluted her.

"Now go." She smiled at me. You didn't have to tell me twice.

"Last one who joins the group buys dinner!" I yelled and sprinted towards the rest of the girls. Kelley tried to grab my shirt but just missed. She sprinted after me but it was no use.

I laughed at her for being the loser and believe me she is a sore one but this time she just accepted it. Like Dawn told me, I did my warm ups with the team. It was nice to be a part of the team again even though it was just for a little bit.

After that Dawn and I trained together just the two of us. It was an easy training but I got to kick a ball around again so I'll take it. When we were all done we grabbed a shower and went back to the hotel where I was forced to stay in my room to rest for the whole afternoon. I was scrolling through my Instagram when I landed on the USWNT page.

(Video of Ellie walking onto the field talking to the cameraman, one where her teammates cheer for her that she's back and last one where she and Kelley are being silly.)

Viviannemiedema, alexiaputellas, masonmount and 567.896 others liked this post.

Uswnt look who's back. Back again. The superstar is back tell a friend 😏

Viviannemiedema Ja superster! ⭐️
User1 These are the things we like to see.
User2 Good that she's back. We're gonna need her at the World cup.
          •User3 No we don't. She's too young. and inexperienced. She's gonna cost us our star.
          •User4 @user3 so according to you 4 or so years with Arsenal is inexperienced? Sure, you're right 😅
          •User2 @user4 👏👏👏
          Daniellevddonk tell them @user4 🥳
Rueshalj Come back please. I haven't seen you in like forever 😫 I miss you 🥺
          •Eleanoremqueen7 @rueshalj you saw me last week 😅 but I miss you to.
          •Katie_mccabe11 @rueshalj @eleanoremqueen7 what I'm I to the both of you? Chopped liver? What about me?
          •Eleanoremqueen7 we love and miss you too @katie_mccabe11
          •Rueshalj yeah, sure what she said @katie_mccabe11
User5 I've heard that she and Jacob have broken up, maybe she and Kelley can finally be together. I mean come on there cute.
          •User6 OMG, yes!
          •Eleanoremqueen7 eww no 🤢 she's my sister 😅

I laughed at all the comments on the post. Some made me cringe like the one with Jacob and obviously the one where they'd say I wasn't good enough but the others made me feel loved or made me laugh my ass off. My friends were hilarious, like Rue and Katie.

I was just chilling like I promised Dawn when suddenly I got a notification on Instagram. When I read who the sender from the message was I froze. I couldn't breathe. The soccer player that I've looked up to for quite awhile now just texted me.

Alexiaputellas
So the superstar is back on the field 😉

Eleanoremqueen7
Ha I guess so although I don't know about the superstar part 😅

Alexiaputellas
Judging by what you do for Arsenal and your national team it's safe to say you are.

Eleanoremqueen7
Says the Spanish superstar.

Alexiaputellas
I guess that makes two of us then. Imagine us playing for the same team.

Eleanoremqueen7
Is that the only reason you messaged me? 🤔

Alexiaputellas
No, I really wanted to say that I'm glad you're on the field again.

Eleanoremqueen7
Is the Alexia Putellas a fan?

Alexiaputellas
Yes.

Eleanoremqueen7
Well aren't you blunt.

Alexiaputellas
Kinda but what does my hair color have to do with me being a fan.

Eleanoremqueen7
Not blond, blunt. It means you're very forward. You say what you think.

Alexiaputellas
Aah okay, sorry my English isn't the best and yeah well sometimes.

Eleanoremqueen7
Don't worry about it. I think it's pretty good. Probably better than my Spanish and good to know.

Alexiaputellas
I gotta go. It was nice talking to you Queen. Hope to do it again. Perhaps when you sign for Barca next season.

Eleanoremqueen7
Keep dreaming Putellas but it was nice talking to you too. Don't be a stranger.

Alexiaputellas
I am 😏

Eleanoremqueen7
Then maybe you should talk to me again so that you're not a stranger anymore 😏

Alexiaputellas
Maybe I should.

Eleanoremqueen7
Bye Putellas

Alexiaputellas
Adios la reina 👑

What had just happened? The Alexia Putellas just messaged me and said she was a fan! A fan?! Can you believe that? This is insane!

"Why are you smiling at your phone like that? Ooh do you like someone!" Sonnet snoke up on me and I hate to admit it scared the shit out of me too. She made me jump and throw my phone in the air. Luckily for me the device landed safe and sound on my bed. She started laughing her ass off.

"Why the fuck would you do that?!" You scared the shit out of me!"

"I'm, I'm, I'm" She continued laughing, not able to stop. "I'm, I can't, I'm sorry. Your face. Your phone."

Now she was rolling on the floor laughing, like literally rolling on the floor. I swear she's almost out of breath.

"Ha, you're so funny, maybe you should breathe because you know you need the air." I mumbled.

"I'm sorry, just give me a minute. I just need a minute." She was calming down but she still had trouble containing her giggles.

"I swear if you weren't my best friend, I would have hated you." I glared at her.

"Yeah, we both know that isn't true and we've proved that numerous times" She smirked at me. "Now are you gonna tell me who made you smile like that?"

"Who said it wasn't just a funny video?"

"That was not your funny video laugh so cut the crap. Who?"

"Please don't overreact because it was just some messages between me and someone I don't personally know." I looked at her. It was not that I was afraid she was going to be jealous or something, it's just she and well the team can get very excited or overprotective. Either one of the two and I didn't want to deal with that now because there was simply nothing to be excited or overprotective for.

"Whooooo?" She started to whine like a small child.

"Alexia Putellas." I told her and she froze and just stared at me.

"The really hot Spanish midfielder from the Spanish national team and Barcelona. That, Alexia Putellas?"

"Uhm, well yeah. I guess." I mumbled. Not quite sure what she wanted me to say. She kept staring at me when all of a sudden she sprung up and left the room.

"Ali!!!! Chris!!" She yelled, running through the halls of the hotel. I chased her down. I can only imagine what Ali or Chris would say. They would totally overreact. 

Once I was close enough to tackle her, I took her down to the floor. Just my luck we landed right in front of Ali's room and because of the noise we had made she and the rest of the team were standing outside.

'Ali! Chris! Your daugh-" Sonnet started her rant, but before she could finish it I had cut her off.

"Sonnet, I swear. Finish that sentence and I'll tell her all about our deal." I stared at her intently. Sonnet instantly froze.

"You-"

"Don't you dare say 'you wouldn't' because we both know I would. Do you still not know me after all those years? Does our friendship even mean anything to you?" She just laughed right at my face.

"Okay, what are you two weirdos doing now?" Ali looked at us confused.

"Nothing" we both said at the same time.

"Queen, get off that floor and rest!" I heard Dawn yell from somewhere. I froze.

"Do you see her?" I whispered to Sonnet.

"No, do you?" She asked, looking around.

"No. How does she even do that?"

"I don't know. She's not even here."

"Now!" I heard her yell once more.

'Time to go." I said scrambling off Sonnet and helping her up.

"Yep." She agreed while running back to our room. We made it to our room safe and sound. I flopped down on my bed and Sonnet was still leaning against the door, catching her breath.

"So, the hot Spanish midfielder?" She smirked at me.

"Let it go Sonnet. She is just a girl that texted me." I sighed.

"Well, lately that seems to be your type. Just a girl or boy." She shrugged.

"Those are people that I don't know. Well excluding you. Look there's nothing going on. She texted, I texted back. She was just being nice."

"If you say so. Hey, I'm going to Lindsay's, wanna come?"

"I'll be right there. I promised Leah I would call her."

"Alright, say 'hey' for me." And with that she was gone. I grabbed my phone from the night stand and clicked on the contact to send a FaceTime request.

"Hey there Arsenal. How's it going over there in the States?" The English boy who I had crashed a wedding with, asked when he picked up the phone.

"Good finally back to training. So I'm happy. What about you?"

"Yeah, I saw that you're back on the field. How does it feel? And I can't complain." 

"You have no idea. I'm only allowed to train individually but I don't care. I'm just glad to be back on the field again."

"How long till you can start training with the group again?" The boy on the other side asked me.

"Not sure, Dawn thinks maybe a week or two."

"Well that's good news. Speaking of good news, I have some as well."

"Do tell."  I looked at him curiously.

"I decided not to go back to Chelsea just yet."

"Ooh." I sounded a little disappointed. A part of me had hoped that he would come back to Chelsea so we could hang out more and not just through the phone.

"But I will be back in England." He smirked at me.

"What? Mase, that's so cool. Who will you play for?" My whole face lit up.

"Derby County."

"Mase, that's good news. I'm happy for you." I smiled at him. I was genuinely happy for him.

"It really is. I'm closer to home this time and I might get to see you more."

"Yeah, who knows. It's been awhile since we'd crashed a wedding together." I laughed at him.

He just laughed at the comment.

"Hey uhm Mase, I gotta go. I promised Sonnet I would catch up with her, so."

"Yeah sure. I'll see you when you get back."

"That sounds great. Bye Mase."

"Bye Ellie."

With that I hung up the phone with a smile on my face. The news about him coming back to England really made my day.

made my day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167K 2K 31
Sophie Roberts. Arsenal Through and Through. 20 Years old. Arsenal Forward. Lioness. Sophie Roberts, hasn't had the best upbringing. Her parents kick...
5.2K 130 48
(After the events of Goal!), Maire also known as "Five" by her family, friends, and the USWNT. Now, known as "Zero", by her youth international teamm...
1.3M 13.9K 18
***EXCERPT ONLY*** He is Captain of the football team. Most popular Guy in school. Can get any girl he wants. Next in line to be Alpha. Logan's not r...
95.1K 3.3K 31
The past should never be repeated. It was a fact learned through history. Leah Williamson had just closed out the summer of her life. She's bee...