Phytoremediation

By StrangerFR

Basil begged his parents to let him move out of Faraway after his bullying got worse when the truth came out... More

Prologue
Cut my palms, and make me put white gloves on.
I'm not "that guy" anymore, and I made damn well sure he's dead.
I'm gripping the grass, and I'm pulling up daisies
Tomorrow's too late, Amen.
While I tied my boots like a tightrope noose
I lack ambition from the side, monsters eaten me
Thank matter for mass and the comfort of gravity
Shields himself from reason with a kevlar baby blue tuxedo
I am the shadows cast aside by the gallows and you, the red-hot sky
Here comes the sun, am I falling up?
Auf wiedersehen, au revoir, he gripped his wits right by their ends
Can you heal me? Have I gained too much?
The atmosphere changing colours by sheer force of will
It's better to be laughed at than wrong.
Cry my name, remind my brain of my identity
I'm still picking up my molars, and putting them back in my face
You're trying to replace yourself
Am I really that bad?
And if I change can I still stay me
Will you lead me straight to paradise?
Well, if winter comes and takes my life
Good times on Front Street
Glass half full, I'd probably just drink that too
I'm the Main Character, and you have to like me.
Well this is my lysergide daydream
Sober, but still so much hangs over
I'm not a flower, not a solar-powered calculator
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, but something will eventually
Everyone will see it. Everything's connected.
Colour makes us hungry, hunger makes us human
It's awful out here, Socrates.
A place you've seen before you were born.
Cry a hymn out in Hungarian harmonic
I'll turn up the heat if it's too much
To love one from too far to call
Bite your tongue and smile, stick around a while
Transcript C71096I5a
I'm done pounding my head against the kitchen floor
One more or one less, nobody's worried
Under a Monochrome Sky
Woke up smiling like I blacked out in Glasgow
Life is just okay out here, anyone can see
The overwhelming harmony, consuming the colony
This is a triumph
Delta Echo Alpha Delta
I'm only passing through (that was fun, goodbye!)
The one you could not have killed.
Damn that oxymoron...
This suit doesn't fit me, I made it myself counterfeit-ly
No I don't believe, there's a place I can call.
By your side
The circle rules your mind
How bad can I possibly be? Let's see.
And god damn it, we liked it.
Mortem Obire
Right by my side
I got Anubis on my back, and something in my shoe
Transcript B29070067SI1a
Well isn't it funny? But not "haha" funny, but, y'know, "funny"
Culture's not your friend.
Praying you might die before I fall in love with you.
I just like you a little more than me
Could you airbrush my scars?
Something glowing
To see how the fire side of us burns.
It might be heaven & it might be hell
Lost in my reverie
Tell me where I came from, what I will always be.
Live long and prosper while the winter melts away
TWO TRUCKS HAVING SEX
Business as usual
Two's company, tea's a crowd
Don't mean to bug, but I thought I'd tell you that your shoes are untied
A picture of you, killing me, with deja vu
Neither of us will be missed
Now my body's on land but my heart will reside
Shame on a martyr claiming friends
Gone fission
Come back again to make things stand
I can tell it's there by the way it's not quite there
The limits of your mind
So don't apologize when you turn blue and cold
When you become untouchable you're unable to touch
Pianissimo, più Pianissimo

Don't you make me waste my breath

624 30 73
By StrangerFR

"God damn it." Sunny muttered as he clutched at his bandaged eye in pain. A painful stinging began, and soon subsided in his cornea.

Basil put his hand over Sunny's left hand that was unmoved on the mattress. "Are you okay?"

"It's fine, just my eye started stinging. The part that was hurt before." Sunny answered with some relief that the stinging stopped. He unknowingly danced around saying that Basil was the one who hurt it, not wanting to make Basil feel bad.

"Sunny... can I tell you something?" Basil asked looking down at his lap.

Sunny's mind raced, wondering what it could be Basil was wanting to tell him, but his face remained flat as always, as he uttered "Sure." with the emotional intonation of a brick.

"Well... that night... the one the day before you left... I-" Basil's sentence was cut off by Sunny's mother bursting into the room.

"Sunny! You're awake! I was so worried!" She said while she hugged Sunny, tears falling from her eyes, "I shouldn't've locked you out! I promise I will never be so callous again!"

Basil looked at her with an awkward expression. Obviously, he knew this before, but Sunny and his mother, Magnolia didn't know that he did.

"Ah... Basil! Thank you so much for always visiting my boy! I... er... have some family matters that-" Magnolia began, but Basil interrupted politely.

"I'll be on my way, don't worry, Mrs. Magnolia." Basil said. He smiled at Sunny, and waved a goodbye before leaving the room.

"Alright, Sunny, I promise I won't make you go outside from now on. I'm sorry I locked you out so much, I was just worried you would be always spending your days inside..." Sunny looked at his mom while she spoke shakily.

"It's fine mom, I just want to go home now." Sunny said quietly.

"Okay honey, the doctor said you were fine to go home. Is your eye hurting around the edges?" Magnolia asked with concern.

"I'm okay, mom." Sunny muttered.

Sunny and his mother left the hospital promptly, Sunny adjusting to walking for the first time in 2 days.

I was hoping I'd at least see Basil on the way out...

The car ride home was far quicker than Sunny expected, barely even a 5 minute drive away.

As Sunny's mother pulled into the driveway, Sunny left the car and silently walked to his room. He just wanted to go on his computer, and unwind.

Sunny turned on his monitor, and then his computer. It made its usual weird whirring, and the screen flashed to life.

The weird logo for the operating system being used popped up on the screen, before it flashed to his desktop.

Sunny clicked on his web browser, and began to type in the name of his choice flash games site, before he paused.

I forgot, I guess I should check on that forum post.

Sunny made a forum post 2 weeks ago on a flash games forum, he couldn't beat a level on some puzzle game, so he tried asking about the solution.

After typing in the website's address the page loaded for a few moments, before opening to the homepage. The notifications bell caught his eye with the giant "999+" next to it.

I should've checked it sooner.

Sunny clicked on the first notification on the list, sending him to the bottom of a giant page listing every comment on his post.

Somehow the conversation had turned to time travel and mysticism. One person linked to a so-called real time traveller, another linking to the infamous "Mystic Marjorie" who had apparently just come to China, and was grifting in Shanghai.

Sunny rolled his eyes, this really didn't help his issue with the puzzle game he was playing before. He clicked the time traveller's page anyway out of curiousity.

The page was filled with ridiculous predictions that Sunny couldn't help but laugh at. It was impressive how many inane ramblings were listed though.

"Queen of England dies, July 4th, 2003. Puerto Rico becomes 4th state, October 10th, 2003. Israel declares war on Egypt, February 2nd, 2004." The variety was amicable.

Sunny scrolled down some more, looking at the wild predictions. "World's first functioning phone watch, May 3rd, 2010. Sardinia declares independence from Italy, June 21st, 2010. USSR reforms with Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, and Estonia, November 13th, 2010."

Sunny laughed aloud when he scrolled down again, reading the absurd musings. Whether it was "Worldwide pandemic begins, March 10th, 2020." Or the more confusing "Last Beatle dies, May 18th, 2024."

Sunny finally reached the bottom of the page with, "Last human dies, April 12th, 2050."

That's a bit morbid.

Sunny shook his head. He closed the tab, and closed the now worthlessly bloated forum post. He decided to open his messaging application before going to play whatever new flash games were available.

Some messages were waiting for him, and a friend request. Sunny checked who it was, and was only a little bit surprised to see "TheMaverickREAL" had sent him a request.

Sunny clicked the accept button and began to check the new messages.

<xXAubreyXx> yo sunny i gave mihkael ur username
<xXAubreyXx> mikhael

July 23rd, 2000

<xXAubreyXx> dude wtf did hero do to u kel judt told me
<xXAubreyXx> hello
<xXAubreyXx> istg if this is some dumb joke im gonna beat the shti out of you

July 24th, 2000

<xXAubreyXx> bro you beter fuckkin wake up today or im gona kill hero
<xXAubreyXx> i meag it sunny

That seems a bit extreme.

Sunny responded quickly. It was already 2pm, who knows what Aubrey could end up doing.

<Sunnny> I'm awake, Aubrey.
<Sunnny> No murder.

After waiting a moment, Sunny decided to respond to Basil, seeing no evidence of Aubrey coming back online any time soon.

Before he could even read Basil's messages, Mikhael apparently sent him a message. He could wait.

<BasilC> hey sunny!
<BasilC> i hope ur feeling better!! if ur seeing this the day i sent it, then that means im still preparing a present for u!! if not, then u probably already have it lol. have a good day today, sunny!!! =)

Sunny blushed at the message. Basil was giving him something again, he was too selfless. Sunny, however, was also not stupid enough to look a gift horse in the mouth. Never refuse a gift, lest they change their minds. Grandpa said that a lot.

Sunny responded promptly, but tried to be as polite and nice as he could be over text.

<Sunnny> Thank you very much, Basil. =^)

Basil responded immediately, but Sunny felt he kept someone waiting, so read it, then switched to Mikhael.

<BasilC> kkkkkkk you dont put a nose on the smiley face it looks weeeeirddd

Sunny smiled, then read what Mikhael was practically spamming him with.

<TheMaverickREAL> Sunny my friend how are you
<TheMaverickREAL> btw just in case the shadow cabal infiltrated our private messages, we can only speak about our prodigy initiative in codes, ok??
<TheMaverickREAL> suny are you there??????
<TheMaverickREAL> i can see ur onlime, waht r u doing
<TheMaverickREAL> did the shadow cablal get u

Sunny rolled his eyes. Exactly what he should've expected.

<TheMaverickREAL> helgo????

<Sunnny> What's up, Mikhael.

<TheMaverickREAL> threre you are! My brother! My second greatest ally! I having touble.

<Sunnny> What is it that you're having trouble with, Mikhael?

<TheMaverickREAL> so u know in englihsh the thing the black panther partie spay painted everywhere

<Sunnny> Which thing?

<TheMaverickREAL> it said comrades in arms in engilsh
<TheMaverickREAL> i need to kow how to spell the frist word in english, and how to say it all

Sunny sighed aloud, and began explaining it.

<Sunnny> It's spelled comrades, and is pronounced like this:

Sunny sounded it aloud, trying to put on an american accent.

"Comm. Radz. Ing. Arns."

<Sunnny> So you first say "com" then "ra" and end it with the "ts" sound. Then you just say "xing" without the "sh" and then you sort of combine "ar" and then pronounce "n" and end with the "s" sound.

<TheMaverickREAL> wow thats hard to say. how do peple speak english.

Reading your messages, you seem to barely be able to speak Chinese.

Sunny kept that comment to himself.

<Sunnny> I'm gonna go play some video games dude, I'll talk to you later.

<TheMaverickREAL> kk broe, ill see u later

Sunny cringed at the butchering of language, and clicked back on his web browser. He fumbled with the keys, the depth perception he had lost messing up his typing.

After a few corrections, he was back onto his flash games site. A new game had shown up, but it was just hangman.

It's only fun when you're playing with someone else...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

718 35 5
currently discontinued due to having no motivation. i may or may not pick it up again in the future, but for now, dont expect any updates Headcannons...
26.8K 699 19
10 years later, things have changed for everybody. and, when sunny returns to faraway, he'll see just how much. the new and improved rewrite of omori...
14.6K 270 11
Basil is an average 16 year old shy boy with his soft and messy Dirty-Blonde hair and his stunning diamond blue eyes. A charming personality and some...
49.5K 420 28
2 years after the good ending of omori, sunny is going to college and after all that long time he finds kel, basil and Aubrey going to the same colle...