The Rising Star - Alexia Pute...

By steffi209

Eleanore Queen is the upcoming rising star for both her club and national team. Recruted by the Arsenal Acade... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81
Part 82
Part 83
Part 84
Part 85
Part 86
Part 87
Part 88
Part 89
Part 90
Part 91
Part 92
Part 93
Part 94
Part 95
Part 96
Part 97
Part 98
Part 99
Part 100
Part 101
Part 102
Part 103
Part 104
Part 105
Part 106
Part 107
Part 108
Part 109
Part 110
Part 111
Part 112
Part 113
Part 114
Part 115
Part 116
Part 117
Part 118
Part 119
Part 120
Part 121
Part 122
Part 123
Part 124
Part 125
Part 126
Part 127
Part 128
Part 129
Part 130
Part 131
Part 132
Part 133
Part 134
Part 135
Part 136
Part 137
Part 138
Part 139

Part 6

7K 151 2
By steffi209

Luckily the walk back to the hotel was a short one. I was completely zoned out, I couldn't concentrate. The fight with Ali, still fresh in my mind. The hurt expression on her face broke my heart. I really screwed up big time.

After a silent 10 minutes I was back in my room with some of the girls. They were all trying to talk to me or trying to lighten up the mood. But nothing was working.

Maybe Jacob was right. Maybe they're better off without me. I mean come on, I just hurted the person that has always had my back. I never had to ask, she just was there. Always.

"I screwed up" I broke the silence.

"Queenie, you both had a bit to drink, you both were tired from an exhausting day. Things like this happen from time to time. I bet that when the morning comes all will be forgiven." Lindsay tries to soothe my conscience.

It's not working though. "I need some air." I stood up and walked out of my room. My friends looked at me with pity. They knew that there was nothing they could say to ease my mind.

This is the point where the dark side of my mind takes over. It's the moment where I become a prisoner of my own mind. I made my way to the roof and sat down near the edge, mesmerized by the city lights. It's peaceful here.

I wish I could have said the same thing about my mind. Negative thoughts taking over. The fight with Ali, all the things Jacob has ever done or said to me. I can't shut it off.

He always tells me that I'm not worth his time. That he is the only one who loves me. That the only thing I'm good at is bringing people down. Everyday I try so hard to fight those thoughts, to not give in to them. But what if he's right? What if I am a burden to the people around me? What if I'm getting too tired of fighting?

I was spiraling in my mind until suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder, scaring the shit out of me.

"Hey, chill. It's just me."

"Jeez, you scared the living crap out of me." I told her.

"Yeah, I noticed." She laughed. She took a step closer to me and took me in her arms. For a moment it was peaceful and quiet. Just like the others, the tall blonde midfielder knew that at this moment she couldn't push me. I had to be the first to start the conversation.

"I didn't know you were here in London." I told her almost in a whisper.

"Well, my sister and best friend had this friendly against England today and because that said best friend plays over there, I don't get to see her that much. Therefore I decided to hop on a plane and come to cheer them on. So you scoring that goal was all because of my cheering. You're welcome by the way." She grinned at me.

I just laughed at that comment. I'm really grateful that she's here. I don't get to see her all that much. I don't get to see most of my friends because I play over here in England and most of them are back in the States. I guess that's the hard part about playing here. Don't get me wrong I love playing at Arsenal but from time to time I miss my family and my American friends. Kristie being one of them.

"I really messed up today." I whispered on the verge of tears.

"Sam told me what happened. You made a mistake Ellie. It happens to the best of us. Don't beat yourself up for it. It's not worth it."

"You didn't see her face, Mewy. She looked so hurt and I did that. I caused that." I looked down at my hands. "I'm the reason she's upset."

"You know, I've known the both of you for quite some time now and I know that the bond the both of you have, is stronger than you think. I know you're scared that people will abandon you for no reason, but with us, with Ali, with me, you don't have to. Okay? I will never ever leave you. You're my best friend and I love you."

"I love you to."

"Now, here's what we're gonna do. You give her some space and go to sleep, like I don't know, NOW. Tomorrow morning you go and talk with Ali and we will figure out the rest together. Sounds good?"

And that was what it took to calm me down. That's what it took to at least slow it all down to a manageable peace. Kristie is one of the few that is able to do that. Maybe, just maybe, Jacob's wrong. As long as I have people in my life like Kristie and my national teammates, I'll be fine. I hope.

The next morning I was aimlessly walking around the hotel.

"Wow, don't you look cute? Did you get hit by a truck or something?"

I turned to the Squirrely defender and just showed her the finger.

"Okay… someone's in a bad mood." She chuckled.

"Kelley I swear I'm going to kick your ass if you don't shut up." I glared at her. Did I sleep like Kristie told me to? No, I did not. In my defense I tried so that counts right? Probably not. Kill me now.

"Relax Baby America, I come in peace and bearing gifts. I knew you were not going to sleep so I thought you could use this." Holding up a cup of steaming coffee.

"Ooh my god! I do, thanks." I tried to take the cup out of her hands but right before I could take it, she pulled away.

"And?" She shielded the coffee away from me.

"Uhm thanks... Kelley?" I looked at her confused.

"Try again."

"Thanks Squirrel?" I tried again.

"Nope"

"Worms?"

"Nope."

"Thanks Kell, you're amazing?"

"Getting closer, but still no."

"You're the best?"

"Andddd?" She smirked at me.

"Ooh my God Kelley, just tell me what you want to hear!" I groaned. I was so done with this and I just wanted my coffee.

"If I tell you, it won't mean anything." She pouted.

I sighed. "Thank you Kell, you're the best and I love you?"

"Now was that so hard?" She smirked. I scoffed.

She finally gave me my coffee and a kiss on my head. "How are you feeling? Are you okay?" She asked me worried. Here's the thing with Kelley and well Sonnet's the same. They're literal children and they will joke around with you but when you need them, they're always there for you. That's what I love about them.

"I'm f-"

"The truth please. Not your famous Meredith Grey line." She interrupted me while giving me a stern look. Why do they know me so well, Jeez. I hadn't even said anything.

"Okay, I'm not that fine. I didn't sleep well. I kept thinking about what I said to Ali. I shouldn't have said those things, I didn't mean any of it and now she must hate me. But everything will be fine. I will be fine." I rambled.

"I don't hate you."

I turned around and there stood the dark haired defender with a small smile on her face. "Not gonna lie, I was hurt, but I don't hate you. I could never hate you. I know you didn't mean what you said but you were right. I do treat you like a kid sometimes and that's not fair to you. It's just that you mean so much to me and you do feel like my daughter sometimes. I don't want anything to happen to you and when we couldn't find you yesterday, no scratch that, today" we all laughed. "I was worried but I shouldn't have reacted the way I did and therefore I'm sorry." She smiled at me.

I didn't say anything. Instead I just ran to her and jumped in her arms. "I'm so sorry." I sobbed out.

"I know." She tightened the hug. I buried my head in her shoulder.

"Aw, how cute. GROUP HUG!" Kelley yelled.

SMACK!

"AUWW!"

"That's what you get for ruining the moment" I heard Alex scold Kelley, making me laugh.

"Come on, let's get you some breakfast. You need to eat." Ali steered me towards the dining hall.

Once we arrived, I took my usual spot with the youngsters. The moment I sat down, Ali placed some food in front of me. I just looked at her.

"Don't even think about starting an argument. Eat. Now." She challenged me. Breakfast is not really my thing. I have nothing against it, it's just that if I can choose to sleep longer or train faster, either one's fine, then I'd choose that.

"Okay mom." I mumbled.

SMACK!

"Hey! What was that for?!" I started rubbing the place where she had hit my head just seconds ago.

"I'm not old enough to be your mother. I'm more like the very cool sister." She smiled proudly at me.

"More like the crazy drunk aunt." I mumbled making Lindsay and Sonnet snort.

Ali raised an eyebrow, challenging me to continue. I instantly threw my arms around her.
"Kidding, you are the cool big sister and I love you very dearly."

Out of nowhere, Kelley popped up.
"Ooh I love you too Queenie." She said joining our hug.

Both Ali and I looked at her confused. Lindsay captured the whole thing on her Instagram live making fans crack up by our interaction.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 3.2K 60
What happens when a girl who is hard to love joins arsenal? I guess you're about to find out... Ps don't come at me for anything I'm not trying to d...
377K 9K 68
It has been one year since your wedding day and if you're thinking your married, sorry to say, but you're not. It has been one year since Alex Morgan...
15.7K 237 16
"This article would be huge, but I couldn't do that to her.. Could I?" Evelyn Sayers was just a plain journalist. Well, plain in her mind. She couldn...
10K 184 32
When 13 year old Scarlette Adelina bronze lawson finds out the truth what happens to her stable life living with her grandparents? The way her dad di...