Twisted Truth

By Kay121x

Adaline Webster to the outside world had it all wealth, power and a place in the world of business however sh... More

CHAPTER ONE
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two

Chapter Two

513 8 3
By Kay121x

ADDIE

"NO! NO PLEASE I'LL BE A GOOD GIRL I PROMISE! PLEASE DON'T HURT ME AGAIN!" The little girl begs and pleads with the man gripping onto her hair. It's useless though, the man's alcohol induced rage has taken over and he only has sights for the small girl. She goes to say something again but is roughly cut off by feeling an intense pain in her face. The man had punched the little girl square across the face, sending her flying across the room.

"This is what you get for being a twisted little fuck! You know better than to talk to me! Your nothing! NOTHING!" the man sends a brutal kick to the girl's stomach before kneeling down to wrap his fingers around her neck squeezing the life out of her.

Pounding on the front door pulls me out of my nightmare with a gasp. I look around my room in fear that the man is still here gently touching my neck, as I can still feel the lingering touch of the monsters' hands. Sighing, it was just a dream it's not real Addie get it together. The banging continues as I get out of bed and walk towards the front door. I catch a mirror as I go and I look a mess, ginger hair stuck to my face with sweat and the bags under my eyes seem to get darker with each day. 

I've not seen a good night's sleep in months.

"What on earth is with all the banging!?" I question as I open the front door to my apartment, finding Jessica my best friend - and a right pain in the arse- about to continue her assault on my door.

"Well, it took you long enough ginge. For a minute there I thought I was gonna have to break down the door! Wow don't you look like shit." She exclaims as she pushes past me and flings herself back on my couch.

Jessica Patterson was the first girl I'd met who was actually genuine when I came over to the states. I met her in the club when I first started, and we hit it off right away. She is definitely more outgoing than me and sometimes is way too loud for her own good, but she is my best friend and I wouldn't change her for the world.

"So, what are you doing here at half 9 in the morning?" The question falls from my lips as I try to rub the sleep for my eyes.

"Well since I don't work with you anymore you've been MIA, so I thought I'd come to you! You're gonna get cleaned up and look a lot less shitty, then we are going to go for brunch."

Did I also mention the girl has no filter at all. Shaking my head with a small smile on my face I make my way to the bathroom to try wash away the night, hoping it might shake the thoughts of my nightmare. After 20 minutes I'm washed and clean, but my head is still very much a mess, but we move. Finally, I'm dressing in jeans, an oversized roll neck jumper and one of my thickest winter jackets because New York is freezing at this time of year.

"Don't you scrub up well ginge!" Jessica whistles which gets her the middle finger in return.

"Shut it you and let's go! I'm starving and in desperate need of a coffee." Pushing her out the door and into the crisp air of Brooklyn as we head down to our favorite cafe that is only 5 minutes down the road.

The morning I had with Jess really did make a difference to my mood she really does have that effect on people. Jessica Patterson is a true New Yorker it runs through her veins she always says. She doesn't come from much money, but her family is like gold dust. Since my brother and I don't celebrate thanksgiving, I've spent the past 3 years going to the Patterson's for the holiday and it's nice to finally get a real sense of what having a normal family is like. Here's where the guilt kicks in though. Jess doesn't know the real me, well she does I don't put on a show I'm just me, Addie Jones. What I mean to say is she knows nothing about how I'm related to Mr. Daniel Webster CEO of Webster Industries, how I've been brought up with a considerable amount of wealth but also that I'm an orphan. I spun some story that I don't speak with my parents to save myself from getting the looks of pity that I've gotten most of my life.

~~~~

It's been two weeks since my meeting with Daniel and my lunch with Jess. It's been manic between working shifts at the club and trying to keep up with school, I'm beginning to feel burnt out. The good news is that thanksgiving is just round the corner which doesn't mean too much to me, but it does mean time off from both work and school. The only downside to this week is that its Daniels birthday and we still haven't spoken and I don't plan too.

It's not like he hasn't tired, the countless messages and phone calls all left unread don't seem to give him the message and in true Webster style I have also noticed on several occasions a car parked outside my house. Typical, the controlling nature of my family never ceases to amaze me.

It's the night before thanksgiving and I'm bored of sitting in these four walls alone and in my head. So I've planned a night out in the big apple with the big idiot herself, Jess. Miss Jessica never does take much convincing to have a night out, the girl loves a good party.

Its 10pm and Jess should be arriving soon. I've applied a thin dusting of foundation to my pale complexion, and I apply the finishing touches to my eyes so that it looks perfect. I've curled my long ginger locks and pinned my bangs out of my face. Looking at myself in the mirror I look good -if I do say so myself.

My front door opens and in walks Jess wearing the tightest and shortest black dress I've seen her own but my god she looks amazing. "Well look at you! You look amazing!" I exclaim pulling her in for a hug.

"You look sexy as fuck! Wow are you trying to get laid!" What did I say, no filter.

"No, I'm not planning on getting laid." I deadpan. Checking my phone, I see the cab driver has messaged to say they are outside and we are off.

Sin is one of the most popular clubs in the city and rightfully so, the atmosphere is electric, and it oozes class. I was able to pull some strings with Chase since he owes me one to get us in without fee or the wait out in the freezing cold. To say Jess was impressed was an understatement but the subject was quickly dropped once alcohol was placed in her hands.

"I could get used to this!" She shouts over the pounding music pulling me into her as we dance. I smile brightly at her as I sway my hips to the beat of the music. I smirk when I see a tall man grasp Jess round the waste and pull her in for a dance.

Shaking my head with a smile I leave her too it and make my way to the bar, planning on drinking myself to a state where I can sleep soundly - pathetic I know. 

After countless shots alongside my gin and tonic's I can say Adaline Webster is drunk, not paralytic but drunk enough to be fully relaxed.

I've stayed at the bar watching with amusement at people on the dance floor. Girls having the time of their lives with friends and couples shamelessly groping and grinding on each other without a care in the world. Sometimes I feel slight envy at others, how they can just fully let go and properly enjoy themselves. I am always thinking about something and if I'm not it's usually because I've put myself in danger, it's happened too many times to count now.

"We have got to stop meeting each other like this spitfire." A voice whispers in my ear causing goosebumps to arise on my arms. Turning my head to the right I find none other than Rocco Rodriguez standing in front of me with the biggest smirk plastered on his face.

"I now do feel like you are stalking me Mr. Rodriguez."

"Stalking you? No sweetheart I think it's the other way round. This is my club, so it appears that you are stalking me." Now that revelation shocks me.

"Well, aren't you just full of surprises."

"Are you here alone? Doesn't seem like that would be your style."

"No, it's not my style, I'm here with..." looking around to try and find Jess but coming up empty. "It appears my friend has left." I shrug as I place my drink to my lips. Not really worried these things happen and I'm fully capable of getting home on my own. 

Let's hope the girl gets a good lay.

"What kind of friend leaves you on your own in a club?" Rocco questions looking rather pissed.

"A single one? Look it doesn't really matter I'm a big girl, I'm fully capable of getting home myself."

"Absolutely not! I will take you home." Now this makes me laugh who does he think he is? But when I look him in the eye and see he isn't joking.

"Oh... you're not joking? Look I don't need the help but thanks for the offer." I go to walk away but he catches my arm in his hand causing me to stop.

"No. I'll take you home. Its nearly 2am we can go now if you want?" Looks like I'm not getting out of this one, so I nod my head and follow his lead.

We get into a matte black Audi R8 that is parked outside the front of the club. I am motioned to get into the passenger seat as Rocco says something to the bouncer before getting into the car.

I give him my address before we descend into a comfortable silence, just listening to the lull of the car's engine.

"So do you do anything other than work at the club?" His attempt at small talk makes me chuckle slightly.

"Erm no I don't just bartend, I'm in school full time as well." I explain and Rocco nods his head. We return to silence until he is parked at my apartment block, and we are out the car. I lead him in the front door catching sight of, yet another car parked watching my building which angers me.

Shaking my head, I lead the way up to my door and motion for Rocco to enter but he shakes his head.

"I would love to come in spitfire but I'm afraid I would do something I wouldn't regret but you might in the morning, so I'll bid you goodnight at the door." His confession sparks something in me and I lean forward pressing my lips gently onto his.

"Thank you for taking me home." I whisper against his lips before pulling away. My insides on fire at my actions. 

"Your welcome spitfire." He smirks before turning to head back down the wooden staircase and into the night. Leaving me there with one of the biggest smiles on my on my face. Maybe entertaining Rocco Rodriguez won't be so bad after all.

The dress Addie was wearing to the club.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Hello darlings thank you again for reading!

Some sneak peaks into the inter working of Addies mind but it's just the start!

If you can a cheeky wee vote and comment would be fab!xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5K 714 62
Alone. A simple word that has always held many meanings to Ella, and starting her senior year at a new high school, solitude had seemed the easiest w...
17.5K 530 77
"Who are you exactly?!" I growled angrily. She tried to free herself from my grasp, but I pinned her to the wall. She glared at me angrily as she kep...
127K 4.4K 93
Katherine Reynolds and Erik Jones couldn't be any more different. White/black, Upper class/lower class, sweet and innocent/dangerous and corrupt. Th...
395 36 18
I can't help but gulp at our close proximity and the fire that seems to burn in his eyes. At the same time, I feel a sense of inferiority to him that...