Marauder's Daughter (Eventual...

By AriaNightingale

Abigail Nova Black, the half-blood daughter of Sirius Black, is reborn into the Wizarding world. Losing her m... More

Abigail Black and the Marauders of War
Prologue: Death
Chapter 1: An Unexpected Surprise
Chapter 2: Meeting the Marauders
Chapter 3: Order of the Phoenix
Chapter 4: Prophecy
Chapter 5: Distrust
Chapter 6: Times of Peace
Chapter 7: Peaceful Childhood
Abigail Black and the Trio of Trouble
Chapter 8: Wand Chooses the Wizard
Chapter 9: Hogwarts
Chapter 10: Lessons
Chapter 11: Flight
Chapter 12: Forbidden Forest
Chapter 13: Truce
Chapter 14: An Uneventful Second Year
Abigail Black and the Boy Who Lived
Chapter 15: Harry's Hogwarts Letter
Chapter 16: Harry's Past Revealed
Chapter 17: Fluffy
Chapter 18: Occlumency Master
Chapter 19: Halloween and Quidditch
Chapter 20: Holiday
Chapter 21: Mirror of Erised
Chapter 22: Trap Door
Chapter 23: Norbert
Chapter 24: Powerful Magic
Abigail Black and the Diary of Riddle
Chapter 25: House Elves and Snakes
Chapter 26: Gilderoy Lockhart
Chapter 27: Tom Riddle
Chapter 28: Bludger
Chapter 29: Chamber of Secrets
Chapter 30: Secrets Revealed
Chapter 31: Professor Lupin
Chapter 32: Buckbeak
Chapter 33: Training Harry and Fighting Fears
Chapter 34: Halloween Hogsmeade Debacle
Chapter 35: Riddle's Acceptance
Chapter 36: Civil Slytherins
Chapter 37: Freeing Creatures
Abigail Black and the Triwizard Tournament
Chapter 38: Dress Shopping
Chapter 39: Camping
Chapter 40: Death Eaters
Chapter 41: Alchemy
Chapter 42: Champions
Chapter 43 Alexei
Chapter 44: Dragons
Chapter 45: Yule Ball
Chapter 46: Second Task
Chapter 47: New Allies
Chapter 48: Impersonation
Chapter 49: Graveyard Battle
Chapter 50: Aftermath
Chapter 51: Farewells
Abigail Black and the Return of Voldemort
Chapter 52: Truth Time
Chapter 53: Grimauld Place
Chapter 54: Dolores Umbridge
Chapter 55: Dark Uses
Chapter 56: New Professor
Chapter 57: What is Love?
Chapter 59: Preparing
Chapter 60: Department of Mysteries
Chapter 61: Graduation
Abigail Black and the Horcrux Hunt
Chapter 62: Working Together
Chapter 63: Weasley's Wizard Wheezes
Chapter 64: Durmstrang
Chapter 65: Exorcism
Chapter 66: Dolohov
Chapter 67: Gringotts
Chapter 68: Battle of Hogwarts
Chapter 69: Voldemort's Demise
Chapter 70: Willing Sacrifice
Chapter 71: New Life
Chapter 72: Tom Reborn
Tom Drake
Abigail Black and the Epilogues of Joy
Chapter 73: Epilogue - Prophecy Understood
Chapter 74: Epilogue - Shopping Day
Chapter 75: Epilogue - Future Plans
Chapter 76: Epilogue - Bill & Fleur's Wedding
Chapter 77: Epilogue - Curse Breaker
Chapter 78: Epilogue - Wedding
Chapter 79: Epilogue - Five and Ten Years Later
Chapter 80: Epilogue - Death
Thank you!

Chapter 58: Conviction

1.4K 72 0
By AriaNightingale

After breakfast the next morning, during which I chatted with my girlfriends about the failed date from the day before, I headed down to the dungeons.

"Good morning, Professor!" I say cheerily to the Potions master, who glares at me for speaking so happily to him.

"Let us get on with this." Snape drawls out, already over my happy mood.

"Well, this ought to be fun." I say sarcastically, taking a seat across from his desk. "Come inside of Konoha, I'll show you several whole new worlds." I grin at him, and he looks minutely curious at me. We both enter my realm after he locks the office doors behind me so we won't be interrupted at all.

"You've made improvements." He observes right away. I've expanded parts of Konoha for when I'm talking with Tom, adding in a cloud watching area, a chess board, and a larger and more comfortable seating area in the treehouse. I have also just put more detail in general to the surroundings so it feels more lifelike.

"I spend a lot of time in here." I say truthfully, and lead him to the treehouse once again. "So, officially at this point, Dad, Remus, and Harry are the only ones who know my truth. None of them are Legilimens though, and since I don't have a Pensieve, you're the only one who gets to actually see it. I'm kind of excited to have someone see it though, so this could be rather fun." I grin at him, which of course he doesn't return and just deadpans at me.

"Get to the point, Black. You have too much knowledge to be normal, I have been more than lenient on not reporting you or exposing you earlier, but if what you say today does not satisfy me, then I will be exposing you to Dumbledore." He threatens me, and I glare lightly at him for his threats.

"It's a good thing this will cover me well." I say firmly, forming a doorway out of thin air. "We're about to go full inception here, try and keep up." I stand up then and he follows suit. "For starters, I'm a resurrected soul. And for second, you and everyone else in our world were all characters in a book from my first world." I say seriously, and he stares hard at me.

For an hour, I explain everything to him. When I get to the resurrections, I walk him through the door and into a flood of memories from my first resurrection. It's odd to see since we are both 3-dimensional beings walking freely through an animated world, but he is understanding more and more as we go. When we get to the second one, he vaguely recognizes the Batman symbol since some muggle kids in his village had it on their school bags. As I show him the two worlds, I don't focus on my specific memories, just on the worlds themselves and on who I was in the worlds, I know he won't care about the stories or the people from there. I then take him back to the treehouse and tell him in detail about the Harry Potter books, and the final piece that convinces him is when I out him for being in love with Lily and having a doe Patronus.

"You knew this whole time about Lily?" He asks quietly, and then frowns. "You had a chance to save her. And you didn't." He angrily says, standing up to glare at me down his hooked nose.

"Sit down." I say calmly. "I loved Lily too, she was my godmother and she helped raise me. And don't point a finger at me when you were the one who told Voldemort the prophecy in the first place." I add coldly, and he looks down in shame at that.

"I didn't know it was about her son. I tried to have the Dark Lord spare her." He admits quietly.

"I know. I'm just saying don't blame me, I did everything I could." I counter softly.

"Why tell me this?" He asks idly after a few quiet minutes. "From what I've seen and what you've told me, why tell me anything at all? Surely you didn't do all this just for my book, you likely could have just stolen it from me."

"True, I could have. But I wanted to earn it." I admit truthfully. "I've stolen from my friends before in the past, and while it's useful, they probably would have just given me the items if I had asked. So this was me asking. And you're right, I really didn't tell you all this for a book. I did it so someone who knows Voldemort could know what's going to happen. Your fate is a tragic one, and growing up here I found I quite like you and would like to see your fate changed. You've helped me immensely in this world. My Occlumency realm has been the most useful thing ever, and I never would have been able to have it without you. I never would have been able to make a very good friend of mine without you."

"Who?" He asks skeptically. I only vaguely alluded to Tom earlier, but knew that would escalate to a whole different topic and I was in the middle of talking about resurrections.

"Another soul who is fractured like I used to be. A soul I can now honestly say is healing. Slowly, and maybe impossibly, but he is healing." I say with a soft smile. I haven't checked on Tom since I left my offer to him a couple days ago, I wanted to give him time to think about it.

"You cannot possibly mean Voldemort?" He whispers out in disbelief.

"No." I say firmly. "Tom is no longer Voldemort. Or really, he never became Voldemort, not when he made his first Horcrux. He's renounced Voldemort by now. He doesn't know I can feel his emotions when he's here, so I've been able to feel the anger and evil ebb away from him over the years. He's just a boy who never had a friend or family, or anyone to tell him that his darkness doesn't make him evil. He's basically me, before I started my soul's journey. I can relate to him on so many levels." I add softly.

"You pity him." He observes with a sneer.

"I did, yes." I admit truthfully. "But like I've said, he is changing. He openly admits I'm his friend. I've even seen him worried for me. He's trained me, taught me spells that helped me take on Voldemort and kill all those Death Eaters those months ago."

"And Umbridge?" Snape adds with narrowed eyes, clearly knowing her disappearance was my doing.

"He had nothing to do with that one. She wasn't one of Voldemort's." I say truthfully, a ghost of a smirk on my face that Snape doesn't miss, but also doesn't question.

"What is next then? In your stories." He asks, sharply sitting up and looking ready to leave.

"Voldemort will try to steal the prophecy during the year." I answer, getting down to business. "Harry, who's working on his Occlumency and can at least filter out what's real and what's fake, will get a vision about Arthur Weasley getting attacked before the holidays, unless we can just avoid the attack all together by having more guards there. Remus is working on that now, and Dad has Aurors he trusts stationed there too. Near the end of the year Voldemort will try and take it himself by using Harry, and a large battle will happen at the Ministry. Then next year... well, Dumbledore forces you to kill himself in order to save an innocent from having to. A stupid decision that sets you up for death later. Honestly speaking, I think Dumbledore is just too old or too cowardly to face Voldemort himself. He should though, he's the one who created him and made him evil in the first place." I finish bitterly.

"Your theory of Tom Riddle never having known love as a child?" Snape asks for clarity, and I nod. "Dumbledore would sacrifice a thousand if it meant keeping his own hands clean." He admits, and I raise my eyebrows in surprise at his tone. "He was supposed to save Lily, and now I hear this story and know he is likely the one who set her up to die. Even if I could never be with her, I was happy just knowing she was happy and alive in this world, and that was all I asked of Albus, and that's exactly what he didn't give me."

"It's why he will never know anything about my truth." I nod in agreement with him. "He is no saint. A great teacher, I harbor no negative will against his prowess as a teacher. But as a guardian? As a symbol? He has failed. With as many as he has inspired, there is an equal amount he has turned away." I rant out, then feel myself getting worked up. "Actually, don't get me started on him, I could rant all day, and you frankly look ready to leave now."

"Too much time spent with a chattering Black today." He smirks lightly at me as we both stand again. "I already now have the misfortune of having to see your irksome father in these halls once again, I don't particularly need to be spending my free time with his spawn."

"Demon spawn, get it right." I smirk arrogantly back at him, and he just rolls his eyes and leaves my realm. I join him back in the real world too, standing and stretching after sitting so long. "Oh, I thought of a potion I want to either learn to make, or make from scratch if it doesn't already exist."

"What potion?" He asks shortly.

"I want to be able to enhance my eyesight again, like in my first resurrection. I had the greatest eyesight there, and could see up to 30 km away and through solid objects. So I figured there had to be a potion that could temporarily enhance my sight. Even if it won't be as great as that, I still want to try." I say excitedly.

"You will look into basic sensory enhancing potions. From there, we can craft one that further enhances a single sense. That can be your focus in the later term." He nods and then moves to his desk, taking out a book and tossing it to me. "As agreed." I look down after I caught it and see it's his personal potion book, and I grin at him.

"Thanks, Professor!" I say happily, and exit the classroom quickly. I can't wait to see if there are more spells in here, or better ways to brew the potions I made last year. My Amortentia never got to a perfect status, and I also really want to learn to make Felix Felicis.

A few weeks later I had a weekend afternoon blissfully to myself. My homework was done enough and the twins were taking their products down to other common rooms to sell to them, so I took a long walk into the forest. I wanted to get some practice in with Cupid's bow and my new arrows I made for it. They aren't enhanced arrows yet, they are just plain new ones I made with transfiguration. I wanted to get a feel for the bow before I started to make my enhancements to it, and I also wanted to get more practice in with it. I haven't shot yet in this body, so my muscle memory isn't there, but my skills should still shine through.

I found a nice clearing a ways into the forest and spent a few hours shooting in there and making the necessary adjustments to the bow. It was so fun and relaxing to just do something so familiar to me, something I was still blissfully good at. I had to stop for a bit though when my ears picked up a large approaching being heading my way, and I aimed my bow at the incoming creature.

"Welcome, young Nova." Posocus says politely as he reveals himself, walking slowly towards me but stopping when he sees the bow aimed at him. I lowered it quickly once I realized it was him.

"Posocus, hello." I smile at the centaur. "It's been a while."

"A great deal has changed in you since our last visit." He says mysteriously, walking over to approach me. "While your darkness may ebb and flow in varying quantities, your joy and light has solidified. Your nova star is clearer now, burning bright in the night sky, just as your light is burning bright in another's darkness."

"My light is within another's darkness?" I repeat his words back to him curiously.

"Can you think of no one this applies to in your life?" He asks pointedly. I immediately think of my pen pal.

"Tom?" I ask in surprise. "You know that I bring him light?!"

"You are destined to either bring him light, or be corrupted by him. It is still yet unknown which path you will take." He answers firmly.

"My prophecy. Can you please tell me the complete version of it now? I don't know when I'll be able to hear it again." I ask politely, but also desperately. I didn't think my fate was tied to Tom in any way, I figured only Harry was tied to Voldemort.

"The one who is master of life and death." Posocus starts to says calmly after debating a moment and nodding. "Born to the Dark Lord's enemy of Noble birth in the Spring time, under the light of the new Nova star. Fated bringer of darkness to the light, or bringer of joy to the darkness. This one, who's soul exceeds that of understanding, will either repair the Darkest among us and humble their titles, or they will enhance the most evil there is and spread destruction and chaos like fire. The two fragmented souls will find each other and form a bond stronger than their own personal darkness's, either a bond of light, or a bond of hate." He finishes while looking to the stars. "That is what the stars speak of you, Nova Black."

"So either I join him as his greatest weapon or I heal him?" I ask for clarification. "And you're saying the stars can't see which way it will go?" I ask in mocking disbelief, and he turns to look at me curiously. "Seems pretty obvious to me. Tom's already chilled out over the years and become my friend. I mean sure, I did some dark things recently, but I don't feel any permanent darkness because of it."

"You speak only of one fragment of the fractured soul." He says firmly. "When the time comes to end the evil, will you have what it takes to make the right call? To do what is best for everyone, or will you do what is best for you?"

I don't answer him. I'm still unsure about if the theories behind releasing the Horcrux link will work, but I have to try. 

"I have to try." I repeat out loud for him, a look of determination on my face. "But... no, I won't sacrifice the lives of many for the life of one." I say sadly, knowing deep down I will destroy the diary if I have to.

Posocus doesn't reply, instead he takes his bow off his back and nocks an arrow to it, then shoots it at my target I've been practicing on. His shot is perfect, much like mine have been, and I look at him curiously. "Join me." He offers, nodding towards my bow.

"How about you join me." I reply back with a smirk since this is my own impromptu archery range. He only chuckles in response as I take up the bow again. 

We shoot in silence together for a while, an odd calm between the two of us despite our heavy conversation earlier. My mind is focused on Tom though, and how my fate is seemingly tied to him here. Only I will bring him joy and take away some of his darkness. I have made him laugh a few times, each time his laugh is less forced and more honest. I like to think I'm getting through to him, but there is always the thought in the back of my mind he's lying to me. 

Harry's fate I know is that 'none shall live while the other survives', but I don't know if that ties him just to Voldemort, or to Tom as well. I firmly see them as two separate beings at this point, but I wonder if fate sees them that way as well?

"I have enjoyed our time together, Nova Black." Posocus says suddenly after an hour of shooting in silence. His voice snaps me out of my reverie of thoughts and I turn to look at him. "Archery is a sport of us Centaurs, so often your kind disregard its use in favor of your wands. It has been refreshing to join you. We train from a young age to become proficient, just as I can see that you have trained for many years. Perhaps even many years longer than you have been alive." He gives me a pointed look at that, then has a ghost of a smile cross his handsome face as he stores his bow again.

"Perhaps." I smirk at him proudly. "I am a 'soul beyond understanding', after all."

"Yet an intriguing one." He chuckles out, and his laughter echoes around the empty clearing majestically. "Until next time, Nova Black."

"Until next time." I agree with him and nod. He turns and leaves the clearing then, and I pack up my things and store them in the pouch. As I do, my hand grazes over the diary, and I decide to visit my fated friend right here in the forest for a change.

"Hi, Tom." I greet my friend with a smile, and he gives me a relieved look in return.

"Abigail." He breathes out to me with a smile. "It has been a while since I've seen you."

"You can tell?" I ask curiously. "I thought you couldn't tell how much time passes when you're not in my realm."

"It has started to become apparent." He replies. "I can sort of... feel as if more time has passed. Not in a physical sense, where I can count days or weeks, I don't know that specifically. But I can feel it here." He touches his heart. "I can feel as if longer times have passed between our chats. Tell me, how long has been?"

"Only about 3 weeks." I reply truthfully. "I wanted to give you time to think about what we spoke on last time. Plus I've been busy, it is my 7th year after all." I add with a cheeky grin.

"How often were we speaking before?" He asks in surprise.

"About once a week there for a while, a few times a week during the summer break. It makes sense I guess, term just started and I haven't had the free time to visit you. I've wanted to pop in a few times now, but also wanted to give you your time, ya know?" I reply impishly.

"I think you gave me too much time." He chuckles out heartily. "I knew my answer the moment you offered. I have only sat there and thought about telling my answer you for what feels like ages."

"I'm sorry!" I laugh out genuinely. "Well let's hear it then."

"I want to do it. I want to heal. I want to be someone you would be proud of." He says firmly, a genuine smile on his lips. "I will suffer the remorse if it gives me that chance to be free."

"So muggleborns aren't so bad?" I ask with a smirk, and his smile doesn't falter at all. "All those 'magic stealers' are alright now in your eyes? You won't try to have followers that you brand with a mark and rule with fear anymore? You'll treat everyone fairly?" I ask sincerely. "Unless they're a right evil prick, then I don't care if you kill them." I add jokingly.

"I had molded my beliefs on what my ancestors believed." He admits guiltily. "I am a Slytherin, not just in house but in blood. I felt it was my duty to honor their wishes since I was the last of my bloodline."

"And now?" I prompt him to continue.

"Now I have been scolded so many times I feel like a fool for those thoughts." He says lightly while smirking at me. "Now... I have no qualms against muggles and muggleborns. I cannot say I will be going out of my way to be with them, but I no longer view them as the problem. Not when what I have become in my other self is such a failure in his ambitions. He just proved what I thought was wrong. I wanted to make the wizarding world a better place. I still do."

"How would you make it better now?" I ask curiously.

"I don't know much about the state of things in the real world." He admits sheepishly. "I don't know what needs improving."

"Let's see..." I think for a moment. "Hermione's always going on about elf rights. Werewolves have next to no rights, that's something I've been looking into changing if I can. A greater mind than mine could work on making a cure to go along with the Wolfsbane Potion." I start to list off problems on my fingers. "Umm... relations with muggles are rocky, maybe a more open approach could be implemented. Earlier education for wizards would be good, something more cohesive so they know more people at a young age and maybe can learn away from prejudices. I think there could be more creativity on some spells and how they're used. We don't really get taught on how to invent or implement our own spells, we're only just now tapping into that at school, and it's only by our own request. I'm sure there's more, but I don't stray too much into what goes on at the Ministry, I don't have intentions of working there. Dad is an Auror, so I know some about that department, but not much else."

"Oh is that all?" He chuckles at me, his eyes wide as I list off ideas. "Surely all this is taking a back seat to Voldemort being on the loose though, right?"

"Well yeah." I shrug in acceptance. "He's not doing much right now, probably just recruiting secretly. He'll strike the Ministry next, trying to get his prophecy. Dad and I are actually working on a trap for that now." I add excitedly, we've have been hashing out a few potential plans for if and when Voldy tries to go the Department of Mysteries.

"Are you ever going to tell me how you know things that have not yet happened?" He asks quietly after a moment.

"Perhaps." I reply shortly. "But most likely no. Don't take offense, my father only just found out, and my closest and dearest friends don't even know."

"Such a well-guarded secret." He murmurs softly. "I suppose I can respect that. I too am well practiced in carrying secrets."

"My secrets are just very... intimate to me. Very personal, very special. They are my most precious possessions." I say wistfully.

"Well, I can only hope to become someone you may share it with someday." He says with a soft, hopeful smile, and I smile lightly in return to him.

"Good luck on that." I turn my soft smile into a wicked smirk as I laugh. "Well, I'll head out now, I'm kind of sitting in the middle of the Forbidden Forest right now, need to make sure I'm not being eaten by anything." I stand with a chuckle turning away and waving over my shoulder. "I'll visit more frequently! Promise!"

"I'll see you soon." He calls out in reply as I walk away. I don't know why I've always had the habit to leave my realm from outside of the treehouse, I could just leave form seat in it, but that seems awkward and rude.

I pack him up and realize I'm thankfully unharmed from my sitting in the woods, especially since night fell while I was in my realm. I hurry back to the castle in time to catch the end of dinner. Fred asks me why I'm covered in mud and I told him I was in the forest, then he got all offended at me for going without them. He and I spent the night planning some pranks for fun, and tossing around new ideas. George had homework for Transfiguration he had to get done before lessons in the morning, so he watched longingly from his table as his twin and I were laughing deviously and having fun. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 122 32
Remus Lupins childhood best friend, Violet Watson, has finally come back from a year long transfer to Beauxbatons. The problem? He had just been dia...
47.5K 948 26
|COMPLETED| in which a broken girl falls in love with a broken boy. ~~~ Elizabeth Turner is dead inside. A broken heart. And only he can cure her...
1.3K 69 16
Lily's life with her twin brother has been boring but calm. Mostly. After getting accepted into Hogwarts, she's pushed away by the only person she ne...
11.2K 392 199
Every family has its black sheep...even the Black family. Althea Black. When she was young, she never understood why her mother refused to speak of...