Uncompatible Love*Jacob Black...

By X0starstruckgurlX0

"Uncompatible, incompatible, whatever! Point being...we're meant just for each other." Violette Cullen is pla... More

Uncompatible Love*Jacob Black Love Story*
Family Reunion
Bella this...Bella that
Jealousy isn't pretty
Reminiscing
School?!
Pine or Ocean Breeze
The 'Other' Cullen
Carpe Diem, live for the present!
Regret
No! But Why?!
Lifting of the Dark Veil
Getting Along I See
The Wolves
Ch. 14: Devoted
15. Not a Date
CH. 16 Great Heights
Ch. 17: Too Good To Be True
ch. 18: My Boyfriend
19. Trust
ch. 20 Loyalties, Decisions, & Hostility
21. Secrets & Truths
ch.22 Knock, Knock! Who's There?
ch.23: Tall Tales
ch.24: Imprint
ch.25: Lost Then Found
ch. 26:Practice Makes Perfect
Ch.27:Interruption After Interruption
ch.28 Remembering the Past, Living the Future
29. Graduation Day
ch.30 Loving Brother
Ch.31: Newborn 101
Ch.32: Monster I Can Become
Ch.33: Meetings and Greetings
ch. 34: Do You Love Me?
ch. 35: Good Morning? More Like Excellent!
Ch.36: Cold
Ch.37: Feeling Better?
ch.38: Aloha, Hello...Not Aloha, Goodbye
Ch. 39: Imbalance In Her Emotions
ch. 40: Here Comes the Bride
Ch. 41: Signs of Pregnancy
chapter 42: Baby Troubles, Love Squabbles and Other Problems
ch. 43: All Is Fair In Love and War
chapter 44: Too Late To Apologize?
chapter 45: Happy Birthday
ch.46: Vamps Out of the Bag
Ch. 47: bleed it out
Ch. 48 -I'll get you up and going out of bed
Ch. 49: Potatoes
Ch. 50 Thump
Chapter 51 - Baby Blue Blues
Chapter 52: Showered with Love
Chapter 53 - Happier than Ever
Chapter 54 - The Ivory Keys.
Chapter 55 - The Left Behind
Ch 56: Time
Chapter 57 - Welcome
Chapter 58 - Well Fed
Chapter 59 - Misdirected
Chapter 60 - See You Later
Ch 61 - The Collector
Chapter 62 - The Witnesses
Chapter 64 - Be Prepared
Chapter 65 - Together
Ch 66 Rising Tension
Chapter 67 - Prospect of War
Chapter 68 - Ex's and Woes
Something Blue - The End

Chapter 63 - Shocking

157 5 0
By X0starstruckgurlX0

Chapter 63 – Shocking

*Violet's POV*

"When Aro wants someone from a coven, it's never long before evidence turns up proving that coven committed some crime." We all knew that Eleazar spoke the truth. Our kind were always aware of the fact, but there wasn't much that could be done against the Volturi regarding it. It was why I had to guard my secret and worked hard to negate Aro's ability at precisely the right times when he was reading any of my family members. Finding out the Alice and Edward had been alone without my being there had unnerved me to no end! When Rosalie had told me, I nearly lost it. Thankfully, at the time, Aro and Edward had more pressing concerns; their thoughts had been focused solely on Bella.

"So, he's done this before?" Bella nervously asked. I was standing behind her whilst she sat on the couch. I gave her shoulder a squeeze and did my best to comfort her with Jasper's ability. She gave me a tight-lipped smile and I let go.

"It happens so rarely. I never realized it was a pattern." I hadn't meant to scoff at Eleazar, just the notion itself.

"Maybe it was from my using his ability to read him, but it has always been apparent to myself and my family." I spoke up tensely. This time, it was Jacob who comforted me by reaching back from his seat on the couch and gripping hold of my hand. I walked around to sit on the arm rest and he moved his other arm around my waist now instead.

"Apparently he always pardons one person whose thoughts he claims are repentant" Carlisle added next. I had told him my findings on Aro when my family had run into the Volturi many decades ago.

"This person always has an ability. And they are always given a place within the guard."

"This is all about Alice." Edward breathed out, staring off in thought. "He has no one like her."

"Which is why she left." Bella realized.

"He's always been curious about your sister, too, Edward." Rosalie mentioned. Jacob tensed and looked at me. I kept my eyes down at my lap. "He's always felt that Violette was hiding her abilities. We don't know how much Theo has told them either." This time, I tensed and looked at Jake. His eyes were hard, anger rolled off of him in waves. His hold on my waist tightened before letting up a little.

"Theo didn't know everything about Violette, either, Rosalie." Edward reminded her.

"He thought I had abilities similar to Lauren. That I could shield my vampirism and pass as human, but also shield myself from neural damage." I mumbled.

"Wait... Aro knows I possess the ability to shield my own vampirism, Violette." the auburn-haired girl spoke out, worry marring her voice.

"We had a run in with them when we first arrived in France." Vance trailed off, eyes looking at Geneveve and then to Andres.

"That's right. If he recalled on that, he'd know there was something strange about your ability, ma Chere. Maybe, he thinks you have deux (two) abilities. Could that not be where his interests come from?" We all stayed quiet, even I was becoming nervous at this revelation.

"I've hit many a nerve with some in his guard. It's possible." I admitted.

"So, there's a possibility that this Aro guy is after Alice and Violette?" Jacob asked tensely. No one answered, we all just stared at one another, contemplating this bit of information. It most certainly was a posibility.

"But there's something I don't get," Emmett cut in. He was feeling uncomfortable at the thought that both of his adopted sisters might be at risk of being taken in by those heathens. "Why does he need witnesses?" He asked, genuinely confused on that part.

"To spread the word that justice has been served." I looked towards the backdoor. I hadn't even noticed when the skittish recluse had come down to join the conversation. He hadn't left the attic once since his arrival, not even to feed. He was looking smug, but almost like he was expecting this. I read his thoughts; he had been. "After he slaughters an entire coven." He said like it was nothing.

I focused my glare onto the floor to not lash out at him outright. I stood and I felt Jacob do the same, walking towards me as I took a few steps towards an open window. The room had grown exponentially tense after Alabaster was done speaking. I could feel the unease from everyone present; hear their nervous thoughts. They were all rearing the jump ship.

"Benjamin." I was not surprised Amun was the first to try and leave, his mate trailing behind as he walked across the room and motioned for Benjamin. "Thea." He nodded to Benjamin's mate. "We're leaving," he said as he faced the rest of us present.

"And where will you go?" He stared at Edward confused as he spoke. "What makes you think they'll be satisfied with Alice?" My brother continued. "Or my sister?" Jacob tugged me closed so we stood only steps away from Edward now.

"What's to stop them from going after Benajmin next?" He asked, arms crossed. "Or Zephrina or Kate or anyone else with a gift? Anyone they want?" He asked incredulously, arms slapping at his side in indignation. "Their goal isn't punishment. It's power. It's acquisition." He listed. This had everyone looking at their own coven mates. 'Tell me I shouldn't?' I heard his thoughts ask. I stared at him and nodded.

'Do it. I will stand with you, Edward.' I let my thoughts drift into his mind.

"Carlisle might not ask you to fight, but I will." Finally, Edward rushed out. "For the sake of my family, but also for yours." I could feel the shock from my family at Edward's request, but ultimately, they knew it was what needed to be done. The fear, however, was justifiable. I too was scared. Scared of the outcome. More than anything, I wished for one of Alice's visions to take hold and show me any posibility of what was to come. But one did not come to me. "And for the way you want to live."

Once Edward was done talking, all were quiet. Even their thoughts had gone mute. They didn't know what to think. Eventually, their thoughts just repeated my brother's speech, mulling it all over. Fear gripped at each of them as the silence continued. I looked up at Jacob when I heard him sigh, a shake of his head and he released me from his hold, stepping forward towards my brother.

"The packs will fight." He said finitely. "We've never been afraid of vampires." He shot me a smirk before becoming serious again as he stared the others down. It was my turn to walk to my mate. I placed my palm to his cheek, smiling at him before turning to stare at the others as well.

"You have our loyalty. We will not abandon you or your family, Edouard." I smiled now in thanks to my friends from Paris. "We might have our qualms with the Volturi." Gen's tone tense even as Andres came up behind his once sister-in-law.

"But we will do what we came to do, we will help protect your family." He finished for her.

"We will fight." Tanya and her coven stood, determination in their eyes. I knew they had their own grudges against the Volturi. But despite that, they were set on helping aid my family.

"This won't be the first time I've fought a King's rule." I saw Garrett wink towards Kate as he was next to step forward.

"We'll join you." The boy I'd began to see as a dear friend upon meeting him, came forward, determination and excitement shining in his eyes.

"No!" Amun was quick to interject.

"I will do the right thing, Amon." Benjamin turned to his coven leader to say. His mate Tia behind him in solidarity. "You may do as you please." While they stared at one another, I saw Bella stand from my peripheral and make her way past me and towards Edward.

"We will stand with you." Senna smiled towards my brother and Bella, Zephrina nodding her head in agreement.

"So will we." Siobhan, the pretty red head who I later learned was the leader, and not her mate, spoke up as she stood. The rest of her clan soon standing with her. Soon, the other Nomads that Emmett and Rose had sent for came forward, showing they would stand and fight as well. I felt my eyes well with tears at this moment of unity. I buried my head into Jacob's side and I felt his arms wound around my shoulders.

"That didn't take much." Vladmir, the pale blonde joked. I saw those present roll their eyes at the sarcastic man in mild amusement.

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that." Edward reminded everyone.

"We'll see." I side eyed Alabaster, ever the pessimist as he took off right after, back to the attic. With that, the rest soon began to spread out, some taking to the back yard and some even going off for food. I stared at my family and walked up to Edward and Bella.

"Will you stay?" I turned to Esme who stood behind Edward.

"No. Go." Edward spoke up. "Go check on them. I'm sure you're both needed elsewhere. And Jacob? Thank you." Jake just nodded to him.

"Have to... help my future wife's family, right?" He joked. "But yeah, I need to update Sam and Vie's got to," he trailed off. "You know." My family went silent, but they all nodded. Rose and Esme were so desperate to see the twins. There thoughts screaming at me, both wondering when they would hold the children and what they looked like. I had to make a mental note to show them soon. At least to do so using Nessie's gift to project the image of them into their minds.

"Soon." I told them both, smiling. "Once this is all over." I answered their thoughts.

"Be careful. We will see you soon." Esme spoke, I nodded and began to make my rounds to say my goodbyes.

With that, I took Jacob's hand and we were instantly back by the trees that surrounded his family home. I was proud of him and let him know, grasping his hand firmly before he could start to trudge onto the back door like normal. He stared back at me confused and I just smiled at him before going on my toes to kiss his cheek.

"Thank you," I whispered softly.

"For what? Not puking when you popped us back here this time? 'Cause that's taking all of me not do right now." He nervously chuckled, his hand going over his stomach.

"No, for being," I paused, trying to find the right words. "For being an incredibly kind hearted, and amazing boyfriend, fiancé, father, lover. All of it, Jacob. Thank you. What you're doing? I will never be able to thank you enough. He chuckled softly before bending down to kiss me.

"I owe you a lifetime of happiness and security and everything that entails with that. For your love, your patience with me, and for giving me two of the perfect kids anyone could have asked for." He peppered my face as he spoke and I melted in his arms in that instance. But before our lips could meet again, a choir of cries stopped us. "Ah, that would be our queue." He laughed.

"Do you think they know we're nearby?" I whispered, as if they could hear me.

"I wouldn't be surprised, to be honest. Aria, for sure high possibility." He joked, already pulling me in the direction of our children.

"Might be right." I laughed. I was more than grateful for this gift of teleportation. It was helping divide our time and attentions where they needed to be and where we wanted to be, with our children.

*Next Day*

The next day, we started planning. Jacob and I had split up this morning, both of us having actually slept together and enjoyed it. He would stay at the house with the children. The pack would meet him there for convenience while Jacob informed them on the game plan. Better to have a thought-out plan for a worst-case scenario, than to be caught unaware. I'd informed him on all that I knew before we settled for the night.

The most obvious issue with the Volturi? Jane and Alec. Aro's most prized possessions. Both with the ego to match their master's arrogance. Even when under the Volturi's good graces, I never got along well with either twin. Neither liked that their ability did not work on me. They thought I was immune to their neural type powers. They never suspected that they didn't work on me because I would shut off their powers. I could only do this to one at a time though. Ego or pride would make me their likely candidate. Edward as well. He could read their minds and would be best to help us know their movements.

"And you can only stop the twins individually, not both?" Kate asked, hopeful.

"No. I can make it so they don't affect me, since copying Bella. But before, I'd only ever stand a chance, by stopping their powers one at a time. I can't utilize other abilities when I'm trying to shut off what's a part of someone else. Because that's what our abilities are, pieces of us." I sighed

"Too bad we don't all have your shield." Garret mused aloud.

"It doesn't help me fight, though." Bella said, frustrated.

"But you could help the rest of us, no?" Tanya stood, asking Bella. "If you could project it? Even if it's only at range, the both of you would be able to cover our group, no?"

"What do you mean?" Bellas asked, confused.

"I mean, could you extend the range of your shield so it covers someone else?" I thought on that and looked at Bella as I spoke to Tanya.

"The limit to the powers I copy are that of the original. If she can do that, I can too, but it would take me a lot more practice than it does Bella. That's for sure."

"It's why I could always shock you harder than you could shock me." I rolled my eyes, amused at Kate's revelation.

"Yeah. Sure." I chuckled sarcastically. She stuck her tongue out at me. "The effectiveness of the abilities I copy isn't less than the original. Just, takes me longer to learn them. Simple as that."

"Do you think t-that's possible? For me to learn?" Bella asked eagerly.

"Gifts can be developed over time. Violette's powers, or your powers that she imitates are developed at a slower rate. It's typically something similar for every vampire with abilities."

"Ah, it took me forever to be able to teleport continents away! Believe me!" Geneveve spoke next.

"Centuries, if I recall," Andres teased her. "I recall my brother returning frequently with stories of how you two ended up in the middle of the ocean, frequently." He chuckled at the memory, Chloe laughing along once Gen shoved the male in jest.

"At first mine was just in my palms. Now I can radiate it all over my body." Kate chimed in next.

"How do you do it?" Bella asked eagerly, jumping up and zooming towards her. Kate sighed, not sure how to explain or if to. Bella, overly eager, gripped her arm.

"Tell me." she insisted.

"Ow." I chuckled. "You're lucky that shield of yours protects you from my gifts, you know?" I outright laughed at Kate's comment that time.

"Sounds like we need a new kind of training regimen." I grinned at the two girls.

"You said before you worked to see what gifts worked on Bella and which didn't, yes?" The three of us nodded our heads at Carlisle.

"With me being the exception. Neurological abilities don't work on Bella. Mental powers are a no go for her, her shield blocks them." I informed Carlisle.

"You're an exception?" I nodded my head. "Alice couldn't see the futures of any of the wolves, if she focused on others futures, say Bella's, she had a better chance. Last we spoke, she said it was clearer for her, but not completely clear. I think the prolonged presence of the wolves, helped her improve her gift. However, I never had any trouble. Edward couldn't read Bella's thoughts, but I could. Was either of those things easy to do? No, but I could do it, when they couldn't. I think it's because I'm different, too. But don't really have a concreate explanation."

"I thought Bella was human?" I looked to Tanya and grinned sheepishly.

"She was." Edward spoke up.

"I did say it wasn't a concrete explanation." I laughed nervously.

"Okay, okay! Enough...talking about it. Let's go!" Bella snagged both mine and Kate's arm and quickly pulled us away, nearly tearing off our arms in the process. At the speed Bella was going, it didn't take long for us to arrive at a clearing, a decent distance from the house.

"Okay now what?" Bella was nearly bouncing in place in excitement.

"You need to visualize it. See how it comes. What color it is. Now picture it expanding. Will it to go beyond you." Kate instructed her. I saw Bella tense up at the instruction as she tried it out.

"I think she needs something to motivate her." I suggested, grinning. Edward shot me an incredulous look before looking ahead, defeated. He stepped forward a second later.

"Will you be doing the honors?" Kate asked, grinning evilly back at me.

"Oh no, I might hold back. Him being my brother and all." I winked at her, my mischievous grin matching hers. Edward removed his ring, being metal and all, and stood in front of Kate.

"No." Bella said sternly, taking a step forward as well.

"It's okay, I can take it." He shot me a look. I simply shrugged, feigning ignorance.

"He says that now." Garret grumbled, having met the full force of Kate's abilities when she was proving her point after he attempted to bruise her ego.

"Focus, Bella!" Emmett grinned, eager for the show as much as I was. "Or Edward's gonna be hurting." He reached behind Garrote, palm reached out to me and facing the sky. I reached mine out and slapped his palm in a low five.

"Edward I'm not ready to do this, yet!" Bella insisted, worriedly, as my idiot brother reached out towards Kate's twitching fingers. I laughed out loud at his shout, having obviously been shocked. Emmette's boom of a laugh following mine. "I'm sorry! I said that I wasn't ready!" the look on my brother's face had me laughing even harder.

"Shouldn't you be practicing this, too?" he turned to me, annoyed.

"Dude, you're not motivating her." Emmett spoke next, trying to defuse our brother.

"You want to try?" it clearly hadn't worked. Emmett just lifted his hands up in surrender.

"I'd let her shock you on purpose, Em." I joked and he reached over to shove me. I laughed. "Okay, okay! Round two!" Bella looked at me freaked out and I grinned at her sheepishly. Kate lifted her palm up again, wiggling her fingers to signal Edward to reach out. "Get ready, Bells." I reminded her. My brother was shocked again, this time longer. I didn't laugh this time, just sighed. I began to wonder if it was even something Bella could do, but paused at Kate's thoughts.

"You seem to lack incentive. Shall I see if Renesmee is awake?"

"Are you crazy?!"

"Kate," I said in a warning tone.

"Alright, this one's on full power." Kate lifted her palm again.

"Wait." I called out. I walked towards Bella. "Okay Bella, let's try something else. Use me as an amp. Let's see if that helps you extend out, okay?" I told her.

'You aren't going to do it, are you?' My brother thought nervously to me.

'Nope.' I said simply, not looking at him, eyes still on Bella. 'Let's hope this works, or was nice knowing you, Eddy.' I thought, mildly serious. Edwards nervous, and slightly fearful, gaze fell on his wife before he walked towards Kate again. We all waited on bated breath as they touched.

"It's painful, but it's bearable." Edward said, shocked. Kate and I grinned at each other.

"And that, was without me amping you up, by the way." I winked at Bella. She looked shocked for a second before grinning with confidence.

"Okay we should go again!" She said, excitedly.

"Emmett?" I chortled, bending forward in laughter as Edward turned to look at Em desperately.

"Ugh, I'm good." We continued doing that, until Bella's shield dulled more and more of Kate's ability until it simply felt like a simple numbing feeling over Edward's arm.

"Okay, me next!" I said excitedly.

"And will you be waiting for your mate to arrive back?" my brother asked, sarcastically.

"Aww!" I pouted, dejectedly. "Emm, you stand in, come on!"

"That's a good idea, actually. I think I need a break." Bella laughed. I walked over to Emmett, pulling him until he stood in front of Kate.

"Relax, I was watching how she was doing it!" I reassured him.

"Oh hell no. Rose!" Emmett made a dash for the house. Edward and the others laughing.

"Coward!" I called to him, huffing. I looked at Garette in question.

"Oh no, I think our zap queen needs her rest, too. Let's pick up when your brother is in better spirits." Edward turned to look at him in disbelief.

"Ah fine! No fun." I laughed before zooming off to the front of the house. I wanted to see if Jacob had arrived back yet, but he hadn't, sadly. It had been a while since I fed, and I realized that I really needed to up my strength if I was to partake in any fight. Going into the fridge, I pulled out a bag of blood. It was left over cougar blood. I poured it into a glass, completely prepared to walk to the study.

"Does that taste as bad as it smells?" I turned to look at Benjamin. I made a face, in thought.

"Mmm.... maybe I'm just used to it, but it doesn't taste bad, either. Not to me, anyways."

"May I?" He pointed to what remained in the bag. I nodded, passing it over to him. He managed a sip before coughing violently. "Oh, that's an interesting flavor, yes." I laughed softly.

"Maybe cougar isn't for you." I laughed.

"Different animals taste different?" I nodded my head.

"Oh yes! I'm.... not ..." I paused, knowing this was a hard topic of conversation with someone who killed humans to feed. "I don't like the thought of killing to survive. Animals and especially not humans. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a preference for rabbit, or caribou." I smiled sadly. "Although, rabbit doesn't yield much, and caribou are more seasonal around these woods." I finished as I scratched behind my ear.

"Humans, do they not kill animals to survive as well? There is nothing wrong with you or I for doing the same, no?" He wasn't wrong.

"It's different." I said, certain.

"How so?" he wasn't judging, or even trying to sway me. He was just curious. I could both see, hear and feel that from him.

"I can see into their minds, hear their thoughts. Their emotions. Almost as if they were my own. I take comfort in knowing I can lessen their fear when we kill animals, but it doesn't stop my heart for breaking for these living beings. That's all." he was quiet for a bit. "I imagine that if humans could do the same, they'd probably be vegetarian, too." I smiled at him, joking to ease the uncomfortable tension I felt from this conversation.

"Might you have any other kind?" he lifted the bag of blood. I nodded.

"I think there's some Elk left over from Nessie feeding earlier, actually." I went back to the fridge and found it in a plastic cup. "Here you go. Give it a try." Hesitantly this time around, he did, but not before shooting me a nervous smile. I waited for the coughing fit again, but was surprised when it never came. He did make a slight face at the end. "Yeah, that after taste isn't the best."

"It wasn't the worst." he smiled at me and I grinned at him, nodding. "Thank you. I will take these two for Tia to try." he smiled one last time at me before walking away.

"At this rate, you might sway them all to being.... bunny eaters." I spun, spotting Jacob who leaned against the doorway, arms crossed.

"Violette Elizabeth Mason Cullen, Human Rights Activist, at your service." I grinned at him.

"Somebody, quick. Call PETA." I shoved him and he grinned at me, pulling me to him before kissing my lips softly. "I missed you." He spoke against my lips quietly.

"I missed you, too." I replied back.

"Just me?" He asked, thinking about our two children at his family home.

"Missed all of you." I whispered back. He pulled me tighter against him, kissing the top of my head.

"Guess what?" I made a small noise in response, urging him to continue. "Emily's pregnant." I pulled my head away from his chest, a wide and happy grin on my face.

"Really?!" I squealed. He just nodded. I began to jump up and down, throwing my arms around his neck. "Oh my god, that's wonderful!" I pulled back. "Can we go visit her later?" He just gave a sad smile in return and I stopped my jumping. "What is it?"

"The news... Sam's over the moon about it, but," he began to scratch the back of his neck. "With everything going on, Sam wants her to go over to her cousin's place at another reservation. He's having her pack her things now and he's driving her out there later." I looked away, wrapping my arms around myself. "He's just... doing what he thinks is best for his family, baby." he explained sadly, and I just nodded my head. He sighed before pulling me back to him and kissing my head. "I gotta go find your brother. I'll come find you in a bit, okay?" I just nodded, still hugging myself as he came forward to kiss me one final time before walking off.

After he walked out, I stayed rooted in my spot. That is, until I heard something fall to the ground. Confused, I looked right above my head, where the source of the noise was coming from. That was the library. I rushed to the top instantly. Before I could push the door open, I felt that growing pressure in my head right behind my eyes. I was having a vision. I could see some tickets, fake identification. New identities. Five of them. I was too confused. Everything stuffed inside a book in Bella's hands. Wasting no time, I pushed the door open and walked in. Bella looking back to me, the same book from my vision in her possession and a dejected look on her face.

"Alice." She uttered simply, sadly. I suddenly understood. I wasn't the only one who took precautionary measures. My adoptive sister had, too.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 3.2K 23
||2021 WATTYS SHORTLIST|| Left in charge of Sam while her dad and Dean are off on a hunt, Sarah Winchester soon discovers that Forks isn't without mo...
276K 5.8K 17
Anastasia Cullen abandoned as a baby in the forest founded by Rosalie Hale and raised as a Cullen. She's Jasper's blood singer. Jasper has always bee...
54.7K 2.4K 35
It's been a year since Tatum and her family moved to Forks and the only way to celebrate it is with a whole bunch of unneeded drama. But then again...
254K 6.7K 27
"The smell of her hair, the taste of her mouth, the feeling of her skin seemed to have gotten inside him, or into the air all around him. She had be...